Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Women That Falsely Accuse Men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Light Storm
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Women That Falsely Accuse MenPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

This is what is dangerous about Crying Wolf and falsely Accusing Innocent people. You endanger your credibility with the public and police. First of all, when someone is proven to have made false accusations, the police should automatically charge them and if convicted, they should serve as much time in prison as someone that was convicted of assault. But It seems to me that the police don't wanna look like they messed up so they will never admit it. The False Accuser gets away without paying a penny. This makes it easy for false Accusers to Falsely accuse people.

Brilliant idea... submit it to someone!
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Women That Falsely Accuse Men
Posted: 11/17/2008 3:17:57 AM

And what happens to that same women if the next guy she goes for does scratch, abuse and brutalize her.

Yeah. Just goes to prove that while the men they're falsely accusations are definitely being hurt, these women then open themselves up to being written off if, down the line they ARE actually assaulted.

Not as if any other reasons are required to NOT LIE about these things, but there's another reason anyway.

I can't speak about other jurisdictions but around here each new charge is accepted at face value even when the officer present knows it is a regular scam. In this province (this town actually) there was a woman KNOW TO POLICE for regularly picking up guys (usually out of towners) and having consensual sex then demanding money, "Or I'll file rape charges".... The kicker the cops HAD to file charges because this time MAYBE she was telling the truth.
Sure maybe the guy will get off in court but that does not address the damage done to his reputation, compensate legal fees from a bogus claim, or address the fact that this womans propensity for such behaviour is not even legally admissible in court as part of a defense.
It gets even stickier when you try to balance the needs of real rape victims with the needs of those falsely accused and their needs to a proper defense and punishment of the accusor for mischief at the very least if not civil damages.
 sassyandsarcastic
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/19/2008 11:32:39 AM
i know a guy,,a predator,,because that is exactly what he is,,who makes it his mission to hurt,decieve and lie to as many women as he can and he is VERY good at it.He uses intimidation and blackmail to keep these women on a string.He has been reported to the police on several occassions .He is a sociopath and most women are afraid to report his abuses.He has several women on the go at once..but comes off as very sweet and sincere..almost believable....He preys on vulnerable women and hes here on POF.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/19/2008 3:26:15 PM

I can't speak about other jurisdictions but around here each new charge is accepted at face value even when the officer present knows it is a regular scam.

I couldn't say for sure without researching it, but I can't imagine it's all that different from Ontario to Quebec.

Sure maybe the guy will get off in court but that does not address the damage done to his reputation, compensate legal fees from a bogus claim, or address the fact that this womans propensity for such behaviour is not even legally admissible in court as part of a defense.

I'm not too sure why there wouldn't be safeguards applicable or fines (or worse) to women who are found to be making false claims. I understand the need to check out any claim, I suppose, but once found to be lying/extorting using a rape claim.. I don't know why punishments.. harsh ones.. are not doled out. Or are they?

Can a guy not sue a woman who does this to him? I think I saw someone suggest that pages back.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:59:31 PM

I'm not too sure why there wouldn't be safeguards applicable or fines (or worse) to women who are found to be making false claims. I understand the need to check out any claim, I suppose, but once found to be lying/extorting using a rape claim.. I don't know why punishments.. harsh ones.. are not doled out. Or are they?

This has been suggested in the past and vehemently opposed by the National Action Committee on the Status of Women on the grounds that it might prevent actual victims from pressing charges.

Can a guy not sue a woman who does this to him? I think I saw someone suggest that pages back.

It would have to be a civil suit, and personally I've never heard of it being done here. That said I can't see any reason why it couldn't be done, unless there is some statute preventing this.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/23/2008 9:19:00 PM

This has been suggested in the past and vehemently opposed by the National Action Committee on the Status of Women on the grounds that it might prevent actual victims from pressing charges.

