Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Stimulus bill would give payments to illegal aliens      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 trailviews
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Stimulus bill would give payments to illegal aliensPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

If an illegal alien has a fake or stolen social security number or an individual taxpayer identification number, they can get stimulus checks.

Wow, are people still responding to this red herring thread? If an illegal alien has a fake or stolen social security number or an individual taxpayer identification number, they can take advantage of plenty of government programs. WTF does that have to do with the stimulus bill? A stimulus bill is not going to magically take away their fraudulent identity documentation.

Where's the delete option when you need it?
 blackprince
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Stimulus bill would give payments to illegal aliens
Posted: 2/5/2009 12:45:42 AM
Wow all these soothsayers in the country, where were you guys when the economy was tanking. Where was Rush and the Republicans when all this stuff was happening. Come on, i think we tried it the republicans way lets try the progressives way, it may work and it may benefit us all. There will be plenty to disagree with each other after we get out of Bush's mess.

You so called conservatives must get off the crack, and take back your party, and understand that the ones who you elect are not representing your best interest. Ask yourself why is it that elected republicans are so against alternative energy, who benefited from the Bush tax cuts, and who will benefit from this round of tax cuts. They say we need corporate tax cuts to bring jobs back, come on thats a bunch of bull. It will still be cheaper to employ workers in China then here, even if the tax cuts go through.

And yes as a Democrat or should i say a moderate democrat, i am extremily disapointed in Pelosi and the House leadership for stuffing all that pork in this bill and even more disapointed in Obama for letting them do it. So now i guess Obama's job will be to restrain Pelosi and other Liberal Democrats in such way a to get it passed. After it passes Pelosi , Reid can go all ape crap with liberal programs, but not now.

As a moderate democrat . i am all for a slight cut in corporate Tax say maybe 4% and maybe a slight adjustment in capital gains tax. But what i do not want is spending that does not stimulate the economy and i do not believe Obama wants it either. Obama is trying to be Mr. Nice Guy to everyone, but sometimes you must drop the HAMMER and stop the stupidity.

So with that said, i think Obama has the lay of the land and i do not believe any of those needless spending programs will make it out of the Senate and there will be more house Republicans voting for it.

Oh and Rush Fatso Limbaugh come on this man is a joke and i still do not understand why Obama would even mention him. I heard him say Obama has not acomplished anything, this coming from a man who droped out of college and Pill popper come on.

Obama 2012
 Larissan04
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/10/2009 10:25:56 PM
geeleebee et. al.

do you know how many illegal aliens use FAKE social security numbers? or how many use a family member's, or a friend's? believe, there are plenty. i know some PERSONALLY, many of whom were also registered to VOTE also through our lovely "motor voter" laws.

here is an amended version of the House Bill... check it out yourself...

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/hr1_engrossed.pdf

lar
 Larissan04
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/10/2009 10:31:22 PM
black prince~

you do realize that the whole mess with fannie mae and freddie mac is due to DEMOCRATIC polcies - pushed through by chris dodd, barney frank, et. al. Barnie frank was even in a relationship with one of the executives at freddie! hello!

the democrats were warned by the bush administration in 2007 SEVENTEEN times alone that this was going to happen if they didn't do something about fannie and freddie! the dems didn't WANT any regulation of fannie or freddie. the dems were warned that there was a housing bubble! so were we!

do you not read the wsj? forbes? the economist? investors business daily? they were warning about problems with freddie and fannie for years!

if you dont' believe me go to youtube and search barney frank and freddie/fannie. there were cspan hearings on this stuff dating back to 2004 and 2005! the DEMS didn't WANT ANY REGULATION! they STOPPED IT!

place the blame where it belongs!

lar
 blackprince
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 12:36:05 AM
Larissan04, i am not saying that Democrats are guilt free in this whole mess but neither can you say Republicans are guilt free.

Everyone was happy when there was money to be made and no one had a problem with the lack of regulations, every one was perfectly willing to ride this train, but now , no one wants to take the fault for the crash that Stevie Wonder could see was coming.

I read some thing in NewsWeek this evening and it was pretty amazing to me. Out of all the banks and all the economies in the Industrialized word, you know the one country poised to take advantage of this crisis? Canada. Why?

Because they regulated their market, the did not believe that the Stock exchange, buisiness or bankers could be trusted to police themselves.

