Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > If you got your heart's desire      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2Irish1
Msg: 76
If you got your heart's desirePage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Yo Posters,

Margo, I really liked that. Not a perspective an analytical man finds without help. thank you,

Irish

Silly me, to imagine I could:
1. figure it out ahead of time,
2. "think" my way through something one "feels" their way through
 CynthiaM
Msg: 77
If you got your heart's desire
Posted: 4/28/2009 11:33:49 PM

.. once I have realized my hearts desire. It would be a Verrry different world.. the one my heart desires..

It's been more than 3 months since I started this thread. While that's not a long time in the grand scheme of things, it is long enough to realize that I've come to believe in what I'm experiencing. Believing is the key to receiving my heart's desire. With that belief my world is changing. This is happening even without forcing, rushing, or thoughts/expectations of the future.

I'm learning the truth in Margo's post about relating vs. relationship. Relating happens in the now. For some of us this is a new concept - maybe understood intellectually, but not truly understood by living it. A.S.is said it well, with the receiving, the world is a different place - despite the grey, rainy Seattle weather, my days have been a bit sunnier lately. It may not be world peace (or whirled peas) but it's a big deal to me.
 Tarika
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 11:55:05 PM
Oh yes....I'm finally ready!
 serenityCW
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 4:30:56 PM
i relate to what you are saying OP, regarding being versus doing. i've always appreciated the being part of others. but, i did a lot of compensating and denying for myself in the spirit of accomodating, compromising, joint venturing--both doing and not doing. now, i am just being me. really, i'm a pretty neat person and becoming my own cheerleader to boot!

i wish to slowly and steadily unfold in the presence of one very special man who i can trust, respect, love, appreciate for who he is. some things we will share and some we will support in the other's individual journey. there must be honesty, in order to trust. i believe it will happen. we discussed this on another thread, in which you led me to this one.

we all think we have gotten rid of our own internal barriers. maybe we have or just grown some neurological detours in our brains. the other part is to recapture what was good in us and what we squelched in our own cellular memories. love, prosperity, et al are all forms of energy. our past ablity to nourish, love and nurture needs to be rekindled and i for one, am tapping into the universe to send it out and take it in, while i grow stronger and more peaceful with myself, each day.

good luck to all, in finding "you".
 lovellyman123
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/11/2009 5:55:56 PM
I agree, time preparation, and patience is key, I will meet someoone who is right for me someday. In the meantime, relax, sit back have fun ,yet work at all my other goals in life and eventually I will find her. Lay the groundwork for good things to happen.
 emlamNsea
Msg: 81
Yes...it has been nearly three months...
Posted: 5/11/2009 6:38:27 PM
...and so much has changed.

New city...

New country...

New relationships...

New POF handle....

And I still feel the exact same way.

Not only do I have no belief whatsoever that I am "ready for my heart's desire", and no more belief than before that it is even possible, but I have now even less faith in myself that I wouldn't fcuk it up anyway.

Indeed, given recent events, I am even more convinced that my "heart's desire" does not exist, that my belief in it and pursuit of it is the source of a great deal of grief and angst for me, and that I will fcuk up any facsimiles thereof.

Hence....I am living to enjoy the moment...without promises or commitments. I disappoint no one....no one disappoints me.
 DocElffington
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 6:41:37 PM
My heart's desire isn't wrapped up into one person or thing.

I already have SOME of my heart's desire right here with me!
 DoctorCox314
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 6:42:33 PM
You know what, I don't think I'd enjoy all of that as much unless I had the love there to go through it all with.

That said, I wouldn't want it to not happen over a technicality
 luv_n_theory
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/11/2009 6:58:57 PM
Hmm! My heart's desire is not always what my mind says I should accept. But to be happy sometimes you have to give up on the dream and settle for what is reality. If that reality is good to you, treats you how you know you deserve to be treated then you eventually would hope to fall in love.

I am ready to receive it. Being in the absolute prime of my life tells me I need to make a decision and stick by it: allow it to be what it is and follow the one who loves me, not just with his words but with his actions and his heart.

Is this the guy I am with now? Only time will tell but one thing is for sure, if I can't get the last guy I cared for out of my head then I am in trouble and no man, no matter how wonderful he is can penetrate the truth....is it fair? No! But it is what it is and in time I believe that this man will be the last one I think of before I sleep and the first one I think of when I wake.

That is all I can hope for.
 celebrtlife
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/11/2009 7:01:51 PM
I'll be more ready next year for that heart's desire. I'm not looking right now, but if it came knocking I would not close the door. I'm more ready now than I was a year ago.
 CloudHidden
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/13/2009 1:07:52 PM
My heart desires very little, it only needs to be. My brain however can be very fickle at times and has a way of talking itself out of what it fears to let go of.

I desire to have no desire and that in itself is desire. Every thing I have desired and have gotten has disappointed me. Contentment can’t be desired because if attained would give my brain nothing to argue itself silly over! I have gotten smacked up side the head recently and once again I realize how flawed my desire really is and how low I set the bar out of fear. I can only be ready for what I know, I don’t want only what I know.
 colt8301
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/13/2009 1:19:08 PM
Lol, I'm more than ready, I've been ready for most of my years, lol, at least that's what I like to think. The change it will make in my life if I was successful at it, would be drastic, but I have always adapted so the change would be no different than first day of pre school. I have a long way to get there though, so everything is wishful thinking right now.
 CynthiaMw
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/27/2009 10:58:12 AM

I have gotten smacked up side the head recently and once again I realize how flawed my desire really is and how low I set the bar out of fear. I can only be ready for what I know, I don’t want only what I know.

