Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you believe a woman when she says ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SilverStarboy
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Do you believe a woman when she says ...Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Well a lot of girls I have met like all of the above. I dont think that just because I man invents something that a woman cant enjoy it and vice versa
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Do you believe a woman when she says ...
Posted: 1/20/2009 10:04:04 PM

Maybe if other countries would mind their own business and tend to their own festering problems,

How ironic.

I live in Canada. I have access to Canadian, American and overseas news. Consequently, one gets the story from all different angles. I hate to break it to you, "spoken for", but Americans are subjected to a lot of propaganda, the most glaring recent example being that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, giving Americans free reign to destroy a country...which also harkens to the above quote.
 jessel
Msg: 178
Posted: 1/20/2009 11:14:34 PM
some women prolly do pretend and there are those that do not...so what's the problem - you saying you aren't smart enough to write a few emails to figure out if someone is real or not. If a man told me he really was into having his hair done, i just wouldn't be interested since it's not what i'm all about anyway ... Neither am i about the others you mentioned. i am, however, a straight female.
 DeagleNINja2
Msg: 179
Posted: 1/21/2009 5:30:35 AM
Tim, perhaps they do like watching sports, just not for the same reasons most men do?

You know, kind of like we can tolerate women's figure skating

But yes, there are far too many people (men and women) pretending to have an interest in things simply to catch a fishie.
 wild heart
Msg: 180
Posted: 1/21/2009 7:08:22 AM
I know absolutely nothing about politics, but

Maybe if other countries would mind their own business and tend to their own festering problems

I'm sure that's an attitude that will get all of us nowhere. Lots of countries attempt to tend to their own problems in the wrong way.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 7:50:22 AM

You know, kind of like we can tolerate women's figure skating

I bet men would be suddenly very interested if it was Nude Women's Figure Skating though.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 7:53:23 AM
Living on the same continent .. that being .. North America, Canadians get the CNN channel... We know what is happening to the USA just as much as Americans do. Don't blame Canadians for the very news that your own country feeds to the rest of the world. You are what you are. Lil Brooker speaks the truth as the rest of the world sees it... Own it... It is what it is.

This topic was about women who pretend to be something they are not. Lets not make the subject about a country that thinks they are something that they are not, or what they pretend to be.
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 183
Posted: 1/21/2009 8:30:20 AM
You are so right, wishes granted. elabs went off-topic with his ranting on page 5 (msg 124). Let's not feed the troll any further!!
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 8:53:53 AM
Well thanks for the acknowledgement Sweet.. but Elabs is a woman.. a brave and courages military woman, actually. I believe she stated her opinion (which she has the right to do) and was attacked for it... which somehow escalated into a nationality conflict that was not started by her. ("someone's" assumption that she was American and that "woman have no business in the military" started it) In any event.. yes, lets not feed the troll(s) whomever they may be.

Edit to address post below: That's okay.. You're Canadian.. we're well known for our politeness ... Eh! *grinz - and passes the maple syrup*
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 185
Posted: 1/21/2009 9:13:57 AM
LOL See what happens when I do not put my reading glasses on!!!! Oops...Sorry!!!!
 catkin2007
Msg: 186
Posted: 1/21/2009 9:26:07 AM
OP, as a woman who likes football, has season tickets for a football team, I'd say yes. As a woman who has scuba diving gear and enjoys diving, yes. As a woman who enjoys hiking, yes. As a woman who enjoys fishing, yes.

My Ex used to laugh at me for cross stitching all the time. I said it got my mind off things and gave me pleasure. He tired it one time and found it was relaxing to him as well. So he enjoys it and has done several civil war scenes.... so for a person whose husband actually liked to shop for projects, yes.... I do.

Does it really matter who invented what if someone enjoys doing so. Isn't the whole thing supposed to be about enjoying life together and sharing interests and activities and hoping that some of those activities will be something to do regularly together?
 TashieTash
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 9:46:54 AM
I was reading posts for the past few days, some were good, and some I wanted to reply but too lazy. This one though... I gotta say something...

So, when the OP said that when girls say that they like "men things", that means she's faking it so that guys will like her. So, does that mean that I've been wanting to bungee jump for the past 10 years meaning I want guys to like me? Man... I must've been a crazy little girl when I wanted guys to like me at 12 y/o (10 years ago), and I must've been pretty smart to think that I could fake my interest so guys would like me :| I don't know what to think of myself now... Not mentioning, those days when I was in elementary school I used to watch boxing, climbing trees, etc. Now I'm questioning myself...

