Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you believe a woman when she says ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Enchanted107
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Do you believe a woman when she says ...Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Huh, are you for real? I like baseball, swimming, hiking and self-defense. I like home improvement as well. And I am not pretending. I wish I could pilot a plane and I don't particularly believe in Dr. Phil, either. So, it's up to you to believe me or not. Oh, wait, I don't like boxing. Never have and never will! And I will never pretend I like it. I will not watch it even if somebody pays me.

I know a guy who can sew and macrame and yes, bake better than any woman I know. And he is not gay by all standards.

Ok, what were we trying to extrapolate again?
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 152
Do you believe a woman when she says ...
Posted: 1/19/2009 8:20:39 PM

As a woman do you feel pressured to pretend in order to compete with other women who do?

No. He either likes me or he doesn't. I'm not the type to **** and moan about his watching sports all weekend or going out with his buds to see/watch these events either, so I think he'd be pretty thrilled with me regardless.
 TimothyPaul001
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/19/2009 8:26:28 PM
Hi elabs911,

From your posts and profile, it sounds like you were in the army once. So I feel you deserve a reply.

Thanks for protecting me and other Americans, as well as defenseless peoples throughout the world. We owe you and others like you more than we really know or can ever appreciate. Make no mistake about it, I have the utmost respect for your military service.

Still, I truly believe women have no business being soldiers. And God willing, someday they will be nothing more than a footnote in history, an example of feminism taken to an absurd extreme. It's not that women can't make good soliders. They can.

It's just that they have another job where they can make even greater contributions to the well being of America and the world. That job is being a mother. Being a mother is tough enough without a woman having been through the horrors of war.

Sincerely,

Timothy
 I got fooled, yet again
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/19/2009 11:13:24 PM
Now, for a different direction in engenderization.

I hate sports. I hate doing them and watching them. Hockey is a joke. They are doing a job, their heart is not in it like it used to be.

Football. A bunch of unruly men behaving in an unruly manner, constricted by more rules than the new mortgage-department in my local bank is.

Baseball. Incomprehensible. If you hadn't grown up with it, you might as well go see a gluchka match betwee teams in the planet Zork. People look like urinals on that planet, excep they don't have a head.

Basketball. I HATE THAT SPORT. I'm 5'4". Now you know why.

Boxing. I like to watch that. Kick boxing, ultimate, cage-fighting, etc. etc. are cruel sadists-pleasers, performed by sadists. But boxing is a fight. My adrenaline goes up, and so does my testosterone level, while at the same time feeling righteous and moral and quite her0-like during the bout. In case you were wondering, I don't box, I watch. I haven't hit anyone in forty years, and nobody hit on me for at least two hours. My aunt used to like to give me a slap and even throw ashtrays at me. That good ole', golden-hearted, psycho aunt of mine. I am not kidding. Gad, I miss her not.
 I got fooled, yet again
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/20/2009 12:20:18 AM
Timothy, I would like to ask you a serious question.

How many women from this site asked you out since you've started this thread? I am asking because: 1. No publicity is bad publicity. 2. As much as a lot of people look cannibalistically belligerent, there must be a whole slew of them who either secretly respect you or secretly despise you to such an extent that they put you on a pedestal. 3. Some women who don't post may like you tremendously. Remember, during the Nazi era there was a movement by Jewish people in Germany who sided with the apartheid there. This was early on. By 1940 all of these people abandoned this ridiculous movement, due to having being massacred. I am just saying this to draw the parallel between these unfortunate souls and those women who seek you out to date you.

My suspicion that not everything is bad is supported that you do put in a post into your own thread from time to time, I guess to sustain the fire, so to speak. A new log. So to speak. Why would he bother? I asked, if it weren't working out for him?

My other suspicion is that sorry, I don't mean to brag, but lots more women take the bother to contact me than before. I researched this, and the avalanche of contacts started at almost the exact time that you posted the original post on this topic.

Don't quit, man. Ever. I beseech you. If you ever quit sustaining this thread, I become the sorry shaped nobody again that I had always been.
 n2art
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/20/2009 1:10:13 AM
It depends on her genuine enthusiasm and knowledge. You'll find out in a one on one situation if those likes and dislikes are real. Give her some time. Personally I may appreciate the discipline and stamina required of certain sports and not be interested in watching or participating in them.
 elabs911
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/20/2009 4:27:05 AM
EH....Enough said.
I am Canadian.
You are just another ignorant American.
No more valdation to your conversation.
 Spoken For
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 5:10:07 AM
Yeah, I bet that girl high school wrestler I know of is just pretending to like wrestling, so the guys will like her. I know how impressed they are with her, when she's pinning them to the mat.
 Spoken For
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 5:13:33 AM

You are just another ignorant American. No more valdation to your conversation.

