Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > I'll try this in uk forums, opinions please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stew_67
Msg: 51
I'll try this in uk forums, opinions pleasePage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
friends of the opposite sex is cool ,i wanted to clear that up but ex's are a no no for me either way for me or my future partner unless its to do with their children
good luck stewy, do whats cool for you and your partner ..
 stewy1706
Msg: 52
I'll try this in uk forums, opinions please
Posted: 1/18/2009 11:42:23 AM
Hi all and thanks for your veiws... I'm Stewys little lady as he calls me
Yes ive read them all.
Thanks all for your comments !!!
Some interesting read's both good and bad.
Trust Stewy to throw this out for open opinions!!! Some comments are very interesting and i'm sure i shall take some of them onboard to a certain extent.
He sure has openend a can on worms lol.
Not an issue for us both so will not take any critisim from people that dont know me etc. but some comments i will take note upon lol.
Some people are so narrow minded and untrusting of one another and surely they need to lighten up or they will be single forever T x
 sunflora
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/18/2009 11:50:34 AM
Haha! Sorry about this but read this and immediately thought... Well Stwey could've written that just pretending to be his little lady...!!!

Certainly wouldn't call myself narrow minded or untrusting (well maybe to a degree) but...
 Flores xxx
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 2:37:22 PM

I hope when you reach the ripe 'old' age that he is, you will appreciate being called an old woman (FYI I am ten years older than him and don't class myself as old)

I dont think it will worry me as much as it worries some people. I am older than 19. In fact i am older than anyone who is under 22.

And aren't we all looking for attention in some shape or other by posting our thoughts on a forum like this ?

If I make a comment I feel to be amusing and it gets a reaction, I am happy.

(does that make me an attention seeker lol)

Answer that yourself.
 stewy1706
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/18/2009 3:31:00 PM
TBH we dont really care, we asked a question and dragged the narrow minded singlton's out of their closets, thanks to everyone that gve a posative opinion, and those that tried to just have a go.... please get a life....T&S xxxx
 Cleverkitten
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 3:49:00 PM

I am older than 19. In fact i am older than anyone who is under 22.

Sorry ? Are you saying you are lying about your age ?

What does this have to do with the price of fish ?

SuSuSudio
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 3:50:28 PM
damn you man.. make your mind up!.
you ask a public forum for their opinions on what would be unthinkable behaviour and attitude for a great many adults of a certain generation and expect everyone to answer with replies which tantamount to a hearty slap on the back, side wink and condonement for your tawdry 'hobby' and then come back and slander people for having the audacity to give you their opinion. Are you as simple as you're showing yourself to be right now - well, throughout this entire attention seeking thread?

your hobby crosses the line. It crosses the invisible line of things you just don't do when you're in a solid, forward looking relationship. To all intents and purposes you are trawling the net for other chicky chickys to satisfy your flagging male ego, and a few years ago, pre internet, you'd be the type who hung around in pubs looking for 'girlies to chat to' while the little lady was at home, tucked up in the love nest.

Cynic... MOI?

"we asked a question and dragged the narrow minded singlton's out of their closets"

is that all you asked it for? bored again were you both?
 Mannish Boy
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/18/2009 3:53:16 PM
i think they need to buy an inflateable and some baby oil to occupy their minds
 CurvyDee
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/18/2009 4:10:12 PM
ok so let me get this right

we can give an opinon as long as its supporting the op

but if it isn't we cant as we dont understand, inspite of him giving all the facts (as he sees them)

If you are in a relationship and looking to chat to other people online, then why arent you chatting to your other half? and please dont give me that "they are at work" bolo. x,x. wait for them to come home- if you cant wait and are so bored then why are you with them and seeking alternative entertainment? yeah thought so. Want to have someone on your home burner but still be free to flirt cos she said she is talking to others? dont wrap it up in pretty paper as youve tried to do, thats what it boils down to.

josh1uk
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/18/2009 4:42:29 PM

This has been done to death on many other threads, by people in relationships who still like to debate on the forums. Yes, it may well be a dating site, BUT, you don't have to want a date to debate on the forums.

I think the OP has said he resurrected his account, not created a new one, therefore he didn't come looking for a date, but a debate.

He originally said he came her to chat to ladies. He came to the forums to ask our opinion, I've not seen much debate. I find this thread very suspicious.
 Cleverkitten
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 4:47:14 PM
my point Josh was
Yes, it may well be a dating site, BUT, you don't have to want a date to debate on the forums.

which i know you disagree with, as you have said many times

and some people find your fixation with casual sex/ casual relationships suspicious but hey ho it's all good and fun in a debating way
 josh1uk
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/18/2009 5:59:47 PM
No your point was that it may well be a dating site but you don't have to want a date to debate on the forums and that he has rejoined to debate on the forums.
Which is different to what you've said above. I do not disagree with it at all. friends do not date, casual sex do not date. They meet up. Which could even be at a POF meet.

My point has been that I find it very odd if people only come here for the forums and never want meet with anyone, ever.
I find it quite disturbing that people would find my fixation suspicious so let me clarify as it seems for some reason to have a bearing on my opinions in this , although I fail to see why. My fixation with casual sex/casual relationships is that I do not want it and do not agree with it for very good reasons mainly STD's. Also Girls are limiting their chances with blokes that want long term because they've put casual when they mean long term but are scared to say so because blokes meet them twice and want to see them every day. Most do not seem to know the true meaning of casual relationship and can not understand how anyone can know what type of relationship a person wants before they've even met anyone. I've said all this numerous times already yet I get attacked every time I mention casual.
I hope that this couple, thanks to us now understand each other a lot more now that each has read this thread.
I didn't mention that I don't see anything wrong with being friends with an ex as long as they don't come before a partner and the partner is comfortable with the situation.
 Abrasive Balm
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/18/2009 8:51:00 PM

if your in a relationship the chatting to random women while {the little lady sleeps} is almost virging on cheating in my eyes,

B0ll0x!!!