I am just responding now because I took that long to wrap my head around how punishing liars stops real victims from reporting rapes. I still don't get it.
 Christine2008
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/23/2008 9:40:54 PM
Women that falsley accuse men should get thier *sses kicked. That is sooo messed up.
There are so many women that really have been abused and when people do crap like this it makes it harder for them because they become less believable.
 fabric25
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/24/2008 3:01:24 PM
Women that accuse men should be handed down a prison sentence. Thats a serious accusation to make against anyone, that could have serious consequences for the accused. A lengthy spell in prison may make them think twice about crying wolf.
 thickncute1
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/27/2008 2:31:47 PM
It isn't the police officers who hand judgment. They are merely going on the evidence and reports and proof on hand. If ladyfriend shows up with bruises and markings and such..they are going to react and seek out the "suspect", they are only going on what they see and the information given at hand. They have to protect the public. They are doing their job. Then...a case is built and goes to trial. This is where are the details are dealt with accordingly and determination is made as to whether it is false report or not. It's unfortunate that this happened but it is an isolated case. The jailhouses are not "full" of innocent men. If buddy is having a rough time being alone with women..then he clearly isn't over his ordeal. It must have been rough for him. Perhaps some therapy or counseling will do him good to put his life back on track and to deal with hardships so he may have more trust in himself and not fear being alone with women.
 quietjohn2
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 3:39:32 PM

It isn't the police officers who hand judgment
Actually, it is. They are the ones who collect and present the evidence. They choose what to note and what to ignore. Then they make recommendations to the judge. Jail or bail. How much bail. Bail conditions - like the accused must not return to his home because it is near to his accuser.

jailhouses are not "full" of innocent men
Maybe true, but by the time that decision has been made, the guy's name has been in the paper so everyone in his town treats him like a criminal. He may be forced to life away from home until the trial - so he can't work and has to pay for 2 places to live. But there is no comeback for his loss of income, life etc. if he is found innocent.
After researching this a little, I located 3 women in jail for falsely accusing men of rape. I also came to the conclusion that the low percentage of convictions for rape (around 5%, with 90% not even taken to trial?) may not be an indication of a failure of the justice system so much as an indication of the number of women who make false accusations.
 Street King
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/12/2009 6:48:07 AM
Most of the cases accusing men of beating/raping a woman are false. This has been noted by the military. In order to literally stop being accused by psycho women is to be more selective in whom you date and get in a relationship with. Another thing is NEVER EVER sleep with a woman or get sexually intimate with her. Because she can always say you raped her or have you paying child support forever. As men we need to be very selective with the women we associate with even on a casual level. Intimacy shouldn't even be a thought unless she has proven to be marriage material. And emotional/physical intimacy with a woman should be totally off limits until married that way you can weed them out. Other wise we're asking for women to falsely accuse us of things we didn't do.
 NoBushLover
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 8:00:39 AM

I'm not trying to be flip here, but how exactly does one protect themselves? If someone wants to be vengeful and screw with you in such a way, how do you avoid that?

Simple

Don't screw every woman who is willing to spread her legs for you. Try to get to know someone before you get involved with them.
 Byrd
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 8:54:29 AM
I didn't read this whole thread and I'm NOT A lawyer but it sounds like if this fella was proved to be innocent he has a hell of a case..If it was me I'd sue the sh*t out of everyone, my employers, the police for false arrest and false inprisionment, the media, but personally I don't have sex with someone unless I get to know them first..I was accused of getting a gal pregant once and I'm sterile so I had to submit a sample of my sperm to get out of that tangled web..I didn't sue but I was pretty pissed off about the whole thing..
 driven2think
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 9:20:51 AM
It is awful what happens to the men falsely accused by women.

It's really bad in the workplace, too. If a man is accused of harrassment in a non-unionized workplace he can pretty much kiss his job goodbye. Proof is irrelevant. Companies are interested in their products & maximizing profits & not whether someone actually harrassed another person. Companies are interested in protecting their legal & financial interests and not the rights of an accuser or accused. If it's in the interests( and it often is) to fire an innocent person they will in a heartbeat.

Legal action for being wrongfully terminated you say? This is Canada. In the USA you could be awarded millions if you can prove you've been wronged but in canada you're owed one weeks pay per year of service in lieu of notice. A judge may award you one months pay per year of service so if you worked 8 years for a company & made 80K per year you might get $50,000 even though over the course of your working life losing that job may cost you over a million dollars in lost earnings.. There is no strong incentive(penalty) for companies to be certain they are firing a deserving person.

It is so bad nowadays that many men in management will not have private meetings with women because they know if she accuses him of improper conduct - he is truly screwed!

Some people will say something along the lines of: 'Well, I saw "Joe" sexually harrassing Sue & he was fired/disciplined so the system does work.'

Well, what they fail to understand is that he would have been disciplined no matter what even if he was innocent. Why? A company has to be able to demonstrate(to cover their legal butt) they have severely handled the complaint.

