Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > New Orleans Saints      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hyoid
Msg: 801
New Orleans SaintsPage 33 of 71    (31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71)

It looked like Wayne didn't commit to the inside position of Porter,

That's what I saw. It was a hot read play but for some reason Wayne hesitated when he made the break inside.

I'll admit I though the Colts would win in the fashion NO did-by grinding out drives and forcing NO to take bad risks to stay close. The Saints took calculated risks (4th & goal, onside kick), both of which paid off in the end. I still can't fathom why Manning was handcuffed with 1:46 left in the 1st half; 3 runs, punt and NO gets the field goal they spurned earlier. That's a situation Manning feasts on.

Congratulations to the Saints, their fans and NOLA.

The list of never got it done drops to 14.
 Kulbrz
Msg: 802
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/9/2010 6:59:58 AM
TEE HEEE LOL So much fun!!! Who Dat!!!
 dennyden
Msg: 803
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/9/2010 10:16:38 AM
all most of u people know iam a colts fan, but i just want to say congrats to the saints and all of there fans, ur boys played a hell of a game on sunday and they deserved to win and thats what they did. saints fans have something to be real proud of. dont listen to the people who try and downplay what they did, ya know the people that say the saints didnt win the game instead the colts lost it or manning may have threw the game, its all crap , the saints won that game and good for u guys, like i said i just wanted to take the time and say congrats to the saints and there fans!!!!!!
 grandhusker
Msg: 804
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/9/2010 10:36:45 AM

As crazy as this allegation would sound.....it may NOT be at all preposterous as one might think it would!!!!!

Here is why!
1. Look closely at the interception PM threw........that ball was aimed directly at Porter...porter new exactly when to turn around and snatch it and Wayne just stood there!....this is as completely uncharacteristic of PM as you can get.....if Favre had thrown this pass, it could be understood, but not PM!...this 'easy' turnover was done to seal the win for NO, because it was the only was to orchestrate it in a defining way......as good as Brees' arm is.....it wudda been a major feat for him to deliver an epic pass way down field for an eventual TD!

2. The onside kick by NO at the beginning of the 2nd half......i mean, why risk the odds at that stage of the game......unless its to totally serve as a smoke screen in creating an artificial change of momentum!!!....it became the focal point for the saints climbing back up.....and which led to shutting down the Colts to a mere 7 pts in the 2nd half............that was the perfect set-up to change the choreography of the game, if you come to think of it!

3. The Colts taking the lead in the 1st half......a case of expecting the EXPECTED!...then, one might ask: why not have the Saints take the lead right from the outset?....you could do that but you'd have to keep the score close cause the teams were evenly matched and neither 1 was expected to win easily........keeping a close score (with 1 team always in the lead) is not a very easy thing to orchestrate!......thus the Colts were in the lead at the end of the 1st and they had stopped a rush by the saints close to the endzone, leaving the crowd in anticipation of whats to come in the 2nd.......but much to their surprise, the tide shifts...much as we see in a typical WWE match-up!

4. Why NO and why the Saints?.....certainly a top notch team this year and as soon as that became obvious, a great deal of fanfare surrounded them in NO....a city still mired in depression and hopelessness following the aftermath of Katrina....the Saints were seen as vehicle by which the City's soul and economy could be revived, and by reaching the pinnacle, it was decided(by the powers that be) that a Saints SB victory could be translated into a major victory for the state of Louisiana.

5. And the Colts?...why would the Colts submit to this?...first, PM is from NO...2nd, PM has already won a SB....3rd, PM runs the team on-field!.......being from NO, PM has a soft spot for his town and convincing him to 'throw' the game this year (possibly in exchange for a great deal of favors from the NFL)so as to allow his town a chance to return to splendor of the past; was all for a worthy cause , perhaps!....would PM have done this for any other city?....., I doubt it!

Well for all you purists, you might say all this is far-fetched!.....but is it really?....its conjecture, but think it thru!.......don't be so quick to underestimate the extent to which Goodell (& the NFL) would go to achieve a greater/higher goal!

That's what I'm talking about!