So what do you suggest me do now? Stop pretending? But I like those things... I've liked them since I was little. I genuinely like them though. Wait, does that mean I'm a guy? *checks* No I'm not! I'm totally confused...

So, when you say that a "woman's job is to be a mother", does that mean her place is in the kitchen? What if she doesn't want to have kids? What if she doesn't like to cook? Oh wait... I get it... We must've gone back 100 years back... I didn't realize this when I woke up this morning. Dammit... So now then I gotta start thinking about having kids and be all feminine... That sucks...

Well OP, how about you try to be more open minded, and more accepting that nowadays, the fine line between "men things" and "women things" is disappearing. If your SO sat through a boxing game with you, and told you that all along she hate it, would that actually affect how you feel for her? Let's "get real"!!
 compleat_man
Msg: 188
Posted: 1/21/2009 10:21:27 AM

Maybe if other countries would mind their own business and tend to their own festering problems,

hahah you have to be kidding? I'm pretty sure the USA is the only country on the face of the earth that has militarily invaded and occupied 2 (count 'em, TWO) foreign & sovereign countries (Afghanistan & Iraq) within the past decade..well maybe count the UK in as well, since they 'participated' in both of these

like... the USA has no 'domestic' problems at home to take care of?

imploding economy, millions of homeless people, health care crisis, skyrocketing energy costs (thanks in part to the invasions), Wall St. collapse, "Big 3" automakers on the edge of bankruptcy, rampant street crime, drug addictions, highest prison incarceration rate in the 'free world ', etc., etc.

it is to laugh..
 Spoken For
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 11:18:48 AM
Oh, I have no doubt whatsoever that we get plenty of propaganda, which is why I believe about a quarter of what I hear/read in the news.

However, the "propaganda" of which you speak was not propaganda, but it was actual intelligence that our government got. Bad intelligence, but intelligence nonetheless. The president didn't just hear it on CNN, and say "hey, lets go blow up something."

Unfortunately, regarding propaganda, some people in some countries have been so conditioned to believe everything they hear and read, that you've got morons making statements like "stupid Americans," "Ignorant Americans," "Lazy, spoiled, add your own adjective here" americans, and these are people who wouldn't KNOW an American if one bit them on the ass. And THAT(painting an entire country full of people with the same broad brush) is the definition of "ignorance."

At least most of us know not to believe everything we are told.
 Spoken For
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 11:21:24 AM

Lots of countries attempt to tend to their own problems in the wrong way.

yeah, and then who sends them money and whatever kind of aid they need?
 Spoken For
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 11:22:58 AM
hey, Wishes Granted, if you share the attitude that "all Americans are ignorant," then who am I to ruin your fun? Just carry on.

Spoken For
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 11:34:23 AM
Compleat Man, you have no idea how much I would love to have every one of our troops home from any other country. I think they should be here, and let these other countries fend for themselves.

Additionally, I would like to see the US stop passing out money to every country that has its hand out.

Any time there's a natural disaster anywhere, the US is among the first to send money and to arrive with whatever aid/cleanup is needed.

How many countries sent money and aid when we had a massive earthquake in San Francisco? How many came to help clean up after Hurricane Katrina? How much money did any other country send us to help relocate a bazillion people? How many other countries sent aid and money for the families of 9/11? How many sent in volunteers to help with the cleanup? No, when something bad happens here, we are pretty much on our own.

The US is always everybody's favorite villain, until they need something, then it's a different story. I would love to see the US stop catering to these countries that supposedly "hate" us, but have no problem taking our nice green American dollars.

That being said, I've said all I'm going to on this subject and won't be visiting this thread again, since it's got nothing to do with "football and guy stuff" anymore.
 vrb1955
Msg: 193
Posted: 1/21/2009 11:35:44 AM
Compete with who? Someone younger or thinner than me ? Why? You take me for me

Love baseball, hate football
Love WWE wrestling( laugh all you want) but I know 1/2 the men I talk to use to like it or still do !

My profile is very accurate. I try to present myself in the best possible light . Why should I lie just to gain a males attention. What purpose would it serve sooner or later the truth will come out !

How's That Old Billy Joel song go?

" Just The Way You Are"

" Don't go changing, to try and please me
You never let me down before
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I wouldn't leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are

Don't go trying some new fashion
Don't change the color of your hair
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care

I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are.

I need to know that you will always be
The same old someone that I knew
What will it take 'till you believe in me
The way that I believe in you.

I said I love you, and that's forever
And this I promise from the heart
I could not love you any better
I love you just the way you are."
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 194
Posted: 1/21/2009 11:38:42 AM
I don't necessarily think my liking many of those things is necessarily a plus in my favor.