So when you say its the dems fault yeah this is true, but never would i place the blame squaly on the backs of Dems, Republicans, or the people who bought houses that they new deep in their heart that their income could never afford. In fact the bankers should have had their institutions, the economy and resposible borrows and lenders in mind when making these loans. Instead who did they think about, themselves and their bonuses.

Now back to Canada and their banking regulationsm which i must admit i never paid much attention to, but will from now on . Did you know, Canadian banks typically leverage at 18 to 1 while American banks and most European Banks are leverage at 26 to 1?

Also Canada has a 12 year budget surplace, even with their National Healthcare system and their version of social security is very solvent.

So say give it up to our Liberal neighbors to the North. When Liberal politics are done with common sense its a beautiful thing. And Pelosi, Reid, Boehner and Corbyn and Obama could learn from it and try to duplicate it.
 angelsands
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2009 11:22:49 AM
To who it might concern... First, the stimulus bill WON'T help "illegals"...How do I know this..?? Well... I just happen to know a few "illegals" that work for OUR government... YEAPHHH!! they are in OUR military.... And they KNOW they can't get those benefits... Even if they are using someone Else's SS number!!! Besides, in order to vote, YOU HAVE TO BE A CITIZEN... or a "naturalized citizen"... uhhh... whatever that means. I don't even know why YOU people.. aahheemm.. UHH.. WE people are discussing this stimulus package anyway.!!!??? Have anyone noticed yet that this is nothing but a TRAVESTI tug of war between REPS Vs. DEMS..?? DEMS. Vs. REPS...??? But,.. what about WE... THE PEOPLE..??? Do those "representing" us really care about us..?? YEAH RIGHT..!! They just try to look for scapegoats and try to point finger when and wherever they can.... Which, basically is EVERYWHERE..! I do Agree that something needs to be done. BUT WHAT I DO NOT AGREE ON, IS THE WAY OUR LEADERS ARE TRYING VERY HARD TO POLARIZE AND POLITIZISE THIS ISSUE.... T H A T... Is a waste of time and THE ULTIMATE WASTE OF MONEY FROM THE TAXPAYERS... Talking about taxpayers... everyone is out to "save" those homeowners from foreclosure... but what about people like my neighbor..?? HE ALSO PAYS TAXES JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE but he is renting... and until now, I have not heard anything yet as of help those who rent.. And before You say OR THINK something else. .. well.. HE IS WHITE.... AMERICAN... WITH TWO BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN ,,,, FROM AN AMERICAN WHITE WIFE...!! Why I m pointing this out...?? Because I KNOW how some of You people OPERATE..!! Those people who tend to think that if You are from a specific ethnia or something, You have to defend the others..... As I said before,, He... They,, also PAY taxes.. but they are not homeowners... I happened to read the so called bill... (most of it just happen to be pure BS..!!) I did not see ANY help for them. ... except the "rebate" they might get..!! Meanwhile some home owners will receive up to 15,000 dollars in tax credits..!! Now, the STUPID REPS. are trying to blame the DEMS... for this whole ordeal... BUt they did not do ANYTHING in 8 years during the Bush admonishtration to CHANGE matters... So, Why should people believes them now..?? On the other hand.. the even more STUPID dems.. are trying to do the same thing...!! And they are still politicians... Now, I realize You are familiar with the term "politiko" But... do you really know what it means..?? ...Let's remember that this is supposed to be a DEMOCRACY... WE, The PEOPLE, HAVE A SAY IN IT..!! I just hope that YOU, THE PEOPLE, GET INFORMED BEFORE YOU WRITE OR SAY ANYTHING..!! AND THAT YOU WOULD DO IT BECAUSE YOU REALLY HAVE THE SENSE OF JUSTICE...( Note that I said justice, DO NOT COFUSE IT WITH "LAW" they are NOT the same thing.) And make the right decision ... as someone sait it before... PUT THE BLAME WHERE IT BELONGS.... AND THAT INCLUDE US......!!!!! as in WE, the PEOPLE...!
 EarlzP
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2009 12:05:26 PM
{quote] but what about people like my neighbor..?? HE ALSO PAYS TAXES JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE but he is renting... and until now, I have not heard anything yet as of help those who rent.. And before You say OR THINK something else. .. well.. HE IS WHITE.... AMERICAN... WITH TWO BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN ,,,, FROM AN AMERICAN WHITE WIFE...!!

