Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "You are everything I ever wanted in a woman..."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 274
view profile
History
You are everything I ever wanted in a woman...Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
@Tinkerr Belle

Sure, homemaking might feel entrapping but....let's be honest...as a women you want security and stability. So you dedicate your entire life to finding that exact man you can build a secure relationship with and setup a family with. Your life revolves around finding him.( let's be honest!)

You fantasize about it all the time.

you look up engagement ring.

You plan out your wedding before it even happens.

you have decided the location, what everyone will wear....EVERYTHING. lol

A man would be lucky to even think deeply about being married until it comes close to the date.

and also as a guy, you have to wonder.....will she stay the same once we're married? Will she change to who she really is because now she is secure and doesn't have to put up a fron to reel me in or keep me interested in marrying her?

i'm just trying to give you some insight into our world.
 Tinkerr Belle
Msg: 275
view profile
History
You are everything I ever wanted in a woman...
Posted: 10/16/2011 11:23:00 PM
Yeah, I see your point Artemis and I'm not saying it's a foul point of view. However, when a relationship goes sour, a woman also feels very much trapped. It could be, not only because the woman changes, but guys also change after shacking up together. You start to take your partner for granted and mediocrity sets in big time in the relationship.
 WidowInLoveAgain
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2012 7:07:52 PM
Update: In one week it will be three years since that first date. I definitely am blessed having found the second love of my life. Tonight at dinner he actually said, " Each day it gets better." I am happy, and life is full. Hang in there ladies and gents. You can find lasting love on POF.
 BEACHBUM611
Msg: 277
Posted: 1/24/2012 7:29:30 PM
Sounds like a wimp to me!!!! If I'm into a woman, really into her, I'm chillin' with her 100% no yo yo, no b.s., no games......straight up no chaser!!!
 onlydateIF
Msg: 278
Posted: 1/24/2012 11:41:12 PM
I confess I haven't read any of his works myself, but a friend shared often and a lot about the mans emotional coming close/moving away dynamic being eloquently explained by an author named Chuck Spezzano. Even though I have never read his material , I feel I've heard ample profound commentary on the topic supposedly coming from Mr Spezzano that it satisfied my curiosity about this dynamic to the point I am able to let go and just think men are like the ebbs and flows of the ocean. Hopefully you can check his stuff out at library, buy at bookstore or google to find him if he does ebooks, which seems to be the trend w/ a lot of these relationship guru types. Good luck OP and keep your life going regardless of his ebbs and flows. You won't be forgotten most likely for honoring his man cave time
 WidowInLoveAgain
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2012 7:42:30 PM
Well, its been three years and eight months since that first message on POF.
I see him every day after work, and we spend every weekend together. I hear I love you on a daily basis
We have shared every holiday as a blended family for the last 20 months and been on three blended family vacations. The kids refer to themselves as step siblings, (i.e. brothers and sisters). We have at least two family dinners a week with the five of us. We have not combined households yet but the kids are teenagers and we are letting them grow up and become independent without us disrupting their lives.

Tonight as I hung up the phone I said, "You have no idea how much I love you." He replied, "I do and I feel the same way."

Honestly, I remember those initial months like they were yesterday, and he says its still true, I am everything he ever wanted in a woman. I can tell by the way he looks at me, and the tone in his voice when he says I love you.

I will keep you posted. I don't want those of you on here to lose hope.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2012 7:45:36 PM
Well congrats!!!
We like happy endings.
Just to geez off the bitter shrews!
LOL
 1bellanella
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2012 8:34:27 PM
So glad to hear it, Widow. Thanks for the boost. :D
 MrGenuine72
Msg: 282
Posted: 5/22/2013 1:26:20 AM
Unfortunately a lot of men are like that which ruin it for honest guys like me & it's sad that women get played for fools & is understandable that women find it hard to trust someone that is honest. Yes some women are like that but more so men!!!
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 283
Posted: 5/22/2013 6:46:01 AM
^^You resurrected this thread after a year for that??

If you'd read the few posts ahead of yours you would know that the OP is still 'dating' that man 4 years later and, as of the last post and her profile, they are still very happy together.

In other words, OP's guy was not a liar/player who makes honest guys like you (gak) look bad.

You can appear dim all on your own.
 WidowInLoveAgain
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2013 8:16:05 PM
Hello everyone. Another update. The month of October marks five years since my fish contacted me her on POF and we are still together. We a happy in love, and planning to merge households at some point. We have children to consider here (20, 18, 17) and these days kids are slow to leave the nest.

Recently his son told his girlfriend of six months "Thanks for being everything I ever wanted." When I told him what his son had said, he laughed and said the apple does not fall far from the tree.

I am still everything he ever wanted in a woman and more.

I am so thankful to POF for providing this dating site, and giving us the opportunity to meet.
 ICtheLite
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2013 10:25:25 PM
Congratulations WidowinLoveagain. Glad to hear it :)
 sunnydaysss
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2013 3:39:30 AM
Hi there OP, "You are everything I ever wanted in a woman" is a line...even A guy told me this..its a way of making a woman feel secure and at ease but later when they dont match the actions does the opposite and the lady starts feeling anxious and doubtful ..and has bascially fallen in love with the man and his words...Only ever look to their actions..as he may be genuine..but you are way too emotionally invested on him and deleting his number to give him some space, isnt going to make you any less anxious...sometimes we feel this when we fall for someone but that little voice says although the words are great something doesnt feel right...instead of concentrating on him..try to figure out and listen to you inner voice..tell him you have developed feelings and would like to be exclusive..and look really look at the actions from then on and view him objectively and see if he responds in a way that reassures you or you are left more anxious with more withdrawls...also drop the "men are scared mentality" men are not scared of committing they are scared of committing to the wrong person..and usually give you all the red flags you need to show you may be the wrong person..all while telling you how great you are and so on.focus on your inner voice and let it guide youin this situation..its you best friend
 sunnydaysss
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2013 3:45:33 AM
^^^ Just read the happy ever after..he was genuine so my advice can be for the non genuine ones out there...gd stuff OP. also proving my point men are not scared of committing to right woman
 CarpeOmnia
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2013 1:41:16 PM
Hello widowinloveagain....we met on here too:) Got married a month ago. He is the best man I've ever met...
So they do exist here on POF.
Your story has been fun to read. Best of luck going forward with your merging of households.
It's also been a hoot reading the posts of those who haven't read any of the thread.
 strawberryrippleicecream
Msg: 290
Posted: 10/8/2013 5:50:30 PM
Thats great news - but truely three years - without commitment - is way too long to be kept on a string - all of us women these days, need to know what we want - what we will accept - and what we wont - if anyone crosses our defined boundries, and expects us, or asks us, to put up with any form of Bull - please say - NO

Teased by an experienced sociopathic teaser - is sometimes difficult to recognise - but it's highly likely it's the trait, of a con man, playing games, with youre heart and grace generosity and love.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > "You are everything I ever wanted in a woman..."