Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > If you make less than $250,000. in one year ..........      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Written by Hank
Msg: 51
If you make less than $250,000. in one year ..........Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

The US wealth has been redistributed for 8 years.

Yup, sure has - right into the hands of the wealthiest few. That's what happens when income tax breaks are given to the rich.

Incredibly, there are people who are not one of the wealthy few, and can never hope to be, still insisting we should just keep piling the dough and advantages onto the rich. I don't get it. A few will live in prosperity while the rest toil in a life of servitude to those few.
 allegiant_one
Msg: 52
If you make less than $250,000. in one year ..........
Posted: 2/28/2009 12:59:47 PM
The greatest danger of inflation lies in a devalued US $. From your first cup of coffee, to the TV you turn off before going to bed - you consume imported goods every day.

The surest way to devalue the dollar is to refuse to address systemic deficits.

...Don't forget the REFUSAL to "CUT" Government Spending...and the MASSIVE infusion of "printed-out-of-thin-air" Fiat currency (US Dollar) from the FED

Keeping taxes at idiotic levels WILL chase capital out of the country, create hyper inflation, and result in massive unemployment.

Low Taxes...No. Capital is leaving the Economy because of "intrusive" Government interference into the Economy through the implementation of PC Social Programs and "wasteful" Spending through earmarks and pet projects. The DEBT or the "inability to pay it back" for this Government Spending "run amuck", along with the contraction of the GDP and the US Stock Markets...are chasing capital out of the country.

Hyper-inflation will happen because of a MAJOR infusion of devalued currency (US Dollar) contributing to the MASSIVE "debt" which the Politicans in Washington continue to implement through wasteful spending. Higher Taxes will DEFINETELY bring us into Stagflation.

Massive unemployment? Need I say more?

Then you'll have to cut military spending as well, since that's half the discretionary budget right there.

Obama is just an extension of Bush. Not much will change here, unless Israel and Iran go at it.

Nobody likes paying taxes. But just a wee bit of common sense will clearly show you that more needs to come in.

There is NO "Common Sense" in Washington. They will continue to borrow and borrow and borrow....so they can spend and spend and spend. They could "care-less" about the Middle Class, as long as they can turn as many people as possible into "Sheep" who will elect them. The Government and the FED have usurped the Constitution quite awhile ago. The "phoney" US Economic "chickens" have come home to roost. Economic collapse is inevitable.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2009 1:17:46 PM

Capital is leaving the Economy because of "intrusive" Government interference into the Economy through the implementation of PC Social Programs

Mull that over for just a sec.

Where is the capital fleeing to? The rest of the first world all has real social safety nets and socialized medicine.

It's the laissez faire economic policies and "beggar take the hindmost" mindset that has dominated that has created this crisis. There hasn't been enough "government interference." See Bernie Madoff, Enron, et al. None of the regulatory bodies in your country are funded. The FDA, EPA, etc don't have enough to do their jobs. The ATF can only put gas in the cars for 2 weeks a month.

Govenment has been starved, so business has become criminalized. No cops means criminals take over.
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2009 1:25:45 PM

Incredibly, there are people who are not one of the wealthy few, and can never hope to be, still insisting we should just keep piling the dough and advantages onto the rich. I don't get it. A few will live in prosperity while the rest toil in a life of servitude to those few.

And will condemn real tax cuts.... They will never have the prosperity............

How many hired hands on Wall Street are selling their homes broke.... the bonus babies... what's a few hundred million...........

Several hundred people have stolen Trillions........

The compromise stimulus plan includes $282 billion in tax cuts over two years.

According to the Wall Street Journal, Bush's first two years of tax cuts amounted to $174 billion. A second batch in 2004 and 2005 cost $231. And those were thought to be bigger than the tax cuts offered by Reagan, Kennedy, or others.

But wait, you say, wasn't Bush's 2001 tax cut, at $1.35 trillion (funny how the GOP didn't mind draining one trillion dollars from the government coffers then), the largest in history?

Yes, over the full 10 years of its existence. But over the first two years, as Waldman points out above, the price tag was much smaller. So the Obama stimulus tax cut would be the biggest ever for the first two years.
http://www.usnews.com/blogs/robert-schlesinger/2009/02/12/is-obama-stimulus-plan-also-the-biggest-tax-cut-ever.html

The same people will cry for the Hedge fund Clowns loss of their lowest of all tax rates...
or the dreaded death tax....

99.7% of the Population Will Pass Along Assets Untaxed. “In reality, only the wealthiest one-fourth of 1 percent of all people who die in the United States in 2006 will pay any estate taxes. That leaves the other 99.7 percent of the public free to pass on 100 percent of their assets untaxed. And the American Farm Bureau, a member of the anti-estate tax coalition, has been unable to cite a single instance where a family was forced to sell its farm because of estate tax liability. The same goes for small businesses, which have rarely faced taxation as the exemption rate on the tax has been increased.” [Seattle Post-
Intelligencer, 6/6/06]

The estate tax repeal would save the estate of Vice President Cheney between $13 million and $61 million, according to the publicly available data on his net worth.

