Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > God in a word      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 XHTML
Msg: 76
God in a wordPage 4 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
There are many faiths in this world in which there is at least one god, deity, supreme being, etc. Christianity is only one of them.

From
http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html
(where you can view a pie chart that illustrates nicely the figures below)

Major Religions of the World
Ranked by Number of Adherents
(Sizes shown are approximate estimates, and are here mainly for the purpose of ordering the groups, not providing a definitive number. This list is sociological/statistical in perspective.)

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.5 billion
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
Buddhism: 376 million
primal-indigenous: 300 million
African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
Sikhism: 23 million
Juche: 19 million
Spiritism: 15 million
Judaism: 14 million
Baha'i: 7 million
Jainism: 4.2 million
Shinto: 4 million
Cao Dai: 4 million
Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
Tenrikyo: 2 million
Neo-Paganism: 1 million
Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
Scientology: 500 thousand

You'll find another pie chart with different data at
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/Worldwide_percentage_of_Adherents_by_Religion.png
it being on this page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_religious_groups

where Muslims at 20% are second to Christianity at 33 %

My point is there are many religions, each with its own beliefs or variation of beliefs. The believers of various faiths may argue and defend their beliefs as being the right one, and some even go to battle in the name of religion. However all this effort and bloodshed does not prove there is a god. Lacking tangible proof makes it difficult to determine which description is accurate or appropriate, whether some say god is omniscient, loving, omnipresent, etc.

I conduct and hold myself to high moral standards and do so because of who I am, not because of some edict handed down in religion.

I have several friends who are Christians. If I'm their dinner guest I'll respectfully bow my head and join hands with everyone else as someone says grace and then add my "amen" before we dig in. I don't think any less or any more of my friends because they have a belief in a god, a belief that I don't share. I am confident they have the same feelings for me.

I conclude with the reminder friendships are lost because of disagreements over politics and religion. If we respect each other, even if our beliefs differ, the world will be a better place.
 The PigWig
Msg: 77
view profile
History
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 5:50:47 AM
Some believe that we are genetically wired to have a belief in a higher power. The "God Gene". I have included some info drawn from googling, maybe google it yourself to add to your thoughts.

The way I see it is that because life is so overwhelming in its complexities, some (large numbers actually) need to believe in something way beyond them... some sort of "area of belief" where they can go to get away from what can weigh down on them in this life. The idea of "God" in its many representations can offer some the hope or sanctuary they seek. I will not go on and on about it as it is something highly subjective and we could argue till the cows come home. The coolest thing about us is that our intellect allows for these thoughts, beliefs, debates, and hopefully somewhere within us there is a moral code that allows for others to be themselves in our company without fear or recrimination.

According to this hypothesis, the God gene (VMAT2), is not an encoding for the belief in God itself but a physiological arrangement that produces the sensations associated, by some, with the presence of God or other mystic experiences, or more specifically spirituality as a state of mind. Based on research by psychologist Robert Cloninger, this tendency toward spirituality is quantified by the self-transendence scale, which is composed of three sub-sets: "self-forgetfulness" (as in the tendency to become totally absorbed in some activity, such as reading); "transpersonal identification" (a feeling of connectedness to a larger universe); and "mysticism" (an openness to believe things not literally provable, such as ESP). Put them all together, and you come as close as science can to measuring what it feels like to be spiritual.
 boatswamper
Msg: 78
view profile
History
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 6:46:13 AM
In a word - Fabricated.
God was made by Man, rather than Man was made by God.
 passionandsong
Msg: 79
view profile
History
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 8:10:22 AM
i cant speak for others.i know that god is the answer.that being said,it is not for me to judge others,whatever faith or non-faith they have.when people ask me what it is that helped me become who i am compared to what i was ,i will answer god.that being said i do not feel better or worse than others for it.this is the greatest sin that i have found.we are not the judge of others.or job is simple to help and love all as jesus did.that incluedes those who trespass against us.whether you believe or dont or what you believe,you have to admit that that is a heck of a way to live.

