Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stew_67
Msg: 176
He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
if your hot and know it but not conceited,thats cool.it all boils down to how you apply your hotness or deal with anothers hotness.dont forget theres always the cold shoulder.
if im considered hot to a girl and i consider her hot then happy days and nothing else matters
 motownmaniax
Msg: 177
He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?
Posted: 12/21/2008 8:31:23 AM
As it’s already been brought up many times in here – “Hotness” means much more than the physical or superficial package.

You could have an accident and be badly disfigured tomorrow? You could base your appeal on income, ambition, and how many expensive “things” you’ve accumulated in life, but can lose your job, have your business fail, or be wiped out by bad investments in a heartbeat?

You better have much more going for you, deep down in your core, to weather such catastrophes and still emerge whole. This inner strength is not based on looks, money, or blind ambition, but your character, values, compassion, and humility.

Most people SAY they have those things, but until you’re actually confronted with supreme tests it’s all lip service.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 178
Posted: 12/21/2008 8:56:43 AM
This is an interesting one.

Knowing what you are is not the same thing as knowing what you are "in the perceptions of others".

I am extremely comfortable with who I am. I am self confident but not vain; can still poke fun of myself and don't take life too seriously; and yet give myself completely to doing everything I need to do for my kids; my clients and me. I live life with passion.

But some people consider a woman who is confident a turnoff; they assume she must be controlling or hard. Some find it extremely sexy. My build is extremely curvy; those who like curves adore me; those who like model thin don't. I have a quirky sense of humor which some people get, some don't.

So am I called smoking hot by some? Yes (and it is always nice to hear though I don't live for it) lol Have I been also called "just not my thing?" Also yes.

Do I consider myself hot? I consider myself me. I don't care if I'm hot or not. I just know I'm very comfortable with who I am and where I'm at and what I am. That is what I'm looking for in someone else; comfortable and confident without being vain or self absorbed. Just, real.

Hotness does not depend on how someone else sees one. It is more than that. It is more to me how someone truly "looks" at one and sees, not just that person, but how the person also sees themselves, and how they relate in "aura" with each other. Mitchener Out.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 179
Posted: 12/21/2008 9:08:25 AM
I'll put even simpler -- The minute you start actually "believing" in all the adulation, attention, and worship of your "hotness", you're done.

True humility is not measured in words, but actions.

I HATE blowhards or false modesty. I have radar for such things and can spot people that really buy into their own hype a mile away, and I don't care how hot they are (or they "think" they are). I avoid them like the plague.
 Krissy xo
Msg: 180
Posted: 12/21/2008 9:24:40 AM
It's all about the confidence--and confidence in any person is sexy.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 181
Posted: 12/21/2008 9:46:48 AM
^^^ Beg to differ. It's not "all" about confidence. The most arrogant a-holes I know have a lot of "confidence" going for them, but also suffer a complete lack of humility and sensitivity. Because of all the attention they get, they think they're the center of attention (they "buy into" their own headlines, their own hype) and have a disregard for anything or anyone that isn't part of their own, special, selfish universe.

Confidence without commensurate humility, maturity, and grounding means nothing.

ApplePieFacePlant
Msg: 182
Posted: 12/21/2008 10:08:33 AM
Mowtownmaniax makes a great point:

Confidence without commensurate humility, maturity, and grounding means nothing.

As for the questions posed by OP, as far as strictly looks go, I would definitely not consider myself hot. But I do enjoy my personality & I think that gives me something to find attractive about myself. When I walk into a room, I know there are many "hot" women there, but I like myself and make good conversation so I'm comfortable with me. :)

