Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > New Orleans Saints      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 skoochie
Msg: 126
view profile
History
New Orleans SaintsPage 6 of 73    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
The Pats or the Girls better be prepared to throw up 40+ points if they are to beat the Saints. This is the fourth leading scoring team, since the record book started, at this point in the season. Don't be surprised if they climb to number one.

Am I the only one who is thinking the Saints are going to be even better next year?
 MGMLION
Msg: 127
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/7/2009 5:26:45 AM
I don't see the Pats losing anymore games especially when Tom Brady gets to make-up All the Rules.
Just like a woman.
 petebelongs
Msg: 128
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/7/2009 6:28:08 AM
Careful, MGM, the Gisele fan club will be after you for making those comments!
 petebelongs
Msg: 129
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/7/2009 7:31:39 AM
By BRETT MARTEL, AP Sports Writer
10 hours, 14 minutes ago

Buzz up! 3 PrintNEW ORLEANS (AP)—Jake Delhomme(notes) has several reasons to love the Saints.

They were the team of his south Louisiana childhood, the first NFL team to put him on a roster, and ever since he left, he’s been able to beat them with regularity.

The quarterback is 8-2 against New Orleans since joining the Panthers in 2003.

When asked about the last time he’d lost a game in the Superdome, Delhomme responded, “I don’t know. I’d be lying. I’m not sure.”

There’s a good reason he can’t remember. It’s never happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

He had only one home start for the Saints, his first career start in 1999, and led New Orleans to an upset of the Dallas Cowboys.

He’s won all four of his Carolina starts in the Superdome and also beat New Orleans in LSU’s Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge in 2005, when the Saints were displaced by Hurricane Katrina.

He even beat Tulane in the Superdome—twice—when he played for the Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns (then known as Southwestern Louisiana) in the mid-1990s.

The Panthers haven’t lost in Louisiana since 2001. This Sunday, though, they will face what is increasingly looking like the best Saints team in the franchise’s 43-year history.

Having matched the 1991 Saints for the club’s best start ever, the 2009 Saints need one more victory this Sunday to give New Orleans fans something they’ve never seen: an 8-0 team.

Delhomme is already calling New Orleans “the best team in football.”

“What they do is awesome. It’s fun to watch,” Delhomme said. “On some Mondays you pull up film from around the league. I’ll pull up some Saints film and just watch what they’re doing.

“We have to go into the Superdome thinking we’re going to play good football, because if you don’t, they’re going to run you out of there,” Delhomme added. “It’s kind of what they’ve done for the majority of their games this year.”

New Orleans leads the league in scoring, averaging 39 points, or 8.5 points per game more than the second-highest scoring team, Minnesota. New Orleans also ranks first in total yards (428.7) per game. The Saints’ 35-27 victory over Atlanta last Monday night marked the first time all season they hadn’t won by double digits.

Some days, Brees throws the ball all over the field. He’s had as many as six TD passes in one game this season. Some games, the Saints go with a three-headed ground attack powered by Pierre Thomas(notes), Mike Bell(notes) and Reggie Bush(notes), who’ve combined for 975 yards and 10 TDs rushing.

And in every game, the Saints’ defense has come up with at least one interception. Led by new safety Darren Sharper(notes) and new cornerback Jabari Greer(notes), New Orleans has picked off 16 passes overall, already surpassing last season’s total. The Saints have returned five interceptions for touchdowns, needing less than half the season to tie a single-season team record set in 1998.

Considering all that, it’s hardly surprising oddsmakers are forecasting the end of Carolina’s winning streak in Louisiana. They’ve made New Orleans two-touchdown favorites.

The Saints aren’t buying it. Coach Sean Payton already has made his players aware he has yet to beat the Panthers in New Orleans, and the fact Carolina (3-4) has won three of its last four games wasn’t lost on them, either.

“Their slow start this year is no reflection on the type of team they are,” Saints quarterback Drew Brees(notes) said. “They’ve kind of come out like gangbusters the last few weeks and they’re playing extremely well defensively.”

Also, the Saints have been torched in recent years by Carolina wide receiver Steve Smith, who’s made 11 catches for 256 yards and a touchdown in his last two games against New Orleans.

