Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ItsMargo
Msg: 51
view profile
History
He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I'll just be sitting over here, counting my toes until someone sends me a gift for posting

You could consider re-gifting that being as you owe *some* people a toaster oven ... hmmm.

Related to hotness... What is a drag is when people won't/can't accept a compliment.
 read only
Msg: 52
He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?
Posted: 12/10/2008 12:20:57 PM
"Related to hotness... What is a drag is when people won't/can't accept a compliment"

I look at that as maybe they don't know how to take a compliment.

I love giving compliments when in a relationship or not in one, and people seem to never know what to say, and it is kind of a shame.
 ClearlyAmazingM
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2008 12:45:59 PM
I find myself to be HOT, by the way women look at me, the warm smile...and many times they hit on me (Flirting) . As for everyone else....if a person is able to put a smile on their face, that would make he/she Hot looking. Except of course, if you have all your teeth missing ( Then that would be a problem)
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/10/2008 2:49:38 PM
I can't possibly be hot.

I mean, I don't know how to make that really spectacular stuffed french toast, like what they sell at IHOP.

In fact, the foods that I think I can prepare pretty damn good.............would only be considered mediocre to some.

And does being "HOT" involve wine??

If so, what kind?

I mean, can someone skirt by with Boone's or Mad Dog?

Or would it have to be a lambrusco or nice port?
 yabbdabbadoo
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/10/2008 3:49:09 PM
oh dang! I didn't realize that it was spicy buffalo flavoured
... my mouth is really hot
 JSlade58
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2008 4:03:32 PM
i KNOW i'm not hot. Why just this morning i put on my shorts.....inside i could hear the Fruit of the Loom guys laughing.
 DharmaF
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2008 9:08:25 PM

A.S.: All this hot talk has me thinking ..

Does it really matter if someone else thinks your hot?

hmmm. Only if I adore them to pieces. So yes. But only in that case.

What if you don't believe it?

Well, if I didn't believe it, that would mean that I don't know who I am. Since I know who I am it doesn't matter to me. To know is better to believe. Especially in the face of adversity.

What if You think You're hot, but no one else seems to?

Well that's never going to happen. LOL

Is it "cool" to know you're "hot" or is that "hot" too??

I'd rather be smart than hot.

But seriously, if I think a man is hot, but he is insecure or thinks he is somehow inferior .. well that diminishes his hotness a degree or 3, same as someone who is too up on their own self.. Vanity isn't cool - or hot!

Exactly! What even lowers their hotness many degrees is vanity & stupidity. Some men have started off as hot to me & lowered themselves to such a subcatagory that there is no other name for it but.... ugly on the inside. Sigh.

So, how bout 'you'. If you think someone is hot, but they do not.. are you cool with that?

Uh why wouldn't I be?

Thoughts?

btw - this is Not about the "men/women who think you are hot" feature that admin is querying. This is about "being Hot", "Knowing you are hot" .. and/or the person you think is hot and how that would change depending on their own personal hotness meter.

((there are no toasters or coffee pots being given away in this thread .. unless you brought your own, in which case just leave it at the door .. thank you!))

Okay.... all joking aside....... I really don't care about anyone's "Hotness Factor". I never could. I'm all about the personality. WHO are they? I crave substance like some people are addicted to chocolate. What's even worse is being with someone you adore to pieces & thinks that you are hot but they can't wrap their minds around why you are with them then ruin it.

It's like they wished for this awesome gift for their birthday or Christmas. Then they actually receive the gift. Then instead of enjoying the gift, they get pi$$ed off at the gift, curse out the giver of the gift & constantly wonder if they deserved the gift to begin with. Totally forgetting to feel blessed & enjoy the gift!!!!

Yeah. Screw hotness. Give me substance!
 SirMyztiq
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/10/2008 9:19:02 PM
Meh. I've usually kept my ego in check over the years. If I meet a girl way out of my league, oh well, I won't treat her or act any different than any other girl I meet. Unless shes ****y. Then, I'll more than likely bring her down a couple of notches.

