Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Can you go from friends to lovers and then back to friends??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pedro!
Msg: 51
Can you go from friends to lovers and then back to friends??Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Yes, I have done on a few occasions. In most cases we went from being friends for some time before being in a relationship. In fact I'm friends with all of my exes. Sometimes there's a period after break up when we don't see each other but that's not usually that long. Having said that I can't recall ever having a really ugly break up either. Maybe owing to the fact that I've always had my own place to live and (except for on one occasion) never lived with my partner, breaking up has been much easier than it might otherwise have been. That one time we did live together it drove me nuts; we got our space again and all was good.
 missmilly1970
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Can you go from friends to lovers and then back to friends??
Posted: 11/26/2008 5:23:33 AM
NO!!! Never.

Sex changes everything!
Lover/Friend
Boyfriend/Girlfriend

I expect things from my lover, I don't expect from a friend.

1st well..................SEX!

Once you cross that line.......... "Hi, I've seen you naked."
 1NSATIABLE
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/21/2009 4:18:00 AM
thanks for deleting my thread...
i knew this 1 was about somewhere
looks like i answered my own question ......:)
& now i get to review others comments!
 Mainey
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/21/2009 5:32:24 AM
Depends on the circumstances I think. If you are good enough friends and respect one another then yes.
 ~luvUlongtime~
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/21/2009 6:39:12 AM
This is an interesting old thread... hmmmm...

Of the friends I have that are ex-boyfriends it's taken years to get to a level of comfort where we are real friends and there's not all this tension between us. It can happen, but I think it's probably rare. It takes so much work.

Maybe it depends if the person you wish to remain friends with is worth going through a mountain of stress, unspoken feelings and mixed emotions for. Some people are just that great you want them in your lives and they are worth putting your ego aside for. Also, it depends on whether the object of your 'ex-affection' is hurt by being around you. If I can see it hurts a someone to be around me, I will cut off contact for their own good.

Unless I hate them, in which case I will rub my new found happy-without-them-ness in their face.
 pedro!
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/24/2009 3:56:12 AM
Friends-lovers-friends...the history of my life!
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/24/2009 6:06:33 AM
I have been friends with a guy, then lovers, then friends, then lovers again. Now we are friends again.
He phones me from New Zealand telling me he misses me. I see it as a 'friends' thing. Twas I who made the break from him on both occassions, yet we still remain good friends.
 damsalindistress
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/5/2009 3:31:19 AM
Friends to Lovers and then friends only again? Of course this is possible if those involved are adults about the situation. I have two male friends that I keep in touch with that have filled a void that needed to be filled at a point in time. One has since found an amazing women that makes him happy, they other is interested in someone, but is playing it cool. I have no problem with them seeing other women and being their friend, there was no true emotional connection what happened happened, the rest is history. But oh what fun it was.
 Somethingfunny1
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/5/2009 6:06:51 AM
have done a few times . . . ..you always need to tread carefully to start but you definitely shouldt do lovers the second time around. Take the friendship and make the best of it

CJ
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/7/2011 12:30:14 AM
I have had a couple of relationships with male friends that moved from friendship to lovers to friendship again. Unfortunately one friend died a few years ago and my heart still aches for him. The relationship with the other friend remains a sweet and lovely one. So, yes, friends can be lovers and then friends again.
 missvanbombshell
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/15/2011 7:43:47 PM
I'm sort of in that situation atm.

My best friend and I started sleeping together the night we met, we have been inseparable since, the only problem is that the sex is too good to give up so we're struggling to let it go and purely be friends. Though in our case it's harder since feelings have developed as well.

I have had instances where it has worked though :)
 The_Grey_Fringe
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/15/2011 3:57:04 AM
I don't think it's possible Hilly. If you had the urge to be lovers before in the right or wrong circumstances it could happen again!! Not good if you are now with someone else. Not saying that people can't control themselves but it does happen!!
 crustyold
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/8/2012 6:17:12 AM
no, does not work.................
 Julietsdestiny
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/9/2012 8:43:39 AM
Yes I had a friend who became my lover then back to friends then my lover and now we have just been friends for the past five years.
 henkscoffee
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/9/2012 7:44:45 PM
if its just sex its easy to stay just as friends but if one of you have any emotions involved and they drive their own adgenda the friendship is surely doomed, heyyy more than one flavour of icecream lol
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Can you go from friends to lovers and then back to friends??