Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~Hello~
Msg: 151
He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
What I find "not" hot is the number of people who either read the OP or didn't and yet STILL took this thing so damned serious! lol .. No toasters for you!!

Sheesh - it was meant as a Parody - the OP was Obviously "silly" - early on there were those who attempted to delete the thread for just that reason: "Nonsense/not English" lol .. y'all voted to keep it .. and then turned it into a "serious" debate on a silly subject! lol

Hot is Not about your outside. That external "appearance" is a Temporary Illusion. Hot transcends all that b.s. and is about Who a person is, not what they look like, what they wear, what they drive or what they own. It is about "who" a person is.

Like I said - I met an 87 year old woman last week, short n wrinkled .. but the twinkle in her eye was all I needed to see her "Inner Hotness".

Lots of "pretty people" open their mouths and the pretty goes away.

Lots of "not so (magazine) pretty people" are Really Hot .. cuz of Who they are, How they treat others and that little twinkle doesn't hurt!

One of my Hottest friends is short, "chunky", challenged and Happy as He!! most all the time. He lights right up when he sees me, he laughs, teases me, laughs some more and Always has a hug for me. Now That is Hot stuff from a Hot guy!

Hot is waaaaaaay Beyond the surface.

Now .. stop dragging me into your plot to take the fun out of my (weak) attempt to dump this old toaster! ;)
 oldsoul
Msg: 152
He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?
Posted: 12/14/2008 11:11:44 AM
I think balance is probably the ideal. People should have healthy self esteem. But people need to also be self aware enough to realize where they stand in the world and how the world in general will value them .... or not value them.

Hmm...I don't know if and how many people remember the old song by Joni Mitchell..."I learned the truth at 17"...but that's what that ^ reminds of.

I learned the truth at 13...that's when I learned about...life. I also know exactly where I have stood on the "value" scale throughout the years. I've always been very realistic about my physical appearance and how others (men and women) see (or perceive) me. I could be wrong of course, but I don't think so. Years and years (and years) of pretty much always getting the same or similar reactions have pretty much convinced me that I'm not delusional.

Having said that, it would therefore be only a guess (or an assumption) to try to imagine how it FEELS to walk in someone else's shoes. How could I know how it must feel to be an Angelina OR a Rosie O'Donnell? I've never been a long haired natural beauty with a voluptuous body nor have I ever been overweight. I can imagine (or assume) to know how it must feel like, but I can't possibly know.

So you know what? I'm not even going to try to tell people who may be struggling with their weight or who may be better or worse off than me how they "should" feel about this ridiculous "value scale"... I only know how **I** feel. And I fully realize and accept that the way I feel and see the world is quite possibly due to the way I look and have been treated most of my life because of (or in spite of) my looks...sad but true in my opinion.

So I could spew a whole lot of nothings for nothing...maybe (probably) the world is a whole lot different for someone who has a severe case of acne and/or who is struggling with their weight while growing up than the world was to me who was at least by most standards considered average looking with "nothing" out of the ordinary and with nothing extremelly good or bad (meaning no acne but no great breasts/legs/ or whatever either)...just average.

Do I think I'm hot?? Gawd no. I think I'm okay...I'm used to "me" and overall I think I look fine. Piece by piece is another story, but overall I'm good, and I'm satisfied with what I have and with what I was given...how's that? To want more would be greedy, and besides, I'm cute enough as it is ;)

JMO
 *buzz*
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 11:44:14 AM
Not sure if I people find me hot or not but those who do know me on a day to day basis could tell a thing or two on this topic.

What I do know about myself, and don't mind sharing with you, is that I don't mind finding myself in situation - "feeling a bit hot under the collar" and yes, in such a situation I just love to put that exuberant smile on their face too. Besides, it's a two way street, isn't it?

... and what other people think about me ~ him ~ them ... let them think and wag their tongues, c'est la vie.
 ~Hello~
Msg: 154
Posted: 12/14/2008 12:11:13 PM
Hmm...I don't know if and how many people remember the old song by Joni Mitchell..."I learned the truth at 17".

That's by Janice Ian, Joni might have done a version , but Janice Ian was the original and the best on that tune!!

Anyway ... I don't know why I bother, but again - The thread was Obviously (if you read the OP as is) meant to be in jest.

I'll say it again - Hot is Not a surface thing - the external is Temporary Illusion.

Hot as far as I'm concerned, most Certainly includes some sense of humour. Thankfully there are "some" who've responded to this thread who actually still have a funny bone.

This is in the relationships threads. I for one Insist that appropriate attention is given to the serious crap and a good measure also goes to having a little fun. That WAS the point of this thread .. injecting a "little" friggin fun onto a Dating site. Sigh ..

All toasters have been given to Hot thinking people who get that all this serious crap is not necessary.

Happy frikfrakfarkin Hottiedays!

