Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > moved to tears      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kayleegirl
Msg: 51
moved to tears Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Music is food to our souls. It touches us so deeply and moves our spirit like little else can do.

I don't think I could live without music.

There are too many touching pieces of music to list. I think it is so awesome that music can make us feel happy, silly, sad, spiritually moved, in love, sexy, thankful, etc. etc.

I just found this forum and will be back again!

kaylee
 sogo869
Msg: 52
moved to tears
Posted: 6/21/2009 12:00:23 AM
The best experience I have had with a music piece has to be Handel's Messiah. I used to go to the Kennedy Center or the Baltimore Symphony to see the concert with my best friend every Christmas season. It was our date of the year. And everytime, we came out of the concert exhaulted and speechless. I do recommend that those who enjoy music, especially Classical, go see it sometime.
The Messiah has to be the best piece of music ever written.
 Viperess
Msg: 53
view profile
History
moved to tears
Posted: 6/21/2009 12:34:22 PM
No doubt a song that has captivated my being such as Within Temptation's 'Forgiven'. I did not anticipate the tears that flowed freely on their own accord down my face with a bitter, salty power, and the pain was palpable and raw. I feel as if I had been turned inside out, exposed and left to bleed all over the place in a crimson gush. Of course there is a story behind it, and I'm sure one can deduce from the lyrics what indeed that story is and was. I am pleased to share a piece of myself and my immortal soul. To all the passionate ones who embrace all what life has to learn from, I salute you.

~ Forgiven ~

Couldn't save you from the start
Love you so it hurts my soul,
Can you forgive me for trying again ?
Your silence makes me hold my breath
Oh, time has passed you by.

Ooh, for so long I've tried to shield you from the world
Ooh, you couldn't face the freedom on your own,
Here I am left in silence.

You gave up the fight
You left me behind,
All that's done's forgiven.
You'll always be mine
I know deep inside,

I watched the clouds drifting away
Still the sun can't warm my face.
I know it was destined to go wrong
You were looking for the great escape,
To chase your demons away.

Ooh, for so long I've tried to shield you from the world
Ooh, you couldn't face the freedom on your own,
Here I am left in silence.

You gave up the fight
You left me behind,
You'll always be mine
I know deep inside,

I've been so lost since you've been gone
Why not me before you ?
Why did fate deceive me ?
Everything turned out so wrong,
Why did you leave me in silence ?

You gave up the fight
You left me behind,
all that's done's forgiven.
You'll always be mine
I know deep inside,
 toddy666
Msg: 54
moved to tears
Posted: 6/21/2009 1:36:00 PM
IN THIS MOMENT the track. Into The Light.
This song moved me to tears first time I heard it. very moving song
Includes the lyric::
"I'm falling,Watching as your hurting.
I'm down here on my knees.
How can I survive
And you turn to me andpromise me your ready
And tell me you'll be waiting on the other side."
Just a beautiful song
 recordsgalore
Msg: 55
moved to tears
Posted: 6/21/2009 1:42:02 PM
I've never explored the forums, but it was suggested I do so by a lady I just started chatting with - anyway, I found this thread and started reading, and felt I had to comment.

I love the story about the piano playing and the bird singing - love that!

Music moves me to tears sometimes at concerts.. My "last" Phish show in Noblesville, IN before their just completed 5 year sabbatical (rehab for Trey??) - night two in June 2004 and I'd scored a single VIP section pass to the show. They came out and played a great 1st set but finished with the Velvet Undergrounds ROCK AND ROLL from the "Loaded" lp. When they played that song with the lyrics "you know her life was saved by Rock and Roll", knowing they were going away I was driven to tears. Bob Weir and Ratdog playing "Black Peter", a song I associate with Jerry, all about death...cried like a baby. Then the last time: Bruce and the E-Street Band this Spring in Tulsa playing "Promised Land" - so passionate, so meaningful in this day and age, again, driven to tears.

