Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Racism in Dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LBA26
Msg: 300
Racism in DatingPage 13 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
the block thingy? yea i saw that thing, it's not so useful anyway, i blocked all the people with high family orientation and non showed up , even without eliminating racial, weight etc etc i had only found two people compatible to the very least.

what would be more useful for me is to block all the people looking for guys in the US... gosh living beside detroit it's like u have 1/4 potential people showing up that need you to live over the river
 james_ny
Msg: 301
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/12/2009 9:17:57 PM
that happens here everyday. if they dont like you race they'll read deleted but some of them are very nasty they'll be upfront.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/12/2009 9:27:28 PM

However to get "go back to africa", "find a date at the gorilla cages at the zoo", and "what self respecting woman would date a N@#$#@", are uncalled for.
Because 9 times out of 10, if people are accusing you of something, they cannot even think it might be in you, unless it's in them. If this is the sort of thing they say, they are so far from intelligent, that it would not be unreasonable to find them in a cage at the zoo, and if you did, you'd probably say the gorilla is the smarter one of the two.

No point taking it personally. It's like if an idiot calls you a moron. Says everything about him, and nothing about you.
 valentino again
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/12/2009 11:02:44 PM
Thank you for your subject and for all people who shared opinion..
I've never felt any problem in dating except after i come here to US.. yet i found racism in both ways.. not only from white's lol.. (My race according to anthrobology is Caucasian white .. LOL).. keep it up..
I still have some crushes .. (bad thing from young people) .. or from some of other sex who think i have alot of money.. LOL..
for myself.. 30 months now never dated at all.. but not all cause of racist thing.. (Which i feel it all the way around me anyway).. other reasons the people who i can cope with is not in my society in now abeing..
you have it.. great topic .. yet as alot of wise people here says.. it is everywhere in everybody in some other ways.. including you , and me..
I prefer certain type of knowledge (Not education), lower limit of etiquitte, and some sort of pleasant heritage background.. (So i can be considered a racist as well)..
Good luck..
 NCPantherFan
Msg: 304
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/12/2009 11:09:39 PM
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/13/2009 1228 AM

However to get "go back to africa", "find a date at the gorilla cages at the zoo", and "what self respecting woman would date a N@#$#@", are uncalled for.
Because 9 times out of 10, if people are accusing you of something, they cannot even think it might be in you, unless it's in them. If this is the sort of thing they say, they are so far from intelligent, that it would not be unreasonable to find them in a cage at the zoo, and if you did, you'd probably say the gorilla is the smarter one of the two.

You are an idiot
 NCPantherFan
Msg: 305
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/12/2009 11:11:51 PM
Racism in Dating
Posted: 12/27/2008 1155 AM
Ok im going to get on a soapbox for a minute because of some things that have happened to me recently so please forgive the rant.

I know some people are not comfortable with dating outside their race and as Americans, we are all entitled to our opinions, likes and dislikes. My problem is the way its communicated. I have gotten replies back form women that range form very respectful, to downright KKK propaganda. For what reason? If you arent interested in someone, why not just say that politely and move on. However to get "go back to africa", "find a date at the gorilla cages at the zoo", and "what self respecting woman would date a N@#$#@", are uncalled for.

True, everyone is here on this site for different reasons. Some to chat with friends, others to lurk harmlessly in the background, some for the forums, and yes hard to believe but some to actually date. Have we as a society become so numb to others feelings that insults can be flung so carelessly and with so much venom? Have we forgotten that a young lady killed herself over comments made on a myspace page? Im not saying that im so depressed or upset that im thinking thoughts of suicide, but c'mon people, words hurt regardless of age or social status.

You cannot help who you love......This race thing is just stupid.....Why does it matter, if you love someone, you love them
 NCPantherFan
Msg: 306
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/12/2009 11:20:21 PM
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/13/2009 251 AM
Racism in Dating
Posted: 12/27/2008 1155 AM
Ok im going to get on a soapbox for a minute because of some things that have happened to me recently so please forgive the rant.