The system has now gone to far the other way in favour of women. I talked to an employment attorney once who told me this story: A husband & wife were walking down a street in their neighbourhood when they got into an argument which led to the WIFE punching her husband in the mouth. A neighbour called the cops on them; came to their house and arrested the HUSBAND! Why? Because this is standard police procedure!

For the people who think that many innocent men don't get fired for harrassment - they need to go and talk to an attorney who specializes in employment law. This happens all the time. So don't persecute, gossip about & judge someone who has been fired for this unless you know the facts. In other words: shut your mouth!
 NoBushLover
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 2:02:25 PM

If a man is accused of harrassment in a non-unionized workplace he can pretty much kiss his job goodbye

You mean like Michael Bloomberg?

It is so bad nowadays that many men in management will not have private meetings with women

You just made that up. Name one of these mythical managers

Legal action for being wrongfully terminated you say? This is Canada

I see. You're in Canada, and you're going to tell us the managers in

Some people will say something along the lines of: 'Well, I saw "Joe" sexually harrassing Sue & he was fired/disciplined so the system does work.'

"Some say"?? Is that code for "I just like to make crap up"?

For the people who think that many innocent men don't get fired for harrassment - they need to go and talk to an attorney who specializes in employment law. This happens all the time.

It happens hardly ever. For more common is a woman being harrassed and nothing is done about it. You're just blowing smoke out of your rear end. Stop making stuff up.
 MissSweetie4u
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/12/2009 3:08:41 PM
The OP is making an unfair generalization of women. Some women do cry wolf as do some men, but there are women and men out there who have been violated by a partner and abused within a relationship or marriage. I am a domestic abuse survivor and it burns me up when men point the finger and assume that all abused women are liars. My ex was held accountable in a court of law and served time. His punishment was acceptable in my eyes. What happened to me made me stronger and cemented my values, beliefs, and morals making them deeper than every. It also enabled me to develop standards regarding myself, future relationships, and men. The OP states that the police always take the woman's side which is a lie and laughable. If women who are abused want justice they have to fight tooth and nail to get it because the innocent female victim is immediately blamed and that's why a lot of women will not come forward and ensure the male perp is prosecuted, thus he gets away with being a monster. The OP needs to get his information straight.
 southernlass
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/12/2009 6:23:18 PM
Unfortunately, OP, it would seem that one bad apple spoils the whole bunch. There are plenty of men who rape, murder, and worse. There are men who put date-rape drugs in a lady's drink. These psychos make it mandatory that each situation be approached on a case by case basis. Each case should be thoroughly investigated without bias. This is the world we live in and there are far too many sickos out here to take any chances with giving anyone a pass, regardless if there are those who take advantage of it for their own sick gain or because they have a mental illness.
 driven2think
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:12:38 AM
nobushlover said:
It happens hardly ever. For more common is a woman being harrassed and nothing is done about it. You're just blowing smoke out of your rear end. Stop making stuff up.

You have zero idea what you talking about. None. Truly none. It's interesting that you are expressing your opinion as "fact" and want to come across as being so certain of what you are saying & yet you have no idea what you are talking about! Go talk to an attorney who specializes in employment law.

It is true that some women do get harrassed but it is also true that innocent men get accused of this by women & are fired for it.

You mean like Michael Bloomberg?

He is a man with tremendous power, wealth & influence. The little guy just gets fired. The rich powerful guy with powerful influential friends is given more rope in many cases as in anything.

"Some say"?? Is that code for "I just like to make crap up"?

I truly wish I was only making this up. Go talk to a lawyer who specializes in employment law.

You just made that up. Name one of these mythical managers

I cannot give names & you know that, to protect privacy of all concerned - but it is procedure for many in management in large corporations to not have priviate meetings with women. Deal with it.

Here is the problem for the corporation; a business who wants to protect its financial & legal interests & public image: Let's say a woman wrongfully accuses a man of harrassing her. 1) The company has a legal obligation to take all accusations of harrassment seriously & to appropriately deal with them. Many companies now have what is commonly called a "zero-tolerance policy" towards harrassment. Corporations are very heavily fined if they don't "deal with" the issue. The company often cannot find out the truth because it's "he said-she said" so they make the decision that is in their best legal and financial interests & not the woman or the man. In Ontario, a company can discipline someone any way they like as it's considered "internal discipline" and in order to be able to demonstrate to a court of law if need be - the man is given corrective action up to & including termination. To be fair, the guy may not lose his job after one complaint - and I do stress "may not" - but if the woman makes another fallacious complaint the guy is toast.

