Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Being the other woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sassygurl515
Msg: 50
Being the other womanPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
hey....so i know someone that is the other woman .....and ive tried to talk to her a million times and she says she doesnt care. i dont know how she doesnt but ya theyve been together for like 3 years now and have not ceased to end this thing. ive told this guy to leave his wife and hes been saying hes gunna leave for the longest time but then he doesnt. who knows wat goes through ppls heads sometimes i really dont get it. she says she loves him shes used to havin him there but ive been telling her to take a stand and give him an ultimatum but really....who would want to be with a guy thats cheating on his wife with you....when he'll probly do the same thing to u down the road??!!???!
 LiL Meggie
Msg: 51
Being the other woman
Posted: 12/3/2008 12:28:30 PM
In my opinion, I see that as being degrading. Someone whose willing to be the "back up"/ the other women or whatever, they obviously have self confidence issues, or they'd turn away and say no. Not only is it hurtful to the other person, but its also hurtful to yourself knowing that would even use someone and do something like that.

Tell your friend, to put themselves in the guys wifes shoes, how would she feel, if she was married to a guy, and he was going behind her back with "another women". thats so disrespectful of the man, and so degrading, for the girl to lower herself, to allow herself to be involved in that, shes only gonna end up hurt.

So to answer your question, no i couldnt be the other women. It sucks to be cheated on, and it also sucks to be the person, that the other person is cheating on with. Thats just not something to get yourself into, just causes a big mess.
 textodd11
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Being the other woman
Posted: 12/3/2008 1:58:03 PM

In my opinion, I see that as being degrading. Someone whose willing to be the "back up"/ the other women or whatever, they obviously have self confidence issues, or they'd turn away and say no.

There's an assumption running through a lot of the responses like the one above. That is that the "Other Woman" is looking for a LTR or s serious relationship. She may just be in it for the sex and if that's the case, she isn't a "backup" at all. Everyone chooses their own involvement for different reasons.

Having said that, a couple of years ago when I was single I was offered to be the "Other Guy" and I just couldn't do it to the other family. That guy just didn't deserve to be treated that way by his wife and so I wanted no part of it.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 53
Being the other woman
Posted: 12/3/2008 2:00:59 PM

womens health did a poll and 90% of you said you wouldnt be but 43% have been, its in your nature
Guess what, its simply illogical to conclude that its in the "nature" of women to be adulteresses/mistresses becuase a large MINORITY of those polled have been.
 Tabitha63
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Being the other woman
Posted: 12/3/2008 2:22:37 PM
Common sense,
If he'll cheat on her with you.. he's likely to cheat on you with someone else!
 TrulyCute45
Msg: 55
Being the other woman
Posted: 12/3/2008 2:32:06 PM
Nope, I couldn't be the other woman. Besides if an individual is going to be cheating on his/her mate, whats to they wouldn't do the same when they're with you. If you're going to start a relationship with someone then it should be a win/win situation for both.
 shorn77
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Being the other woman
Posted: 6/14/2011 1:56:16 AM
your wrong about that! i dont have low self esteem or desperate to be loved. We fell in love with each other, not planned out.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 57
Being the other woman
Posted: 6/14/2011 5:18:33 AM
I don't do married men. I had a fling once with a guy who had a live in girlfreind...which was pretty much the same thing. At the time I tried to rationalize in my head, that they weren't married, and it wasn't MY fault that she couldnt get him to put a ring on her finger, yada yada yada. He was still cheating on her. Since then, I have learned my lesson, and I grew up. I would never do that again. It was wrong. I got my heart broken, and so did she. Fortunately there were no children involved. I dont think I could have forgiven myself if there had been. I left that situation and never looked back. But it wont happen again. We live and learn.
 Lookinmyeyes
Msg: 58
Being the other woman
Posted: 6/14/2011 1:08:37 PM
Being the other woman is not something that I would settle for because...I am not meant to be the "side dish". I feel that I am the main course, and if I can't satisfy his appetite, he can go to another restaurant.
 PasionLatina0529
Msg: 59
Being the other woman
Posted: 6/19/2011 5:47:04 PM
my friend was involved for a time...she said she hoped that she could change his mind..and they talked about it, knowing it was wrong..eventually she let him go knowing very well...she didn't want to have that happen to her if he left the other person, and she got tired of feeling used and getting sloppy 2nds..
 Shawsow
Msg: 60
Being the other woman
Posted: 6/19/2011 6:28:23 PM
I haven't slept around with anyones husband but I do have sex with my ex who is in a relationship. He started crying me a river with "I miss you and I love." I tried real hard to reject him but ended up sleeping with him. I don't feel bad about having sex with him because he is not married to her. Will confess that it is very wrong for him to use her car to come see me. Now that's low, but yet I don't care. I like the way thing are between us and I'll call it off when I deem it necessary.
 garvey14
Msg: 61
Being the other woman
Posted: 7/11/2011 8:52:23 PM
No offense ladies but I was married to another women. In our home life she presented herself as a women whose family mattered and a women with values and morals. She was constantly well maybe not constantly , i recall time and time again her talking about women she knew that had cheated and what she thought about them. So all the women that say they could never or would never be the other women? If that was the case explain the rate of infidelity in this country. Statistics say some of you are not being honest.
I personally thing there is no difference in being the other women or being the other man. If you do something to destroy a family you are scum. Pure and simple. If the other party wants out or you want out of your relationship or marriage just get out. No reason to be the other person.
 texasjack1964
Msg: 62
Being the other woman
Posted: 7/11/2011 9:27:38 PM
Lady that cold hearted thru and thru
 ChiliPequin
Msg: 63
Being the other woman
Posted: 7/11/2011 9:52:14 PM