I adore baseball and football; used to want to be a female play by play announcer; have watched every Vikings game since I was 7; have pictures on top of the rock wall, and many times feel like my knowledge of and interest in sports and "supposed guy things" is considered a detriment.

I don't like them because I'm trying to "be one of the guys". I watched baseball since I was almost 7; same with football. I follow all my local teams; loving outside is because something about being one with the elements feeds my soul. Hiking, walking, swimming, canoeing, fishing, all of them I can shake off work responsibilities, life responsibilities and just recharge; it is magical and amazing.

Maybe all guys that say they are sensitive are saying that because they think that's what we want to hear. but I think many men are truly sensitive. Just like many women ( I know many besides me) like many things that are usually thought of as "guy interests".

There are many I'm sure besides me that are telling God's own honest truth in what we put as liking.

Just as I'm also sure there are many that put it because they think that's what someone else wants to hear. But I put it in spite of, not because of, it being a typically a more male pursuit.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 11:55:37 AM

hey, Wishes Granted, if you share the attitude that "all Americans are ignorant," then who am I to ruin your fun? Just carry on.
Where on earth did you get that? You are being pretentious in assuming that I think all American's are ignorant.. As for your post #197 in that instance; .. A better adjective would be delusional. I have no beaf with You or Americans in general so please leave me out of your patriotic dribble.
BTW the term "stupid Americans" was never used. The term "Stupid American" (singular ~ meaning One) was the phrase uttered. (and not by me I might add)
I concede that simple term "ignorant" without the nationality added would have been a better choice.

On topic: Op has put a burr in the collective female butt... Are you happy Sir?
 Spoken For
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 12:23:34 PM

On topic: Op has put a burr in the collective female butt... Are you happy Sir?

I think that was exactly his intent, especially since he hasn't been back to explain himself once. A hit-and-run poster at best, a troll at worst.
 mysweetalibi
Msg: 197
Posted: 1/21/2009 12:43:25 PM
I hunt and fish and do all sorts of "guy things" I do consider myself very feminine and very much a lady but do not complain when I tramp through thistles and briars to help my dad track down a deer either he or I just shot. I am proud to say that I myself do hunt and have my own rifle. I was in a bass club when I was 17 and would spend all day out on the lake with my dad and sister trying to see who could catch the biggest and or the most before we had to weigh in. I do bait my own hooks and will help with skinning a deer or other animal. You can also find me at the mall with all my "girlfriends" dressed up in our heels and bags and spend every penny that we had saved for the day as well as going out to eat at our favorite restaurant for the day. This lady also like to get muddy with the four wheelers. I have also done some extensive archery in the past though am a little out of practice right now. I have only tried rockclimbing once but enjoyed the challenge and would go again once I finish getting back into shape.

I know of many many other nice ladies besides my self who love to get down and dirty outside. So for me and those I know, yes we are being real when we say we like to do "guy" stuff or like to be outdoors. For some of us it is true!
 god_of_rock
Msg: 198
Posted: 1/21/2009 12:45:07 PM
yes I do..

Neanderthal, much?
 PainsAGateway
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/21/2009 1:05:26 PM
I personally have been interested in Wrestling from a very young age...I competed in Olympic Freestyle wrestling for 7 years...I joined a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu team on the side, and in between all that, I was going to the gym and lifting weights. Those are all "men hobbies"...
I also like camping, and hiking, and all of that fun stuff..roughing it, getting dirty...love it.
I follow the NHL, but only because of my Dad, brother, and boyfriend's interest...it rubbed off on me...but I find I can get into most sports pretty easily as I have a good foundation already, so I just change the equipment and rules a bit and almost anything can make sense.
So, I can see myself saying that I enjoy those things...although I can understand that some girls would "pretend" to impress their SO...even though it will just cause problems in the future when they realize they don't really have anything in common, and she just can't stand him watching "the game" anymore.
 SavonaWoman
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/21/2009 2:36:08 PM

How many countries sent money and aid when we had a massive earthquake in San Francisco? How many came to help clean up after Hurricane Katrina? How much money did any other country send us to help relocate a bazillion people? How many other countries sent aid and money for the families of 9/11? How many sent in volunteers to help with the cleanup? No, when something bad happens here, we are pretty much on our own.

Wow .... you should check you facts on this one. Sheesh I guess you have just forgotten how wonderful the whole world was to the States during these times. Especially those ""Canadians"".

Savona
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you believe a woman when she says ...