I hope you all getta funny bone for Xmas!! I'm keepin mine! ;)
 bucsgirl
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 12:16:01 PM

The thread was Obviously (if you read the OP as is) meant to be in jest.

Why keep protesting this.....it's obvious to YOU and a very few others.

If people aren't responding the way you wanted them to maybe you should read your OP again......just saying.
 ladydi8
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 12:51:32 PM
purty is only skin deep granny used to say.....but ugly goes to tha soul of a person and sticks in his craw!

now i realize a lotta you city folks don't know what a craw is but its like tryin to swallow somethin real fast an havin it get stuck in yer throat an just hang there...well thats what ugly does...ugly actions that follow you around..like a reputation...or a stench from apolecat...

a person who is freindly to others, kind to old people and little kids, and that includes kids with snotty noses and uncombed hair and not just the pink and pampered sweet smellin ones, the ones that play in the streets are kids too ya know! and yeah, winos still deserve a good morning and a freindly smile, well people that can open doors for the lil old lady they just stood in line behind WHILE she counted out 10 dollars in coupons at the grocery store...those are the HOTTIES in my book~
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 157
Posted: 12/14/2008 1:55:03 PM
if i'm not HOTT i just pop myself into the microwave for a minute or two and viola'~~ toasty HOTT Italian dude!
 TxCougarBaby
Msg: 158
Posted: 12/14/2008 3:41:41 PM
I would rather be considered BEAUTIFUL than HOT....

You got it right Ladydi8!! Beauty is only skin deep - UGLY goes to the bone!
I would rather date someone that is average and loves me to death than someone considered "HOT" that only loves himself.

I have always looked into the person's heart to see who they were - not just the face or the body. I look for kindness, compassion and a willingness to be the best they can. But then I am also one who picks up stray puppies and finds them a home.

The MAIN thing to remember...
Bodies age, passion dies, true friendship in love holds your hand through life and blesses you until death.

peace~
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 159
Posted: 12/14/2008 4:11:47 PM

Sheesh - it was meant as a Parody - the OP was Obviously "silly" - early on there were those who attempted to delete the thread for just that reason: "Nonsense/not English" lol .. y'all voted to keep it .. and then turned it into a "serious" debate on a silly subject! lol

If questions that are commonly seriously asked, is asked in a serious forum, do not be surprised of serious answer. The choise is a) so many people are stupid to not get your joke, or perhap b) comedy is not your strong trait.

(or may be I am only kidding, who know)
 motownmaniax
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/14/2008 5:31:54 PM
Even if the OP wrote this thread as tongue and cheek and didn't expect serious answers, the subject has elicited them. Why? Because to many people the subject “is” serious, since it goes to the core of what many think is wrong with this society – it’s over-reliance and obsession with surface looks and, by extension, status and materialism.

I can yuk up a subject as good as the next person, but something about this thread touched a nerve and I don’t mind responding to it, and I can see by what I’ve read from others it’s touched the same nerve. And we shouldn't have to apologize for it.
 read only
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/14/2008 5:41:03 PM
"And we shouldn't have to apologize for it."

I agree. These forums are for opinions and if one cannot handle sombody elses opinion, that is their issue.

I can care less what she looks like if she is not a good person.
 aquarita
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 6:39:29 PM
Cereal Killer...Bingo!!! AGAIN!!!!
this wicked woman I know...(me) thinks the way your mind works is hot, hot, hot...and so...kiss,kiss, kiss!!!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 163
Posted: 12/14/2008 8:41:48 PM
I'll give a brief insight about how perceptions of "Hotness" colors one's thinking on wider issues, and not positively, either.

Here's was a brief exchange I just had with a woman that apparently had a different take on my profile (btw, she initiated things, not me; her email came out of the blue):

Her: i agree with most.. a serious player, a freak or you suck in bed... one of the 3 im sure

Me: Oh really....what's your excuse for being single, Princess?

Her: Men, men and men!!!

Me: I see....guess you better turn gay then.

I could say the same about your gender...I can’t begin to count how many shallow, vacuous, superficial women I run across that say all the proper things about what they’re looking for, but rush instead to the selfish, egotistical, shallow GQ guys out here.

You obviously think I’m that type of guy, even though my profile says otherwise. But you didn’t read that far or apparently didn’t comprehend just what I was getting at, did you, and instead made a snap judgment about who you "think" I am and lumped me in with all the shark scum that burned you over and over again. I have NOTHING in common with them so don't frickin' judge me that way.

Next time date smarter, and quit going for all the pretty boy losers that love to abuse women like you.