Why you would point out the color of your neighbor is beyond me, if you read the bill you would see the 15,000 home owner credit may have had the potential to help your renting neighbor unfortunately it has been removed from the package

The current home buyer credit (enacted last year) is equal to 10% of a properties purchase price up to $7,500, or $3,750.for a single filer. It works by reducing the 2009 tax liability OR as a credit to those who don't owe sufficient taxes. A "first-time home buyer" is a person or couple who had no ownership interest in a principal residence in the United States during the three years ended on the purchase date of the residence for which the credit is claimed. Thus, someone who formerly owned a home, then rented for several years, could qualify. The purchase must be on or after April 9, 2008, and before July 1, 2009.
Although the current home buyer credit is termed a refundable tax credit, it is essentially an interest-free loan that must be repaid in equal amounts over 15 years, starting the year after the credit is claimed. The credit is available to joint filers with modified adjusted gross income below $150,000 and phases out once income exceeds $170,000. For single filers, the numbers are $75,000 and $95,000.

The Obama administration felt that the current home owner tax credit was not sufficient to revive the ailing housing market and as a result strongly pushed for a doubling of it in the 2009 economic stimulus package.

Key aspects of the Increased Home Buyer Tax Credit:

The stimulus plan (called a bill while in Congress) currently has 2 versions - The House version (aligned with what President Obama really wants) and the recently approved Senate version. The House bill did not change the tax credit amount, but added conditions that it would no longer require repayment. The Senate version of the home buyer tax credit raises the amount to $15,000, but you can only receive the credit if you owe federal income taxes. The final bill that the president signs will most likely combine the higher home buyer tax credit amount with minimal no repayment required. [I will update when this is finalized]

If you have already used the current $7,500 home buyer tax credit, you cannot claim the $15,000 credit as well. The tax credit cannot be used to buy a second home either.

Under the $15,000 Senate version of the home buyer tax credit provision, there are no income limits, unlike the current home owner tax credit which has a $150,000 income limit. Those who purchased a home in 2009 can claim the credit on their 2008 taxes (assuming the bill is approved in time).

Home buyers would have two years to claim the tax credit, so buyers could claim a $7,500 credit in 2009 and a $7,500 credit in 2010. Because the Senate's version of the home buyer tax credit is paid against taxes owed, tax payers will benefit more than those with low incomes (who have a lower tax liability). Put another way, to get the full benefit of the home buyer tax credit, you would have to have tax liabilities of more than $15,000 (over 2 years).

A 5% down payment (as opposed to the current 3.5% FHA limit) would be required to get the $15,000 tax credit.

Even though the tax credit does not require repayment, buyers will have to pay it back if they sell the house less than two years after they buy it. This is to prevent investors and "flippers" from benefiting from this tax credit

The new tax credit would take effect when the economic stimulus bill is signed by the president into law, and it would last for one year. It is expected that a final version of the stimulus package bill will be signed by the President on February 16th - President's day.
As details on the home owner tax credit are finalized, I will update this article and I encourage you to subscribe (free) via Email or RSS to get the latest news. If you have any questions, leave a comment and I will try and get you an answer.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2009 7:36:48 PM

And you have money to travel too? It just gets better and better!!!

cotter? Aren't you aware that you can't use your own earned income to travel? Sheesh Girl, learn the rules. Your trip to meet me was apparently misuse of your own money.

~OT~ The whole stimulus package has issues. The whole illegal-immigrant debate pales in comparison to the other pork that's added in. It's (sadly) a necessary evil ~ but I'm not the least bit happy with the plan itself.
 teach1234
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 7:19:46 AM
Actually, there was NO pork in the bill. Pork is money added for individual congressmen/senators to help their pet projects in their home districts/states in return for their votes in congress. This bill had 'earmarks' which were general sums of cash directed at projects that were not considered by republicans as essential for immediate economic growth, such as education, STD-prevention assistance etc (after all the big companies can always import educated/technical labor from overseas and screw the **stards who had sex and caught the clap, a regular republican mantra). The issue with 'illegal aliens' using stimulus package money is hardly that. It is mostly rabble-rousing by our previous big spenders, and now born-again-thrifts, the republicans, to sway public opinion against the this bill (we'll see similar antics by the republicans towards just any bills proposed by the democrats. You'll know if Lou Dobbs and Rushie Limbaugh are against it, it MUST be the right thing to do).
And yes, there'll be people 'not happy' with the bill. Usually, our favorite pretend-conservatives on this site. But, you know what, screw them! We won!
 pazoozoo
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 11:36:58 AM

Pork is money added for individual congressmen/senators to help their pet projects in their home districts/states in return for their votes in congress

$30 million for Salt Marsh Mice whose habitat is the San Francisco area.