I can relate!!
 ^^Ian^^
Msg: 56
moved to tears
Posted: 6/21/2009 3:33:19 PM
Excerpt from a Teenage Opera - Keith West
 mascot1
Msg: 57
moved to tears
Posted: 6/21/2009 3:51:53 PM
msg22 'One' by Metallica has deeply touched me too. On the other spectrum of my musical tastes, 'Dancing with the devil' by Immortal Technique has had my eyes water too. Immortal Technique has intense and deep lyrics, as far as I can gather since I don't listen to that song much, the song is about a young man that wants to 'grow up' in a gang. He ends up being a part in a gang rape (to prove himself worthy to the gang) and it ends like he has to kill the woman but finds she is 'his mother' but meaning as she was a woman that did not deserve this. He then has to decide what he wants. Thats what I think the song means anyways.

Especially the Canadians will know who I'm referencing: Paul Gross (Due South,Men with Brooms and Passchendale fame)and David Keeley have an album out called 'two houses' and the song 'Papas front porch' ULTIMATE TEAR JERKER ESPECIALLY FOR FATHERS DAY!! Please give it a listen and Happy Fathers Day to all fathers!!!
 crepeduss
Msg: 58
moved to tears
Posted: 7/6/2009 2:04:44 AM
I agree with the posters that mentioned Within Temptation and Evanescence.

Some others for me:

Metallica - To Live is to Die
Steve Vai - For The Love of God
Joe Satriani - Into The Light & Echo
Lacuna Coil - Cold Heritage & Distant Sun

For the last 2 days i've been listening to "A Real Diamond In The Rough" by Buckethead. It's mostly accoustic. After the first listen, i was like "Wow, that was amazing". Think i've heard it about 15 times already:)
 aariaz
Msg: 59
moved to tears
Posted: 7/6/2009 9:48:58 AM
A lot of songs by Metallica. Some songs because of what they're about but mostly because of the guitar solos. I love the sound of the electric guitar and when they play, there's so much emotion in those notes and that's why I love them so much. For example "Fade to Black" is just beautiful.

I saw them in Concert last year and they had me in tears, it was so amazing. It's the music that usually hooks me way before the lyrics even begin to.
 abbyabnormal
Msg: 60
moved to tears
Posted: 7/10/2009 4:29:48 PM
Hmm, I wasn't going to post but what the hell. Two songs come to mind that have had an effect on me, for various reasons. Probably I'm just a sucker for piano. I'll try to post youtube links but it may not work.

Famous Blue Raincoat by Leonard Cohen, few people do melancholy better than Mr. Cohen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aRKZFR5imM

The other one is a cover of a song by Kate Havnevick by some random youtube person named jewellica, it profoundly reminded me of someone I knew long ago and it felt like a punch in the chest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prJ36Znyy38
 francotiradora
Msg: 61
moved to tears
Posted: 7/10/2009 6:02:09 PM
Silvio Rodriguez, "Playa Giron"
 bedlog
Msg: 62
moved to tears
Posted: 7/10/2009 10:21:23 PM
Gorecki and anything by Aaron Copeland. Especially Gorecki.
 whistlinphish
Msg: 63
view profile
History
moved to tears
Posted: 7/12/2009 3:54:34 PM
Grateful Dead- Live recording from sometime in 94. i was there and when i think about jerry i still wanna cry. i was only 11 then, and never thought they would leave such a lasting impression on me.
and most recently
Matisyahu-One Day
 golfboy1701
Msg: 64
view profile
History
moved to tears
Posted: 7/16/2009 1:02:15 AM
Claire de Lune by Debussy

several scenes from Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet, but especially "Juliet's Funeral"

"Dulcissime" from Carmina Burana

...just to name a few! There's nothing like music (in my case, classical music) to stir the soul.
 airconditioninthesummer
Msg: 65
moved to tears
Posted: 7/16/2009 2:18:26 AM

Can anyone relate? Have you ever been moved to tears by music and if so what?

in my opinion, OP, it's because the music you heard has been perfected. it wasn't formulated to generate money, like most bands on the radio, but to stir your soul and to inspire your desires.

i love music myself and 2/3rds of my life has been dedicated to it.
 kpooks
Msg: 66
view profile
History
moved to tears
Posted: 7/16/2009 7:10:01 AM
Celine Dion's voice is so beautiful and goes straight to the heart that it makes me cry.

I especially like movie scores. James Horner's Titanic and Hans Zimmer's Gladiator are particularly moving.

In Gladiator, in Patricide, when Comidus smothers his father, Marcus Arelius, to death, lots of conflicting, tormenting emotions in there. Comidus loves his father but knows his father does not love him ("none of my virtues were on your list"), therefore Comidus hates and does not respect his father, so murders him.