god is love
love is tough,hard,hurtfull joyous,beautifull,tragic,enlightening,complicated...well you get the idea.
 Behindthescenes
Msg: 80
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 9:44:10 AM
I will not enter into the can of worms that has been opened here but I will say to Post # 45....a person can take any passage out of the Bible and turn it into a argument for their own personal use .Its not one verse that speaks for or against something...it is the context in which it was written that you learn the truth .Please do not take one verse out of The whole Bible in order to make yourself look Biblically Knowledgable....it in fact has the opposite affect..it makes you look like a fool.I have a suggestion for you...read the WHOLE BIBLE from start to finish..and if you need any help with the big words or meanings..please ask someone with some sort of authority to explain it you so then you can make a EDUCATED post on this topic. PS. yes I may have mis-spelled some words, but that does not take away from the meaning of them.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 81
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 11:19:40 AM
I have several friends who are Christians. If I'm their dinner guest I'll respectfully bow my head and join hands with everyone else as someone says grace and then add my "amen" before we dig in. I don't think any less or any more of my friends because they have a belief in a god, a belief that I don't share.

Exactly. Respect each others Beliefs, don't label anyone unheathen because they don't want to agree, comply or join. I don't need to be told what my afterlife Lot will be if I don't follow Sets of religious Scriptures and Dogma, nor do I need to convince anyone that their Beliefs are false or incorrect. Most Problems come about because some People feel their "God" gives them the Right to step on the Toes of others.
 PhatFat the WaterRat
Msg: 82
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 11:34:20 AM
I thought it somehow timely that I received this as an email today. It is a tad long winded but interesting with a hmmm kind of twist at the end.

Interesting deduction.

~ God vs. Science ~

'Let me explain the problem science has with religion.' The atheist professor of philosophy pauses before his class and then asks one of his new students to stand.

'You're a Christian, aren't you, son?'

'Yes sir,' the student says.

'So you believe in God?'

'Absolutely.'

'Is God good?'

'Sure! God's good.'

'Is God all-powerful? Can God do anything?'

'Yes.'

'Are you good or evil?'

'The Bible says I'm evil.'

The professor grins knowingly. 'Aha! The Bible!'

He considers for a moment, 'Here's one for you. Let's say there's a sick person over here and you can cure him. You can do it. Would you help him? Would you try?'

'Yes sir, I would.'

'So you're good!'

'I wouldn't say that.'

'But why not say that? You'd help a sick and maimed person if you could. Most of us would if we could. But God doesn't.'

The student does not answer, so the professor continues.

'He doesn't, does he? My brother was a Christian who died of cancer, even though he prayed to Jesus to heal him. How is this Jesus good? Hmmm? Can you answer that one?'

The student remains silent.

'No, you can't, can you?' the professor says. He takes a sip of water from a glass on his desk to give the student time to relax.

'Let's start again, young fella. Is God good?'

'Er...yes,' the student says.

'Is Satan good?'

The student doesn't hesitate on this one, 'No.'

'Then where does Satan come from?'

The student falters, 'From God.'

'That's right. God made Satan, didn't he? Tell me, son. Is there evil in this world?'

'Yes, sir.'

'Evil' s everywhere, isn't it? And God did make everything, correct?'

'Yes.'

'So who created evil?' The professor continued, 'If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and according to the principle that our works define who we are, then God is evil.'

Again, the student has no answer.

'Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things, do they exist in this world?'

The student squirms on his feet. 'Yes.'

'So who created them?'

The student does not answer again, so the professor repeats his question, 'Who created them?'

There is still no answer. Suddenly the lecturer breaks away to pace in front of the classroom. The class is mesmerized.

'Tell me,' he continues onto another student. 'Do you believe in Jesus Christ, son?'

The student's voice betrays him and cracks. 'Yes, professor, I do.'

The old man stops pacing, 'Science says you have five senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Have you ever seen Jesus?'

'No sir. I've never seen Him.'

'Have you ever felt your Jesus, tasted your Jesus or smelt your Jesus? Have you ever had any sensory perception of Jesus Christ, or God for that matter?'

'No, sir, I'm afraid I haven't.'

'Yet you still believe in him?'

'Yes.'

'According to the rules of empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your God doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?'

'Nothing,' the student replies. 'I only have my faith.'

