Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you believe a woman when she says ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 barbee1970
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Do you believe a woman when she says ...Page 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Actually, I am not a Sports fan and I will admit it. If a guy is, that's o.k. I will be honest, but when there is a big game like Bears, Sox, etc, people try to pressure me into leaning towards one team. I get C'mon! you must like one team, now which is it? None.

I like certain dog breeds and such, but I will not pressure anyone about my interests.
 I got fooled, yet again
Msg: 102
Do you believe a woman when she says ...
Posted: 1/17/2009 11:40:17 PM
"Can anyone actually name any male tennis stars? Roger Federer, Andy Roddick, Rafael Nadal Parera, Ivan Lendl and the incomparable Boris Becker. Did I mention Bjorn Borg???"

I don't know why we are so stuck on Wimbledon. What about the Mmbasai Cup winners? Ndagra Ammen, Derigendi t'Chuva, Engdrar Brahh, and many others.

Or the New Delhi Cup, the famous Ranghawasahawimi Naradadzer cup winners? Daruwala Jehangir, Shra Ni Chimnoy, Dr. Benjamin R. Rosenfeld, Sadrazanaade Kiwanarahamajarahandazan, Rita Nagharanamjcharanamannajarah, (I am not sure about the first j in the name, my apologies if I erred), Nikita Khrushchev, and Bonga Rimadarahanjahar?
 kthyg
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 12:27:30 AM
I think I need to talk to my Mom about the scuba diving thing. I'm sure she will be intrigued to learn that she took it up at the age of 50 in order to pretend to like it to catch a man since she's been happily married to my Dad for 30+ years.
 crimsonandthewhite
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/18/2009 2:13:30 AM
i think people in general will fake "interests" hoping to attract and or impress someone

i live on the border of oregon/idaho ...and one of the best things to do here is camping and fishing, hunting you name it

i personally love fishing and camping

if a girl says she loves football and LIKES beer i might question it but it is very possible so always give benefit of the doubt

i openly express my dislike for football , i can hang when its game night but dont expect me to keep score

if a guy tells me he likes girly things to do like shopping for clothes,,getting hair down . likes to watch chick flicks..............., THREE things cross my mind......he is a tad bit narcissistic, tad bit homesexula or was raised by women and had no father figure
 Ismene1
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/18/2009 2:26:59 AM

if a girl says she loves football and LIKES beer i might question it but it is very possible so always give benefit of the doubt

Oh my goodness: I love beer. No need to pretend about it. Good beer though, none of that Coors or Bud or other yuk. Why on earth would you question it if a female says she likes beer? Would a women really sit around and drink beer with her guy if she didn't like it? I developed my liking for beer many years ago when I lived in Germany for a year. Before that, I always drank wine while the guy's were drinking beer. That was in the States before I learned what real beer tastes like. But, anyway, I never pretended to like something I didn't like just to get along. Really, do you think many women/people do that???? Actually, some men really do like shopping. Not a lot, I admit. (I hate it myself.) But I've heard them say so, and I believe them. So, I don't think a guy who likes to shop is somehow warped. That's a tad bit narrow minded.
 damechaton
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/18/2009 2:54:02 AM
Now Tim, that is down right sexiest. However, if you wish to have your nails done by all means..lol. Yes I enjoy rock climbing, ice fishing, camping, sking, piloting (yes a plane, I am take courses), hiking and much more activities were I get my hands dirty. I truly hate sewing and scrap booking OMG...Barf and my hair I do myself dear.

Now let's get real, seems to me you are experiencing machodenialism. Is it that you could not handle a woman actually doing all these things?
 scorpiomover
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 4:51:16 AM

Do you believe it when a woman claims to like men things such as football, boxing, rock climbing, hiking, fishing, hunting, camping, sking, skydiving, scuba diving, tennis, hand ball, and so on?
Lots of people claim they like stuff. But if they DO, they know about it, as much as men. Like you can take them rock-climbing, and they can do it properly.

