Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 126
He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

((there are no toasters or coffee pots being given away in this thread .. unless you brought your own, in which case just leave it at the door .. thank you!))

op, I don't need a toaster but a stainless steel,french door frig would be a great addition to my remodel kitchen
 bullielover62
Msg: 127
He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?
Posted: 12/13/2008 7:25:32 AM

Hell yeah, I rock my package regardless.

Yah, thanks, coffee spew all over my keyboard............ WARN a girl next time, would ya?
"rock my package..."

A.S.is.... I'm thinking Glen Close for you honey... but you're way off with the Pitt/Jolie mix... I'm thinkin' more Bruce and Demi, back in the day....... *snort

OK, ON TOPIC: Illinois government needs a shake up, shake down, new hair cuts and a few lessons in potty mouth etiquette. What, that's not on topic?

Shit.

'Kay......... ILLINOIS POLITICS ARE NOT HOT. But they ARE a HOT TOPIC.
Does that count?

And yah, I'm from Illinois, so I can say shit. *snort

That's HOT.
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/13/2008 9:03:30 AM

Actually, I'm more along the lines of Judd Hirsch's character.

Well, don't you mean Judd Nelson? Judd Hirsch was the guy from the tv show Taxi. Which is fine because they were all hot, too.

I rock my package regardless.

Now that's a happy fella. You go on and rock your package! Put a bow on it and go! In the voice of Parasite Hilton, "that's hot!"
 Tekaman
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/13/2008 9:13:09 AM
You know I never really thought about it to be honest lol. I figured I was good looking since the ladies I have met seem attracted to me but never really cared about my looks to much to be honest. I guess I have to ask the question to you all: Am I hot ?? lol
 motownmaniax
Msg: 130
Posted: 12/13/2008 9:20:11 AM

Mo - will play curly

Play Curly? I'll play Moe, of course! (Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk)

Mo looks like he could fun my leisure .. lol .. right sweetcheeks?

I'd Rock your Package so much you'd forget about toasters, that's fer sure.
 aleon
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2008 9:40:56 AM
An honest self image is important. F0r ones self as well as for those around one.
Incidently, I went to the store the other day and bought a toaster.... They gave me a free bank!!!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/13/2008 9:45:42 AM
^^^^ Yep, nowadays a toaster is worth "more" than a bank.

I've found honesty about all things in dating and relationships is important. Unfortunately, in too many cases people are delusional, not just about others but themselves.
 bullielover62
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/13/2008 2:57:35 PM

"Hot" is how a girl makes me feel about her when I'm feeling the chemistry with her. It's about not one thing but a bunch of intangibles that make my heart thump thump thump when she gets too close.

Yup, and YUP YCG1.... it's that indescribable something......

I've found honesty about all things in dating and relationships is important. Unfortunately, in too many cases people are delusional, not just about others but themselves.

Mo, ya hit it on the head... again. Most are quite delusional, and usually skewed the wrong way....

It's like that cartoon that most of us have seen.... with the overweight, flabby, fat guy looking in the mirror and seeing a body builder-type guy..... And the thin, toned woman looking in the mirror and seeing an overweight, flabby fat gal.

Eh.

Yer only as hot as you think you are... and as the love of your life thinks you are too. Right now, the love of my life is my cat Pablo, and he thinks I'm just purrrrrfect.

mraow~
 torquoise pixie
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/13/2008 4:17:59 PM
No matter how many people will tell you that you are attractive, if you dont believe it, it will not change your mind.
I cannot stand it when a man is obsessed with his allegedlly inferior looks, had an ex like that, who used to throw tantrums over being fat. Gimme a break. That really puts me off. On the other hand I find people obsessed with their good looks equally unatractive. The most attractive is when they dont mention their looks at all and just radiate a quiet confidence, not looking for any reassurance either way.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/13/2008 4:40:17 PM

The most attractive is when they don't mention their looks at all and just radiate a quiet confidence, not looking for any reassurance either way.

Your one of the few who gets it! yippie!!

It is play on ones vanity and ego and we all have one you see how the peanut gallery has risen.

This Marcus dude imo is trying another way to to show us fellow lemmings the art of

the" dog and pony show "and to see who will take the bait and shake the bushes or to see if your ready for the dance

imo, this ain't no science here gang, many talk the talk but few walk the walk.