Plus, isn't that what the off switch on your lights is for?
And blindfolds.
And gags. Screaming in horror at one's nakedness really does take away from the sex.
 Krissy xo
Msg: 183
Posted: 12/21/2008 10:11:56 AM
I didn't say**** I said confidence. I get what you are saying but I think you're confusing 'confidence" with****. Believing in yourself is beautiful being**** about it is not. There are limits however confidence (going by what you are saying, in small amounts) is still sexy no matter what.
 newyorker896
Msg: 184
Posted: 12/21/2008 10:58:07 AM
It does not matter if anyone on planet earth says your hot or not. There are women hot extremely hot and they think they are not. So, I am so cool with that. Does it really matter?
 teejayguru
Msg: 185
Posted: 12/21/2008 11:00:22 AM
I agree that the cost of the effort is sometimes incongruent with a person's portfolio.
 mcbobly
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 11:36:34 AM
In my best Fat **stard voice, "I'm just down right sexy" .....LOL, seriously though, the word "hot" will never be used to describe me unless they're referring to me after I have just finished running after the ice cream man in the summer.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/21/2008 12:10:16 PM
motownmaniax:

I think what you are saying in a different way is you dislike arrogance. To me, arrogance is confidence in a selfish, self abosrbed "God's gift" way.

I also detest arrogance; though I love confidence. It is how a person vieiws the world.

Are they viewing it as Others centric? Do they live trying to be the best person they can be, comfortable with themselves and able to give and receive freely, believing they have something of value to offer others and being happy treating others with decency, respect and kindness as also worthy of value?

Or are they viewing the world in "how does the world see me?" Strutting their stuff "knowing" they're on a stage full of admirers, where their "hotness factor" (i.e. their looks, their money, their famous job, whatever it is) gives them an entree that makes having a personality, manners or decency a nonstarter? False modesty is similar; they "know" they have admirers and coyly pretend otherwise to hear praise and more acclimation.

I am assuming you are referring to the latter in your post of what you detest? If so, agree 100%. If not, I apologize for misunderstanding.

But I also believe sometimes the hottest people are the people who people look past at first glance (the not obvious). As you get to know them, hear their story; see how they relate to the world, see their inner shine through and radiate through their outer beauty (whether they are conventionally beautiful or a little less so) they can end up being blow you away hot. You feel like you found a treasure in a discount store, lucky to have spent the time finding something amazing that most people don't bother looking for at first pass. I am always looking to see what is beyond surface in people, what makes them unique, special and themselves. What I find is always amazing.
 katg88
Msg: 188
Posted: 12/21/2008 7:45:13 PM
a guy who thinks he's not hot, when he is, definitely makes him much hotter!
 whatacrok
Msg: 189
Posted: 12/23/2008 8:10:28 AM

Beg to differ. It's not "all" about confidence. The most arrogant a-holes I know have a lot of "confidence" going for them, but also suffer a complete lack of humility and sensitivity. Because of all the attention they get, they think they're the center of attention (they "buy into" their own headlines, their own hype) and have a disregard for anything or anyone that isn't part of their own, special, selfish universe.

Mo, that deserves repeating!!!!

On the flipside, there are also the folks who hide behind false confidence, too, just because they are afraid to let any one in for fear of getting hurt. JMO.

Back to the OP ... I know I am hot when I have taken care of myself and others ...
I believe that "Hot" is the complete package ... i.e.,
How well one takes care of themselves ...
physically
financially
emotionally
spiritually
... and then how well one extends "care" to others. I tend to enjoy empowering people to see their self worth ... so NO, it does not deminish their HOTNESS if they don't see their greatness ... it is just a hidden treasure in their personality (IMO).

Time to get to work on this!!! Cuz I wanna be a HOTTIE!

Happy Holidays to all. Crok
 ~Hello~
Msg: 190
Hot is an Inside Job - NOT about the Surface Illusion. Toasters are all gone.
Posted: 12/23/2008 8:16:36 AM
OK - now I know I didn't say that Hot had a thing to do with looks!! Stop saying I did! No more toasters, no more pot (coffee pot), no more microwaves.
They aren't hot either.

Hot is an Action word, not a look. IMO
 whatacrok
Msg: 191
Hot is an Inside Job - NOT about the Surface Illusion. Toasters are all gone.
Posted: 12/23/2008 8:25:58 AM
Ooops! Some how you changed the HOT headline with your last post!

Interesting post, OP, you sure got these folks chattering ... 8 pages worth

Have a happy one!