6. Pierre Garcon dropping the ball, Simms said he had open field, it would of been a TD to make it 17-3 ... instead he DROPS the ball on purpose! Why? He is in on it to, the NFL gave Haiti 1 Million dollers in Earthquake relief

7. Reggie Wayne picks a hell of a game to play his WORST game .... hmmmmmm

8. The 51 yard feild goal decision, 5 yards past his limit. looks like 'the powers that be' had say in that.

------------------------------------

Just like the Vikings game was fixed

1. Under the direction of the NFL, the officiating crew consistently ruled AGAINST the Vikings!

2. The networks benefit from a Saints win. Now we have the pleasure of 'reliving' the Katrina experience for the next two weeks, and will be conveniently reminded of the failings of the past administration.

3. Obama and the Democrats benefit because they can capitalize on the past mistakes with Katrina and point to 'how they would have done things better - using the recent tragedy in Haiti, and their fast response, as examples of their 'superior leadership.' Look to see Obama's poll numbers rise as the next two weeks unfold.

4. It would be reasonable to point out that players from both teams could have been involved. Too many mistakes / questionable decisions happening a crucial times in the game. Too many for coincidence.

5. They can anoint New Orleans as the new 'America's Team'. They can bombard us with stories of tragedy and hope from New Orleans / Katrina - which by the way appeals to a female demographic which the NFL desperately wants to increase.

Sorry to burst your bubble Saints fans
SOMEONE CALL JESSE VENTURA!!!!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 805
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/9/2010 11:58:48 AM
Superbowl 44 was originally suppose to be played in New Orleans but because of Katrina it was pushed to Miami. Saints could have been the first team to not only host the superbowl in their home field but to win it.
 skoochie
Msg: 806
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/9/2010 12:50:39 PM
Damn Sum1,
Were you actually trying to convince us that the Super Bowl was one big conspiracy to let the Saints win? You do know Manning is the Golden Boy of the NFL and if there was a fix, it would have favored him. Let me guess: you picked the Colts to win and heaven forbid you were wrong. So, there must have been something to interfere with the game because you are never wrong.
Manning did not throw the ball to Porter. Porter made a play on the ball and picked it. Don't over think it. It's an interception caused by Porter. QBs never throw the ball to defenders. Defenders get in the way after the ball is released. But, you go ahead and run with your conspiracy theory. I'm sure Bush was responsible for 9/11 and there are aliens at Area 51 in your world.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 807
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/9/2010 2:28:40 PM

there are aliens at Area 51 in your world.

No way man, there are aliens at Area 51....
 MGMLION
Msg: 808
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/9/2010 6:08:46 PM
I'm a believer now. The Saints and straightup are ForReel.
 sum1reel
Msg: 809
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/9/2010 9:17:18 PM

All it takes is one BS call to alter the enitre outcome of a game. We see it with legit games let alone games that can be fixed. They could have easily fixed the Vikings and Saints game at the end of the game with that int in which could have been flagged against the Saints over some BS call and the Saints couldn't have done anything about it. Which would have then gave the Vikings not only the back ball back but extra yards that would have put the Vikings in field goal range which could have allowed them to kick the game winning field goal.

......thats only if the refs are involved and are directing the "fix"...i didn't say that was the case in this SB!

It looked like Wayne didn't commit to the inside position of Porter,

...and why was that?.....look at the distance between the 2.

If you want to call this a planned interception by Payton, why not just call all interceptions planned to throw a game?

as you said, these plays happen often, and as a result, it can be an easy venue by which to 'throw' a game............the fact that no one here would ever believe that such a thing could have happened, serves as PROOF for its very potential!

The Saints got lucky recovering the on-side kick.

.....was it pure luck?.....look again!

The Saints must have seen something?

if its a 50/50 deal as you say, what could they have seen?.

Their best way to beat Manning, was keeping Drew on the field, and Manning off. Which is what they were able to do starting in the second quarter.

sure pal, it was just that easy!....thats a good way to rationalize it!

I actually feel "the Who" lacked a little at half time, not the Super Bowls best.

...the Who is a great band...but they shudda got an American band for the SB, as this is purely an American thing!

dont listen to the people who try and downplay what they did, ya know the people that say the saints didnt win the game instead the colts lost it or manning may have threw the game, its all crap

yeah Pal,.... like you know it for a fact!