2) What if the woman goes off work & claims she cannot eat, sleep, is scared to come to work & makes claims that the company is not protecting her? What if she gets a lawyer and sues the company?? She can sue the company for hefty damages. Again: If they don't give the man corrective action the company cannot legally prove in a court of law they have "appropriately" dealt with the incident and protected their interests.

For some reason there are some in society who want to believe the myth that if you are fired for harrassment then you were 100% guilty. Maybe they need to believe this so they can sleep well at night.

The fact is that companies who are in the business of making money are going to do what's in their best interests & that is the bottom line.
 darktranquility2526
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:32:13 AM

She knew he was gonna leave her so she falsely accused him of sexual assault because she wanted to spite him.

A woman or anybody for that matter that falsely accuses someone with rape is almost as bad as a rapist themselves. That guys life will always be marked with that accusation, and that's terrible. And this is about the only instance that i can think of that i would condone violence on women....I hope he beat the sh!t out of her....Stupid b!tch
 NoBushLover
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:40:41 AM

You have zero idea what you talking about. None. Truly none. It's interesting that you are expressing your opinion as "fact" and want to come across as being so certain of what you are saying & yet you have no idea what you are talking about! Go talk to an attorney who specializes in employment law.

He is a man with tremendous power, wealth & influence. The little guy just gets fired. The rich powerful guy with powerful influential friends is given more rope in many cases as in anything.

I see. In your fantasy world, the secretary has tremendous power, wealth and influence, and the boss who is harassing her is powerless.

I truly wish I was only making this up. Go talk to a lawyer who specializes in employment law.

I worked for the largest non-profit law office in the nation for 12 years. I know hundreds of attys, and several dozen of them are employment attys. They are all laughing at you.

cannot give names & you know that, to protect privacy of all concerned

Translation - you don't want everyone to know you made it up

Here is the problem for the corporation; a business who wants to protect its financial & legal interests & public image: Let's say a woman wrongfully accuses a man of harrassing her. 1) The company has a legal obligation to take all accusations of harrassment seriously & to appropriately deal with them. Many companies now have what is commonly called a "zero-tolerance policy" towards harrassment.

What a load of crap you posted. I bet you can't name one corporation with a "zero tolerance" policy towards harrasment.

Corporations are very heavily fined if they don't "deal with" the issue.

Name one company that has been heavily fined.

The company often cannot find out the truth because it's "he said-she said" so they make the decision that is in their best legal and financial interests & not the woman or the man.

Umm, you seem to be ignorant about how lawsuits worth. If it's a case of "he said, she said", the plaintiff loses. You do realize, that in both Canada and the US, a plaintiff in a civil suit must prove their case, don't you?

IOW, any company that does anything about a "he said, she said" case is a company that is run by morons.

In Ontario, a company can discipline someone any way they like as it's considered "internal discipline" and in order to be able to demonstrate to a court of law if need be - the man is given corrective action up to & including termination. To be fair, the guy may not lose his job after one complaint - and I do stress "may not" - but if the woman makes another fallacious complaint the guy is toast.

More madeup fantasy. The cold must be getting to you

If a company disciplines a man based solely on unproven accusations, they are opening themselves up to a civil suit for sexually discriminating against the man.

So instead of making stuff up, why don't you post something you can backup with some supporting evidence?

You can't name one of these mythical males who are innocent and have been disciplined. You can't name one corp with a zero tolerance policy. You've got nothing but your made up stories

2) What if the woman goes off work & claims she cannot eat, sleep, is scared to come to work & makes claims that the company is not protecting her? What if she gets a lawyer and sues the company?? She can sue the company for hefty damages. Again: If they don't give the man corrective action the company cannot legally prove in a court of law they have "appropriately" dealt with the incident and protected their interests.

And another fantasty. Can you show that this have ever happened anywhere?

Corporations don't have discipline anyone in response to a false accusation. You're just making stuff up again

For some reason there are some in society who want to believe the myth that if you are fired for harrassment then you were 100% guilty. Maybe they need to believe this so they can sleep well at night.

The fact is that companies who are in the business of making money are going to do what's in their best interests & that is the bottom line.

For some reason, you want to believe the myth that people are being fired for no reason when even you admit that you don't know the whole story. After all, if it's "he said, she said" (as you ahve repeatedly claimed they are) then how do YOU know the man is innocent?