Needless to say, appearance IS important. But, I don't think I'm attractive at all and I've dated girls that have my friends asking "How the hell did YOU get HER?" I have YET to find out! LOL
 Pair O Docs
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/10/2008 9:43:02 PM
I could sit here and type out all those certain traits or characteristics about myself that might qualify me as 'HOT', all of them certainly not 'physical' in nature. I mean, it's nice to read posts disqualifying the physical as the absolute where 'hotness' is concerned.

But you never REALLY fully understand nor appreciate the true definition of "HOT" until you've been sitting at a restaurant table with some of your male friends, all with chiseled looks that would make good ole Brad Pitt envious, and watching the waitress salivate and flirt with all of them, being attentive to their every whim, jotting down every detail of their order, turning all flustered and rosy red while doing so....only for her to walk away from the table without taking YOUR order because it never occurred to her that you were even there.

I don't go out with my friends for dinner that much anymore.......
 brawler_
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/10/2008 10:33:54 PM
everyone is hot
 shaneyp
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/10/2008 11:14:16 PM
i dont think im hot in the sense of good looks,far from it,but people put too much by what your physical features are,some people are far too shallow,i think its about what you have burning inside you,the love, the passion,these are traits i consider what makes me and others hot! look beyond the averageness,you might be surprised,thats my way of thinking anyway.
 ladydi8
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2008 10:59:24 AM
"everyone is hot"

thats simple, yet oh so true!

and that's tha kinda truth we often overlook in our quest for what is hot and what's not!

10 kudos to tha brawler... who, by tha way, is HAWT!!!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/11/2008 11:50:41 AM
"Presupposing one's own hotness is a recipe fraught with danger" (I think that's in a Shakespeare sonnet? Scuseeā€¦I make light)

Seriously, I'd never go out with a woman that truly believes she's "hot" and acts self-conscious about it. There's a fine line between humble self confidence and shallow, narcissistic vanity. Normal self confidence, at least to me, means to never have to blow your own horn or strut around believing you're some God or Goddess.

I've found that most that think themselves drop dead beautiful or handsome can't keep the thoughts of their own gorgeousness in perspective, and end up going off the deep end. And believe me, that leap is a short one indeed.

Mo
 bucsgirl
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2008 12:00:33 PM
To me the measurement of some arbitrary yardstick of "hotness" is a lot of hot air.

Don't have to read too many threads to know it's way overemphasized and the source of a lot of angst and insecurity. How many threads are there, well I don't get it what's wrong with me, am I ugly......AKK! Too many are more focused on comparing themselves to others instead of focusing on developing their internal satisfaction with themselves. Anyone who views dating as a competition isn't going to be satisfied IMO.

I'm not implying that we shouldn't take care of ourselves to the best of our ability. But our appearance is the house that our soul lives in, that's the core and WHO we are. IMO if you don't have a beautiful soul then the rest doesn't really matter.

Our path in life and happiness are defined by what we value and where we place our priorities.
 ~Hello~
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/11/2008 12:44:34 PM
LMAO!! Well finally!! After reading the last 20 odd posts, Finally there is some Humour!! sheesh .. oh why oh why do I find myself feeling I should have put a whole lot more hahaha, lol, lmao and a few 's .. and in the OP .. sigh ..
Folks - Most of us Know that Hot is Not about yer frikkin mirror! .. Hot is about Attitude.
NOTHING to do with illusion (illusion = looks).
There is just farrrrrrrrrrrrr too much All serious about these forums, It's refreshing to read Some have a funny bone! OMG - I know personally (this being a Dating Site and all) - I am looking for a sense of humour, which I had hoped this thread might provoke .. sigh .. blahblablah

<< that guy is Hot
<< Hot
< Hot

ie - a Smile is Hot - even when there are only a few teeth (in fact sometimes that adds to the hotness)
Laughter is Hot Hot Hot! phew ..Hot!

The poster who said "Everyone is Hot" - is Right! Everyone IS Hot! ..

And the poster who said:

<div class="quote"> KNOW i'm not hot. Why just this morning i put on my shorts.....inside i could hear the Fruit of the Loom guys laughing
^^ Wins the doorprize!!! woohooo .. now .. how many stamps do I need to send me to you! lol .. yeah .. I'm the doorprize .. sorry .. no toasters and the cozy is .. well the cozy is busy.

nuff said.