Damn Sum1,
Were you actually trying to convince us that the Super Bowl was one big conspiracy to let the Saints win?

...No, but if you actually took the time (or knew how) to read what i wrote, you'd see toward the end of my statement that this was simply 'conjecture' which i built on certain premises that could be used to catapult such a thing!

You do know Manning is the Golden Boy of the NFL and if there was a fix, it would have favored him.

Not really!.....the centerpiece of a spectacle is always to provide an element of surprise to its viewers, its the ultimate aphrodisiac!.......look at how it is in the WWE, does the "golden boy" always win when they are expected to win?...think about it!

Let me guess: you picked the Colts to win and heaven forbid you were wrong.

Nope, i'm not a fan of either team, so i could give a dead rats' azz about who the winner was...nor did i make any bets!

Manning did not throw the ball to Porter. Porter made a play on the ball and picked it.

.....look at Porter making his run with wayne.....before the ball was half way to its intended recipient (as opposed to 'receiver'), Porter looks back, stops dead, and quickly doubles back a few yards and catches the ball....did Pm throw it directly at Porter, no he didn't but he DID NOT have to throw it at him.... if Wayne purposely chose not to turn inside to make the reception!

Don't over think it. It's an interception caused by Porter. QBs never throw the ball to defenders. Defenders get in the way after the ball is released.

and as i've tried to explain...this can be orchestrated!

you go ahead and run with your conspiracy theory.

go back and re-read what i wrote, or better yet maybe you should try expanding your mind a bit!

Get a life sm1real. Although you fantasize about Manning bending you over and drilling you from behind, it will never happen.

..Better to fantasize about Pm drilling me than to fantasize about you coming in from behind me with your favorite strap-on!

And your team winning this SB will never happen either.

Got news for ya Hon!...the Gmen already won the greatest SB, since the 69 jets, if you weren't a sunny day football fan you'd know it!

Ive came to 2 conclusions:

i hope you didn't strain your brain in the process, i hear its hard to find a brain surgeon down in NO these days!

#1 Your jock strap is too tight and its cutting off the circulation to your brain.

gee that was sooooo funny, i coudn't stop laffing!...wow you are really talented, maybe Sarah Palin could use you for her side-kick.

#2 You've been without a piece of ass so long....... I realize some arent fortunate enough to get sex for free.

I'm married, so i get all the azz i want...whenever i want!.....but don't be so bitter, i'm sure you can find some Louisiana- dike somewhere in the bayou to give you a "charity" screw!

Its more your style...............HATER.

.......a HATER of what, if i may ask?....i've exercised my freedom of speech to offer a differing view of what may have taken place (given the right set of circumstances) in this SB....and you spew out all kinds of venomous schit at me, deep from the core of your wretched bowels.....and then you say i'm the HATER!!!!

And if you chose to think the game was rigged, you gotta say the Saints looked dam good doing it

...and if the game was indeed fixed then PM did a whole lot more for your City (and state) then your pea-brain could ever realize!......now you could stick your thumb back up your azz before your brains fall out....Hon!
--------------------------------------------------------

Oh boy....I guess its just not only me that thinks the same way.

No Pal, there are lots of other hump-holes that think like you do...all you gotta do is look for them.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 810
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/9/2010 9:53:33 PM
But you stated a fix can't be that easy in general in which i showed it could be just by mucking up one play on purpose that can change the entire outcome of the game.

As for Wayne didn't commit to the run that wasn't the case. Porter read Wayne's in-route cut which result in the int. As Wayne was turning inward to cut in, Porter jumped Wayne's route which resulted in him catching Mannings pass instead which the replay shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFJ6oZZzBUg

Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed are notrious for making plays like that. Porter just made a great play on the ball.
 skoochie
Msg: 811
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 6:13:10 AM
Sum1,
The Saints had a seven point lead before the interception. They had been effective at stopping the Colts through the second half and most of the 2nd quarter. They outscored the Colts without that interception.
You want to dismiss your stupid conspiracy theory as conjecture in one sentence, then make more arguments to support your lame conspiracy theory. You actually want us to believe Manning played all year to throw the game. That is soooo retarded. They didn't need that interception anyway to win that game. It would have been 24-17. And please don't say Manning would have scored if the ball wasn't picked, because I saw the Saints defense stop the Colts offense a bunch of times during the game.

