Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Flowers on the first date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 undercover blonde
Msg: 51
Flowers on the first date?Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
OK, new opinion on this one. Maybe not new, but revised? I had a gentleman the other night bring me a small potted plant when we met for the 1st time. I melted! That was such a sweet thing to do!
 Glitter Girl
Msg: 52
Flowers on the first date?
Posted: 7/4/2005 10:15:59 AM
You know I have rec'd flowers on a second date or later, never on a first, but that would definately leave a great impression with me. He thought enough of me to buy me a flower.

Yes, does this man have a brother....lol kidding!
 blazin_penguin
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/4/2005 1:13:32 PM
well, there was one thing I did a while ago.... wasn't for dating, I have no idea why I really did it... but everyone I've talked to thought it was really sweet.

During my various outings to where ever, I quite frequently walk by a flower store. and quite often, one of the girls who works there smiled at me almost every time.

So one day, I walked in when she was working, baught a white carnation, and after she insisted on making it look very nice, I paid for it, sand "and one more thing, this is for you" gave her the flower and walked out.

It was actually rather fun.

I think I was pretty safe in assuming she liked flowers, I mean she DID work in a flower store. ;-)
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2005 8:16:26 AM
NICE one....

A small gesture that she will probably remember for the rest of her life.

Very stylish !
 curiousnortherncpl
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2005 1:12:56 PM
Something that might relieve the dragging-dead-vegetation-around-all-afternoon syndrome:

Try getting a pack of metal hair clips. Get the florist to wrap a delicate spray around the clip. This way, you can either watch your date put flowers in her hair...
OR YOU CAN DO IT FOR HER!!!!

(this involves putting your arms around her, stroking her hair, complimenting her on her hair...)

D***, I'd be stoked if some guy did that for me!!!

Just watch for the aphids...
 FirmBear8
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/24/2005 6:56:05 PM
Well flowers on a first date is one thing I always do .
But yes I do chat with the lady and try to find out if she likes recieving flowers first and then I ask what ones she likes the most .
But yes flowers first date and yeah every date afterwards too !
Sure cut flowers die but theres always more new fresh ones .Some say flowers are a waste of money too! But to me it is just a way of saying the lady is a beautifull as the lovely flowers I bring to her .
Yep just a hopeless loving romantic sole here and to me giving a lady flowers means nothing more then she is loved by me !!
 mcbobly
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2005 8:19:17 PM
I like to surprise my date with a single rose because I just think it's a nice gesture on my part and lets her know that I have been thinking about her.
 kicknIT2
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/24/2005 9:33:57 PM
4 me

Flowers die and if someone wanted to make a good impression the first time with me then:

NO FLOWERS or candy

what will get MY attention is:

after a few times of chatting or whatever he brings me someting that im really interested in.
then i know he was really listening and interested and cared enough to pay attention.

Plus the lings i like are silly and off the wall so even a really cheap crazy item will be wonderful

BUT NO FLOWERS
 Skyking
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/24/2005 9:58:04 PM
Flowers on the first "date" yes, but not at the first meeting. There is enough stress at the first meeting without adding the stess of gifts...........
 techgirl27
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2005 10:07:42 PM
I think a single flower can be nice IF they thought things went well. I dont want a flower just coz I'm a woman that gave them the time of day. I also think a rose is an overstatement so just about any other flower would be nice. Carnations are real nice.
 wishiknew
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/26/2006 8:24:12 PM
Why is it assumed that men should bring the flowers, I'd like to get flowers. Have any of you ladies ever brought flowers for a man?
 princess-b
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/27/2006 11:36:12 AM
i find a single flower creepy for some reason - maybe cause you throw one flower into a grave - no idea - just creeps me out....but bring me a bunch - that doesn't bother me at all!
 SaggyPancakes
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/27/2006 12:45:41 PM
Flowers on a first date would be appreciated by me
 Ardent
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:07:04 PM
I would find out if she likes flowers first. Not every woman might appreciate that gesture.
 princess-b
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:10:30 PM
9 times out of ten the woman would - at least for the gesture...
 SRV4ever
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/27/2006 2:59:31 PM
After coming out of my shock, I would be most appreciative ! Where is this man?
 Love to Cruise
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2006 3:13:28 PM
Never had it happen. I would be pleasantly surprised.
 Moon Unit
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/27/2006 3:45:09 PM
First date? Single rose? Cliche!!!!

If I'm super stoked to go out with her, and we've been talking on the phone/msn for a while, and it's not the first meeting, I might bring a little gift... something representative of an inside joke, or related to something she likes.

My personal favourite was this girl that I'd had a huge crush on for years and years, when we finally got around to going for dinner, I brought a paperback of my favourite book (which she said she'd never read), and a can of orange Crush. Smooooooth!

Second best was a frying pan and spatula... the result of a running inside joke that we'd had at work... (so she could cook me breakfast in the morning).

If you're going to bring a gift, bring something small, with thought & originality.

Save the flowers for some time when she least expects it. ;)
 JustReal
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/27/2006 3:51:09 PM
hell ya..they do not have to be roses.. the man that puts some thought and effort into it..all the better!
 torentrap
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/27/2006 7:46:21 PM
I think it would be very sweet
 crusinalg
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/4/2006 11:29:30 AM
I've been knowen to bring a man a flower on the first date. Why should women be the only one who enjoys this?
And yes it usally the same thing.. "jeezes this has never happened to me before".
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2006 4:13:00 PM
I don't know anymore...

Some women like them, and some women don't - and they don't wear signs telling you which side they are on.

Grrrrrrrrrr.................

I used to do it all the time, until I read some posts here about women that said they didn't like it - which frankly surprised me.
 puppyluv123
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/4/2006 4:49:30 PM
I think its a sweet gesture. I have to think there are more women that would like it than would not.

I met a guy once, from a dating site, and on our first meeting he brought me a bunch of flowers. I thought it was the nicest thing since we had never actually met before.
 Sessieloubob
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/4/2006 5:14:20 PM
I've had many "coffee meetings" ......... and I can remember each and everyone that has given me a single rose or flowers .......... I also thought it was a nice guesture ....... and very nice memories...........
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2006 5:22:08 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrr......................

Must....not.....be....confused.....any...more......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Flowers on the first date?