Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Once a woman hits 40 what can she do to help herself w/finding someon      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fun_tall
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Once a woman hits 40 what can she do to help herself w/finding someone fun? Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
~LMAO ~ You are going to have rough go with that attitude. You aren't far behind the rest of us and in case you aren't aware: Benjamin Button is a movie, it's not real. You don't get younger as you age.~

It's not all about the attitude. In this case, this is a reality. Most of my friends in their late 20's and early 30's are looking to 'test drive' an older woman once in a life time. None of them care for anything else including me. And when we get to where YOU are, our attitude will still be the same as it is today.

~If you want to meet someone fun ~ try meeting somewhere where YOU actually do have fun. (Hobbies, interests, etc., etc. of your own.) ~

I took this approach when I was a little boy, say 15...16....I can't understand how 'older' women in this day and age can talk like this. I think a lot of 'older' women need to get out into the real world - you included.
 Smart Lass
Msg: 27
Once a woman hits 40 what can she do to help herself w/finding someone fun?
Posted: 2/8/2009 8:25:33 AM
Fun, Umm, not so much

Tall, One of the most common lies amongst men is their height

In your profile you say you are looking for someone who has a positive outlook on life. Like the one you are displaying Chief?

So you been here since 2005 and single (I'll take that as never married), I have to ask, how's this current mindset of yours working for ya?
 fun_tall
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 8:36:36 AM
~In your profile you say you are looking for someone who has a positive outlook on life. Like the one you are displaying Chief?~

I can see you are going on the defensive here but that's ok. The truth always hurts. Not your fault. When you start taking pictures with your pets.......sigh.....it's a sign.

Going back to what I said earlier, 40 and onwards, a woman is like a dusty trophy only. This trophy needs to be shelved and room must be made for new and much younger talent. After 40, a woman becomes more bitter, has more issues and suddenly turns to achieving a career cuz she has built-in anger and hatred in her and needs to go on a power trip. She is absolutely no fun to be with. Very repulsive thought.
 Smart Lass
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/8/2009 8:47:05 AM
Like I haven't heard the pet line before.

You should add "creative and original" to you list self proclaimed "good" qualities.

And by the way, Gracie just sent you a very nasty paw gesture.
 fun_tall
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 9:00:58 AM
~And by the way, Gracie just sent you a very nasty paw gesture.~

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tell Gracie she is just like her mummy
 Smart Lass
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/8/2009 9:09:01 AM
Thank you for the compliment
 MY OH MY
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/8/2009 9:11:11 AM

and suddenly turns to achieving a career
Oh you are going to get lots of dates with your fabulous attitude and falsehoods.

I quit my career about 13 years ago. Gave up the secretaries, the long hours away from home, and have since got rid of the excess baggage dragging me down.

I know that my interests are bit more unique than most's and I know that because I do have such diverse interests that I am having more fun. This is one of the reasons my bf was attracted to me, he was tired of little girls that just want to go to the mall, have their nails done, color their hair, do tanning booths, and dance the night away as he sat watching and getting drunk from boredom.

I am not sure why you haven't grown up, speak to your mother about your opinions, I am sure that she would have a word or two for you.

Some people just know how to enjoy their ride.
 fun_tall
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 9:20:59 AM
~I quit my career about 13 years ago. Gave up the secretaries, the long hours away from home, and have since got rid of the excess baggage dragging me down.~

Yup and I bet that was the best decision you ever made in your life! How nice. Worked for you.......times have changed. Out with the old, in with the new. A fact of life. Everything I have been saying so far is all true since it's making an impact on you older women...lol

Interesting. But this still does not change anything. Women over 40 are dusty trophies in a trophy cupboard! There's a time to shine naturally and there's a time for a mandatory over-haul. Make sense?
 Edsta
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/8/2009 9:32:16 AM
OP: to answer your topic question, I'd say that age is irrelevant unless the guy is
(a) Just an ignorant putz who swallows every gender cliche he sees on TV, or
(b) He's a determined breeder and just looking for a baby-maker.
If it's (a) then you don't want to be with him anyway, I hope. If it's (b) and you still want him, then hey what can I say, you reap what you sow.