8 billion dollars for the Fantasy Land Express from Aniheim to Las Vegas.

Those are just two very special interest projects.

The sooner we all accept this isn't a Republican or Democrat issue, but one all Americans need to face, the better off we'll be. This bill isn't all bad, nor is it all good. If we are honest, there are things that need to be rescinded, but there are also things that will create jobs and help people.

I'm not a "pretend conservative", I am a real conservative, both in my life and politics. There are people on both sides of the aisle that are conservative. It isn't a sin.
I don't personally spend money frivolously, and I don't want the government to spend my tax dollars on things we don't need right now. Honestly, I can't imagine that most people who work hard for their money don't agree with me.

IMO, people who are happy with all the spending allocated in that bill are either digging their heels in just for the sake of principle, or haven't really read about some of the things our tax dollars are to be used for. Page 9 says we are allocating 30 billion dollars for miscellanous expenses. There are no guidelines or explanation of what miscellanous expenses are. Does anyone believe it's okay for our government to use $30 billion dollars like we use the change in the jelly jar?

We need to stop bickering and present a united front to our elected representatives. No more stupid spending. Use our money as we use our money, responsibly.
 teach1234
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 3:57:55 PM
First, pork, or 'special interest projects' are quid pro quo aimed at getting votes from specific legislators. $30 million for Salt Marsh Mice was a conservation project (oddly at odds at so called 'real conservatives' who tend to be conservatives about cash and not about protecting the environment). The Anaheim express was an inter-state express spanning several congressional districts and at least 2 states.
Second, and oddly, our 'real conservatives' such as the one above above appeared to forget their principles with the 2 trillion in tax cuts and 1 trillion in waging a war in lost revenue the last 8 years (didn't hear a wimper from them, now did we?). Additionally, there's the loss in revenue to be accrued in cleaning up rivers, lakes, forests and the atmosphere to make up for the pollution from deregulation of contamination guidelines, also in the last 8 years.
It isn't 'pork' when a legislator in Tulsa, OK manages to garner Fed funds for a vet hospital in his/her district that will help our war vets, in exchange for his/her vote. It is pork when it is a bridge-to-nowhere (or a contrived war) when the bridge (or war) isn't built to serve a significant section of taxpayers but to get construction contracts to friends/family/campaign contributors.
Finally, I don't remember the 'real conservative' above complaining when a bailout was proposed and passed a few months ago when the republicans were in control of the WH.
'Real conservative' or two-faced? Now you 'hard-working' people out there, tell me. After riding our country into the ground for 8 years, they now have the nerve to even raise a squeak?!! It will take a enormous effort for the rest of us now to re-build the country to pre-2000 levels, let alone make significant progress into the future.
 faith2565
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 3:58:48 PM
How can you be illegal when this was you land? Just a thought!
 pazoozoo
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 4:41:34 PM
Sigh... This particular conservative voted for President Obama. This particular conservative questioned everything from both sides. Just ask poor Faith. I drove her nuts on many of her posts.

Unfortunately, those who are so determined to be right despite lack of evidence to the contrary, don't always know of what they speak.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 7:24:33 PM

Finally, I don't remember the 'real conservative' above complaining when a bailout was proposed and passed a few months ago when the republicans were in control of the WH.