Yer all frikkin hot!

Almost forgot >> HAPPY HOTTIE DAYS!!
 read only
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/11/2008 1:18:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ I don't even know her and I think she is HOT. Sense of humor is just it. Yes physical is the first, but humor is the most important, and she has it.

Thanks for the laugh A.S.is.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/11/2008 1:48:49 PM
Me thinks A.S. has finally lost it....just kiddin' ya Sugar.

Hope everybody has a very HOT winter.

Mo
 ~Hello~
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/11/2008 2:20:06 PM
I found my cozy male!!! ^^^

Hot Hot Hot!! phew .. ok .. I gotta go buy a toaster .. phew

*(Lost it long ago .. but thanks!! lol)
 bullielover62
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/11/2008 2:22:09 PM

Me thinks A.S. has finally lost it....just kiddin' ya Sugar.

Naw, she just lost her cozy. *snort..... Stuck it somewhere to keep her warm and forgot to remove it.

j/k............ she knows I think she's hot. And Mo, and Dharma and Margo and Mr. P.... and the rest of ya.....

Even the Fruit of the Loom man..... cause anyone that tells the world his underpants are talkin' to him, is HAWTER THAN HELL in my opie.

DANG IT A.S.is........... yer post came in right b-4 mine... and I ain't changin' mine!!
'cept..... maybe it was the SUGAR she misplaced.... 'sweet thang'!!!
 floatman
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/11/2008 2:32:12 PM
Yes, I'm hot. Thank you!
 Pizzicato Pimiento
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/11/2008 2:43:34 PM
It's a generational thing. My daughter, 20, is always letting me know someone is hot or not hot. It's not even a concept in my vocabulary, though I can understand what people mean by it. I think primarily under-30s, maybe under-40s, think this way. We over-50s think more in old-fashioned terms of beautiful, handsome, cute, etc.

I am pretty sure I'm not hot. And nobody has ever told me anything to the contrary. When I was 20, a boyfriend told me I was average looking but that I could be a "knockout" if I tried a little harder. Yeah, I guess knockout is my generation's synonym for hot. P.S. I didn't try harder. There are so many more interesting things to do, and I essentially forget to look in mirrors.
 bodypro8
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/11/2008 4:45:38 PM
Reading this puerile thread has filled my heart with hatred and contempt. How bout them apples? Oh, yeah...I'm hot...under the collar.
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 73
Posted: 12/11/2008 4:55:24 PM
Well, I dunno about anyone else.

But absolutely everyone that I've fav listed.............I think is hot!

It doesn't mean that I don't think that anyone else is.

Nope.

Just, those that I've fav listed have stood out to me and I think that they're especially special.

And I don't mean "special" special either!

BTW, my Hanes boxer briefs get a regular snicker! Unfortunately, there's no fruity guys down there to ask WTF!
 sweet lady Lori
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/11/2008 4:58:47 PM

everyone is hot

Well, I don't like to presume I am hot but I know I think brawler is hot
 ~Hello~
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/11/2008 5:00:54 PM

Reading this puerile thread has filled my heart with hatred and contempt. How bout them apples? Oh, yeah...I'm hot...under the collar.

ah, yah, but yer still HOT!

Mr Provocative

Well, I dunno about anyone else.

But absolutely everyone that I've fav listed.............I think is hot!

It doesn't mean that I don't think that anyone else is.

Nope.

Just, those that I've fav listed have stood out to me and I think that they're especially special.

sigh .. hmm so, do we need another thread? about "special" . .. what if I think I'm special but you don't ? and what if the driver of the short bus IS my uncle Tom, who married my sisters Mom? eh?? what's wrong with That?? Don't judge me!!!

LOL <<<< Pls. Note the LOL!!! << andmr. funny guy there .. haha
(Oh .. I know somebuddy's gonna jump! lol)

Neither one of ya gets a doorprize (yet)

phew, funny how it seems to get 'warmer' in here bout this time most nights ..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?