Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Some men are all talk and no action??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cute_asme
Msg: 26
Some men are all talk and no action??Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I 2ND THAT, 3RD THAT AND SO FORTH...ABOUT TO SAY TO HELL WITH IT ALL AND BE SINGLE . AND JUST ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THAT'S THE WAY IT IS!!!!!!!!!
 serengetiwarden
Msg: 27
Some men are all talk and no action??
Posted: 3/27/2009 10:36:09 AM
well it happens to the best of us lol

some are wishy washy

others are direct

and others do this for fun and games :D

wish you the best in whatever area you go into.

Ps its all about games
 SSS2009
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/27/2009 2:26:05 PM
Don't take it to heart...he is a loser. If he stood you up, he has issues. Cut your losses and move on. He is probably some overweight toothless troll with a PC. Don't even waste your time thinking about it.
 trytothink
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/28/2009 6:02:58 AM
Dont give up!! It's the sincere guys that pursue you are the ones that you should be paying attention..maybe the ones that you are initally hesistant to converse with but those are the good guys!!
 Archangel46
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/28/2009 6:13:00 AM
Its just a game when the chase is over they get bored and move on.Or his wife/gf has caught him out contacting you?

happy
 ser1053
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/28/2009 7:09:34 AM
This is strange isnt it? You spend time online or on the phone and when the time comes, the other doesnt show. I had made arrangements to met a few women and have always showed up. Think that is so rude to make plans and then not show up for them. If after the first meeting, you really know whether you want to see them again and it isnt that big a deal to spend an evening or an hour or two with someone. I have done it several times, but would not have showed them up in any case. That is so ill mannered to do that to another person. Think you dodged a bullet as was already said.
 justjr4now
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2009 1:20:12 PM
Don’t feel picked on. It happens to men too.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/28/2009 5:18:26 PM
Been there, done that..............it seems that alot of men on dating sites see this as some type of game!
 Zuglo
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/29/2009 9:17:10 AM
So glad to see I am not the only one who is wondering about this..
And not the only one this is happening too..
Also glad to see that not all men was included, just some.
I am all action baby...
 dvbranton1
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/29/2009 1:08:30 PM
Wow that is kind of messed up. I just don't see how you can invest time in phone calls and texting and stuff and then decide to meet and never show. That is just rude. Honestly there is no excuse for it. I know some just write it off to as it is just the internet but wrong is wrong.

I know people are busy and have a life. I know if I make a plan to meet somebody face to face I need to make advance plans due to the fact I stay pretty busy. If an emergency comes up then yes at least have the common courtesy of calling the person and letting them know you can't make it not just leave them hanging.

or maybe a forum can be used for people that have been no showed so that others can be forewarned.
 Helen1967
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/30/2009 12:23:37 PM
It is odd when this happens - and, like Cowboy said, not exclusive to men! Haven't been stood up, myself, but I have had a few start to make plans and then back off the idea for reasons known only to them. I agree with those who've said that when someone really wants to meet, this usually comes up pretty early on in contact with them.
 BrEdHaws
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/30/2009 1:34:06 PM
Sounds like you ladies have been speaking to losers.

If a date was set up, I'd definately be there. Why the hell set it up if you don't want to go? Though sometimes people do have emergencies.
 4x4Monster
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/31/2009 3:03:27 AM
Its a guys way of playing hard to get. And look how he got under your skin. My advice forget it and move on. Build on this as an experience.
 _jay_see_
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/31/2009 3:08:57 AM

Just have no idea what scared him off.

Probably your looks.
 Gillynumerouno
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/31/2009 4:28:26 AM
Yes all talk and no action, whats the point??? I have been chatting to a guy for a couple of weeks, he starts texting, do you really like me Ive been hurt before, Im looking for the real thing, looking for love, then he was worried that my profile said I was undecided about kids, and he wanted 3!!!!!!...woah - lets just meet first ok???? but I thought that was sweet. So we arrange to meet. then a couple of days before he starts ignoring the "are we still on" texts. He mails me to say that although Im really nice, he is happy just hanging out with his mates.

Why then are you on a DATING website?

I either just attract all the nutters on here, or maybe Im the nutter???

arrrgghhh........
 wayfarer4you
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2009 10:58:02 PM
I have found this to happen , but it's not the rule ,, for me .If I say i'm there I'm there no matter what , hell I've gone 180 miles just to go to a POF party and do this all the time now that the weather is warm i will go all over just to meet and great. action speak's louder then any spoken word's
 lostintheshuffle
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/3/2009 9:20:50 AM
Plenty of people are all talk and no action. Some talk about work, others work. Some talk about how they've got an invention in their head that will make billions. Others go out and make it and make billions.
 laurawin
Msg: 43
view profile
History
It's not you
Posted: 5/6/2009 7:58:21 PM
I think it was probably his fear that kept him from following through and meeting you. Maybe he wasn't at all what he was pretending to be. It amazes me at times how long people will play a game like that before they actually have to come clean. More often then not it's because the time comes when they will be found out.
Better luck next time.
 justbunky
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 8:13:48 PM
OP, I think this is just a form of entertainment for some guys...almost like a video game - they want to see how many points they can score.

IM=1 point. Email = 2 points. Getting the digits = 10 points. Actual phone call = 15 points. Planning a date = 50 points. Getting you hooked = 100 points. DING DING DING DING DING!!

Don't take it personally.
 FunkyMonkee
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 1:10:45 PM
OP - OFC they are.

As indeed are some women.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/8/2009 11:01:14 PM
well your friend is full of crap; there may be men that are flaky, but there are just an many women making dates with them; you chose to go out with him; take half the blame.

ask him what happened; if he blows you off then you know he wasn't into you; really not hard.,
 lexigurlsx
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/9/2009 1:16:20 AM
mthomjmark--what do you mean she chose to go out with him?
they never met bc he dropped the ball. you assign blame so quickly you don't even notice when there isn't any reason to
 joanne1357
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/9/2009 3:53:07 AM
true- why contact if you have no plan in following thru? This is a dating site after all. . Have had 2 guys email that want to meet; & they mentioned this w/e as there is a lot going on here & we could do something besides the coffee "date". Even spoke to one on the phone... & now nothing.. oh well..
someone else wants to chat on Y IM as I sit here on the forums- fine- well 20 min have gone by..... bye bye! I have other plans this morning ; if you say you want to chat or meet or call- just do it. Otherwise its rude at the very least.

and its not all guys .. just some.. & women do it too
 kpooks
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 7:46:21 AM
Guess he was a wuss-!

Don't worry, hon--some of us are "real men" who would have no problem meeting with you. After all, it's only a date, not a marriage proposal. Meet and see where it goes-!
 celiashar
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/9/2009 11:28:49 PM
He might have gotten drunk and couldn't make it or he wasn't a real profile, he's actually a 400 lb. man who can't get out of his barca-lounger or he is a germaphobe etc etc. He was probably drunk when he talked to you !

I look at it like it was an enjoyable, hopeful moment spent in my life as a single person (this is what I say now). But a string of these can make me pretty crazy. I just read forums now! loljavascript:smilie('')
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Some men are all talk and no action??