You just can't believe Manning lost so you have to conjure up the stupidest excuse ever to justify your broken heart. Don't give me that "conjecture " crap when you haven't once said you're just f-ing around. Your posts sound like you are actually dumb enough to believe the game can be fixed. You even brought up the on-side kick as possibly being rigged. You CANNOT rig that kind of chaos happening at the bottom of the pile.

And please enlighten me as to who "they" are. Are you referring to the entire Colts organization, Saints organization, Vikings and Cardinals organizations who all threw thw gam so the Saints can win a SB? "They" must include all the refs and the NFL too. Wake up dude.
 petebelongs
Msg: 812
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 7:02:07 AM
StraightUpOriginal, you smokin' hot cajun minx! You have beauty, brains, quick wit and a great sense of humor! But seriously, luv, would you at least give Sum1 a mercy reach around while doing him with "the Punisher"?
SUO, I do want to pass along some of life's lessons that I've learned. Do not bother to argue with drunks, morons or crazy people! It's a never win scenerio!
Also, SUO, why haven't you changed your profile yet to say that you are from Lou-Brees-ianna?

Sum1, you pretty much said it all in the statement "look what they do in the WWE"! You want to compare a spontaneous football game to a scripted, choreographed and pre-determined professional wrestling match??? Alllllllrighty then, no sense trying to explain anything to you! However, if you look at a replay of the game you will see Porter playing on his outside shoulder all game. This is the proper defensive positioning forthe cornerback to prevent the receiver from getting outside and down the sideline. You keep the receiver inside where you can get coverage help from a linebacker or safety. Several times in the game you can see Porter on the outside and Wayne beat him on the slant route inside. Film study showed that Manning's tendencies on third down in blitz situations was to throw the slant pass. On the interception play, you can see, if you look closely, that Porter is lined up on Wayne's inside shoulder. With Porter inside and the Saints showing blitz, Wayne's "hot" read is to break the pattern outside but Manning, looking to get rid of the ball in a hurry, threw to the inside and Porter was there for the 74 yard return!
Sum1, wait until next year in Dallas, when Katie Couric will have an in-depth, one-on-one interview with the man on the grassy knoll! Then you'll hear some serious conspiracy theories!

grandhusker, I'm sorry for your mental deficiencies. But I am happy for you in that you manage to cope in life despite your handicap!
 skoochie
Msg: 813
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 8:05:39 AM

my 12.5 inch girthy dong i call the "Punisher".

Straight up,
I've always called my dong Thor, but ifn you want to call it "Punisher" then that's fine. lmao.
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 814
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 1:05:39 PM
WOW, this is a fun thread,

Craziness all around.... Love it.

Thank God Porter didn't drop his planned interception! And I loved the accuracy of Manning putting that pass that Garçon dropped on the numbers, the accuracy in the deception was beautiful.

Sum people here have never really played football, It's so obvious. Perhaps sum people were so pissed off at their TV last Sunday, they blew out blood veins in their foreheads.

Does there really have to be a big conspiracy for sum to feel good about themselves?

2 people can't keep a secret, How could you ever think something like that could be orchestrated? And with precision!

It's just nutty bong talk.
 sum1reel
Msg: 815
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 2:23:38 PM

But you stated a fix can't be that easy in general in which i showed it could be just by mucking up one play on purpose that can change the entire outcome of the game.

That would depend upon which methods are utilized, yeah you can throw a game by purposely botching a successful play....but thats assuming that you are gonna get that many venues. ...but based on that premise, it can be said that Garcon intentionally dropped the pass.....in short, the more methods you use, the less the game is gonna look staged.

As for Wayne didn't commit to the run that wasn't the case. Porter read Wayne's in-route cut which result in the int. As Wayne was turning inward to cut in, Porter jumped Wayne's route which resulted in him catching Mannings pass instead which the replay shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFJ6oZZzBUg

...unfortuanetely, i couldn't see the YT clip, as i was getting an error message on the black screen...i could be having a problem with the adobe reader.