Who was in control? I believe it was majority democrats, same as now. For the September 2008 bailout, the auto industry bailout and this special interest package disguised as a bailout we have now. The house and senate have had a democratic majority since 2006.
 Barbe1963
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2009 6:45:31 PM

Then you were not listening or reading the forums, because I know plenty of conservative minded people who were screaming about the bailouts.
 teach1234
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2009 4:36:03 AM
Not only was I not listening, I didnt care. First, conservatives who complain now are probably most to blame for the mess - remember your warmongering, spendthrift hero GWB? Second, the 'bailout' seems to be the only way out of this conservative morass that had led to millions out of jobs etc. Perhaps, the 'conservative minded' nutcases have been following the news the past few months? And the bailout/stimulus is probably (very much a probability 'cause things could still turn sour) the only way to stem the bleeding. There aren't many that are 'conservative minded' in the unemployment lines. It was the greed and callousness of 'conservative minded' people at Wall street that leaned (those fast-talking northerners) on the government of republicans & democrats to curtail regulatory processes and shirk watchdog responsibilities. It's a cycle that repeats itself when 'conservative minded' people ensnare the rest of us into financial and other catastrophic events. And almost always, it's the government that has bailed us out - remember the '80's? Read about the 20's & 30's? Our government of the many, that needs to push back against the machinations of the 'conservative minded' few.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2009 9:45:25 PM
Not only was I not listening, I didnt care.

Then your original statement is a guess at best, correct?

the 'bailout' seems to be the only way out of this conservative morass that had led to millions out of jobs etc. Perhaps, the 'conservative minded' nutcases have been following the news the past few months? And the bailout/stimulus is probably (very much a probability 'cause things could still turn sour) the only way to stem the bleeding.

Or open up a jugular vein and the bleeding cannot ever be stopped.

There aren't many that are 'conservative minded' in the unemployment lines.

Do you think "conservative minded" people become "liberal minded" if they lose their jobs? No, they pick themselves up and get busy looking for the next one. They don't sit around and cry "pity me, I'm a victim, this country owes me now" like "liberal minded" people do. That's why you don't see too many "conservative minded" people in the unemployment lines. "Conservative minded" people don't wait around for a democratic president to get elected to hold their hand on the walk through life.

And almost always, it's the government that has bailed us out - remember the '80's? Read about the 20's & 30's? Our government of the many, that needs to push back against the machinations of the 'conservative minded' few.

Yeah, I actually do remember the 80's. I think the guy who got us back on track was named Reagan, a name probably not mentioned too much in the ever popular "liberal revisionist history books". And last time I checked (Nov. 4th, 2008) the "conservative minded" few were pretty close to half the voting population. And we haven't gone anywhere, we're just waiting until the massive failures happen to retake control and fix everything, and let democrats take the credit as always. Because it never fails to happen.

remember your warmongering, spendthrift hero GWB

Sorry, he's not my hero, he was as much a democrat as Obama as far as stupidly throwing away money. And now that the annointed one is sending 17,000 troops out, he is a warmongerer too. Just a democrat one, which is alright, isn't it?
 teach1234
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2009 3:34:18 PM
Actually they do. The biggest handouts are taken by the most 'conservative minded'. Have you read the papers recently? Can you read? Virtually all the recipients of the bailout are the 'conservative minded' CEO's who rushed to DC. Same is for the guy that loses his/her job and is on the street.
Actually, the guy that fouled up the country (and the rest of the world) was this idiot called Reagan. The guys who began bringing us back were George Bush Sr. (he called Reagan's nonsense 'voodoo' economics) and Bill Clinton. Oddly, the same idiotic 'conservative minded' who preach against the bailout are now falling over themselves to get their hands on this bailout, eg Pawlenty (MN) and Sanford (SC), among others. It's quite simple, don't like the bailout, don't take the money!
You need to get a dictionary. The term warmonger is used against someone who wages war 'without' provocation. The 'anointed one' is diverting troops, already set to go, from Iraq to Afghanistan. Remember the problems from 9/11 came from Afghanistan. But then I wouldn't be surprised if you've never even seen a world map.
Assuming you can read. And have read the newspapers. The last time I checked 'the anointed one' was elected by a simple majority (not anointed).
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2009 9:21:53 PM

Have you read the papers recently? Can you read? Virtually all the recipients of the bailout are the 'conservative minded' CEO's who rushed to DC.

No, sorry I can't read. While I would agree with you that the auto bailouts are to those that may be "conservative minded", and note I did not agree with them at all, the housing industry bailouts might have been to the "conservative minded" but the reasons they were needed is because of very "liberal minded" (and quite stupid) policies that gave those who could not afford them the right to own a home.

Actually, the guy that fouled up the country (and the rest of the world) was this idiot called Reagan.