Of course, the maestro John Williams, has written some of the most spectacular and moving film music ever conceived. Jaws, the Star Wars saga, Indiana Jones, E.T. and every other film Spielberg directed, Superman-The Movie.

The reason we feel Superman's pain for the death of Lois Lane is the beautiful theme Williams wrote for their love theme, which is played ever-so-softly by flute as Superman pulls Lois' lifeless body out of the buried car.

Williams' Schindler's List (a Spielberg film) is an emotional powerhouse.

The late, great Jerry Goldsmith is right up there with Williams in terms of writing beautiful and memorable scores.

His Poltergeist is the epitome of Goldsmith's style, infusing the sweet little girl Carol Anne's theme with the ugly off-rythm ostinatos of the evil spirit's underdoings in the suburban Freeling home.

Goldsmith's music for Star Trek-The Motion Picture has become a staple of the Trek franchise. Everybody knows this theme!

Goldsmith's music for Sylvester Stallone's Rambo trilogy (especially for the first installment, First Blood), perfectly captures the tormented emotions of the Rambo character, a man filled with duty, yet wronged so he feels he has to harshly retalliate. The French horn fulfills the marshall quality of the Rambo soldier, whereas the underlying bass rythms fulfill Rambo's killer instinct and his will to keep moving to survive.

Goldsmith's music for the original Omen massages the black underbelly of Christianity, exploring the Devil's own playground, while showing the panful, tragic effects of a child born of a jackal who is the Anti-Christ on his adopted family.
 kpooks
Msg: 67
view profile
History
moved to tears
Posted: 7/16/2009 11:38:42 AM
Listening to Alan Silvestri's score to Forrest Gump right now, and it's a tear-jerker. Such a beautiful story in general, all the relationships, and Jenny's theme is so sweet...
 dstefan
Msg: 68
moved to tears
Posted: 7/16/2009 5:08:52 PM
well it sounds sad and beautiful but you were at a funeral so crying was not unusual. When listening to the music after it probably made you feel what you were feeling at the funeral. The two will always be related for you from now on because that's how we store things in our brains. Same as how a smell or sound will remind you of something.

Thnx for the nice music.. :)
 killene
Msg: 69
moved to tears
Posted: 7/16/2009 5:22:06 PM
I love music, especially music that I call "music that speaks" Words within many songs has so many good messages for everyone out there. Words of peace, harmony, words to heal, words to laugh with ...Its just really neat to listen to the words in music...I have found you can really learn quite a bit about a country, or era in history with music too.
 francotiradora
Msg: 70
moved to tears
Posted: 7/17/2009 5:28:10 PM
Actually, I know of another one, "Amor Cronico" by Cucu Diamantes
 libravixen
Msg: 71
moved to tears
Posted: 7/18/2009 9:39:20 PM
The first time I heard 'Fly' by Celine Dion, written about her niece that passed away after suffering from cystic fibrosis, I bawled. I completely understand how you were feeling.
 Libra_66
Msg: 72
view profile
History
moved to tears
Posted: 7/19/2009 5:14:24 AM
Lots of music have moved me to tears, but Bach's Air on G string does it every time without fail.
 junipermoon
Msg: 73
view profile
History
moved to tears
Posted: 7/19/2009 8:20:31 AM
while listening to the folk show on wpsu (an npr station), i just heard pete seeger singing woody's this land is your land. the original, with the banned lyrics:

As I was walkin' - I saw a sign there
And that sign said - no tress passin'
But on the other side .... it didn't say nothin!
Now that side was made for you and me!

In the squares of the city - In the shadow of the steeple
Near the relief office - I see my people
And some are grumblin' and some are wonderin'
If this land's still made for you and me.

wow. just wow.
 chris154
Msg: 74
view profile
History
moved to tears
Posted: 7/19/2009 1:59:18 PM
music is supposed to stir an emotional response...

Ive been moved to tears many times with a song, but was seeing Dead Can Dance live in a church in Aylesbury and The Cocteau Twins at the Barrowlands. both in the 90's

Lisa Gerrard & Liz Frazier...wow what voices
 libravixen
Msg: 75
moved to tears
Posted: 7/19/2009 7:56:56 PM
Soul Meets Body and I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab For Cute. Truly awesome and moving songs for me.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > moved to tears