It would save the estate of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld between $32 million and $101 million.

The estate of retired Exxon Mobil chairman Lee Raymond would pocket a cozy $164 million. Washington Post, 5/31/06]

Bill Gates Sr. “grateful heirs tax”...... Not the death tax

The clowns crying too much spending doubled the deficit the past eight years...............

cncgandolf
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2009 11:55:30 PM
"I still hold that the tax increase should be on the individual...and the wealthier the individual, the more the increase should be."

If it were an increase you may be right about that. But, this isn't an increase. This is allowing the sunset of the false and unjustified reduction of taxes on large corporations to go away. Restoring the tax rate to what they should have been paying. Not increasing it.

Saying it is being increased is just another Republican lie.
 dancecard
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 7:03:23 AM
how much less?

Two hundred and fifty grand a year before taxes?
So what is that? $ 145 , or 80 thousand a year?

I'd be happy and have 3 wives, 7 cars and 20 children and looking for more.

I think people are going to learn how to get by with less, kinda like we always have.

Well these sad faces, doom and gloom flu that's presently going around is only due to the few that realize they can get sick too. They have been asked to pay their way and they are now sick! They prefer only other's to be sick. Your illness is of little consern to them.

So they are creating an illusions of great pain and suffering, by howling, screaming, and flopping around. To some degree, they hold the American people hostage.

If they go down, we all go down but here is the thing, if they don't, it still doesn't mean we won't.

People are not buying cars and trucks, yet we are held hostage again not wishing the jobs to be lost, we prop them up to make more cars that's not needed and people are not buying. Now just how smart is that? It's suppose to be a loan, which helps some.

The banks? same thing, is this suppose to be a loan as well?

So we have borrowed some money to loan it out to the needy.

We spent 3 trillion on a war to no where, unless you feel the Iraqies are going to somehow come to your aid in times of need? I'm not sure what the upside might be with this expenditure. I chalk that kind of spenting as humaniterian efforts. In truth, I think it was seen by a few oilmen as an "Energy Policy" in the guize of a WMD search/ spank the bad guy.

So today we find ourself's sitting in a leaky boat. Misspending, Madoff made off with his pocket bludging, Chaney madoff with his pockets bludging, some bankers madoff with their pockets full, Wall Street Trader are finding it harder to steal then ever, insider trading is drying up. So they piss and moan, things just are not working right anymore!

The New Sheriff is locking them all down, stealing is now slowing to a stop. A man just can't steal like they use too! So Rush is handing out the "Doom & Gloom Flu"

I hope they die. But they won't, just piss and moan and spread fear.

I was watching McCain speak this morning, He's got it! He's finally on message. I hope he has the influence that he claimed to have, had it's needed now , more then ever. Show us some Mavrick, whip it out, we need it to control your party and protect us from 200,000 Rush groupies with puddy for brains.

dance
 tallskier
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 2:37:53 PM

If it were an increase you may be right about that. But, this isn't an increase. This is allowing the sunset of the false and unjustified reduction of taxes on large corporations to go away. Restoring the tax rate to what they should have been paying. Not increasing it.

Saying it is being increased is just another Republican lie.

What an incredible bit of mental masturbation.

Taxes are going to go up. To anyone with sense, that is a tax increase.
 ZenBeth
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/14/2009 1:31:53 AM
On the surface saying if you make 250k or less a year that your taxes wont go up isn't really true, because the devil is in the details. So they don't tax your income more if you make that or under. But what about all the other new taxes they want? Like new fees for everything from national parks, to gas taxes, carbon offset taxes, or taxes in investments. Not to mention all the interest the US is paying for all the money borrowed for all these loopy bail outs.

And then there are ALL the small businesses who employ more workers than the big guys. The new businesses taxes being proposed as well as health care costs the feds want, will mean small business will be punished not rewarded. And last week the SF Chronicle which is NOT a conservative publication had articles on how non profit groups from food banks, homeless services, child service groups, and others have seen a drop of over 70% in donations, with many saying come April they will close. Then they noted that under the Obama administration tax plan if you married and have a combined income of 250K or more you will no longer be able to deduct charitable donations. But these folks are the ones who fund the arts, children's groups, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, libraries, health clinics for the needy etc.

When Senator Biden was chosen as VP by then Senator Obama, I looked and looked for red flags from others, about having two lawyers as our leaders. No offense to ALL lawyers, but from what I have seen they know very little about running a business and a whole lot about making a mess of the country with one law after another, and for the smallest thing.

I want less government and less taxes and NO nanny state. I think it was Thomas Paine who said 'That government is best which governs least'.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > If you make less than $250,000. in one year ..........