“He’s an unbelievable football player. He does things that obviously you can’t coach,” Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams said. “He’s so explosive. The thing that I think he does the best is that for a little guy, when the ball goes up in the air, he plays like a 6-10 (basketball) center. He goes and gets it. What you have to do is to turn his little body over so that when he does get it, he lands on his head and he doesn’t come back in for a while.”

In some ways, Williams’ strategy for dealing with Smith resembles what these 2009 Saints are doing to the historical perception of the franchise. For decades, New Orleans has been known mostly for finding ways to lose, never going to a Super Bowl or having fans who sometimes wore bags over their heads in shame.

The way the Saints have played this season, players and coaches across the NFL are starting to pay them the types of compliments normally reserved for Tom Brady’s(notes) Patriots, Peyton Manning’s(notes) Colts or Ben Roethlisberger’s(notes) Steelers.

They refer to the Saints as an elite team—even the best team—without raising eyebrows. It’s as if the club’s long-held reputation has been knocked on its head as well.

When asked what it would mean to beat the Saints in the dome, Carolina defensive tackle Damione Lewis(notes) said, “It’d be awesome. … It’s going to be a challenge for us, it’s a really good team. In my opinion, it’s probably one of the best, if not the best, in the NFL.”

AP Sports Writer Mike Cranston in Charlotte, N.C., contributed to this report.

Updated 10 hours, 14 minutes

But this is a year of firsts for the Saints! A few weeks ago, it was the first time Eli ever played in the dome. We've had the first 99 yard TD return of an interception, thanks to Sharper. Last week, it was the first time that the Falcons lost back to back games since Smith and Ryan took over the team! And this week, it will be the first time the Saints ever went 8-0 and Delhomme's first loss in the Superdome! Geaux Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 petebelongs
Msg: 130
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/7/2009 7:36:26 AM
And remember kids, when you dress up for game day this week, the Saints will be wearing white at home on Sunday!
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 131
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/7/2009 12:54:32 PM
Ok I have to say hope the Saints win. My pick this week in the suicide pool.
 StraightUpOriginal
Msg: 132
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/8/2009 7:56:08 PM
8-0 Baby!! . Am i the only one on these forums thats actually from Louisiana . Or even any natives of Louisiana that have relocated???
 wizardofossington
Msg: 133
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/8/2009 8:18:19 PM
Hey JaB....Are you in here?
 skoochie
Msg: 134
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/8/2009 8:33:43 PM
My Cyber-Sweetie, I ate some Louisiana hot links tonight. Does that count?

The Saints came from behind to win for the third week in a row. Not only will they throw up points, but no lead is safe when it comes to the Saints. My friends at the sports bar told me that "they are still a good team" during the first half today. I told them the game AIN'T over yet. Saints are the second half team of the year thus far. I focking love it.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
 wizardofossington
Msg: 135
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/8/2009 8:39:32 PM
The Saints are good....Very good....I'm not too sure about the Patriots winning this one. A miracle would have to happen....
 skoochie
Msg: 136
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/8/2009 8:50:15 PM
^^^The Patriots are very good also. They're not a sleeper team, but the Colts are overshadowing the AFC. I worry about all the Saints divisional games, four more left, but the Patriots are the team I'm worried about the most.

Wouldn't it be something for a team (Saints) to never have been to the SB and then go undefetaed throughout the year and win the SB? To go from a perrenial losers to the greatest team ever would be awesome.

Sorry for saying such a thing you voodoo believing Saints.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 137
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/8/2009 8:57:58 PM
The Patriots seem to always find ways to win, but against the Saints I just don't see it happening as of right now. I really didn't like the way they played against the Dolphins, even though the won. Like I said, if the Patriots play good against the Colts and the Jets these next two weeks then maybe there could be a chance.

Wouldn't it be something for a team (Saints) to never have been to the SB and then go undefetaed throughout the year and win the SB?

The way the Sainst have been playing, there could be a good possiblilty that they can go undefeated (I hope not).
 petebelongs
Msg: 138
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/11/2009 5:58:47 AM
Barring any injuries in the Rams and Bucs games, the Saints should have Ellis, Fujita and Moore healthy and ready to go, and be at full strength for the Pats game!
 skoochie
Msg: 139
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/12/2009 9:31:21 PM
The Saints wouldn't be the same without Brees. He makes passes that are going to change the way QBs are coached by throwing to the opposite shoulder of his receiver. Meaning his receivers often will do a 360 to catch a ball. They expect it to be thrown more at the sideline and consistently catch it as if it is drawn up that way. For example, he throws to the right side of a receiver who is on the right side of the field. This turns the defender around who figures the ball would be thrown in front of the receiver when all along the pass goes to the backside of the receiver. It's genious.

