Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Racism in Dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dwf44
Msg: 226
Racism in DatingPage 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I didn't say that your comments were offensive or vulgar. I just think the best approach is to tell someone that "we're not a match". Then block or ignore any future emails from him or her.
 pbtipton83
Msg: 227
Racism in Dating
Posted: 3/30/2009 6:51:08 PM
Ok dwf, you and I have differnts thoughts on that. Its ok. Not everyone has to think the same thing. I find it much easier to be upfront and give them the reason behind why I am not interested, and not just leave them wondering why.
 whispers_song
Msg: 228
Racism in Dating
Posted: 3/30/2009 7:00:39 PM
I clearly state on my profile that I am seeking a black man to date.
That is my opinion! that is what I perfer!! I am entitled RIGHT?
I was messages by this dumb as nails guy when I had turned him down and blocked him he continues to make new profiles and resend me these HATE messages! What do i do to gte rid of him it is odvious POF is not doing anything to protect me!

His last Message:
Hey Miss Ignorant, thought you could block me from replying to your stupid email, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dating black guys IS lowering your standards, just check their average IQ's, crime rates, unemployment rates etc..... and you will see that blacks are definitely on the low end of the totem pole right next to you Native Americans.

His Profiles:

Msbrooky
MtnSun40 The Swordfish
 pbtipton83
Msg: 229
Racism in Dating
Posted: 3/30/2009 7:54:34 PM
Whispers, there is really nothing to do except just contact pof and tell them what's going on. And continue blocking him, or hide your profile or start a new one. You can't totally get rid of him, unless you get off of pof or start a new profile.
 pbtipton83
Msg: 230
Racism in Dating
Posted: 3/30/2009 8:02:14 PM
Also whispers, he is just a stupid racist. I have native american indian in me, does that put me on the end of the totem pole?? No, nobody is at the bottom of the totem pole except for shovenistic a**wipes and racists a** pigs... DON'T let him get to you. That is what he wants. If you do, then he wins and gets what he is looking for.
 soliebtdielerche
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 3/30/2009 9:27:20 PM
I so understand what you're dealing with ... I've seen and heard it firsthand. It makes me cringe when white people say that kind of crap with friends of their own race ... but it's so much worse to say it directly to the person.

I assume that you have been contacting white women, which is good. It shows you've branched out with your preferences, and that you have mentally overcome the prejudice of the culture we live in. Still, there are those people out there. You will run into many more of them in your life, and face many insults ... but you will overcome it.
 soliebtdielerche
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 3/30/2009 9:33:23 PM

All I would like to add to the conversation is that when you speak about
Mexicans PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE GREATEST SINGER
EVER TO BE BORN ON EARTH (AND MAYBE THE UNIVERSE!) WAS
BORN IN MEXICO WITH SPANISH,CHINESE AND JAPANESE ANCESTRY
AND IF THAT IS NOT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL NOTHING
IS AND SHE SINGS WITH SUCH EMOTION AND AFFECT THAT NOBODY
HAS IN MY OPINION EVER COME CLOSE TO HER!!!!!!

Her name is Maria guadalupe araujo YONG also known as Ana Gabriel...

<<<< Approves. She is good.
 Piav
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 3/31/2009 12:04:24 AM
WOW I feel bad for these women that they can not just simply not reply due to their preference in skin color but instead insult and maliciously reply with racist BS. In my view there is One Race the Human one. Do not let these obviously single for a reason chics get to you..... maybe they have to lash out at you because they have no one. You should not stop being kind or trying to respond to women you are interested in
 Green Eyed Doll
Msg: 234
Racism in Dating
Posted: 3/31/2009 1:35:31 AM
A simple, "I am not interested "or no reply would have sufficed if someone is not interested in you. You have every right to be upset at some of the replies you have received.
 mortalez
Msg: 235
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/1/2009 10:20:30 PM
this whole thing puts me in a bind, because of how i was raised must of my hobbies and interests make me unattractive to many women who DO date black men, I have had white women tell me I act too white, go figure.
And women Who DO have interests in common with me arent interested because I am black, go figure again.
 uultramann
Msg: 236
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/2/2009 11:09:30 AM

this whole thing puts me in a bind, because of how i was raised must of my hobbies and interests make me unattractive to many women who DO date black men, I have had white women tell me I act too white, go figure....