Actually it was that idiot called Carter, but, let's not cut heads. Bush was vice president during Reagan's terms (and one might ask--if Reagan was so bad, why did his vice president get elected so easily)so he had ample oppurtunity to be able to tweak a few of the more "voodoo" ideas. Clinton, as I have pointed out 1000 times (or at least it seems like it) had the luck of being President when a completely new technology called the internet came along and created the biggest boom in economy the world had seen. A 5th grade dropout could have been president at the time and the economy would have turned around. Problem is, a lot of the policies Clinton enacted during his presidency are the very one's coming back to bite us on the ass now.

You need to get a dictionary. The term warmonger is used against someone who wages war 'without' provocation. The 'anointed one' is diverting troops, already set to go, from Iraq to Afghanistan. Remember the problems from 9/11 came from Afghanistan. But then I wouldn't be surprised if you've never even seen a world map.

I don't need a dictionary to see that Obama is just going to divert war spending to another region. I missed the memo telling about Afghanistan's beefed up threat against the U.S. so I just see it as a way to continue to keep this war spending in the billions while spending billions more on crap that will do little or nothing to stimulate the economy. And I wouldn't be surprised if you've never seen a conservative you didn't personally attack when your arguements won't stand up to scrutiny. Obama is diverting no one from Iraq. The 12,000 troops already sent are from right here in the U.S.A. No map needed. Now, when he withdraws some Iraqi troops in the future that could very well change.

Assuming you can read. And have read the newspapers. The last time I checked 'the anointed one' was elected by a simple majority (not anointed).

Read my first sentence again (and note the sarcasm due to your non-humorous personal attack). And you are right, Obama was elected by a simple majority, remember ACORN getting all the derelics and bums to go vote? And of course we can't forget people like you who can't wait for this country to turn socialist and give you everything for free until those who work for it get fed up and change it. And if you think this stimulus package is going to stimulate anything other than the deepest depression we have ever seen, you are more in the dark than you try unsucessfully to make me out to be.
 Barbe1963
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2009 9:17:40 AM

Not only was I not listening, I didnt care.

Okay, so let me get this straight.....you claim that conservatives were all for the bail outs, but when I said, no, that is not the case, you admit that you were not listening, and didn't care? em...kind of reminds me of the little boy who is laying on the floor with his fingers in his ears screaming, "I won't listen, I won't listen!!!! And we wonder why there is never a spirit of cooperation with this kind of atttude? Kind of reminds one of Congress....
 Barbe1963
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2009 9:32:25 AM
oops, double post, play through!
 DeagleNINja2
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/23/2009 5:44:45 AM
If Democrats were serious about keeping bailout bucks out of the hands of illegals, they wouldn't have removed the GOP clause requiring E-verify. E-verify is an internet based system of checking the validity of people's SSNs and is extremely accurate.

For more information on E-verify:
www.uscis.gov/e-verify

It's an unspoken rule that Democrats encourage illegal immigration to swell the ranks of their voters. This isn't a partisan comment, it's a fact. For anyone who doubts this, please look to see how Democrats are voting on tougher legislation in regards to immigration.
 angelsands
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2009 9:39:54 AM
Here We go again..!! If a "legal" resident CAN NOT VOTE because HE/SHE is NOT A CITIZEN... and "illegal" one has a better chance of going to mars as to HE/SHE could vote... or even be allowed with in a MILE of the ballots. PLEASE STOP SPREADING THE LIES.... have the guts to say and ACCEPT the TRUTH... regarding the E-verify thing.... well.. yes it works... to an extent..! BUT IS WAY TO EXPENSIVE..!! Not to the potential employer per se, but to the average TAXPAYER...
 pazoozoo
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2009 10:26:02 AM

Here We go again..!! If a "legal" resident CAN NOT VOTE because HE/SHE is NOT A CITIZEN

Nope, an illegal immigrant can't vote, but they are counted in a census without being assigned a status of illegal or legal. The number of people in an area determines, among other things, the votes a state gets in the electorial college, where precinct lines are drawn, and how many representatives from an area are sent to Congress. Therefore, if the population swells in a particular area, even if those people do not vote, it does affect the outcome.
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2009 11:26:23 AM

It's an unspoken rule that Democrats encourage illegal immigration to swell the ranks of their voters.

SO GW Bush was a Democrat?...... Swift meat packing, major home builders are Dem's

You think a national ID is the solution?
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Stimulus bill would give payments to illegal aliens