So true. I thought I had to work through that fear on my own. Now I'm learning (slowly, hesitantly) what it's like to be able to speak about my fears without the feeling of being judged or that he's making mental ticks in a ledger. "Talk to me" can be both scary and liberating.
 SmilingSalmon
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2009 12:51:28 PM
LOL Cynthia, I was just watching clips of "Coffee Talk" I loved the one where Barbara Streisand shows up and Madonna is the Best Friend, great one!

Hearts Desire...welll I am very multi-demensional, as most people are and I have several Heart Desires.

They involve Mate...Family...Money...Contented Surroundings

Apparently, some, maybe even all, I am not fully ready to receive, or I would be receiving them already. Sometimes it takes a long time of learning and losing to be able to be ready.

This is in stark contrast to when you are in your twenties and so hopeful and faithful that everything just comes to you. Then, not being mature enough to know how to handle it we destroy what we had and have to start a long road to searching for what we really want and regaining it when we find out it was probably or close to what we had, or at least what was in out grasp.

As we age, we lose faith (I do not mean religion). Life is about getting what we want for free before we know for sure we want it, then working hard to find and regain all that we want or had. As soon as we come close, we either bless others with it, or we die. The best and happiest years are in the blessing of others. It is kind of strange, isn't it?

SS
 rainman12
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2009 1:20:35 PM

Are you ready for the change it will make in your life?

I think the change in my life is what my heart actually desires. I don't think it would actually change my life all that much though.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2009 1:26:08 PM
^^^^I agree. If I had what my heart truly desires, my son would still be here and I wouldn't be needing the types of changes I am about to make. BUT, as has been said a million times, "Sometimes life isn't very fair." so, the changes are what they are. New scenery, new professional endeavor, new everything (but my shoes of course, those are status quo as I require it...LOL) as my life is now, nor will ever be, as it once was. I think sometimes we think of change as the fix, but for me, it's not the change that will be the actual "heart's desire" it's what's on the other end of the changes that will make the differences. JMO
 johnybuck
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/27/2009 1:49:30 PM
I have always been ready for it . . . . and to respond and give to the person who is real in my world.

Its like a radio I am tuned into my own frequency I listen always for the person who is on the same frequency as me . . . . been that way for years and Im still listening . . . . . but all I hear is static from the rest of the people.

When I do hear some lady I am sure there will be natural compatibility where lies, games, harshness and separation are not needed. Just give and share mutually.

Then its off to walk away into the sunset together and never to been seen again. How it actually goes for some people.
 kpooks
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2009 3:49:52 PM
Money: HELL YES I'm ready to receive it!!! I'll actually appreciate it now as opposed to my youth, how I had to earn it, and what I'll do with it after I receive it. In my youth, I had no clue, and thought the world owed me a living.

Children: Given the above financial windfall, yes. I'll be a wonderful, hands-on dad.

But, oh wait--small detail--need to love the woman that I'm with first, rather than merely looking at her as a baby-making machine. Yes, I'm ready to love a woman too.

All this comes from God anyway. The real question is: Are we ready to love God? We may not always see immediate results that WE want, but if we love God and trust in His plan, we may not always receive the goodies, but we receive the love and grace of The Source.

I love God now. Whatever comes out of that, I trust will be good for me.
 palladium
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/27/2009 4:30:22 PM
i feel my life is changing now for the better,for the first time in a long time
 BookWormFairy
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/27/2009 5:42:57 PM
Very ready.

This year has been a time of change for me and now I'm ready to get on with life and be happy.
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/27/2009 6:27:43 PM
I have filled many dreams, overcame tribulations, loved like it was my first and last, so for me I have already recieved many of my hearts desires.
I have been very lucky and I am thankful to have raised two disabled daughters (one ADHD and bi-polar, the other with anorexic tendencies and panic disorder). I have epilepsy from a bad wreck over 15 years ago. The two men I loved passed so for me to find yet another life love and continue being a strong person would be more than enough. My life has been colorful and vibrant, I've traveled, I've tasted and experienced diversity. If God wants me I have peace knowing I have lived my life well. My friends and family will remember me for my love, kindness, charity, and keeping my word.
The men I've dated recently will remember me for the awesome SEX!!! This is me.....
I LOVE MEN!!!
 CloudHidden
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/28/2009 6:55:56 AM

as we age, we lose faith (I do not mean religion).

Funny, when I lost religion, I finaly understood what faith really was.
 chezzabubblez
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2009 2:12:45 PM
i believe, that our future is already there, awaiting to happen, the form is there, just need the materials! We cant control or define what or when something so big is going to happen, its just does!
 MetDBlck
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/29/2009 2:18:08 PM
I'll go and be zen for this one, something along the lines of
"If I got my heart's desire, it'd be that I'd see there is none, and for once and thereafter in my life, i'd be happy to see people, things, and places, and love them compassionatley for what they are in entirety and intrincity, rather than what my heart projects onto them as potential for me"

No shet though, it would actually be wonderful to feel that. So much worry and angst comes from fears rooted in desire. To see things radiant as they are, would be awesome.

Provided it didn't totally backfire and leave you unable to see the goodness in anything at all.
 aaron_n_jp
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/29/2009 2:22:01 PM
Maybe if you didn't want things so bad, they'd probably happen.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > If you got your heart's desire