Stewy...What you are meant to do is get rid of the internet, stop chatting with other ladies, you are in a relationship now...you arent supposed to be doing this, you cannot make any new female friends...its not the done thing.

Been there mate....happier single.
 fudge buddy
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:43:29 AM
msg 53 ...

oh pleeeeeeeaaaaaaseeeeeeee I have just lurched my porridge up over my walls..

have you two got nothing better to do in your lives then go on a dating site and hang your matching towles out to dry ..

what the fook is this about ?

whats the point
now everyone isnt stroking your love nest your getting pissed off

I agree msg 65 ... many people are not single ..its a virtual social cricle that is all .. I wouldnt be told ..I would close things down when I was good and ready
 Sally009
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/19/2009 2:12:42 AM
Ok ok...i was seeing a guy from this site...we both stayed on and talked to each other as well as other users....i however got a bit worried and asked to look in his POF..yeah i know ohhhh SIN!!..at first it looked like he had just been talking to the other women that he already knew before me, ....his sent box was very tidy and emptyish...but his in box was a little fuller......so i went to the sent message page and hit the button marked review your entire contact history here!!! ....lol....He had been talking to lots of other women that were not showing up on his emails....once i had his contact history i then viewed all the messages that he had ever sent and OH LORDLY!!! He turned out to be a complete LIAR, CHEAT and total WALTER MITTY TYPE!!!! He already had a partner, he did not live with her but they had been together for two years....So i would say that unless you completely trust somone, and to be frank when do you really really know a person???...Stay on if your a decent woman, change your settings to " Not single not looking" and tell the people that you liked on the site that you have met a guy and will be seeing him, you may be back at some point if things don't work out, then step away from the Pc and leave it alone, ask your new love to do the same.......
 Paulinemab
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/19/2009 4:02:08 AM
I'm not sure how you find mates on facebook, all my friends on fb are people I already know and there are random groups where you can add anyone but people on my facebook are already my friends.
I think it's a sad day when you meet someone that you have to stop talking to people of the opposite sex.
 1LOVEJELLY
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2009 9:51:28 AM
As a woman that has been a victim of a partner who found love online, I would not ask unless I was sure I could handle the answer.

The truth is that a lot of people talk to other online whilst in a relationship.

I would like to know who they were talking to, if theres nothing to hide then they won't mind surely.
 TM1971
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/19/2009 11:08:23 AM
Oh sally exactly know where you are on that, sure we didnt date the same guy off here? lol Mine was telling me how much in love he was with me etc and in meantime emailing other woman on here looking to meet up for sex etc. lol

Not sure if i want to date off here anymore lol, hence why i have hidden my profile.
 TheRealSoul
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2009 11:22:03 AM
l agree with the talk to your woman advice. lf theres something wrong in a relationship you sort it out together. Continuing to chat to random people can only raise questions within your relationship.
Nothing wrong with putting your views and opinions on the forums or chatting to 'friends' though, just remember that what you have is real and the internet and all its pitfalls can damage that.
Personally, once im with someone the chatrooms and dating sites hold no interest for me as l would be enjoying as much time as possible with her, and you cant hug an email
happy fishing all
 stew_67
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/19/2009 11:52:46 AM
in all my 7 relationships its been a taboo to talk to ex's and imo for good reason unless
theres children involved.
if both of you are chatting to friends of the opposite gender ,then surely thats cool and also surely by viewing each others posts would solve any distrust between you .
if your unwilling to then theres a problem ..

nothing wrong with plutonic relationships in my view

this is an old thread ,ive posted b4 lol
 diabolikk
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2009 1:14:32 PM
"I've reactivated this profile as a way to chat to ladies when the little lady is sleeping"

When in a relationship, I'm not so sure this is a good habit to keep or revert to, on a site connected with Dating.

Try a forum without dating connections.
 Sally009
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/19/2009 9:51:56 PM
Hi tm1971...sorry to hear that your date turned out to be the guy from hell like mine..my advice to you for what its worth is....carry on babe, we are now both armed with the experiance sooooooo lets hope we see it coming next time...also just thank your lucky stars that neither of us are still with the nasty little womanizer's and got out when the alarm went off, and only got a little burnt....good luck babe...x
 Sally009
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/19/2009 10:57:08 PM
To follow on from PAULINEMAB.....just tell the people from the dating site that you liked and wanted to keep incontact with your name on facebook...that way you can still keep them as friends, by doing this you won't be logging back into a dating site and your unlikly to upset a new parntner......Must add one thing here tho...when you leave POF, before you can delete your profile the system ask's a number of questions as to why your leaving...one of the options is " I'm leaving because i have met a partner"!!!
so in my opion, the site expects you to leave once your paired up.....Having said that i did message a guy once and the reply i got was very sweet..he said " thanks for the message, i loved your profile and you look nice, however i have started seeing a lady from this site, i would not wish to offend her by continuing to speak to people but should things change then i would be very pleased to speak to you"! ........What a super reply!!!!!!
 nossitt
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/21/2009 5:56:39 AM
Hiya stew your lucky, i cant get my 'contact' to work, so i only get to send email's. Been on here since augast & havent chatted to no one.
 Ian2306
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/17/2009 7:17:18 AM
hi all read some off this but for me a dating site is for those wishing to date ,single people should be the only ones using it yes you can make friends on here ,and they can become good friends but thought thats what msn and yahoo were for not a dating site

think you and your lady need to have a good close look at your life and go from there mate sorry for the harsh words
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > I'll try this in uk forums, opinions please