But i did see the play way more than once, and as it was being critiqued....it wasn't just about Wayne's in-cut (or lack of)....it was also about the velocity of the pass!....it appeared to be underthrown...of course, this alone doesn't prove a fix, but it does raise suspicion about how it could have happened......i personally don't buy the issue of blitz, PM knows how to handle blitzes well so i don't think he choked on the play...if he'd felt undue pressure, he coudda easily thrown it outta bounds......and Porter, he was shadowing Wayne, but Porter was the 1 to cut back first and then reversed a yard or 2 to make the catch....again, this conjecture, but he cudda taken a cue from Wayne to make his move.

The Saints had a seven point lead before the interception. They had been effective at stopping the Colts through the second half and most of the 2nd quarter. They outscored the Colts without that interception.

yep and it also seem to me that the Colts' secondary was 1 step behind throughout the second half...but could just be my imagination, carrying me away!

You want to dismiss your stupid conspiracy theory as conjecture in one sentence, then make more arguments to support your lame conspiracy theory.

i believe i already did, so i can't help it if you can't read...i can't use pictograms for you as this site won't allow for it!

You actually want us to believe Manning played all year to throw the game. That is soooo retarded.

...you can believe what you want pal....the motives for it were certainly there.

It would have been 24-17. And please don't say Manning would have scored if the ball wasn't picked, because I saw the Saints defense stop the Colts offense a bunch of times during the game.

then it becomes a matter of field position....with the reception of that pass, it would have been another 1st down.......and no one can say what wudda/cudda happened.

conjure up the stupidest excuse ever to justify your broken heart. Don't give me that "conjecture " crap when you haven't once said you're just f-ing around.

...broken heart????....now you are begining to sound like the Wiz...yeah, like my heart was really broken!!!!..........as far as conjectures go, ..the word means just as i intended it to mean!.....you should look it up if you are not sure.

Your posts sound like you are actually dumb enough to believe the game can be fixed.

and being that you (and other like-minded pple)are naive enuff to believe that a game can't be rigged, is the precise reason why something like that can be carried out!!!!

You even brought up the on-side kick as possibly being rigged. You CANNOT rig that kind of chaos happening at the bottom of the pile.

first of all, you don't know what can and can't be rigged....secondly, i didn't say that the OSK was rigged outright, i insinuated that it was part of the choreography, which transfered change in momentum in the slight of hand effect.

"They" must include all the refs and the NFL too. Wake up dude.

its obvious you understood little of what i said!

------------------------------------------------
@pete

But seriously, luv, would you at least give Sum1 a mercy reach around while doing him with "the Punisher"?

you NO folks never cease to surprise us.....you gotta be the only ones to give pet names to your 'strap-ons'.............man, i'll never complain when my wife throws a shoe(or something) at me for getting her riled up...in fact, i'll thank her for being easy on me considering what could be happening to me for far LESS infractions....if it was SUO, i'd get knocked over the head out cold and wake up in some Bayou shack, arm & legs tied with 4 point leather restraints, only to see her sadistic grin as she puts on her "punisher"...man whatta nightmare for any guy!

Do not bother to argue with drunks, morons or crazy people! It's a never win scenerio!

...which is why is why i'm not gonna belabor this any longer, seeing that so many pple here so wanna believe that the "emperor always has his clothes on"....and we dare not try to burst the bubble.

Sum1, you pretty much said it all in the statement "look what they do in the WWE"! You want to compare a spontaneous football game to a scripted, choreographed and pre-determined professional wrestling match???

...what Goddell and the NFl learned from SB 42, was that an upset did not always bode poorly for the game & sponsorship.....in fact it brought a positive swing in that it created a great deal of bustle and interest....what was expected was that of a NE SB win, a team that was to be undefeated.... but it wudda been well expected, but instead the "golden boy" of that year didn't get it done....and the uncertainty of the next season was all the buzz!...could he do it again, and win it this time, and of the Gmen, flukes or for real?
this is the business aspect of the game...its what keeps the flame burning...which is what happens in the WWE all the time!!...of course, the NFL does not function like the WWE, but it thrives like WWE with the same level of controversy & surprise.....the Colts winning the SB?...Ho hum, but the Saints winning it, after they were down in the 1st and coming back in an epic fashion, to bring glory and revelry to a severely depressed area of the US?

