Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > A Non-Arrogant American with a Question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HappyLioness
Msg: 25
A Non-Arrogant American with a QuestionPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
As a 'blow in' with American friends living nearby, I have been told you are only allowed to come for as long as your visa states, unless you have Irish relatives or heritage.
My friend has had her friends from the U.S. visit and they find it expensive over here, so bear it in mind. In this financial climate jobs might be a challenge to find. We also have an incredible amount of rain here which is why it is called the Emerald Isle. Bring your umbrella. lol That's the cons.

Personally, I find the Irish living in this neck of the woods extremely hospitable, kind and bearing no grudges whatsoever. I love it here. I healed the cancer in my body in 9 months and written a book in 5. I t is magical down here . I am aware Dublin has its problems which all big cities nowadays seem to have.

You could try coming over as a 'woofer'. You help people do their heavy gardening jobs in return for room and board. A lot of my friends here participate in this scheme, and their 'woofers' enjoy themselves thoroughly. The woofers travel around from job to job.
Hey KarmaSuitsYa, I am originally from Sudbury which is very close to your town. For those of you who are not familiar with it, Colchester is the oldest town in England complete with castle and surrounding wall.
 virgo40
Msg: 26
NOT ATTENTION SEEKING
Posted: 12/30/2008 12:12:47 PM
hi hun come give it a go.....bring urself on a long break first, then decide. i went from ireland to usa for 4.5 years and made lifelong friends .u can do the same ..goodluck x
 ~andrea~
Msg: 27
A Non-Arrogant American with a Question
Posted: 12/30/2008 2:13:37 PM
Im american and I've recently moved to ireland well 7 months ago with my family that consists of my mom dad and 5 brothers and we were all welcomed we were never treated with disrespect.All the Irish people that i have met are lovely i would recommend moving here if thats what you wish!!!
 vedin
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/5/2009 9:21:02 PM
Would I be welcome?
What a strange question. What makes you think that you wouldn’t?
 talkttoomuchpaddy
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/20/2009 8:03:57 PM
Enjoy Ireland. The posts show that many of our people are racist arseholes not everyone is like that. Just tell them to get ****ed and any lip about americia and it may be nice to remind them that it was the first country that paddy was free in. Ireland is famous for negitave begrudgers as well as those lovely light hearted good people. Yin and yang like all places.
 Mischka
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/26/2009 7:45:53 AM
Hi! Like everyone else seems to be saying, go follow your dream and that is what you should do. LIfe as you know is short so go do it. There are people all over the world who don't like anyone and you may come across them but look at the biggger picture. There are millions of nice people out there too. So go follow that dream......you can always go back home if you don't like it.
 Galwegian
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/26/2009 9:02:37 AM
Of course we welcome them....

Unless they're french. I never trusted them and their beady little eyes.
 Naomi-the-cool
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/29/2009 5:41:04 AM
On chanté!! Haw haw haw!! i can zee you, ze gingerre one!! Ooh la la!!
 hippiewytch
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/2/2009 1:18:09 AM
I don't see why anyone would have a problem with Americans moving to Ireland. I'm American,too by the way.:) We are all people and equal for one thing. For another,the Irish people I have known {online but nonetheless} are great. I'm talking to a guy online right now who lives in Ireland. I love Irish guys. lol. Anyway,a lot of Irish people moved to America,too and many of us Americans{including myself from what I have been told} have Irish ancestry,too. Anyway,those are my thoughts. I love Ireland,and will be going there asap. The thought of possibly moving there one day has crossed my mind,too. Good luck! To me too if I ever do move there.:)

Peace,
Michelle
 hippiewytch
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/2/2009 1:24:55 AM
Well I'm not arrogant. lol. There are arrogant people everywhere,though as well as nice people.
 hippiewytch
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/2/2009 1:25:41 AM
Sorry,that was supposed to have been in response to the person asking the op if they were implying that Americans are arrogant.
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > A Non-Arrogant American with a Question