I've known women well into their 40s, even early 50s, who were far more PHYSICALLY attractive than most women in their 20s, due to taking good care of themselves through a healthy, active lifestyle, and/or lucky genes. (More usually it was lifestyle.) Add to that the stability, smarts and self-knowledge typically earned from all that life experience, and it makes for an exceedingly attractive overall package, in my book.

Unfortunately that combination is very hard to find in most places---plus there is a huge distinction between stability/smarts/self-knowledge vs. damage/bitterness/paranoia from bad experiences.

Now I'll free admit, I'm highly unlikely to turn down a cute 20-something woman who wants to leap in bed with me. (Doesn't exactly happen every day, so really a moot point...LOL) But for anything more substantial, I tend to take women in their mid 30s and up, much more seriously.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 9:32:25 AM
Interesting. But this still does not change anything. Women over 40 are dusty trophies in a trophy cupboard! There's a time to shine naturally and there's a time for a mandatory over-haul. Make sense?

As I said before, as a man over 40, you would know. I agree....because it's no different for the men. In fact, some men start leveling off and looking down the hill at about 35 -which is too bad. Unlike most women over 40, they actually care that they don't get the same attention they used to from women, instead of finding more productive things to do (like give themselves an overhaul).

A lot of men have the same as or more baggage than women after 40, and IME, they make excuses for letting themselves go like "well as you get older its harder to stay in shape" ....so there's an old trophy shelf for you too. Well, for the men who ever were a prize, anyway. Some never are.
 OhPeggy
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/8/2009 10:13:48 AM

I am 40 and almost never experience that. If anything I go thru the "no you're not" conversation where they either don't believe it or don't want me to think they do to score points. Then again I am more than happy to tell them and watch them be taken aback by it....it's amusing to me.

I get the same thing "no you're not!" but like you I get a kick out of it. Im 40 and fabulous and djchickie401 you look great as well.

I make it a habit to date younger guys 5 years is the usual. Maybe your showing an insecurity when you give your age. Are you hesitant? Don't be. Be proud of the beautiful woman you are. You have lived enough life to be confident in yourself and your age. It is just a number. It's how you present the number that I think makes the difference. Sometimes I get nervous as well but I just p0ut it out there. If they don't like it that's ok someone else will.
 OhPeggy
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/8/2009 10:19:12 AM

I don't know, I guess I'm done for...I got an application for AARP today in the mail!

that's funny. I got one of those last week! And I thought to myself...how old do you have to be? I look forward to the discounts
 MY OH MY
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/8/2009 11:44:21 AM
I was in my 30's when I quit my job. My life got sucked out of me. I got rid of the ex in my 40's. That is when I started to live again.

No, it doesn't make sense. You aren't reading what these women write, I bet 99 percent have more fun than you do because you think you should go out with someone that doesn't know how to yet.

I hear life begins at 50, I can't wait to find out how much better it gets

OP you just haven't met the right man, when you do, you will be on top of the world having more fun in your life than you ever had!
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/8/2009 12:04:46 PM

I was in my 30's when I quit my job. My life got sucked out of me. I got rid of the ex in my 40's. That is when I started to live again.

I was 40 when I changed career and when I divorced. Like emomommy, I have never felt better, freer or more energized. Life is amazing.

I can choose to go to places and be with people who are energized, positive and open, and choose to stay away from places or people who constrain, who shut out, put down and limit.

The only limits anyone should have are the ones they put on themselves. And anyone who considers another human being a trophy of any kind, dusty or shiny, is someone who is part of the life I walked away from. I am mature and confident enough to not let someone else's neuroses and insecurities define who I am. All it does is show who they are; and that's ok if they truly believe that, and are not just seeking negative attention. But it is their outlook, not mine. I am not a product of their reality. I am just me.

I have never been better, and from what I've seen in here, that is true of every last one of us.

