Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Once a woman hits 40 what can she do to help herself w/finding someon      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smilesalot1969
Msg: 76
Once a woman hits 40 what can she do to help herself w/finding someone fun? Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
im a couple of months away from my 40th and i can honestly say ive never had this problem if anything i get the total opposite!! my eldest daughter is 20 and her male friends have all labelled me 'fit' and i get chatted up by that age group quite often although flattering as it is that is far too young for me. i have to admit i dont look my age and i look better now than i ever have i think perhaps maturity and confidence help a little there. i do prefer guys round about my age but it depends on who you click with really you cant rule someone out because of a number
 torquoise pixie
Msg: 77
Once a woman hits 40 what can she do to help herself w/finding someone fun?
Posted: 2/24/2009 1:56:17 PM
fun_tall, what is there attractive about you, what do YOU have to offer?
 DocElffington
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 2:00:03 PM
Maybe them boys just ain't ready for a cougar yet?
 *buzz*
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2009 7:55:30 AM
I don't think so that the age has anything to do with having some fun. Until FUN of your concept transpires there is lots of 'to & fro' on many levels to be done between two people in question
 Soxand420
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/25/2009 12:07:54 PM
That's because you are dating boys and not real men.To me stimulate me with conversation and how you treat others.Age is just a number I am 36 and have dated women from 22 to 45 and I find the older women are always hotter,you know what you want and as said are usually much more articulate, and have your own life and are looking to share the moments and appreciate things more.Ilove all women and yes even over 40.Keep your chin up and all boys want eye candy ,men want a real womean,one of substance. Good luck
 007flirt
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/26/2009 6:47:23 AM
the one question no one seems to have asked (and I aplogise if i missed it) is how old was the man you were dating that night.

Funny thing was I never had an issue meeting younger women but then again I do have a get out of jail free card in that I dont't look forty three. Interesting a large proportion of thr womaen on this thread saying they have no issue with their age all look (as far as one can see from pics) rather good and would give a younger women a good run for their money .

However I would not dream of actively looking for woman under thirty five as I have realised WHAT i LIKE. At the end of the day its about personal choice, does not have to be bonded by logic, I wonder what the thread would have said if the sexual roles had been reversed.....

The other thing is when did it become ok for women to hold court on what constitutes a "man" or be a "man" or a "real man" you never hear a man saying the reverse . Always seems to turn up when we as men decide not to commit to something etc etc etvc. Was just interested to know
 007flirt
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/26/2009 6:55:31 AM
Well said my man I agree with what you have said long live the older woman!!!!
 Exciting1
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2009 1:20:43 PM
in my experience, the men rule you out before ever asking your age the second time, if they are in the masses who are only wanting the under 25 or max 35. those women who are dumb enough to hook up with one of those guys with an upper age limit as described will get dumped when she exceeds that age limit. and if she lives long enough, she will. it's just soooooo crazy, that if the guy turns 35, 40 or whatever, and he didn't "turn into a pumpkin" then why would I have "turned into a pumpkin" when I hit that same age number????? because all this is based on ruling people out initially without giving them a chance to see who is healthy or not or can do activities anywhere.
 funjules
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/27/2009 3:22:40 PM
I agree too!!! I'm 38 yrs. old,I never thought I would ever say this.....I always saw myself someday be with an older man....I realize they are too set in their ways! I know some younger gyes & they are soooo much funner & easier to get along with......I'm finding to be more attracted to younger men, I am much more open minded.
 Exciting1
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2009 4:26:06 PM
for some reason, i attract more men that are younger than what i really want, and men older than what i want. right within my age range of +, - 9 years or so, i seem to be mostly dirt on a dirt road. and of course i don't accept being treated like that. so i don't get that age thing of men restricting mail to women who are way younger than they are:(:( they are losing out on alot of great women, while the women sit home single and alone.
 jamesthomas92
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/27/2009 7:21:27 PM
DRUGS LOTS OF DRUGS mostly coke
 forumologist
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/28/2009 8:49:34 AM
Fun Tall

It's guys like you that provoke women to be the way you don't like us to be.

You forgot to mention you like stupid women. After all, based on your attitude every woman you date knows you will use her and dump her when she hits 40.

Hmm. I'm sure you will find women clever enough to figure you out who will act stupid and superficial to match your contempt and decide up front that you deserve to get taken. I expect some will outsmart you and use you worse than you use them though.

And then you will be back here crying about how all women, even the young ones, use you.

Women are not as stupid as you think. We can tell when you have contempt for us. Many will play up to it to get what they want.

Ha ha, two lone pirannahs with noting to bite on but each other.

Boo hoo.
 Countryheart42
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/28/2009 11:46:20 PM
Wow,
I am not sure but most guy's who think they can fool women by puting on tight shirts and acting like a fool are not fooling anyone. If he is a true man on the inside and at piece with himself he will like you for who you are not for being something "age" he is not.