As Dr. Phil is known to say, "Let's get real." Men invented all those things mentioned earlier, not women. For that matter, can you think of a single sport or outdoor activity that women invented?
I don't know WHAT women invented. I CAN tell you some of what women play. Netball. Badminton. Gymnastics.
 Ninki
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/18/2009 4:59:32 AM

Oh my goodness: I love beer. No need to pretend about it. Good beer though, none of that Coors or Bud or other yuk. Why on earth would you question it if a female says she likes beer?

I second that! Being German, I'm almosr required to like beer, right? I have one every night in fact, and many Americans see that as a red flag. Here, if you drink more than two or three times a year, you're considered a problem-drinker.

N.
 Ismene1
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/18/2009 5:13:33 AM
I second that! Being German, I'm almosr required to like beer, right? I have one every night in fact, and many Americans see that as a red flag. Here, if you drink more than two or three times a year, you're considered a problem-drinker.

Sometimes I'm like one of the guys. For example, sometimes, when a group goes out to dinner, after dinner, here in Vienna, we go to one of the coffee houses/cafes. Some people want coffee and cake, but I can't handle coffee late in the evening, so I have a drink,usually beer. It is usually that all the women are having coffee, tea or wine, and I and most of the men are having beer. Sometimes I even end up at a table alone with the guys drinking beer. Unfortunately they are all either too young, too old, gay or married...or it's somebody from work,which is a no no...

Problem drinker? Absolutely no way. It's generally social, but I will sometimes have a beer, glass of wine or even a cocktail at home, alone. But not on a daily basis by any means.
 german chick 1968
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/18/2009 8:12:58 AM
well , so now , we have a bottom line ,,
we all can put all the right/wrong things on our profile, we can all stick to the truth or pretend we are something we realy not ....
to us we doing all the right things in the hopes , we may find our 1 true love and, we all kinda hoping when that day comes we can get out of here .
but reality is , that no matter how good /bad the profile is , there will always be somebody that does not agree with you ....
and you know why ???
because we are not compatible ,..... so befor you question somebodies motive try to put your self sin their shoes . maby they opened them selfs up a bit and are willing to learn about different things , maby they thought that if they add more of that stuff a guy/girl would show more interest ....
people do get lonly and we are all looking for that little bit of happyness... and some play with hot cards ...
oh and to that one poster that already had to make a nasty remark, ( you dont like my spelling , dont read what I write , I am trying here , english is not an easy thing to learn)
So thats JMO
 Incuubus2113
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 8:25:48 AM
OP, you're living in a marginalized world all your own. Today a lot of women enjoy "guy" things to the point that it's kind of ridiculous to call them "guy" things anymore. Yes, I do believe them when they say they like those things.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 10:12:47 AM
I think the OP wasn't being sexist. Girls many times suffer from the "disease to please". I know I used to. Boyfriends would try to push all kinds of things that I wasn't crazy about, and a few times I kind of "lost myself" with them telling me what I "should" like or "should" be doing, when the only person it would benefit is them. If a woman is really "into" something anyone that is into the same thing should be able to have an in depth conversation about the subject if she is not a poser. Just like if a man told me he is a musician, I would be able to ask enough questions to find out to what extent. Many women are not liars and many men are not liars, but some are just simply misguided.
 UrsulaMajor
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/18/2009 10:22:44 AM
I get C'mon! you must like one team, now which is it? None.

Pick the team with the cutest outfits or the cutest player(s).

Well, I gave up three minutes of my life to do a search to find out if women invented any sports. Nothing. But I *did* find out something interesting I did not know from a book called "Women Invent!" by Susan Casey:

These inspiring stories of women inventors take the reader on a step-by-step journey through the process of inventing. Women inventors whose ideas have made work easier include Sybilla Masters, who gained an English patent in 1715 for a mill to grind corn, and Josephine Cochran of Illinois who invented the dishwashing machine in 1886.

Hey, so a woman invented the dishwasher! Cool. Men are always claiming they invented all the labor-saving devices women use. So there! I guess...

Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/18/2009 10:41:52 AM
I just love how some people assume that a woman claims to love sports merely to attract a man or please their boyfriend. Some females love sports and outdoor activities for the sheer enjoyment of it.

I should get my 21-year old daughter to read some of these posts. She's been active and into sports since she was a little girl. She has played baseball, rugby, volleyball, inline hockey, has been a trained boxer for years and she snowboards. She does it because she loves the competition of sport and loves the adrenalin rush of the more physical endeavors. She would have a heyday with some of the skeptical posters on this thread who would claim she does it to attract guys..not to mention the OP! LOL

Now if I could get her to sit and watch a ball game with me, I would be happy. She is bored by the third inning. Same goes for golf, she won't take lessons with me because she finds golf too boring!
 Carrie Bradshaw™
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 11:23:52 AM
I can only speak for me but I have found that some men think I only pretend to like UFC and WWE because it will get me points with them. I have had many men in real life or on here get shocked when I can actually keep up a conversation about these sports and at times know more than they do about these sports. Then they tell me they only thought I pretended to like these for the points.

I don't pretend to like anything for anyone because what is the point of that. I'll only be found out and if I would lie about something so small, what else will I lie about? And I am comfortable to either say I like something or not no matter if it's popular to like it or not.

~Carrie
 startle
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/18/2009 11:29:23 AM
women have little interest in sports and outdoor activities. they do fake interest to appear more well-rounded. i have never discussed sports with another woman. i have never heard two women discussing sports. women believe because they have attended sporting events and enjoyed it, they have an interest in sports. how many times have you seen two women go to a sporting event together? i have no interest in any sports and admit it. i do like to watch boxing though. i tell guys what i really want to do. if you don't say what you really want, you won't get it. guys know who i really am and what i really want.
 Ismene1
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/18/2009 11:36:50 AM

women have little interest in sports and outdoor activities

Speak for yourself. My experience is just the opposite.

they do fake interest to appear more well-rounded. i have never discussed sports with another woman. i have never heard two women discussing sports.

Maybe this is the world you live in, your milieu. In my world--educated, active, fit women with many interests--we/they do have an interest in sport and sports, are not tomboyish by any means, and discuss sport and sports with each other.

Also, I know no women who fake an interest in anything to attract or keep a man's interest: they don't need to as they are interesting, complex, beautiful women who attract men without playing games (pun not intended, but it's kinda cool)
 Captain Calico Jack
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/18/2009 1:12:49 PM

I have noticed a lot of women tend to be like chameleons taking on the interests of whatever man they are with at the time. One guy she dates like rap, now she likes rap. The next likes country, now she likes country.

Well, I won't deny trying out the interests of people I want to spend time with. But there is pretending to be something you're not in order to be liked on one hand, and there is being inflexible and set in your ways on the other, and in between those two extremes is a whole range of much healthier attitudes. Like not pretending to like things you hate, but being open minded to trying things you don't know you like...yet. I've been introduced to a whole range of things I wouldn't otherwise have tried through friends, and wound up enjoying lots of them.

Oh my goodness: I love beer. No need to pretend about it. Good beer though, none of that Coors or Bud or other yuk.

Ha ha, I am the same. I love beer, better than wine or coolers or****ails, but it took a decent micro-brewery (introduced to me by a woman, btw) to get over my initial Coors/Canadian-inspired distaste for it. Lots of women say they hate beer when they have only tried some shite american beer, and then (for obvious reasons-- it tastes like crap) not cared to experiment further, but that is like saying you hate chinese food when you have only tried greasy take-out, or you hate chocolate, when all you know is sugary Nestle crap, or you are not interested in music when you have only heard techno.

Today a lot of women enjoy "guy" things to the point that it's kind of ridiculous to call them "guy" things anymore.

Exactly. Well and succinctly put.

And all you tennis fans, I bow down to your superior knowledge. I only meant the women's sport is better publicized.
 compleat_man
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/18/2009 1:20:43 PM
hahah the funny thing is, I am not a fan of pro sports at all.

I've met plenty of women who are more into sports than I am

they seem disappointed as a 'guy' when I am not

I am more interested in playing & participating in sports than watching.

