Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > WEIRDEST SANDWICH YOU HAVE EATEN      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 emruld
Msg: 150
WEIRDEST SANDWICH YOU HAVE EATENPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
try the peanut butter and mayo with cucumber.. mmmmmmm
 pinciperro
Msg: 151
WEIRDEST SANDWICH YOU HAVE EATEN
Posted: 4/27/2009 8:04:36 AM
While our foreign exchange student lived with us, visiting from Germany, she introduced me to this sandwich...
one slice of wheat bread, soft mozzarella cheese, tomato, and sprinkled with basil.
She got me hooked on it and I couldn't wait for her to come home from school so we could bond over these.

I have since heard that they are really popular all over the world.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 152
Posted: 4/27/2009 10:01:01 AM
Salmon, white chocolate, and macademia nuts, with a slice of cheddar, on Pumpernickel.
I was pregnant, yes.
 beelzebubbles
Msg: 153
Posted: 4/27/2009 1:23:50 PM
Yes the Monte Cristo is an odd sandwich. I like the way it used to be made before they deep fried it.

Two pieces of French Toast
Ham
Turkey
Mozzerella

Grill to melt the cheese

then serve with Maple syrup

must be eaten with a knife and fork.

The oddest sandwich I ever made was peanut butter and jelly with pickles on whole wheat.

MikeM1968
Msg: 154
Posted: 4/27/2009 9:06:24 PM
I'll double on the Monte Cristo, only I really enjoy the deep fat fried one that Bennigans used to make, they'd serve it with a little bowl of Raspberry jelly for dipping in. I'd never think of dipping something like that into Jelly, but it was so delicious. Sadly, no more Bennigans around here anyway. I'd kill to find some place that makes the same kind of sandwich though.

The only other weird thing I never had (yes I said never) was what they referred to as a "smash" sandwich. These could be found overseas in France when I was in the Navy. Usually the smaller vendors made these. Basically a cheese steak with french fries inside the sandwich "smashed" into it.

Mike
 Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
Msg: 155
Posted: 4/27/2009 9:08:49 PM
I can tell you the weirdest sandwich my son has eaten ...

White bread, Pringles & Hot Sauce.

Apparently, it's a college staple.
 kwdenise
Msg: 156
Posted: 4/28/2009 1:42:25 AM
When I was pregnant, it was pb. pickles and mayo. Now i LOVE fried pb'j (think Grilled as in cheese) and pb, butter and brown sugar on wonder bread.
 softy63
Msg: 157
Posted: 4/28/2009 8:08:23 AM
In Australia we have the pleasure of being home to Hunstman Spiders which live in our houses and are mostly as big as your outstretched hand.

In times of famine from droughts its not unusual for some of us to catch one of those spiders, pick its legs off and enjoy the juicy abdomen. Full of goodness. Yum yum!!

Their legs are kept to deep fry. Yum....crunchy.

The spiders' skin is kept for medicinal purposes......spider skin in your eye is good for conjunctivitis, dry eyes and dark circles under the eyes.

The hair from their legs can be made into a paste with the spider's guts or the neighbour's dog dribble. When cooled it can be placed on our faces. The sticky paste is both hairy and thick so can be used in the pubic area if desired.

english lass
Msg: 158
Posted: 4/28/2009 9:10:46 AM
um... yummy?

*shudders*

not weird, per say, well, at least not compared to other 'delicacies' (still shuddering, lol) but i remember my gran making me sugar toast for a treat sometimes - toast with butter and sugar sprinkled on top

it was something she'd picked up during the war, i think, when jam and sweets were scarce

...i haven't had that for ages

edit: on reading about the steak and fries smooshed into a sandwich posted above, it reminded me of 'chip sarnies' (sandwiches) in england - basically a sandwich with french fries in it... talk about comfort (cholestral) food... but so yummy on a cold winters' day
 LuvTravl
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 2:03:02 PM
Bread, butter and garlic. Yum!
 R-eives
Msg: 160
Posted: 4/28/2009 2:44:42 PM
The bread was missing.
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 161
Posted: 4/30/2009 5:48:26 AM
"Soft".......................you're a shocker.............

STOP giving away the secrets of one of our fave sangas.........

Everyone around the globe now is going to want a taste of this Aussie delicacy..........

JSlade58
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2009 3:09:39 PM
Buffalo lip on a hard roll.
 msdenissen3
Msg: 163
Posted: 5/1/2009 11:18:23 AM
In college I was obssessed with bagel sandwiches with creamcheese, sprouts, and crushed Doritos.
Fluffernutters are really great too.
Marshmellow and peanut butter grilled in buttered white bread covered in chocolate.
It's amazing.
Oh, the elvis tower of power is great too,
French toast sandwiching banana's and peanutbutter and chocolate covered with maple syrup.
 d0rene
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2009 8:18:31 PM
Hmmm.. two actually. One I learned when I was a kid - a Radish sandwich. Buktter bread, slice radishes in half, line them up on the bread and enjoy. I haven't had one in forever and it sounds good!

The other is one I came up with. Spread peanut butter on one slice of bread, spread Nutella ( a choclate nut spread) then place sliced bananas in the middle. Thkat doesn't sound half bad right now either........
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > WEIRDEST SANDWICH YOU HAVE EATEN