Sum people here have never really played football, It's so obvious.

this ain't about playing it, its more about seeing what transpired.

It's just nutty bong talk.

suit yourself pal...but don't wear your blinders too tight, it could be hazardous as you cross the street!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 816
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 2:30:20 PM

No Pal, there are lots of other hump-holes that think like you do...all you gotta do is look for them.

Well PAL, at least this hump-hole that thinks like me has a vagina....Unlike you, the ones that think like you are hairy a$$-holes....And you don't have to look for them, they come to you. ( )( )

SteelCity1981
Msg: 817
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 3:00:51 PM
unfortuanetely, i couldn't see the YT clip, as i was getting an error message on the black screen...i could be having a problem with the adobe reader.

Try updating your flash player. Go to your add/remove programs remove flash player then go to adobe.com and install flash player. If you haven't updated your flash player in a while then that's prob the problem considering youtube is using hd capable flash versions for their video content now and older flash players aren't capable of that.

But i did see the play way more than once, and as it was being critiqued....it wasn't just about Wayne's in-cut (or lack of)....it was also about the velocity of the pass!....it appeared to be underthrown...of course, this alone doesn't prove a fix, but it does raise suspicion about how it could have happened......i personally don't buy the issue of blitz, PM knows how to handle blitzes well so i don't think he choked on the play...if he'd felt undue pressure, he coudda easily thrown it outta bounds......and Porter, he was shadowing Wayne, but Porter was the 1 to cut back first and then reversed a yard or 2 to make the catch....again, this conjecture, but he cudda taken a cue from Wayne to make his move.

Here is a good replay of the video. Once you get your flash player working you can view it. It may appear that Manning's throw was a tad bit short but Manning was antisapating Wayne to cut inward and that's when Porter jumped on Waynes route and int the pass. @ 16 seconds into the clip you can see where that takes place.

@ 50 seconds you can see how Wayne was acutally the one that cut in first, Porter anticipated Waynes read route and cut him off from completeling the inward cut to make the play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XzXTYjfbDk
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 818
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 3:12:21 PM

this ain't about playing it, its more about seeing what transpired.

Your logic of a receiver dropping a catch to fill your head with conspiracy is what is transpiring. When one on one side drops a pass right to him, you want to call foul, like something is up. But when the other side has a receiver drop a pass right to him, you just want to ignore what happened because it hurts your theory.

Dropping a pass right to you is a bone head thing, not a conspiracy. Anyone can drop a pass right to you if you take your eyes of the ball too soon, it happens way too often.

What transpired was that some receivers dropped balls on both sides of the line, but that sum wish to work out craziness in their heads to make it something it isn't.

Yeah, I'm wearing blinders.... So I don't get caught up in crazy conspiracies. And throw cr@p out there to try and diminish the success that a team I wasn't for had. There are always bad calls and mistakes, and they $uck, but you can't ignore someone's success or failure based on that. Bottom line, the Saints were the best team last Sunday.

But sum, your posts are amusing, Gotta like that.
 MGMLION
Msg: 819
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 4:03:11 PM

...what Goddell and the NFl learned from SB 42, was that an upset did not always bode poorly for the game & sponsorship.....

Who said SB 42 was an upset when that game could have been fixed. How many times did Eli get away from the Pats defense scrambling around back there all day when he threw the ball up for grabs on the immucalate helment catch by Tyree when the refs could have easily called holding on any one of the 5 Giants O linemen. Take that play away on a holding call back the Giants 10 yards and that does the Giants in.
 Kulbrz
Msg: 820
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 4:08:21 PM
Well may i ask something in this room? Anyways now here.... If the Donkeys would of won , Would it be considered a rigged event??? I just wanna say something, back to when the Donkeys played The Jags Im thinking is it Jason Campbell the Qb for Jags? I the closing minutes the Jags had been passing awesomly but they got to like the 10 yrd line and he threw a obvious interception from my eyes , and the Donkeys ended up winning when they in my mind should of been beat!!!
 MGMLION
Msg: 821
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 4:25:05 PM
The Jags Im thinking is it Jason Campbell the Qb for Jags?

Jason Campbells a Redskin

It was Drew Brees.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 822
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 4:42:53 PM

If the Donkeys would of won , Would it be considered a rigged event???