'Yes, faith,' the professor repeats. 'And that is the problem science has with God. There is no evidence, only faith.'

The student stands quietly for a moment, before asking a question of His own. 'Professor, is there such thing as heat?'

'Yes,' the professor replies. 'There's heat.'

'And is there such a thing as cold?'

'Yes, son, there's cold too.'

'No sir, there isn't.'

The professor turns to face the student, obviously interested. The room suddenly becomes very quiet.

The student begins to explain ...

'You can have lots of heat, even more heat, super-heat, mega-heat, unlimited heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat, but we don't have anything called 'cold'. We can hit up to 458 degrees below zero, which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold; otherwise we would be able to go colder than the lowest -458 degrees.'

'Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-458 F) is the total absence of heat. You see, sir, cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat we can measure in thermal units because heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.'

Silence across the room. A pen drops somewhere in the classroom, sounding like a hammer.

'What about darkness, professor. Is there such a thing as darkness?'

'Yes,' the professor replies without hesitation. 'What is night if it isn't darkness?'

'You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is not something; it is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light, but if you have no light constantly you have nothing and it's called darkness, isn't it? That's the meaning we use to define the word. In reality, darkness isn't. If it were, you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?'

The professor begins to smile at the student in front of him. This will be a good semester. 'So what point are you making, young man?'

'Yes, professor. My point is, your philosophical premise is flawed to start with, and so your conclusion must also be flawed.'

The professor's face cannot hide his surprise this time, 'Flawed? Can you explain how?'

'You are working on the premise of duality,' the student explains ...

'You argue that there is life and then there's death; a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can't even explain a thought.'

'It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life, just the absence of it.'

'Now tell me, professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?'

'If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, young man, yes, of course I do.'

'Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?'

The professor begins to shake his head, still smiling, as he realizes where the argument is going. A very good semester, indeed.

'Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavour, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you now not a scientist, but a preacher?'

The class is in uproar. The student remains silent until the commotion has subsided.

'To continue the point you were making earlier to the other student, let me give you an example of what I mean.' The student looks around the room, 'Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the professor's brain?' The class breaks out into laughter.

'Is there anyone here who has ever heard the professor's brain, felt the professor's brain, touched or smelt the professor's brain? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, with all due respect, sir.'

'So if science says you have no brain, how can we trust your lectures, sir?'

Now the room is silent. The professor just stares at the student, his face unreadable. Finally, after what seems an eternity, the old man answers, 'I guess you'll have to take them on faith.'

'Now, you accept that there is faith, and, in fact, faith exists with life,' the student continues, 'Now, sir, is there such a thing as evil?'

Now uncertain, the professor responds, 'Of course, there is. We see it everyday. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.'

To this the student replied, 'Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light.'
The professor sat down.

PS: The student was Albert Einstein.
 XHTML
Msg: 83
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 12:03:48 PM

To this the student replied, 'Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light.'.

While Einstein's argument is indeed a long-winded one it does not prove that good cannot exist without god, which is the premise on which his whole argument is hinged.

Einstein was a genius but not all his opinions are forgive my pun, gospel truth. If one were to search Google for "flaws in einstein" they would be rewarded with numerous links to web pages describing flaws in his theories.
 thismikerocks
Msg: 84
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 12:15:22 PM
Quite the interesting information everyone's bring up here. Bravo.
 Life is Always Good
Msg: 85
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 1:37:14 PM
PhatFat the WaterRat,

Best read on here in a long time. Thank you.
 b2inus2
Msg: 86
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 2:09:04 PM
While Einstein's argument is indeed a long-winded one it does not prove that good cannot exist without god, which is the premise on which his whole argument is hinged.

Perhaps the whole point of our lives is to find out the truth about all this...
If the answer was obvious where would the mystery of life be?

Thanks WaterRat, really enjoyed the read too!

psst! coming to think of it, it seems to me that nothing much can exist without God.
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 87
view profile
History
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 2:43:35 PM

psst! coming to think of it, it seems to me that nothing much can exist without God.

then by definition without dogma your word 'god' really describes the all encompassing universe for in the absence of the universe it is very doubtful there would be life,
now you may argue god created the universe
I would ask you then "who created god?"