End of transmission....username withheld to avoid incriminating the guilty.
 Indigo rose
Msg: 164
Posted: 12/14/2008 9:00:09 PM
wasn't me. I have always found you to be one of the HAWTEST males around!!!
Yes, beauty is subjective. There’s nothing more personal or individual than what one
finds attractive. No two people will ever agree fully on what’s beautiful.
I know I am pretty ...what? I deal with it!
 Larissan04
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/14/2008 10:32:03 PM
lol! this was the funniest post i've read in a long time. thier was a certain woody allen quality to it that i founnd refreshing.

now, i think the proper balance in life is achived when one has a correct estimation of oneself. you do not disparage yourself and on the flipside you don't think that you are better then you are.

many of the problems in the world could be solved if people simply had a correct estimation of thier own talents, abilities, and yes, LOOKS. i have known more then a few people in need of a reality check when it comes to thier intellect...or rather lack there of.

lara
 ~Hello~
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/15/2008 4:12:46 AM
Oooooooops! I stand corrected. Even I assumed my OP was an obvious joke, til I went and reread it. I'll be returning my toaster today. :(

That being said, I do believe beauty / hotness is an inside job and for 'me' humour is a Huge factor.

I know we each have our own opinion and view on what is or isn't "hot" - and we are all entitled. So - I apologize for my silly attempts to have y'all come to my side of the hotmeter. Last thing I want is a world of clones who all look, act and think alike!! That would Not be hot!

Sorry if I jumped on 'your' post, it was rather arrogant of me. My intention was Not to harm or offend anyone... just to have fun. I do see the err of my ways and I am sorry.

A.S.is

ok ok ok .. sigh .. I'll send the pot back too :(
The coffee pot!!! sheesh >
 psssst
Msg: 167
Posted: 12/15/2008 4:17:08 AM

ok ok ok .. sigh .. I'll send the pot back too :(
The coffee pot!!! sheesh >
Well... just cause you're returning your stuff, doesn't mean that I'm going to send mine back!!!

Oh, and I have it on very good authority that at least one guy on here finds me hot... and it is not because I was haranguing him within an inch of his sanity either... that's just a bonus for his knowing me...
 ladydi8
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2008 4:55:22 AM
as fer coffee pots...i think percolators are tha hottest! do ya'll have one of those kind? ifn ya do thats tha door prize i am aimin fer!

cuz i hate mr coffee drips...actually i hate most things that drip..faucets included! they just aint HAWT!

not like things that go psst or indigo colored roses ....

hey girlfriends...long time no see..

ot...hot is like hot does...or is that purty?
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/15/2008 7:45:17 AM

What I do know about myself, and don't mind sharing with you, is that I don't mind finding myself in situation

A most beautiful and honest statement as you are open to share with us in

what is real and good. Your have a gift. ~smile~

and what other people think about me ~ him ~ them ... let them think and wag their tongues, c'est la vie.

To find a open heart is a treasure indeed...
 shaneyp
Msg: 170
Posted: 12/15/2008 8:42:06 AM
i think those cookies with that "special" ingredient are still obviosly doing the rounds on here,cos its completely bonkers this thread has had me in stitches nearly every time i read it!!!

bless you all for making a guy smile for no reason other than whether or not they are hot or not,some of you should definately take up stand up comedian as a next career move,its great!! and im still none the wiser about the microwaves,lol,but you guys are funny!
 read only
Msg: 171
Posted: 12/15/2008 1:46:16 PM
"Sorry if I jumped on 'your' post, it was rather arrogant of me. My intention was Not to harm or offend anyone... just to have fun. I do see the err of my ways and I am sorry. "

Being able to admit fault gives any woman major HOT points. Than she has humor to go along with it. Now she is smoking hot.

I enjoy your posts A.S.is
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 172
Posted: 12/15/2008 3:20:23 PM

Oh, and I have it on very good authority that at least one guy on here finds me hot...

Only one guy, eh??

All I wanna know is, does "hotness" hold any monetary value?

If so, I'm off to the pawn shop!

See what my hotness is worth. If anything.........
 witchyplus3
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/18/2008 3:14:15 AM
if hotness held a monetary value, i would be a rich woman ,and i would at least get a date i would think??????????????
 shaneyp
Msg: 174
Posted: 12/18/2008 8:57:29 PM
yep i think you would witchyplus3, at least a few bob in your pocket and a few dates too, hey you never know what's round the next corner though
 Blue_Note
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/21/2008 7:00:19 AM

If you think someone is hot, but they do not.. are you cool with that?

A guy who's hot and doesn't realize it - I'm cool with that. He's just being himself going through life, unconcerned about his looks, and that naturalness is confidence in motion.

A guy who's hot and can't accept it - not cool with that. It usually comes with insecurities that find their way into your relationship in other, needy (and sometimes manipulative) ways.

And - as has been said before but I agree with it - hotness is an individual thing. I've heard I'm hot and I see pretty, not hot. So if my guy thinks I'm hot, coolio! If not, I don't care so long as he looks at me with love in his eyes.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?