Being the other woman is not something that I would settle for because...I am not meant to be the "side dish". I feel that I am the main course, and if I can't satisfy his appetite, he can go to another restaurant.

Amen to that. And there's also the old saying, "If it was done with you, it will be done to you."

I don't think there is ever a valid excuse for cheating. Nor is there a valid excuse for dating someone who isn't really "yours" to date.
 PrimeWoman
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Being the other woman
Posted: 7/11/2011 11:32:10 PM
I'm too selfish to be the other woman.
oh...that's not selfish, it's having self respect.
 Vamperella
Msg: 65
Being the other woman
Posted: 7/12/2011 7:35:10 AM

in some parts of the world (australia, asia, sweden, etc) its an honor to be the other woman

Where on earth you received that ridiculous piece of information is beyond me. An honour??<<-----<<<
lol...i would love to hear you say that in a pub full of 'sheilas' from down under
 jadeinacc
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Being the other woman
Posted: 7/12/2011 5:49:07 PM
MENN R TOTALY ANOTHER BREEED BUT OMFG SOME WOMAN R SO MUCH WORSE.....IF UNO A MANN HAS A WOMAN DONT ****ING GO THERE ITS THE CODE....GO GET SOME OVER ****ING****DESPRATE ****NG HOESSSS!!!!!!!ITS JUST COSSS THEY PROBLI HAVE NO ONE OR LIKE BEING TREATED LIKE SHIT ANND HAVEN SOME OVER WOMANS MAN !!SADDDDDDD SADD SADDDD!!!!!!! IF HES DOIN IT TO HER HEL DO IT TO U HELLNEVER LOVE OR WANT OR TRUST U....NUFFIN WILL EVER COME OF ITT!!! SOIF ITS JUST SEX FOR U GO **** SOME ONEE ELES....DNNT GET HOW WOMAN CANN HURT OVER WOMAN!!WRONGANSSSSSSSSSSS U NEEED
 blueceleste
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Being the other woman
Posted: 7/13/2011 1:51:06 PM
hell no. i wouldnt be the other woman. i have had tons of guys in marriages/relationships who wanted me to be the other woman when i was single. i told one guy at what price? lmao he blocked me after i said that but it worked i got rid of him.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Being the other woman