It is not our job to keep a man young if he can not do it himself. He should be secure enough to treat her like she is 30 even at 80 because believe me he is going to be their some day.. or not if he is that shallow. LOL LOL LOL
 chriscomunicato
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/1/2009 1:43:23 AM
Fun Tall- you cracked me up.... although I completely disagree with your view.

I am recently experiencing the fun and pleasure of a 40 year old woman, though she is in no position to begin a serious relationship with me, by her choice not mine, I find her to to be very sexy, her experience and independence is a turn on, smart girls know exactly what to do and how to do it and also full of stimulating conversation. I find that she has a much better idea of who she is and what she wants or doesn't want should I say. I also find that they are less needy or clingy than the younger ladies, not all of course. And also how I make her feel like a sexy woman and see it in her eyes always makes my day!
 mlt71
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2009 8:52:50 PM
give up the ass more]you will always keep a man
 NM0528
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2009 5:44:21 AM
Hi CalendarQueen,

I believe in the saying "you are is what you think." So, maybe you want to go inside yourself and examine what you think about yourself. Are you worried about your age? I am going to be 40 and no one believes I am that age. I have to say that the more years I have in my life, the better and younger I feel about myself. Just concentrate on what you want in life and have fun with it! Take care.
 roco69
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2009 3:11:38 PM
i dont think it really matters what age a woman is once the chemestry is there it dont really matter ive dated young woman and old i dont matter in my book as long as they have a wicked sense of humor and you can both laugh at life b4 it passes you s both by
 janb40
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2009 8:53:15 PM
Hey wait a minute.....

I just turned 69 yrs old. I was married 45 years until my husband died. I met a man on the internet, fell in love and was married at age 66yrs old.

I have had guys in their 40's, 50's and 60's wanting to date me. I refuse to go with anyone that is under 59 because I have one child 49 years old and would not want to go with anyone my children's age.

Let me tell you it is not your age they are concerned about however it is a good excuse to use if they are not interested. They want someone they can be attracted to with a positive attitude and enjoys doing some of the things they are interested in. Most men are interested in a long term relationship where they can get to know you. The sexual encounters are really not expected until they feel comfortable with who you are and who they are.

If you want to find a man that may end in marriage, change your attitude it is possible and there are great guys on here. If you want casual dating, look for the profiles that state that and don't expect the one's who want a long term relationship to just date or someone will get hurt. If you are on the net to have fun, you better know what you are looking for or you could get some weirdo and more than you bargained for.

Janice
 Angel_n_Disguise
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 3:08:11 PM
Fun_Tall~ ... your username reflects a bit of denial on your end.
Okay, let's think of this as a form of therapy...(to remain in your comfort zone, sit in the same chair you've been in since 2005, and yes, you can hold your best friend, Mr. laptop, ...before we move further to try and "FIX" you, please put the heads back on your sisters barbie dolls...this is not healthy behavior...
Good, now stay calm and just breathe...close your eyes and just relaaaax...) verrry good,
as I count to three you will be in my safety net...

1, 2, ...3!~...(NOTES: fun_tall doesn't appear so fun or tall at the moment, ewwwwww...he's drooling and murmuring something about his TRUE LUST for mature women in their 40's, he wants to sniff their panties and later wear them...clearing my throat, got a real fruit loop here...ALMOST SAD.)

You are in your comfort zone, a place where you like to think of yourself as FUN &TALL. You know that special place where you are "the king of the hill!???"

What's that song you're singing, seems I have heard it before?...(MORE NOTES: client vocals are scratchy as he attempts to sing, "I am Woman, Hear me Roar!!!"...NOTE TO SELF: GET A NEW CAREER!!!)...moving on...arrrrgh...

This is a verrry good visual you have of yourself, now let's just zoom in a bit and try to better understand the ways you consider yourself to be fun:
a) You are entertaining BOTH genders of all ages while gaining attention as you are the focus of their laughter...You are angry at them for being sooooo mean to laugh AT YOU & NOT WITH YOU...,go ahead, baby, let the tears flow, tears are a beginning towards the healing process : ...

(NOTES: UNABLE TO LIST ANYTHING REMOTELY FUN ABOUT HIMSELF, poor guy is hopeless. Only hobby noticed is a RED SPORTS CAR PILLOW...cannot resist and BOPPING HIM FOR ALL YOU GUYS!!!...HE IS FUN!!! LOL...BAM! BAM! BOP! WHEW! Gotta get a grip here, having too much fun on the job...snickering/giggling I'm unable to control...)

Okay, let's move on...you like to think of yourself as TALL...do you think this would also apply to you that you are DARK & HANDSOME??? ...WOULD THAT EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE WEARING THOSE STILLETTOS ON YOUR HOOFS???...TO LOOK AND FEEL TALLER???