I know some people are not comfortable with dating outside their race and as Americans, we are all entitled to our opinions, likes and dislikes. My problem is the way its communicated. I have gotten replies back form women that range form very respectful, to downright KKK propaganda. For what reason? If you arent interested in someone, why not just say that politely and move on. However to get "go back to africa", "find a date at the gorilla cages at the zoo", and "what self respecting woman would date a N@#$#@", are uncalled for.

True, everyone is here on this site for different reasons. Some to chat with friends, others to lurk harmlessly in the background, some for the forums, and yes hard to believe but some to actually date. Have we as a society become so numb to others feelings that insults can be flung so carelessly and with so much venom? Have we forgotten that a young lady killed herself over comments made on a myspace page? Im not saying that im so depressed or upset that im thinking thoughts of suicide, but c'mon people, words hurt regardless of age or social status.

You cannot help who you love......This race thing is just stupid.....Why does it matter, if you love someone, you love the

Back on topic...Not attracted to Asian men...just me...like it or not................rme..
 Selima
Msg: 307
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/13/2009 12:49:14 AM
This makes me feel very helpless. It could be solved so very easily. People should not be placed in the position that they get responses from people who use racial slurs when rejecting overtures. I don't think there is anything that can be done about the circumstance brownlady describes, in which people (men I assume) write to her out of the blue and say racial things. But she should always report them. But it could be set up to show on your proflie the ethnic and racial background of people you are interested in, so that someone doesn't innocently email a person who is going to respond with a racial attack. People should not have to put up with that!!
 Selima
Msg: 308
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/13/2009 1:24:32 AM

I emphasize....I have had some very nasty and racist emails directed my way....and not by people I contacted, either.......
I hope, brownlady, that you report these people. Whenever it happens, report them and send the email to the mods. This should not be something that is tolerated.
 jajack
Msg: 309
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/13/2009 11:03:01 AM
I think POF should put a racial dating preference option on profiles. That way you would not contact anyone that is nt of the race you desire.
 el lagarto
Msg: 310
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/13/2009 5:50:41 PM
Unfortunately , there always has been, and likely always will be hateful , bigoted , small minded people out there . The origins for their hatred can be varied and numerous - but to me , the bottom line for it continuing is always ignorance , with a refusal to open themselves to any other way of thinking .

And while you can delete them from your mail - we can't delete them from the planet ! Try not to take it personally . Live to be an example of one whose mind is accepting and tolerant . And hope that some where along the way , some of these folks just might find a new loving way to exist !

jqk
Msg: 311
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/13/2009 6:10:27 PM
WoW!..thats some strong content to say to anyone.....it's unfortunate that racism still exist , but i dont see it going anywhere, but the world has come along way.
Ladies lets be proactive describe what your looking for when it comes to race in your profile ..it will help people avoid leaving you a message.....

fellas read the profiles ask for clarification on there preference before you waste your time....

i have no tolerance for ignorance ,jealousy, or stupidity as an adult, not saying that i would react on it (racist remarks) ..i jus let it slide .....my parents raised me with better values like i know yours did .....the way i see your body and mind is a temple....do not allow the negative energies in ....those ladies are living a much more horrid life than you.......wish you all the best personnal encounters ....
 saleemg
Msg: 312
Racism in Dating
Posted: 10/22/2009 7:31:18 AM
Racism still exists... it's sad, but true; Blame that on the media. I should know because I'm arab. Atleast you see black actors and actresses, here music from black people, see tons of black athletes on tv who are more socially accepted than us arabs. The only time you'll ever see or here something about an arab it's on CNN. What we really need to do is bring down the media. I can't get a single reply from a white woman if my life depended on it.
 imsophie1
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 10/22/2009 7:49:02 AM
For all those who delight in throwing ignorant comments, no matter the situation:

'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
 sugania
Msg: 314
Racism in Dating
Posted: 10/22/2009 7:49:42 AM
Lol well im arabic with two mulatto kids trust me racism still exst worse than that i look white so i get middleeasterners who are even racist towards me ...comments like are the kids from the same father? did you adopt..i could really go on...but really why bother ? make yourself the strongest, educated confident person that you can be and screw what other ppl think or say, respond to their ridiculous comments with a smile on your face some ppl dont even know they are being racist ..
 Ruby Darling
Msg: 315
Racism in Dating
Posted: 10/22/2009 8:06:48 AM
I think the only people entitled in the US to tell a black person or anyone else to go back to where they came from are the Red Indians. I'm not sure why a specific race will have a sense of entitlement more than the other in the US, when few centuries ago, it neither belonged to this race or that race.