I don't know if any of his receivers will make the pro bowl because he spreads the ball around so much that no one is the "number one" receiver. But, Colston can get up and get a ball almost as good as Fitzgerald. Almost.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 140
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/12/2009 10:59:32 PM
Yep if the Saints lost Brees their great season would be in major jeopardy of being F*ed.

Daniel, Chase QB
Brunell, Mark QB
 petebelongs
Msg: 141
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/13/2009 5:01:56 AM
Steel, no way would the Saints be as dynamic of a team without Brees, but I think that Brunell could do a decent job filling in and we'd still have a shot of winning the South Division. Also, Payton, Loomis and company must have seen something good in Chase Daniel to be willing to snatch him up just two days after Washington cut him this past September and protect him by promoting him from the practice squad to the active roster a few weeks later and let Harrington be released outright.

Who dat????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 HDready10
Msg: 142
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/13/2009 10:41:42 PM
the saints have been lucky the last couple of weeks.
i am not worried about them, in fact looking forward to them.
 petebelongs
Msg: 143
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/15/2009 7:30:14 AM
Yeah, HD, you've been sounding far too confident lately. You'll need that beat down in the 'dome that the Saints will put on you, just to **** slap you back to reality!!!
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 144
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/15/2009 4:59:26 PM
That was a too close of a game against the RAMS! Whats going on? Could the Saints be fizzling out like my Giants? I mean the last two games prior as I recall they start off behind but come back. What happened to forty some odd points? A win is a win. Congrats.
 HDready10
Msg: 145
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/15/2009 6:25:08 PM
the saints defensive stats keep plungering closer to the bottom.

which means thats what will eventually beat them.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 146
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/16/2009 4:22:14 PM
Saints have had a few stumbles, but they are human. I mean i don't expect them to just play every game flawlessly. Did the Saints not take the Rams as serious considering that the Rams are really bad? Maybe, but I wouldn't look anything past that.
 petebelongs
Msg: 147
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/17/2009 5:37:13 AM
Steel, first off the Rams played their hearts out in that game and they most likely played their best game of the year against the Saints. It was their Superbowl, so to speak. The Saints helped the Rams' cause by committing a few turnovers. Although Payton would most likely deny it, I think that the Saints did take the Rams for granted, a bit, and most likely Greer and Sharper could have played if the level of anticipated competition had been higher. Stephen Jackson ran the ball very well, especially in the first half, and the Saints did a better job in defending the run in the second half. Perhaps the Saints wore the Rams down a bit as the game wore on, and the blocking for the Rams was not as good in the second half as it had been in the first half. I also think that the Saints became one dimensional after taking an 11 point lead in the second half and Payton wanted to conduct an experiment to see if the offense could run the clock out with the "four minute drill" and not put the ball in the air unless necessary. That caused me a bit of anxiety in the 4th quarter. Overall, having played more than half of the game with only one starting D back in the line-up, and with both of our starting D tackles not able to play, I think the Saints played well. We did have Fujita back in his starting role at LB, which helped.

This week's game is the game to worry about. It will be very easy for the team to overlook the Bucs with the Pats game looming on the horizon. The coaches will stress one game at a time, don't look past this Sunday, stay focused on the Bucs. But it is only human nature for the players to look one week into the future at the upcoming game against the Patriots, as a game that can be a measuring stick of how good the Saints really are this year and maybe an indicator of how far they may possibly be able to go in the playoffs. A second consecutive road game with a "dynasty" team due up the following week, could allow the Saints to fall into the same trap that Green Bay fell into at Tampa! I'm sure that Sean Payton will mention the Packers loss at Tampa until the Saints are tired of hearing about it, but I'm not sure if they will heed his warning.

Who dat????? Geaux Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 skoochie
Msg: 148
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/17/2009 1:56:46 PM
Yay 9-0. The Saints are off to their best start ever. Sunday's game was scary toward the end there. Can't believe the Saints kept them in the game. Brees needs to work on lowering those interceptions. Maybe he doesn't need to go for the big play so often. But, that's the way he plays, and I can't b!tch about the way he's winning.
 dennyden
Msg: 149
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/17/2009 4:54:01 PM
iam not a saints fan ( go colts) but i have tickets to see them this weekend against the bucs, i have to admit that iam excited about getting to see them play.
 petebelongs
Msg: 150
view profile
History
New Orleans Saints
Posted: 11/19/2009 9:54:35 AM

METAIRIE, La. (AP)—Hobbled and disenchanted, Chris McAlister(notes) wasn’t sure he wanted to play in the NFL any more.