It would be rigged with a huge bribe....The Yankees got the money for it, why not?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 823
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 4:45:59 PM
Here is something for all of you Saints fans....

Tracy Porter's Interception In Super Bowl 44...According to Tecmo Super Bowl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ptWyt0P3I&feature=player_embedded
 hhheavenly1
Msg: 824
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 10:44:13 PM
PLEASE SOMEONE IN THE KNOW RESPOND TO MY REQUEST TO UNDERSTAND WHY BREES DIDNT GET THE CREDIT FOR A NEW SUPERBOWL RECORD OF 33 COMPLETIONS?

HIS 32ND COMPLETION WAS THE TOUCHDOWN THAT MADE THE SCORE 22 - 17, THEN HE THREW A 2PT CONVERSION FOR 33 COMPLETIONS.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, NO ONE ANSWERED WHEN I POSTED IT NORMALLY. AND PLEASE, IF YOU KNOW WHY, PLEASE POST A LINK SO I CAN SEE THE RULE ON STATS MYSELF, THANK YOU.
 sum1reel
Msg: 825
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 2/10/2010 11:15:34 PM
^

I put in a new updated reader and i was able to see the clip....namely the TP interception one, in which we see 2 different angles, 1 from a sideline view and then a back field view which i felt was more revealing in terms of the distances between players and lateral movements.

first off, PM held the ball for 3 seconds after the snap before he made the pass......wayne took off straight down from his starting position and slowed down at the 25 yardline....most of the action took place between the 24 & 26 yard line (where the 1st down line was.)...........as wayne aproached the 25th he abruptly slowed to veer inside coming no closer than arms lenght with TP, but AT THE SAME TIME, Porter slid over to the inside where he put himself in-line with the pass, which was dipping downward as it came closer....right at this time Wayne didn't get his bearings yet but before he could position himself, TP had sprinted into the path where the ball was coming and took it.....the way i saw it, this all happened simultaneously....1 did not precede the other!.......TP was never more than an arms lenght distance from wayne, and basically took his eyes off him when the ball was in mid-air.

Now here are the questions:

1) Did PM misjudge Wayne's position and underthrow the ball such that it gave TP the advantage to see it as he faced the play, and then grabbed it before wayne?........if the answer is YES: then why did this happen, as this was a bread & butter play for him such that he shudda known exactly where to put the ball for wayne!.....can we blame it on the Blitzing?.....if YES, then does it mean that 3 full seconds was not enuff for PM to throw the ball with his usual accuracy?......if the answer is NO, then we have a problem in explaining this occurrence from the standpoint of the QB.

2) Did wayne run the proper path, and if so, where was he expecting the ball?......was he supposed to break inside much sooner than the 25th, catch it and then run it in to get 1st down?.......Given the slowing velocity of the ball and that it was dipping, there was no way he was gonna catch it (at least without diving for it) beyond the 24th yard line.
If he wasn't in the proper location and didn't break inside when he should have, then we are left to ask why?.

^^These are important questions to ask of these 2 players who have executed this play time and time again!

Thirdly, the player(name?) who wears No 17 for the colts......he made a lateral/diagonal run and was virtually wide open(probably because of the Saints Blitzing) in mid field at the time PM was throwing the pass........there was no Saint player within 2-3 yards of him, yet it appeared that he was overlooked for Wayne, who was about to meet his cover at the 25th yard line!

now before some of you go crazy like brainwashed lunatics and start attacking me....i'll say that all this isn't enuff to demonstrate that there was 'fix' (from the players), but it is certainly enuff to raise some possible allegations.

I just don't easily buy the notion that PM compromised his throw because of the blitz...and that TP was so skilled at reading the play when, it just seemed like he collected an airmail "gift" from PM.

For those of us who have an open mind, its a good thing to entertain these possibilities!
--------------------------------------------
@Wiz

this hump-hole that thinks like me has a vagina

...don't worry Pal, your A-hole has been vaginalized long ago...its bigger and better than hers and probably alot less skanky........its been volumized, and vulcanized!....so you can even handle a Rhino drilling you at full throttle pal,......and it won't even faze you!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > New Orleans Saints