It is impossible that the deity created itself unless there already was some form of energy or substance, because we do know that the absences energy equals nothing.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 88
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 3:12:21 PM
'Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God.

The Wonderful World of Black & White Absolutes ...

A Couple Thousands of Years ago People were not educated, certainly knew little of their own language, reading & Writing, Geography, History, Science and what not and would probably not possess any more Knowledge than a 10 Year old Boy. That even the "Best have the Worst in them" would be a Line of Reasoning that would probably never have crossed their Minds.

How do you control Adults who are what would otherwise be considered Savages from our modern Context?

Make up a Story of some powerful unknown Being, which if you failed to obey or heed, will FEDEX you off to some Afterlife of everlasting Pain, creating ample Fear to bring about Compliance & Introversion.

Perhaps that was, at that Time, a good Entrance Point to create a Civilization, since if you can't Reason with them to stop doing stupid Sh*t, at least you can "Scare them Straight".

We have come and gone Way beyond that Point. These antiquated under-pegging Vices are no longer necessary, we have Income Tax now ...

Being far more intelligent & knowlegeable than our distant Cousins of Millennia ago, we have far better Means to research and possibly the actual Ability to find the God(s) we have sought for Thousands of Years. But utilizing "Mind Control" Propaganda of long ago designed for unruly Primitives & Neanderthals, Things have changed, we've come a long Way since.

it seems to me that nothing much can exist without God.

Thank you, thank you for validating me for all I do. Now down on your knees, tell me all the Crap you pulled off on your Mother-in-Law last Week ...

It is impossible that the deity created itself unless there already was some form of energy or substance, because we do know that the absences energy equals nothing.

Here is the Hitch ... I am sure one can create himself, possibly into the State of a Deity. But before this "Deity" even existed, what or who already existed that was doing the "Creating?"

We can talk about Time, and/or Sequences of Occurrence. The Man educated in popular religious Theologies will tell you God was always there, but that omits the Sequences of Actions that may have taken place.

Either some Information is missing, or the God/Creator Theory is invalid.
 Life is Always Good
Msg: 89
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 3:27:14 PM
What came first? The chicken or the egg? Seems we've beaten this one to death. To each his own and have a Merry Christmas. (Of course, can't let that one go without the religious connatation attached).
 thismikerocks
Msg: 90
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 3:34:21 PM
Ticket you almost make me want to cry (sarcasm there) I think it can hardly be claimed that we are more intelligent now then we were back then. Certainly there is far more knowledge about how the world works now then there was thousands of years ago, that much is a given.

Yet because you posses knowledge does not make you a better person nor does it make you a person who can live properly within society. The average American posseses what.. a grade 4 education? At least people thousands of years ago could all farm land, or would have some sort of craft that they could practice at. Now we have people on welfare living off of our taxes. We have people going out and randomly shooting, murdering, raping, pillaging and plundering (okay maybe not the last two) at will. If you were to sit back and actually look at the world in perspective today you would realize that it is on a down hill slope to destruction.

God or no God humanity is in for a rude awakening in the years to come.

If you think about that little diddy involving Albert Enstien as well... at the young age he was back at the time that story was written he most likely had more knowledge of how things work in terms of scientific theory and what not then everyone who has posted on this forum so far. If anything he would have possesd the knowledge to credit or discredit the Lord, instead he took a university professors argument and turned it around on him.

Bottom line belief in God is faith in the fact is that he exists, science can't prove what it cannot grasp. Science is a man made conecpt and well I'm pretty sure all God believing religions agree on one thing and that is man cannot grasp the entirety that is God.

Maybe instead of bashing people and being rude like you have been (I know your trying to keep up an intelligent conversation but there are better ways of saying things then you have been and if you want to have a good and civil conversation then keep clean and don't be a jerk. If you don't want to be nice about then do everyone a favour and go be rude elsewhere.) give it a shot, open your heart and mind a little bit and attend some services or something. Failing that maybe do some chairty work or something good for the world and if you do already, well then good on ya.

Cheers Ticket, thanks for trying to keep the conversation alive but its okay.
 The PigWig
Msg: 91
view profile
History
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 3:48:58 PM
^^^^

OH GOD

look out.