I'm in England, and I heard many racist things, too. So, it's not limited to the US. However, racist remarks don't hurt me, because I don't hold those who say it in high esteem for me to think they have a saying in the matter. I regard them the same way you'd regard a dog barking at you.
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 316
Racism in Dating
Posted: 10/22/2009 1:57:39 PM
give me their name IDs. I take care of them lol
 LailaFlair
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/17/2010 8:36:16 AM
I totally agree. I'm not a racist person because I choose to date men from my nationality. It's aggressive to shame people for preference. I would never write or think such degrading things of a person, but I am guilty of ignoring their messages. It's the same as if I'm in a bar, if I'm not interested, I just walk away, may be rude, but there's no grey area.
 Captain_Wayne
Msg: 318
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/21/2010 2:29:32 AM
Race has never been an issue for me. I think I speak for most guys of every color when I say that we really do not care what color a woman is if we like her. She is either hot, or she is not hot, whether she is white, black, red, green or purple.
On the other hand, I have noticed that there are quite a few women who develop sexual fetishes about one race or another. In my experience it is usually white women who do this. Some only want to date black guys, some want only Mexicans or Phillipinos, or whatever. There is nothing wrong with this I guess, but if I was a black guy I would be rather offended if some hot white gal only wanted me because of the color of my skin, the same way I would be if a black gal only wanted me because I am white.
 BoazMate
Msg: 319
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/21/2010 6:02:53 AM
What's so difficult in writing back and saying: "Sorry, I'm not interested" or "Sorry, but I don't date outside my race"? Ahhh, yes, being nasty is so much easier??? Sad...
 fashiongal2
Msg: 320
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/21/2010 7:00:24 AM
What's so difficult in writing back and saying: "Sorry, I'm not interested" or "Sorry, but I don't date outside my race"? Ahhh, yes, being nasty is so much easier??? Sad...

IMO stating "I don't date outside my race" isn't necessary either. I don't think a person needs to explain why he or she isn't interested in someone who contacted him/her. A simple "we're not a match" response would be fine.
 mrcs84
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/21/2010 11:17:41 AM
Everyone's a little bit racist
Sometimes.
Doesn't mean we go
Around committing hate crimes.
Look around and you will find
No one's really color blind.
Maybe it's a fact
We all should face
Everyone makes judgments
Based on race.

Today.
So, everyone's a little bit racist
Okay!
Ethnic jokes might be uncouth,
But you laugh because
They're based on truth.
Don't take them as
Personal attacks.
Everyone enjoys them -
So relax!

If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
Even though we all know
That it's wrong,
Maybe it would help us
Get along.

It's true.
But everyone is just about
As racist as you!
If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
And everyone stopped being
So PC
Maybe we could live in -
Harmony!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/21/2010 11:38:09 AM
^^^^ um no, everyone does not make judgements based on race, everyone
doesn't laugh at ethnic jokes and some people actually believe PC is a new word
for manners and social skills.

I will admit to making judgements based on people's level of stupidity, I will also
admit I think there are some people we can do without (pedophiles and rapists come
to mind), but I hardly think that makes me racist.

I think racism is something you are taught...and some people just embrace it with more gusto than others.
 pirateheaven
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/21/2010 12:23:58 PM
If you think the whole human race racism is difficult, try the inter-species dating scene. They would just as soon melt your eyeballs than to dismiss you.
 sweetlikesugarcane
Msg: 324
Racism in Dating
Posted: 9/21/2010 6:42:26 PM
Listen guys, this is the United States. The majority of people in the majority ethnic group have racial prejudices. They hold on to them, nurture them and teach them to their children- as evidenced in this thread.

I just don't understand why the (long gone) OP kept pushing the issue....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Racism in Dating