I guess you need to believe this so you can sleep at night.
 Jackie78
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/13/2009 9:14:16 AM

Most of the cases accusing men of beating/raping a woman are false. This has been noted by the military.

I'm not sure where you got this information, but maybe you would like to read this article from last year on CNN? The one where the GAO conducted a study and concluded that more rapes were being perpetrated against women military members by other members of the military than were even being reported - and one VA hospital in LA said that 41% of the women veterans at their hospital reported being raped while serving in the military.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/31/military.sexabuse/index.html

*Knowingly* and *maliciously* making a false accusation of rape or sexual harrassment against another person is WRONG. However, people's attitudes as to who to blame need to change. You blame the person who brought that false accusation, not their gender, race, nationality or whatever other group. Until such evidence comes to light that it is a systemic problem that pervades a particular group - you blame the individual who committed the action.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/13/2009 9:24:56 AM
As a woman, I can tell you I have had MANY MANY meetings with one man, or many men and no other women, in attendance. So I call BS on that assertion.

As a woman, I can tell you many, many men have gotten away with inappropriate behavior (sexualized speech, for example) with impunity, even though it is, technically, against the law. Most women just say "Joe is a f*cking jerk" and get on with their jobs. I have NEVER EVER been in a place of employment where a woman has even FILED a sexual harrassment suit, much less had a guy FIRED over it (justly or injustly).

As a woman, I can say that were women falsely accusing men as rampant as some men like to portray it, all of us would have known of at least one case, personally. It is very rare, and it DOES suck when it happens, and it DOES diminish real victims' voices.

But you DO know that DAs RARELY want to prosecute rapes, right? Simply because it costs a lot of money, takes a lot of time, and the defense always tries to get one man on the jury who thinks that this woman "probably" is making it up, so the cases are really hard to win.

From UK--http://feministing.com/archives/008164.html:
In 1977, 33% of reported rapes ended in conviction. By 2005, that percentage had dropped to 5.4%.
 NoBushLover
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 10:14:50 AM
^^Facts have no effect on the oblivious and the hateful. She actually thinks she knows of many "he said, she said" cases, and she KNOWS (even though that's impossible) that it was a false accusation.

She SAYS she won't post names to protect their privacy, but civil suits are public record. There's no "privacy" to protect when a woman makes her accusations public, which she must have or else how would she know about these cases?
 driven2think
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 5:51:06 AM
Nobushlover: The point you are overlooking is that you are speaking from an American perspective. I am talking about Canada! The laws & standards are different.

I don't know for sure but Iwouldn't doubt companies in the states are more careful about being sure they are firing someone guilty because they can be sued for millions[lost wages, pain, suffering etc) if it can be demonstrated they wrongfully terminated someone. In Canada they get sweet fack all.

You are still wrong & I don't believe you know anything about the work employment law specialists do. They all have endless stories of people who were thrown out of work because of false accusations. The accused loses his job because ultimately it costs less to the company & it gets rid of the issue inside the workplace. Period.

Many companies in Canada have what is called a zero-tolerance policy towards harrassment.

Oh and to make it even better: When you are accused of harrassing someone in a non-unionized workplace, the accused has NO right to know WHO accused him; WHEN it happened; WHERE it happened; WHAT specifically you are accused of doing & whether there were any witnesses! A non-union company in Ontario has NO obligation to give you this information!

So go ahead & defend yourself when you have no idea what you've specifically been accused of doing wrong to someone! It's like I fly you to a New Mexico factory, put you in a room & proceed to tell you that someone has made a serious allegation against you. Now defend yourself! Tell them you are innocent & that you didn't do it. Save your breath because you are going to be disciplined because the company has this compelling statement given by an upset woman that they must address with "Zero-tolerance."
 funky_phantom
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/14/2009 6:39:27 AM
Yaawwnnn...
So this "psycho" just out the blue says she's going call the police and set him up?
And he had NO clue that she was like this?

Bravo-Sierra, as we used to say in the military.

They do rape kits at hospitals...
No semen usually means either no rape..or the perp used a rubber.
And if your"friend" wasn't smart enough to get a GOOD attorney and to keep his mouth shut...then he's already more of an idiot than it appeared from earlier.

Somebody is going either tell you that they have done this in the past or would do this in the future.
These things almost NEVER come out of the blue....
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Women That Falsely Accuse Men