On a less serious note, some of these posts are kind of funny, huh!
 ~Hello~
Msg: 192
Hot is an Inside Job - NOT about the Surface Illusion. Pot's gone too .. coffee pot!! sheesh .. ;)
Posted: 12/23/2008 10:47:28 AM
hahaha whatacrok!

Actually I 'meant' the thread to be in jest, jest fergot to indicate that (enough) in my OP. sigh ..

I kinda think "Most" of the posts in this hot thread are chucklers ..

<< is Hot!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 193
Hot is an Inside Job - NOT about the Surface Illusion. Pot's gone too .. coffee pot!! sheesh .. ;)
Posted: 12/23/2008 1:33:25 PM
OK, after 8 pages, have we finally figured out who's Hot?

All I know is all the wimmens in this thread are Smokin' Hot.....I need to do some road trips.

Hope everybody in the colder climes is keeping warm.
 ~Hello~
Msg: 194
Hot is an Inside Job - NOT about the Surface Illusion. Door prizes are all gone.
Posted: 12/24/2008 5:41:57 PM
Oh yeooo Mo!!! Did you mention 'road trips'??? hmmm that would be hot .. lol ..

It's snowing, it's nice out. But then I have a home to warm up in.. a few thoughts for those who don't have that basic ...

Back! = speaking of Hawt! There are a few mens on this tred whats iz sizzlin' too .. nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean? .. ;) lol .. That little penguin is hot too ..

Hope everyone is doing exactly what they want to be doin right now!

L
 dickwaad
Msg: 195
Posted: 12/24/2008 5:49:42 PM
[Does it really matter if someone else thinks your hot?
What if you don't believe it?
What if You think You're hot, but no one else seems to?
Is it "cool" to know you're "hot" or is that "hot" too?? ]

WHAT?! lol
it's fine if she doesn't think so as long as she lets me think so cuz if i think so then she doesn't really need to think so, as long as she's not too down on her-self, cuz then it's like; i don't think so!
 synergized
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Hot is an Inside Job - NOT about the Surface Illusion. Door prizes are all gone. :devil: ..
Posted: 12/24/2008 5:53:55 PM
I could care less if someone thought I was hot., ummmm...unless I was in droolin over someone for more than his looks! And my idea of hot men..well...it certainly has nothing to do with the famous guys that most women seem to go gaga over.
I agree..hot is an inside job :)
 shaneyp
Msg: 197
Hot is an Inside Job - NOT about the Surface Illusion. Door prizes are all gone. :devil: ..
Posted: 12/24/2008 11:23:23 PM
i know damn well im not hot,i have known this for some considerable time,and it does bother me a bit,because that means that people are judging me on what they see,and not what counts,the person behind the mask.

of course it hurts to think that the vast majority of people,male or female make an instant judgement on just what they see immediately,instead of finding out what the person inside is like,but that is the way of the world we live in today,lets face it,how many of you are opening gifts right now because someone perfectly beautiful was advertising it!?

it's what's inside that counts,and if im not hot,well i guess i will just have to keep plodding along,being an ugly duckling,until one day,i turn into the not so ugly one
 Hearttune
Msg: 198
Posted: 12/24/2008 11:26:55 PM
I pretty much consider myself garbage on the hot scale. It's actually quite liberating.
 ~Hello~
Msg: 199
Posted: 12/25/2008 6:25:31 AM
Well - Thankfully SOME people know that Hot is NOT about Looks - Hot IS about Who you are - Not what you look like. Looks are Temporary and often not even real (makeup, fakeup blahblah).

I feel sorry for people who feel or believe they are "ugly". Honestly can say I've never 'met' an ugly person. I have however seen people get ugly through their words and the way they treat others.

A man who can put a smile on my face is Hot. I don't care for 'magazine' pretty - it isn't real, it is temporary and it makes good people feel bad.

Love Yourself = Hot

Happy 2009!

Happy Festivus!!
 whatacrok
Msg: 200
Posted: 12/25/2008 9:31:24 AM
Happy 2009 to you too, A.S.is Crok
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He Thinks She's Hot.. She Thinks He's Hot - Do you Know You're Hot?