And if your package is getting rusting don't blame the big guy for trying!
 witchyplus3
Msg: 136
Posted: 12/13/2008 5:23:53 PM
we all know that it is on the inside that counts RIGHT!!!!! i have been told by many that i am hot, but i have realized that when they start with that line it usually ends up no-where and i feel i am hot on the inside as well as the outside,we should all feel that way about oneself!
 ~Hello~
Msg: 137
Posted: 12/13/2008 6:02:11 PM
no no Mo! .. I didn't mean 'play' curly as in 'act' - I mean "play" curly - (he's got the toasters!!).. sigh men

I'd Rock your Package so much you'd forget about toasters, that's fer sure

So - it looks like I'll be busy for a few days. Gotta get that whippersnipper trimmin' below the knees!! hahaha
I mean - Doors open Mo!

phew .. Hot just got Steamy!

btw - the fundraiser was a HUGE success!!
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 138
Posted: 12/13/2008 8:02:11 PM
I'm pretty hot...

but generally my feet are ALWAYS cold. So I guess then... that I am not actually HOT.
 read only
Msg: 139
Posted: 12/14/2008 12:56:10 AM
^^^^^^^ I have always found your photos sexy not hot.
 Carrie Bradshaw™
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 2:41:43 AM
I think some men and some women try too hard to be 'hot' and that is a huge turnoff. Look at me and my body, I work out 5 hours a day to get these muscles. Look at my boobs, I paid a lot of money for these. To me that is low self esteem and low self worth to try so hard to look hot. It makes one look like a fool.

I am just me trying to no one and not trying to impress. If some think I'm 'hot' that's spiffy. If some think I am ugly, that is spiffy too. It makes no difference because I like me as a person and vlaue that over how I look anyday.

~Carrie
 jolia
Msg: 141
Posted: 12/14/2008 4:39:57 AM
Agree about Brad Pitt, he seems to me Angelina's puppet, a total turn off of a man. A monkey see, monkey do kind of person. Sorry for offthread posting, but couldn't resist.
 jolia
Msg: 142
Posted: 12/14/2008 4:43:23 AM
Being hot or attractive to the opposite sex is all about confidence, how you feel and see yourself is how they see you. I am 300% convinced.
Hotness is a also a full package not just a thing or two. Self confidence and a healthy self esteem are the keys.
Those are my two cents.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 143
Posted: 12/14/2008 6:14:50 AM

Look at my boobs, I paid a lot of money for these. To me that is low self esteem and low self worth to try so hard to look hot. It makes one look like a fool.

Carrie, and what evah you do please don't get one of those tats on your chest cuz

now that, would be a tragedy!

au naturale is divine...
 lucilou
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 7:24:11 AM
I dont know if I am hot, its up to the person who are with to say that. If I say I am hot I will be judged as concieted and so stock up and most men dont want women who thinks they are hot.
 forumperson3
Msg: 145
Posted: 12/14/2008 7:27:04 AM
"Does it really matter if someone else thinks your hot?"

It usually makes a difference in the number of opportunities in life in terms of career and dating and being given the benefit of the doubt. Certainly unattractive people can have lots of opportunity in life too, but I think it's a harder road for them in comparison. Also it's easier to have said "confidence" that people claim is the be all powerful elixir when you are constantly getting positive reinforcement of any kind. Usually attractive people get that reinforcement all the time.

I don't think it has to "matter" to the individual in question, but I do think it will massively change their life in many ways if they were appreciably more or less attractive than they are now.

"What if you don't believe it?"

Then you don't. People will still treat you based on how they see you, not on how you see yourself directly. Now if you see yourself in a more positive light, typically that manifests itself in behavior that increases a positive outward appeal. (Like going to the gym) And then people treat you better as a result. I don't think people treat confident people better because they are confident, I think they do because confident people are taking actions that making themselves more visually impressive to the outside world.

"What if You think You're hot, but no one else seems to?"

I think balance is probably the ideal. People should have healthy self esteem. But people need to also be self aware enough to realize where they stand in the world and how the world in general will value them .... or not value them.

Is it "cool" to know you're "hot" or is that "hot" too??

Generally people want to date other who have more to offer than they do. It's simple human nature. Usually issues like modesty or having a major flaw is a way for someone to feel that you are more accessible. When you get older, you realize how people react to you is rarely about you.