What a coincidence! I act too "white" too!

What does that really mean, anyway? Because the way it sounds to me, I am supposed to talk a certain way because of the color of my skin. I'm supposed to like a certain music, watch a certain type of television show, date a certain type of woman. What's the word..?

Culture! That's it. My skin tone is supposed to determine my culture!

I'll go as far as to wager that more than half the people who wont date out of their race think that people of other colors have a 'cultural' difference.
 LCangelofmusic
Msg: 237
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/2/2009 2:59:07 PM
Someone told me that my face looks like I had been drilling with mining equipment, then tried to talk to me weeks later and said he wasn't mean!

I'm Korean and was adopted when I was little by white parents. I was raised in WV. While I have dated white guys primarily, I am open to all kinds of guys, but don't feel attracted to Asians.

I guess all you can do is block them. Don't take their comments personally. I've heard every joke in the book. We have a black president. Some of us have evolved. Others, sadly have not. And they are missing out on a really great guy.
 staceybrewer
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/2/2009 5:11:57 PM
Your hobbies and interests should not be the reason that you are rejected by these women. You need to go to another dating website to where interracial dating is more open and acceptable. There are plenty of other websites out there and you'll be surprised that your response rate will be higher of the number of women who do date outside of their race. I can understand racial preference but don't confuse racial preference with prejudice in dating. Those are two separate things. I guess many white women who come across black men to act too white except them to look, talk street slang, walk, dance, and act black until they run across a few brothers who dont fit that stereotype. I seem to get told by that by some white women so your not the only black man who has been told that you act too white.

The movies, tv, magazines, newspapers and history that tend to play these stereotypes up aren't helping any either. The problem here is that you need to forget those other white women who do not date outside of their race and go to another website besides plenty of fish. I am not saying that you can't meet women here on plenty of fish who date outside of their race but there are not a whole lot of black men on plenty of fish if you compare them to other races of men on here. If there are only about a dozen or so black men on plenty of fish and there are thousands of other races of men here then a womans choices go more with the other races of men. It is what the numbers of single men on here they have to choose from. The same goes true for a black man looking for a black woman if there are only dozen or so single black women on here compared to thousands of other races of women be they white or another race. Then his choices are limited here if he is searching for black women versus a dating website made just for black singles.

If these white women really like you and things click, they should care less about whether your black or any color for that matter. They should like you for the person you are and your color shouldn't matter if they really like you and love you. If they are that self consicious about your color then you don't need to be with anyone like that period. As far as the racist comments and emails you been getting from some women that shows a lot of ignorance on their part because any form of racism is bred off of ignorance. It all goes to their background and how they where raised to believe about blacks and the lies and information that they have been fed through racist stereotypes and beliefs. I wish you well brother, but don't let these women that don't date ouside of their race get you down because theres plenty of fish out there for you.
 UrsulaMajor
Msg: 239
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/2/2009 5:19:39 PM

Someone told me that my face looks like I had been drilling with mining equipment

What the hell? You are beautiful!

There must be something to being large and looking mean, because people don't say half the terrible things to me they say to others.

That's my input for the day -- everyone, consider looking large and mean so people are afraid to say stupid things to you.
 webback
Msg: 240
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/2/2009 7:06:36 PM
Gee quite right!! U go for it TELL EM! That type of behaviour is totally uncalled for those women need a good smack in the face!
 sweet2773
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/2/2009 7:37:04 PM
I just sat here reading 10 pages of comments thinking, "Damn, this is sad."

