Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > abstaining from self pleasure      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 clorge gooney
Msg: 26
abstaining from self pleasurePage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I have tried abstaining twice now..Once under the instruction of my GP who politely asked me to stop masterbating but to be fair I could see he was distracted by what I was doing so I agreed reluctantly !!
Oh and the second time was under the adive of my optician who warned my eyesight would be affected if I did not stop bashing the old bishop !! Cant see why !!
 pumpkin16
Msg: 27
abstaining from self pleasure
Posted: 1/19/2009 1:43:43 PM
Maybe he has a health problem, I was reading about a condition where the testicles fill up alarmingly fast with semen and the only way to avoid serious damage is to masturbate and reduce the swelling, some men have to do this up to 6 times a day. This can be very tiring and have an adverse effect on your lifestyle and some men have to get female friends and acquaintances to help out.

If it gets really bad you have to be admitted to hospital and nurses have to help you empty out and if you have private health care insurance they don't just use their hands.

Source: my mate Dave - told me he's got it and may have to call on me to give him a hand sometime the poor little sod. Men do have it so tough sometimes don't they, I wonder how many suffer in silence with this?
 redee2tryagain
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 1:57:33 PM
Surely masturbating is having sex with someone you love............why would you want to stop doing it................

And what would be the advantages of it?

R
 pumpkin16
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:08:30 PM
I've heard that they start again once you stop pleasuring yourself, maybe that's why some want to give up to bring a wet dream on just for a change.

^^^^^^^^^ whoops Dave, didn't mean to put your name on it. Interesting about the Yingyang though.

vvvvvv Mr Goodman - how disgusting now go clean out your dirty mind and use lots of soap! Bad boy!

vvvvvvvvvvv Hee hee @ princess
 MrGoodMan2
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:14:06 PM
I wonder how many posters have gone and pleasured themselves at the shear thought....

Be back in about 10 mins
 DAS 22-Fresh Dave
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:15:39 PM
Ex-squeeze me!! "Source my mate Dave"
I'll have you know its only 5 times a day, what do you think i am? A sex addict or something?
OP i do recall hearing that there is a great reason to abstain, though it does take some practice & 1 day may be a start but not sure it would count much as practice goes lol. The reason comes down to a man wasting his YANG as oriental beliefs in the YIN/YANG practices. It is believed to strengthen his maculinity and a man would weaken himself by 'reducing his swelling'.
I hear it can be pleasurable to do so, but i'm admitting to nothing & claim the american right to the 5th amendment
 Cleverkitten
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:17:50 PM

If it gets really bad you have to be admitted to hospital and nurses have to help you empty out and if you have private health care insurance they don't just use their hands.

Are having a bed bath and a wet dream connected ?
 princesspinkpixie
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:18:02 PM
Some folk need to quit the abstaining as the mood swings are tiresome at best

A 5 knuckle shuffle would do some fella's the world of good
 josh1uk
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:24:54 PM
Other than walking it's about the only thing you can do in life that is free so why anyone would want to abstain is a mystery to me.
 7rainbows
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:36:05 PM
Why on earth would anyone want to abstain from a bit of self pleasure?

Dont understand why the church say you shouldnt, i mean if you belive that God made people in the image of him then surly he understands the pleasure of touching ones bits. Why deny his followers pleasure?

Im so glad im a witch
 hemeling
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/19/2009 3:19:09 PM
Thanks for everyone's input, as usual the evening shift saved the day, also great that somebody actually came up with positives in terms of erotic dreams etc, and others were able to relate to the challenge I will pass on all your tips etc.
 Dandy Highwayman
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/19/2009 3:24:25 PM
I hope you put them to good practice, or at least your 'friend' does!

New research shows that if an adult male does not masterbate frequently he will grow hairs on the palms of his hands.

Dont forget to give the balls a wee feel as well an check for any unusual bumps or lumps, masterbating can be a good oppurtunity to check for signs off testicular cancer.

TheDandy
 josh1uk
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/19/2009 3:28:36 PM
Cheaper than a date, doesn't nag and we always get the most stunning, beautiful but filthy girl you could imagine.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 3:57:11 PM
A work colleague tried this when we went on a 12 week patrol. He only lasted 2 weeks before he had a wet dream that was very very messy
 Mannish Boy
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/19/2009 4:04:24 PM
i used to try and dodge getting a faceful, always managed to hit the wall behind the bed
 ~*chelle~shock*~
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/19/2009 5:34:51 PM
Op give your mate a couple of weeks then check his Bollocks. If there not down to his knees then hes telling porkies.
 Stilldontknow
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/19/2009 6:49:08 PM
Personally I wouldn't risk it. I mean if I start getting knock backs from myself where will it end?? Lets face it I was definitely the first and will probably be the last person I ever have sex with. Why take the chance of spoiling that???
 hemeling
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/12/2009 10:47:23 AM
Well the vigil is over, he's just rang me up and admitted defeat, but that's 25 days he managed and that's not a bad effort IMO (though I don't think David Blaine will be losing any sleep), I was asking him about the experience but he's a bit “wooly” at the moment to be honest :(, I was gonna say post coital, but of course he's nothing of the sort, as he's not partaken of coitus! Perhaps there a proper word to describe his state?
Anyway I asked him what pushed him over the edge, but he was rather coy, I couldn't find anything particularly inspiring on the terrestrial channels, but I did notice Mauresmo's on Eurosport, and he's previously expressed an "interest", sounds like one for "celebrities you find strangely attractive" thread to me!
He mentioned he'd had a couple of erotic dreams and claimed he'd produced an impressive splurge today, but that really was too much info for me! Did anyone else play along for fun?
 pumpkin16
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/12/2009 11:34:24 AM
I believe that the correct term for that post self pleasure relaxed state, is called being post wankal.

I didn't play along as I find it hard to go more than 6 hours without self pleasuring at the moment... must be the weather. However I did think about him often.

25 days though, that's impressive it would have been nice if he'd held off till Valentine's Day - just out of interest, did he quanitify the exact volume in cm3 of the 'splurge'? And if you don't mind me asking, where did he deposit it?
 CharmWitCharisma
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/12/2009 12:19:38 PM

hemeling;
...Did anyone else play along for fun?

I have pulled a muscle in my neck/shoulder and have been abstaining from sexual congress and masturbatory self pleasure for about 2 weeks now, though not through choice.
However, tonight I am having a long luxurious bubble bath, have bought some scented candles, a little wine and have a Barry White cd softly playing in the background. Tonight I am going to have a momentous tug!
 Thirst for Romance
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/12/2009 12:21:23 PM
Perhaps I should consider a break, I'm starting to look like one of those Fiddler Crabs!
 pumpkin16
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/12/2009 12:23:06 PM
^^^^^^

messages this short may not be posted, particularly when they are to do with crabs and self pleasure
 Agapis
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/12/2009 1:22:02 PM
your mate attempted to give up masturbation, and failed the same day?

well, thats commitment. tell him not to bother. with the time spent abstaining, he could have had a really good wank.

Be honest guys, a tug is cheaper than a date.

not my dates.
 TM1971
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/12/2009 1:23:50 PM
Are you nuts abstain, as it is i am climbing the walls. My batteries are low and omg i swear, if I do not find someone soon there will be consequences.
 DAS 22-Fresh Dave
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/12/2009 1:29:57 PM
TM~~~~HI HO SILVER AWAY!! i'm leaving now dear but it's a flipping long way there...hang on sloopy, sloopy hang on!
I'm a good catholic boy, thank heavens for confession. Well, i try and abstain..i do try honest.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > abstaining from self pleasure