I think a lot of people want to knock anyone who they perceive has more than what they do so it soothes the pain of rejection they feel by society. Or the insecurity they feel. Or to justify why they didn't try in the first place. To me, that's an "ugly trait". Assuming someone who is physically attractive must be something horrible personality wise or defective in that way absolutely. If you want feel better, eat an ice cream cone, don't try to drag someone down so you can fool yourself into thinking you are pulling yourself up.

I think the "cool" thing is to do your best to make the most of what you have to work with in any given time and place and accept that it's enough, even if you don't get what you want. For many though, sadly, it's not enough. People who are successful and happy in life are usually well rounded people. Being good looking isn't enough, you have to work on not relying on that to get by in life. Being intellectual but not showing in concern for your physical appearance is also just as troubling. You have to realize that you can't get by in life and completely ignore the looks issue.
 mattw357
Msg: 146
Posted: 12/14/2008 9:07:17 AM

What if You think You're hot, but no one else seems to?"

I think balance is probably the ideal. People should have healthy self esteem. But people need to also be self aware enough to realize where they stand in the world and how the world in general will value them .... or not value them.

Wow...that's just...wow. This sounds like Hitler's beauty and style opinions brought to you via GQ magazine. I don't think you can ask people to look at their own body and judge their own looks with a "know your role homie" attitude. Frankly, anyone that does this would be extremely unattractive, fairly stupid, and completely shallow.

Also, check out the peole that run/have ran America. Most of them, the most powerful people int he world-- ugly as sin. I don't think Janet Reno said to herself, "I shouldn't try to become Attorney General because I look like a dying horse. And I am sure she ended up pretty happy with her value and place in the world. JMO.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 147
Posted: 12/14/2008 9:49:31 AM

I am just me trying to no one and not trying to impress.

I really only wanna impress myself. If I look in a mirror and I like what I see, I'm good. Other people liking it also is just like icing on cakes... delish, but not REALLY necessary.

Thanks, read-only.
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 148
Posted: 12/14/2008 9:59:21 AM

Does it really matter if someone else thinks your hot?

I want the person I wish to date to think I am attractive. Other people, I do not think about it.

What if You think You're hot, but no one else seems to?

There are many guys who think they are attractive but I do not look twice at. Just the same as me, I belief I am physicaly attractive but no one else have to. Every body have different opinion.

Is it "cool" to know you're "hot" or is that "hot" too??

I suppose, but confidence is more important. A person who think he have great body and face but lack confident in general, is less attractive than a person who have opinion he should lose weight but is still happy and confident person.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 149
Posted: 12/14/2008 10:20:47 AM
Life is too short for hot of not.
The Mirror to the Soul
Is a timeless centerpiece that shines with the brightest Brilliance.
Read Inside Only.
Life is a Casket Away.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/14/2008 10:22:23 AM
I think Cerealkiller (I know you like cereal, but the pun is still offensive when it’s coupled it with the word “killer”, at least to me) is trying to make a valid point, just doing it awkwardly and insensitively. Matt made an equally valid point.

I see this thread is dividing along personal perceptions of "inward" vs "outward" beauty when people view “hotness”.

Look, we all know universally gorgeous “looking” people of either gender will get much more attention in society. To deny otherwise is just throwing out a lot of pc and pretending the dichotomy doesn’t exist. But I can also safely say that people with vacuous, plastic, arrogant, self-superior images of beauty are not at all appealing to most of us. Most want a partner that’s physically appealing (and everyone has their own idea of what that is) coupled with a personality we can actually "stand"...lol.

Just speaking for myself, I’m not attracted to a woman that's gorgeous on the outside but vapid and narcissistic inside -- same goes for many women and how they view men, I’m sure.

Unfortunately, there will always be those that think themselves more beautiful than us mere mortals. They actually believe their own hype, constantly drink up and revel in the all the attention, want trophy wives/husbands on their arms, and go about life as a business transaction instead of a deeply emotional and personal endeavor, looking at a relationship as an accountant would look at a balance sheet (what do I bring to the table vs what a potential partner does?... do they stack up, are they good enough for “my” standards, instead of the other way around?). Equally unfortunate is the fact that too many people of both genders have no problem fawning over and massaging such egos, which only serves to encourage their distasteful behavior even more.

I think these types, no matter how much they “believe” they have going for them, will never be in a satisfying, long-term relationship. Everything’s ephemeral and disposable to them. They will constantly judge their partners and relationship circumstances through very narrow and rose-colored prisms, eventually get restless, and move on to something they think is better.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?