I might follow the Tour de France each year, that's about it! :)

same for fishing& hunting.. I know women who like it more than I do.. ;)
 10of6
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/18/2009 1:29:35 PM
Crap, I don't even like but maybe 1/3 or those things. That doesn't mean I'm a girl, yo. It's okay until she gets competitive with you and begins calling you "Girly man."
 singlemalenbama
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/18/2009 1:48:03 PM
Hey Guy,
The last time I looked women had the same choices and freewill as men to be who they wish to be as individuals. Women can like or dislike what they want as long they don't impose on others rights doing so and the same goes for men as well. And what does it matter who invented what as long as you both can enjoy quality time together. Women are not made to be custom tailored and designed to suit us men and women will let you know that, lol. I'm not being ugly, but you come off with this post as seeing women that way. If that's what your looking for, you may want to look into cyborg technology for a programmable fem bot if that's the case. Personally, I've learned to take profiles on any site, dating or otherwise, with a grain of salt ( as we all should, my profile included ) till I get to know a person in person so I can see for myself if they are what they say. Just my thoughts.... Paul
 SweetSmartNSassy2
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/18/2009 2:01:31 PM
Let me see, now.....things I've done in my life and loved:

hiking, camping, horseback riding, trail rides, motorcycles, baseball, ice hockey, beer, war movies, cars, driving, channel surfing, sex, dogs, horses.

baking, reading, knitting, embroidery, cooking, cats, Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, playing on the computer, museums, art galleries, sight-seeing, dining out, wine, travelling, airplane trips.

now, which are enjoyed by both genders? to a large extent, BOTH!

OP, please let me know which men invented which sports? did you know that knitting is very therapeutic and is recommended for recovering wounded warriors? men have been some of the best chefs down through history. women have won horseback competitions. men like cats, too.

hey, Startle, speak for yourself! I've followed the NY Mets since 1962 and have been a Baltimore Orioles fan since 2003. just because you don't like sports does NOT mean other women don't. and it doesn't mean we're men in drag, either. get with the program!

just for the record, I've never faked an interest to attract or keep a guy. I will watch a football game and even enjoy it, but he has to get the beer!

dang, in the 21st century, with a new president waiting in the wings, I thought maybe, just maybe, these stupid gender-specific ways of thinking might have been put to rest!
 cosmocountrygirl
Msg: 123
Do you believe a woman when she say...
Posted: 1/18/2009 2:22:06 PM
I would have to say that it all depends on the girl I was raised around old cars and can best most men in a conversation about them as well i can fix my skidoo when it breaks down on the ice and know my way around the motor of a car in todays society it has become more exceptable for women to do things that were once considered for men only and as there are a lot more single parent families guys are being raised by mothers and learning things that they otherwise wouldn't have paid attention to and girls are being raised by there dads and are also learning things they otherwise would have had no interest in. Its easy to tell though just ask a couple questions and ask a question that they can't just google a quick answer for. Some guys really dislike that I know more about cars then they do some find it quite attractive it all depends on the situation really so I wouldn't worry about it too much
 elabs911
Msg: 124
Do you believe a woman when she say...
Posted: 1/18/2009 2:28:30 PM
LOL OMG

This is a serious post ?

Ill tell ya something OP.
In all my time instructing free fall rapel for the military, I found females to be more dexterous than the men. But...hey I shouldn't have even been there in the first place, having a vagina and all.

Do us a favor and don't reproduce.
 Incuubus2113
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 2:32:41 PM

women have little interest in sports and outdoor activities. they do fake interest to appear more well-rounded. i have never discussed sports with another woman. i have never heard two women discussing sports. women believe because they have attended sporting events and enjoyed it, they have an interest in sports. how many times have you seen two women go to a sporting event together? i have no interest in any sports and admit it. i do like to watch boxing though. i tell guys what i really want to do. if you don't say what you really want, you won't get it. guys know who i really am and what i really want.

Wow. You're totally clueless about women then.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you believe a woman when she says ...