Life is good when we hit 40. I absolutely love it. OP, let yourself shine.
 BIGRICK13
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/8/2009 2:08:16 PM
YOU THINK ITS HARD BEING A WOMEN HER 40s how funny . try being 51 and in a wheel chair lol. people dont look at your heart they look at the fat person in a chair.
i have been here for a couple of weeks sent out nice letters and no responce . but i dont let that get me down i keep sending out them nice letters.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/8/2009 4:49:02 PM
bigrick,

I am good friends with a 53 year old in a chair (don't know your situation, but he was a firefighter who was hit by a drunk driver and became an overnight quadriplegic).

Keep your humor and hold your head up high, and know there are people look at the person, not the person in the chair. (I became friends with him after his accident, not before).

Keep on sending them. You will get responses (not all of them good, but not all of them bad either).

good for you on your positive attitude by the way. Shows what an impressive person you are.
 BIGRICK13
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/8/2009 7:22:36 PM
thankyou for that and i will . we need more people like you god bless you and yours
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 43
 misssteree
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/9/2009 1:14:50 AM
fun tall. with your attitude i dont think a women over 40 would want you , is this because we are more intelligent and clued up and can see you for what you are??
I have had more male interest and fun since being over 40 from all ages , and deff have had no complaints !!!
 aitche
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 6:14:32 AM

Think about it this way, what are you going to do for HIM after 40? Most women go over-weight and begin to hate life after 40. That's not what a guy wants. I mean, if you don't look 'hot' and bring just sweet chit chat to the table, then what motivates a guy from being in your pants all the time. I can't see myself with a woman in her 40's.....no way! Waste of my time and energy and money.

Going back to what I said earlier, 40 and onwards, a woman is like a dusty trophy only. This trophy needs to be shelved and room must be made for new and much younger talent. After 40, a woman becomes more bitter, has more issues and suddenly turns to achieving a career cuz she has built-in anger and hatred in her and needs to go on a power trip. She is absolutely no fun to be with. Very repulsive thought.

OK. You don't seem very fun and you're not even very tall.

Get over yourself and stop making sweeping generalisations.

Signed a 'hot' older woman (who coincidentally is still younger than you)

H.x
 fun_tall
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 6:57:02 AM
it's like I hit a soft spot and yes, I did

If one takes time and looks deep inside themselves, they should be able to find out what lies at the bottom. What DOES lie at the bottom? Everything that can't float ......sinks to the bottom! Such is life and trying to fight it with derogatory words isn't going to change anything. Period.

My interest does not lie in older women, never has, never will. I do and always will enjoy seasonal pickings. Again, OUT with the old, IN with the new!

We should learn to 'respect' each others opinions. Fell free to hop onto the maturity train, its a free ride!
 chas guy
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/9/2009 7:30:33 AM
I can think of a few reasons why the 40 mark is a make-or-break for some guys. Some guys really want to have a family and at 40, that's not really a safe option for a woman. It's easy to imagine a woman not wanting a man who refused children, but it's harder to imagine, a man choosing a woman because of fertility. While it may not be the 'norm' it does happen.
 deletedpost
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/9/2009 7:58:24 AM
There is a bit of a double standard. If you want to atract people i think the same stuff applies though .. be yourself and have fun.
 Ready2222
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/9/2009 8:09:02 AM
I am 44 and it always comes up with the women. Sometimes it's a problem and sometimes not. Sometimes I think its an excuse. They have decided they don't like you or whatever and instead of telling you the truth they use that.
 aitche
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 9:15:40 AM

it's like I hit a soft spot and yes, I did

If one takes time and looks deep inside themselves, they should be able to find out what lies at the bottom. What DOES lie at the bottom? Everything that can't float ......sinks to the bottom! Such is life and trying to fight it with derogatory words isn't going to change anything. Period.

My interest does not lie in older women, never has, never will. I do and always will enjoy seasonal pickings. Again, OUT with the old, IN with the new!

We should learn to 'respect' each others opinions. Fell free to hop onto the maturity train, its a free ride!

Yes. Everyone is entittled to thier own opinion. Each person has their own likes and dislikes. It's what us what we are. I, for example, have my own preferences. What I don't do is come on here and insult those that fall outside it. All women over 40 are fat and bitter? Open your eyes and grow up.

H.x
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Once a woman hits 40 what can she do to help herself w/finding someone fun?