So, being an American means their conversation is not valid? You are showing YOUR ignorance. (Oh, and "validation" has an "i" in it, just after the "l".) Hope that helps.
 luvmygirl
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/20/2009 6:19:28 AM
I love camping...it is my all time favorite thing to do. I go two weeks every summer. Once in july and once in August. In a tent! Yes...I have a screen tent, keep everything in huge tupperware containers, bring along the grill, and have a coleman stove and lantern. I prefer campgrounds to woods...sorry, but I like a toilet even if it's an outhouse. I'm all for peeing in the woods...but there are some weeks that that is just not suitable for a girl to do.

Fishing is another thing I love. I get my license every year. I almost always catch my limit. I know where to go, and what times of the year to catch what I want. I have my own pole and tacklebox. Sometimes, I even dig my own worms. I bait my own hook, catch my own fish, take them off the hook, and put them on my stringer all by myself. Then I take them home and clean and cook/freeze them myself too! It is relaxing, fun, exciting when you get a fish on, time in the sun...or rain if you really wanna catch a lot...what's not to love. Not all girls are afraid of getting dirty...and yes, I have been seen fishing in my jean skirt and pink shirt...who cares?

I don't hunt. I'd feel too guilty to shoot an animal. But I'd have no problems with cooking and eating them...delicious! Way better than you will ever buy in the store. I do however enjoy shooting guns by way of target practice, or cans in the sandpit. I'm a great shot!

My dad taught me to love all of these things. I was a tomboy as a kid, and I still enjoy those activities though now I just look prettier doing them. I'd never lie about the things I love to get a guy...otherwise I'd put hiking or snowboarding on my profile...though I woud love to learn to snowboard one day...

True enough though...there are girls that will say anything to get a guy...I'm just one of the rare few that doesn't have to.
 SweetSmartNSassy2
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/20/2009 7:00:53 AM
And God willing, someday they will be nothing more than a footnote in history, an example of feminism taken to an absurd extreme. It's not that women can't make good soliders. They can.

wow, how GENEROUS of you to say that women can make good soldiers! do you ever go back and read what you've written? such drivel!

women have been making history since the beginning of time. we're more than just a "footnote." how much more insulting can you be?

what problems do you have that you need to look at women in such a light? someone challenge your masculinity somewhere in your past?

your ideas and views are as outdated as 8-track tapes. I don't know what you do for a living, but you may consider becoming a catholic priest. your comment about making a greater contribution to America by being a mother fits right into their job description.

I need to leave now and oil my second baseman's glove....
 TedJMill
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 10:27:15 AM

Do you believe it when a woman claims to like men things such as football, boxing, rock climbing, hiking, fishing, hunting, camping, sking, skydiving, scuba diving, tennis, hand ball, and so on?

I'd believe her but decide not to date her, since I'm a man who doesn't like any of those things.
 elabs911
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/20/2009 2:26:17 PM
He is ignorant because he make assumptions about women.
He is ignorant also because he assumes all posters are American.

I don't believe all Americans are ignorant, but I do feel a lot think that the world revolves around them and their politics. I would argue that alot of Europen and Eastern Nations feel the same. Take a look at the economic, and military crisis the United States has gotten itself into. It will need to find friends in a hurry to fix its global reputation, but I digress.
God bless OBAMA and his diversity.

I never claimed to be the worlds best at spelling.....we all have flaws.....However it is the CONTENT which interests me.
 Looking4mystar
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 2:32:45 PM
Wow Timothy I'll bet you got lots and lots of folks to look at your profile and so many of them women. You even got to see what they liked and what they thought about your attitude. LOL, good luck
 *topchef*
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/20/2009 2:58:39 PM
Anyone remember the movie "Pleasantville"....it seems our OP is still living in his black and white world.

I wonder what Joan of Arc would have thought about his comments on women soldiers??
 Sincerelady5
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/20/2009 3:22:51 PM
I like things such as football, hiking, fishing, camping, tennis, football.
And, do not feel pressured to say this to gain a man's approval of me for a date.

I think a woman may have invented outdoor picnic!

Some men love to shop, have his hair done, sew, scrap book, cook. Does this make him less than a man, I think Not!