I think I will write you a "ticket" for your faux pas...

RUN
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 92
view profile
History
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 4:05:39 PM

Bottom line belief in God is faith in the fact is that he exists, science can't prove what it cannot grasp. Science is a man made conecpt and well I'm pretty sure all God believing religions agree on one thing and that is man cannot grasp the entirety that is God.

Bottom line belief in God is faith
Science is a man made concept
and so is faith

generally speaking, since the majority of believers of the different religions world wide are in relative terms little educated and much of their education origins in the religious scripture it is little wonder that they as much as their spiritual leaders cannot or do not grasp the very simple basics of sciences. The simplistic approach to explain all one does not understand otherwise as the creation of an imaginary being is simple enough and as proven it has worked since the stone ages.

not intended to criticize any ones faith, just a thought;
we don't know what was on our ancestors mind or how h/she came to the conclusions of deities
we do have evidence thought what mankind did with that concept of faith and still does today,
besides political power it is one of the most commonly used instruments to place 'special' persons above others and to control masses to serve few.
We may blame the religious institutions for that and can clear as innocent the individual believer who does not seek to impose their belief upon others. It is undeniable reading any of the old scriptures that mass manipulation to serve the deity for the individuals benefit was the intent and not to serve the church or its administrators.
 Behindthescenes
Msg: 93
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 4:08:46 PM
Some folks claim since they cannot "see" God he must not exist? Hmmm...we cannot see the wind either, we can see evidence of the wind..sure, but the "wind" its self no.Yet people say...boy its a windy day outside etc. If you have ever seen a baby being born ..human or animal , then I say...you have your proof , that their is a God !
 thismikerocks
Msg: 94
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 4:24:17 PM
You may not be criticizing people's faith sir but you are most certainly criticizing them. I apologize but I do have an education and I am not what any person has every considered to be poorly educated at that either. You say the majority of believers? Where did you come up with these facts? I'm sorry but your generalizing an extreme amount right now and maybe you should rethink your opinions when you have better knowledge of what your talking about.

I do not see ny politics at all in my faith, I hardly attend church this is true and so life my life free of any drama there. Yet even when I went to church I did not see any government conspiracy trying to make us do their will or keep us in line.

The Law is designed to keep the masses in control sir and nobody in any church I have ever attended has ever controlled me.
 James Bottomtooth III
Msg: 95
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 4:31:17 PM
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is Malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?

Then why call him god?

Epicurus
 Ticketoride
Msg: 96
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 4:43:46 PM
The average American posseses what.. a grade 4 education?

If you feel the average American after 12 Years of School has a grade 4 Education, what do you suppose your distant relatives had?

At least people thousands of years ago could all farm land, or would have some sort of craft that they could practice at. Now we have people on welfare living off of our taxes. We have people going out and randomly shooting, murdering, raping, pillaging and plundering (okay maybe not the last two) at will. If you were to sit back and actually look at the world in perspective today you would realize that it is on a down hill slope to destruction.

They farm Land today.

Unless you have comparative Statistics of random Shooting, Murdering, Raping, Pillaging and Plundering, you have posed no Comparison at all. The following Link will however give you an Index that Crime was far more rampant in the Past ... --> Gentleman's Magazine of 1731

God or no God humanity is in for a rude awakening in the years to come.

Proselitizing Drivel ...

Albert Enstien as well... at the young age he was back at the time that story was written he most likely had more knowledge of how things work in terms of scientific theory and what not then everyone who has posted on this forum so far.

Reality Check !!!

Einstein's famous equation "E=MC squared" is WRONG, or at best only partially correct. His definition of energy is WRONG, his definition of mass is WRONG, C is defined as the top speed possible for anything, then it is squared, which would be even faster and thus contradicts the definition. Light is described as a constant, which is WRONG as defined. In a higher understanding, light does not move, our perception of the speed of light is WRONG.

For his "Theories of Relativity", he can thank J. J. Thomson, Wilhelm Wien, Max Abraham, Henri Poincaré & primarily to Friedrich Hasenöhrl who all implicitly used the expression m=E/c2 for the mass of electromagnetic energy long before Einstein. The term "Theory of Relativity" was coined by Max Planck in 1908.