(NOTES: Reply is muffled...cannot understand fully, almost sounded like he said, "he likes to wear the wig extensions and women's attire snuggly hidden in his closet...perhaps for receeded hairline and to get in touch with his feminine side he claims he has.
Shoes...color and heel are attractive, unable to find anything physically attractive, even remotely...wait...HE IS SECRETLY A DRAG QUEEN!!! Pics of himself on his nightstand almost look like GRANNY MOSES...LOL...DUDE! You clean up nicely as a FEMALE IMPERSONATOR ALMOST!!!)

..session timing is almost up...when I count to three you will wake and APOLOGIZE TO ALL THAT YOU HAVE SO RUDELY OFFENDED WHILE HAVING YOUR MELTDOWN EPISODES!!! IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THROUGH, I WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR OTHER TOYS IN THE CLOSET AND THAT BLOW UP DOLL...

NOW! 1, 2, ...3!!!~...PLEASE ADMIT YOURSELF TO THE NEAREST FACILITY, just dial 911 or I will have no choice but to have you picked up. Giving you ample time to go back where you belong...you can have all the meds once you are back in LOCKDOWN!
(NOTES: NO HELP FOR HIM, CLEARLY HE IS JUST SUCKING UP FRESH CLEAN AIR THAT IS UNDESERVING. He fails to admit the underlying issues with his mommy.)

Angel_n_Disguise
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 3:57:17 PM
OH! OOOOPS!!! This post was iniated by you, Calendar Queen and not that drag queen Fun_Tall, seemed he needed more help than you. I think your post caused his last meltdown episode.

I am not speaking from experience, but have heard of this happening. If they haven't already collected fundamentalsand and honestly cared enough to know these answers before the first date, you may want to ponder "WHY" they are interested in you in the 1st place to even take you out...for some, it doesn't take much to qualify, you simply need a vagina...some, not all men.

Being selective while doing your homework before a 1st date or so, also applies to you, as this will help sort quality men of high character from the ones lacking in this aspect.

IF there is a slight chance, you've been stressed regarding the number of your years on this earth, then learn to accept the aging process gracefully and flaunt your better side. AGE IS A MINDSET, NOTHING BUT A NUMBER! Personally, I enjoy walking the beach in a two piece bikini with teeney boppers flaunting their bodies, I take care of myself and not at all insecure about the fact that I am 43 years YOUNG!~
(2nd takes from guys are flattering, but I like to also leave a bit to the imagination, never show the entire gifted package...lol...another forum)

IF asked your age to be told again, the guy may be taken back by how well you've taken such good care of you...be positive, he's just asking a question. Take this opportunity to hold your breasts up high and admit with a strong secure mindset and voice. If this is a genuine man that is not so much interested in a number, but instead, all that you have to offer, (...and lots of mutual chemistry, etc.), it will be such a simple process~ the natural process.

Best to you as you find a man that appreciates you for who you are and *NOT WHAT YOU ARE. (e.g. age, bra size, u get the meaning...) Please appreciate the years you've been granted and shine in your best years. Use your power!...lol...never give it up on thr 1st couple of dates. Keep up the challenge, not headgames.

P.S. On the otherhand, if the guy is a loser, add on about 10 yrs. or so...and sneak in the ladies room to blacken a front tooth with an eyeliner pencil...this will deter him from trying to sneak in a kiss goddnight when departing ways from the long evening.
 whatagirlwants9
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/3/2009 6:11:06 PM
I can too relate to Fun_Tall.....I tend to be attracted to the same age range 30 to 40 ...leaning more toward early 30's. ......It's sad that people in their 40's tend to let themselves go.... I'm 43 and have more energy than I did in my 20's, more confident and secure .
 Goulie11
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/3/2009 9:51:07 PM
All I can say is keep an optomistic and positive attitude. If you want to attract someone fun then you have to be fun. I don't see what the number 40 has anything to do with being fun or desireable to others. Unfortunately to some people, 40 is not just a number.
 lerixon
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/4/2009 8:49:57 AM
Thats a very interesting view. It states in your profile you are a compassionate person...which is a very good quality. I know a quote Id like to share....
"There never was any heart truly great and generous, that was not also tender and compassionate." South.
I just wonder if you feel your "true heart" is reflected in the way you would want.... by your words in this forum?
 lerixon
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/4/2009 8:52:03 AM
my previous message was meant for fun tall...
 OldDesertRat
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2009 9:06:46 AM
I find it humorous that women who are so obsessed with their own age, are so concerned that they can't attract someone fun. It has nothing to do with age ladies, it is your attitude. I have dated women older and also, much younger. I enjoy a woman who is comfortable with herself, not worried that she is being passed by, or focusing on all the crap she has picked up from other relationships. If dating a younger guy makes you feel good, go for it. Just realize that they haven't necessarily experienced the bad relationships that you have, and really don't want to pay for it. Same goes for dating older guys, we have been there and are not looking to get back into the same old thing again. Refrain from talking about old relationships and lose the bitterness. You, and you new friend, will be much happier.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Once a woman hits 40 what can she do to help herself w/finding someone fun?