One of the qualifications you have to have for my mate is you have to know how to cook. I've met several men who know how to cook and one is a Chef.
 Incuubus2113
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 3:25:49 PM

EH....Enough said.
I am Canadian.
You are just another ignorant American.
No more valdation to your conversation.

Wow. I wouldn't get so mad if someone called me a Canadian. I guess it's because I don't hate Canada.
 desert wildflower
Msg: 168
Posted: 1/20/2009 3:38:45 PM
Well, I am female and my favorite past times are canoeing, fishing, climbing rock formations, Outdoor photography, going to national parks. I really dislike clothes shopping, having my hair done, spa`s. HATE IT. But I really am not into the whole sports team thing and watching games, however I do enjoy a good playoff once in a while. I do keep myself pretty, wear makeup and polish and wear dresses.So I guess according to the OP, I have both legally male and female interests, so I must be kind of Bi or like a half woman or something, an "It" person.

I`ve dated guys who absolutley love to shop for themselves, and drag me to stores, won`t do anything out of doors, and go to the salon monthly for hair cut, color and manicures. They must be "Its" too.

I should thank the OP for enlightening us all in what females should like to do and for what males should like to do. Only now has the light come on as to what my problem is. I`m not a real woman. I must be some asexual being in between ,because I bait my own hook. Sometimes I like to get on top too. That is probably part of being an "it "too.

Sorry, OP , but what in the heck cave did you crawl out from? Have you ever interacted with humans before? Unbelievable!
 bentwood216
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 5:12:50 PM
They're gonna slaughter you!
 clmflygirl
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 5:19:55 PM
You're kidding, right? Please tell me you are kidding.
 elabs911
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/20/2009 5:54:31 PM
I definately do not HATE Americans, in fact I hate no individual or group. I do dislike ignorance. And I will speak my opinion not aiming to please you. I have the freedom and the right. And I have earned it.
If my quote for not validating this conversation was misinterpreted...please understand, it would not be due to the OP being an American, it would be due to him being an ignoramous. As in, this thread, deserves no validation with retort. Why was it not deleted ?

I do find it rather IRONIC that I was told to "shut up", for stating my opinion.
If anyone would like to discuss politics with me I am open for a great conversation. Send me a message, I welcome it ;)
DIGRESSED FROM ORIGINAL TOPIC............................

Based on the OPs comments...females who are unable to bear children due to medical condition or age should just go kill themselves right ? I mean they would have nothing else to contribute to society, right ?

BTW? That is a tongue in cheek statement if you diddn't get it.
 *JustAnotherGirl*
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 6:08:04 PM
Umm.. since when is enjoying outdoor activities a "guy" thing to do?

I participate in a *lot* of organized outdoor activities through universities and rec centers such as going backpacking, wall climbing, tennis, snowboarding, etc. There are more women on these events then men. Granted, that may be because they are "organized" events, but it just goes to show you that there are lots of women who enjoy these activities.

Now you won't catch me watching football or boxing though. Double yawn. But I probably know more random hockey trivia than you do!
 serenity60
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/20/2009 6:13:11 PM
This thread is STILL going!!! Oh well I got pulled in again. OP, you are a troll. First you start insulting women and sports, now you are trying to insult women as solders. I live in Canada and I thank God for ALL the troops in Canada and the USA.
Some people will do anything for attention. You must be a very lonely little man.
 desert wildflower
Msg: 174
Posted: 1/20/2009 6:18:40 PM
I think to explain the dillusional belief system of the OP, it is just one of those things that happens. With certain people, you could put almost any proof or fact in front of them, and they will still cling to a totally fabricated belief system, something that apparently they need to believe in order to be comfortable. It has no basis in reality, but they choose to believe it anyways. I don`t understand it, but people often believe all sorts of crazy things with no basis. Even when proven wrong. Pretty crazy. He needs to date someone that fits into his fabricated stereotype , therfore proving the validity of his pidgeonhole belief. I`m sure he will find that. Doubt if he will go out hiking with a lady in the future.
 Spoken For
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 8:27:42 PM
I don't believe all Americans are ignorant, but I do feel a lot think that the world revolves around them and their politics.

Really? How do you know anything about our politics? could it be because YOUR media is constantly and forever covering it and most likely propagandizing it to death? You probably don't even get half the story, just the story your biased media wants you to hear.

Maybe if other countries would mind their own business and tend to their own festering problems, you wouldn't hear so much about "our" politics. If the "world revolves around american politics," it's because the rest of the world is sticking their nose into them, not the other way around!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you believe a woman when she says ...