Contributors who supplied all necessary Infos which Eistein cobbled together:

Max Planck, Walther Nernst, Philipp Lenard, Satyendra Nath Bose, Niels Henrik David Bohr, Johannes Stark.

When we actually examine the life of Albert Einstein, we find that his only 'brilliance' was in his ability to PLAGIARIZE and STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S IDEAS, PASSING THEM OFF AS HIS OWN. Einstein's education, or lack thereof, is an important part of this story.

Einstein had Membership in at least 16 Communist front Organizations.

In a Letter written to President Roosevelt, he recommended developing the Bomb which later toasted Hiroshima, and further advised the US keep an arsenal of Nuclear Weapons to keep others in check. He was the Father of the Cold War.

He is no different than 'Isaac Newton' who plagiarized 'Gottfried Leibnitz' Quantum Physics after he was handed a Copy, but then accused good old Gottfried of plagiarism himself.

In respect to Einstein's Discoveries, 'Hendrik Antoon Lorentz' had the math worked out, Einstein's wife did much of the math, Maxwell figured out what light was, Planck got us stuck with quantum theory, and Newton supplied his well-established classical theory of mechanics. What Einstein did was read these Papers, sit back in his Patent-Office Seat, and ask himself "What sort of Assumptions can I make that results in Physical Behavior like this?", and he boiled it down to just two short sentences:

"Physical Laws are invariant in inertial Reference Frames"
"Speed of Light Radiation in a Vacuum is constant".

Bottom line belief in God is faith in the fact is that he exists

You need to find out what the Definition of a Fact is.

Maybe instead of bashing people and being rude like you have been (I know your trying to keep up an intelligent conversation but there are better ways of saying things then you have been and if you want to have a good and civil conversation then keep clean and don't be a jerk. If you don't want to be nice about then do everyone a favour and go be rude elsewhere.)

If your Assessment that an Objective Demonstration that your Arguments are full of Holes make you believe I am being rude, then so be it. If you however want to insinuate I am actually being a Jerk or being rude, then you are walking on thin Ice. Its not the first time that Men of religious disposition go a little off the deep End when it has been shown the Points they have tried to make have no Basis whatsoever. Time to ask for forgiveness now.

Insults and Trolling are not part of this Discussion, or anywhere else on the Forums.
 passionandsong
Msg: 97
view profile
History
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 4:50:48 PM
would somebody prove to me that love exsists.
 thismikerocks
Msg: 98
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 4:50:53 PM
I give you the props on knowing the full life of Mr. Einstien and what not since I don' t know much about him I was making a comment more or less referring to someone else's post, I fully admit I am ignorant on that subject.

However yes you could word your arguments in much less provocative way and as a end result you would be a lot less insulting. If insults are not welcome on this forum then it as I wrote that you shouldn't be so rude when you are writing some of your responses because in fact I think you have been.

Your arguments are also full of holes because as I have noticed in general they lack any facts to them. Yet if you think about mayhaps we should just get back to the original point of this thread, as in any good forum people shouldn't go off on a tangent just because the word god was used.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 99
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 5:10:33 PM
However yes you could word your arguments in much less provocative way and as a end result you would be a lot less insulting.

That's entirely your baseless Perception, no different than any other religious Organizations which continuously attempts to mute those who point out Fallacies in their Arguments.

Your arguments are also full of holes because as I have noticed in general they lack any facts to them.

Just a Statement, or do you have anything to back that up?
We were only discussing God, and my previous Post clearly demonstrated how and why he was made up that still makes up a large Part of the current Christianity Movement.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 100
God in a word
Posted: 11/28/2008 5:23:05 PM
Poking holes at other's ideas is what you have been doing in nearly every case!

Arguments are not Insults. Don't post if you don't want your Points questioned by Posters.

And yes, check your language and how you try to ridicule people... (my mother in law???) Now, who did you say lost it??? Will you be asking for forgiveness too, or just banning a few?

You mean every time someone makes a rather obvious playful Joke on the Forums. There'd be nobody left.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > God in a word