That has never happened to me and I hope that never happens to you. It doesn't matter who you contact, you should not have to read that type of message. If someone were to reject me, I would hope they would simply say (as some have put earlier), "We are not a match." I don't want to know why we are not a match, nor do I care.
 Mr. BigStuff
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/2/2009 8:01:11 PM
To the op, I've gotten a couple of dates with women outside my race from this site. But if you are seriously looking to get some swirl action try another, most web sites these days allow people to select matches by race unlike POF. In regards to the cruel comments put them out of your mind. There will always be people (at least in our lifetime) who feel that way - you can't change it. Realize they sent the replies to get under your skin and you dwelling on them will only accomplish two things: it will drag you down, and make them happy.
Regarding the earlier comments about acting white, its all about perception. No activity is "white" or "black" but 99% of people simply need to put things in categories. Take Barack Obama for example. Made history as the first black president. He's ALSO the 44th white president. People choose to call him black because his wife his black, goes to a black church and his skin tone. But fact is the man's mixed. Basketball was invented by a chubby white guy but many see it as a black man's sport. Pronouncing your -ings or not, preference in women or activities is all part of who you are just like your skin color is. But none of those have to define you if refuse to let the world limit or label you. As for me, my best friends are white but here I am ... representin all them gangstas all across the world, still hittin them corners and them lolos girls! Takin my time, to perfect the beat and I STILL got my love for the street!
 LCangelofmusic
Msg: 243
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/2/2009 10:10:48 PM
Thank you Ursula.
 mortalez
Msg: 244
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/3/2009 7:03:37 PM

What does that really mean, anyway? Because the way it sounds to me, I am supposed to talk a certain way because of the color of my skin. I'm supposed to like a certain music, watch a certain type of television show, date a certain type of woman. What's the word..?

Culture! That's it. My skin tone is supposed to determine my culture!

I'll go as far as to wager that more than half the people who wont date out of their race think that people of other colors have a 'cultural' difference.

Yeah it was harder back in highschool, because I was the "brotha" girls used to break it in with their parents that they were into black guys. A friend of mine back when i was 19 or 20 put it like this" you dont bring a thug home right off the bat, you start off with an erkel, then a the huxtable, then a dwayne wayne, then you bring home ice cube."

it made since because I was usually the first black guy these girls dated and I would usually get dumped a few weeks later and I would see her with one of those gold tooth "brothaz".
 kthyg
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/3/2009 9:15:20 PM

it made since because I was usually the first black guy these girls dated and I would usually get dumped a few weeks later and I would see her with one of those gold tooth "brothaz".

Ouch! Not fair to use you as the "token black man" to soften up the parents. Hopefully age helps with this one. I actually have a great friend whom I have joked with before that I'm the black man and he is the white woman in the pairing according to the stereotypes. Sometimes you just gotta laugh at all of it and realise that intelligent people will not hold to the stereotypes when all is said and done.
 hip89
Msg: 246
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/4/2009 8:38:04 AM
Yeah it was harder back in highschool, because I was the "brotha" girls used to break it in with their parents that they were into black guys. A friend of mine back when i was 19 or 20 put it like this" you dont bring a thug home right off the bat, you start off with an erkel, then a the huxtable, then a dwayne wayne, then you bring home ice cube."

Interesting theory. Perhaps this is true for some white women. But not for me. I have dated some black men before. However regardless of race, I would not be interested in any man who acted like a geek or a thug.
 PrimeWoman
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/4/2009 9:01:36 AM
OP--
Sadly, some people are just downright rude, insensitive and hurtful.
I may not have a preference to date a naturally suntanned brother, but that does not in any way, shape or form make me racist.
And I would NEVER spew such vitriolic crap in a pathetic attempt to prove my superiority, because I, you and everybody else are of the HUMAN race and deserve to be treated with a basic respect and dignity.
I wouldn't dignify such disgusting remarks, nor waste my time and energy with a response other than to ignore and block.
 Stephalump
Msg: 248
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/4/2009 10:49:51 AM

So do I! We should start a club!
 historian1441
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/5/2009 1:30:43 PM
hey bigstuff good post. i saw maljamal warner(theo) on tv a couple years back and he mentioned that virtually all the black males described their particular shade of hue in the intro. the concept of "not being black enough" has been a constant on black tv for decades. also the racial slurs, oreo, banana,apple,uncle tom(real stupidity, very few people know who uncle tom was) brought by people of color to others of their own race. there was a study done comparing genetics and body features to estimate the % of black/white of many prominent blacks. curiously many of the most racist blacks(jesse etc) were predominantly white. rich or poor ,tall or short, skinny or full-figured, white or tinted were all people. to bad so many aren't able to understand that
 RedSharkGuy
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/5/2009 3:32:25 PM
People are stupid. I agree that it's everyone's right to date whoever they want, racially limited or not, but whoever said those things to you were some foul people.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Racism in Dating