Suddenly, the 10-year veteran cornerback has been snapped up by the New Orleans Saints—one of only two remaining unbeaten teams in the NFL—and he’s glad to be back in pads again.

“Earlier in the offseason I wasn’t ready or (didn’t) have the mindset to come back and play football,” McAlister said Wednesday, his first day with the club. “For it to take as long as it did, I’m happy it happened before I had no other opportunity.”

ADVERTISEMENT

At 32, McAlister was bitter about being cut by Baltimore, the only team for which he’d played during a highlight-filled career that included three Pro Bowl invitations, a victory in the 2001 Super Bowl and a famous 107-yard touchdown return of a missed field goal.

“He’s a veteran player that understands defense and is someone that we think can come in and help us,” Saints coach Sean Payton said. “He worked out yesterday and did a good job.”

McAlister injured the posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in the middle of the 2007 season, but tried to play through it. He wound up playing in only eight games two seasons ago and six games last season before having season-ending surgery last November.

In February, while undergoing rehab, he was released by the Ravens. In June, he needed arthroscopic surgery to clean up debris in the same knee and he remained unsure about whether he wanted to attempt a comeback until the preseason rolled around.

“It was a bitter divorce in Baltimore, the way I was no longer a part of the club and for my first time in 10 years, didn’t have any place to call home,” McAlister said. “The offseason took on a new life for me. There was a transition period for me to figure out exactly if I’m going to come back and play football or am I not.

“The first preseason game started and I got butterflies like I was supposed to be coming out of a locker room somewhere,” McAlister said. “I knew I was supposed to be somewhere else instead of on my couch.”

Payton said the Saints are trying to get McAlister ready to play this Sunday, though it’s unclear how much they’ll need him. New Orleans knows it will be without starting cornerback Tracy Porter(notes), who badly sprained his left knee last weekend against St. Louis.

The other starting cornerback, Jabari Greer(notes), said his pulled left groin is feeling better and that he may return, though he missed Wednesday’s practice. New Orleans’ remaining healthy cornerbacks are rookie Malcolm Jenkins(notes), Randall Gay(notes) and Leigh Torrence(notes).

McAlister has not played in more than a year. His last game was on Oct. 19th of last season. He remained on the active roster three more weeks before finally deciding to have surgery.

McAlister said he expects to catch on to the Saints’ scheme quickly, given that defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, like former Baltimore coordinator Rex Ryan, were both disciples of Ryan’s father, Buddy Ryan.

“They do the same thing,” McAlister said. “There’s just terminology difference.”

Saints safety Darren Sharper(notes) was noticeably pleased by the acquisition of McAlister, who played with Sharper’s brother, Jamie, in Baltimore.

“He’s a guy that’s going to be an experienced player, who has played in this league and has been a top, elite player in this league for many years,” Sharper said. “He fits our system perfectly.”

McAlister said his body feels about as good as it has in several years, noting that he passed physicals before and after his workout with New Orleans.

“It’s unfortunate, but fortunately I’ve been out almost a whole season with last year playing six games, the year before played eight games. And it’s like my body is fresher,” McAlister said. “Everything besides my knee is 100 percent fresh. I feel like I’ve still got a lot of bounce in my legs, and covering and doing my drills today I feel good.”

NOTES: Free safety Darren Sharper practiced on limited basis and said he also could return from the sore left knee that sidelined him last weekend. … Payton rested Reggie Bush(notes) and David Thomas(notes), who both had sore knees. … Starting defensive tackle Sedrick Ellis(notes) returned to practice for the first time in three weeks. He was limited but hopeful of returning in the next week or so. … The Saints waived reserve quarterback Chase Daniel(notes) to make room for McAlister, but could re-sign him to the practice squad or to the regular roster if another spot opens up later.

Wow, we picked up a healthy and ready to play Chris McAlister to fill in for Tracy Porter!!! What a great job to add a former pro-bowler to the roster!

Geaux Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > New Orleans Saints