Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Pittsburgh Penguins      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lisianthus64
Msg: 51
Pittsburgh PenguinsPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm hoping for a miracle against Detroit at this point. -- You got your miracle! Although I don't think it was a miracle.

And I think the headlines will say they play as a team. Perhaps Hossa, Mr. I-Want-Glory-For-Myself, will take note of that.
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 52
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/12/2009 8:33:53 PM
Congrats steelcity must be feeling good winning the cup! and not only that the Superbowl to boot in the same year!

Guess those 12 cups means squat now
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/12/2009 8:38:49 PM
Thanks Jac. Those 12 cups still mean something for the Red Wings. I mean Joe Louis Arena wouldn't be still standing without them.

I'm sorry but after all the crap i have heard coming from some red wings fans in here during this series, I just have to talk a little smack back.
 areelady
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/12/2009 8:51:59 PM
Good grief! Crosby did one thing....Refs were major pro Crosby kissers!!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/12/2009 8:53:34 PM
Yep just keep on blaming the refs for the Red wings choking performance.

areelady
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/12/2009 8:54:17 PM
Detroit played fantastic hockey...and whining is not...fact it is....major offsides not called etc....but no matter....Fluery played great goal....However....to say that Crosby was a major factor in the win is idiocy
 areelady
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/12/2009 8:57:28 PM
steel...I dont think you watched the same game that I did...always helps to take off those red colored glasses
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/12/2009 9:01:19 PM
Who said anything about Crosby being a major factor tonight? I don't see anyone saying that. Bottom line is bad puck management was the reason why the Red Wings lost tonight which cost them 2 goals because of that. Not to mention the Red Wings had 2 power play opportunities and did nothing with them.

You are right, maybe you should have taken off those red colored glasses, because you are making excuses for the reason why they lost.
 areelady
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/12/2009 9:07:48 PM
No excuses......waiting for the headlines and pix tomorrow....I feel that due respect and congrats go to the one who actually did something to win that game
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/12/2009 9:16:16 PM
You were just saying that the refs were wearing penguins uniforms and then you were saying the announcers were for the penguins. LOL you do realize that hardly anyone outside of penguins fans gave the penguins any chance of winning the Stanley Cup. Everyone from the media to the sports analyst were all saying Red Wings were going to win it in 5 or 6 games.

fab14
Msg: 61
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/12/2009 9:17:01 PM
I`am glad the red things lossed...They have some of the worst fans have seen in the sport.....Everyone counted this team out after the first few games....It really look good on these detroit fans.... Pittburgh Just shocked the hockey world PITTBURGH 2009 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
 Jake52177
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/12/2009 9:59:37 PM
Pennsylvania is on a roll. 3 0f 4 champions aint bad.
 renoirs_dream
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/12/2009 10:34:15 PM

Renoir and steel keep working on and remember ... your mothers wear army boots!

lol... And she took Stevy Y's leg and beat Pavel over the head with it! Since she wears combat boots, does that mean she could put a size 10 up a red wing fans ARRRSE?

It was a great series though. I enjoyed it both ways. Even last year when the Pens lost. They lost to a better team. This year Detroit just didn't have the extra UMPH! Age is a factor. Refs didn't factor much at all in this series.

GREAT hockey coach to have Sid pretend to be hurt in order to rest him until possibly needed. That way Detroit also lost sight of him in the 3rd. If over time came around then Sid would have been fresh after over 45 minutes of rest...

Now can the Pirates save Pittsburgh?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/13/2009 12:27:59 AM
Now can the Pirates save Pittsburgh?

Ha not until the owners quit treating the pirates like a AAA team and start turning them into a pro team, instead. But it's a good thing in more ways then one that the Penguins won because it puts pressure on the pirates owners to do something to that team.
 grategurl
Msg: 65
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/13/2009 6:51:10 AM
I Have written lyrics for the pittsburgh penguins that is now a song in the victory,,It is currently on 10 radio stations in pittsburgh ,,,,,,,,,,but you can download it right now on www.myspace.com/angelblueandtheprophetsband

it is currently complimentary.................................angel

THEY DID IT!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Kaos86
Msg: 66
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/13/2009 7:58:41 AM
Congrats to the Penns and their fanes.
Crosby and Malkin earn their place in greatness.

wizardofossington
Msg: 67
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:43:08 AM
I'm beginning to see a lot of band wagons here in these forums now that Pittsburg Penguins won the Stanley Cup....Where were they during the regular season?
 lisianthus64
Msg: 68
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:57:51 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I wasn't yet on here during the regular season. I was however sticking by my team all throughout. Congrats, Pens!
 ratherBgolfing
Msg: 69
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/13/2009 10:24:40 AM

Good grief! Crosby did one thing....Refs were major pro Crosby kissers!!

Good grief is right. If you think the refs were pro Crosby, you clearly didn't watch much of the series. The refs were so inconsistent throughout the entire series, there's no way that anyone could claim they were pro ANYONE!

Congrats to the Penguins and in particular Marc Andre Fleury, for finally being a hero instead of a goat, and at the highest level. He's taken a lot of heat over the years for not coming through in the most important games. (I was one of those doubters.) That save with one second remaining will go down as the biggest save of his career, no matter how many more years he plays.
 renoirs_dream
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/13/2009 12:19:37 PM
I may be in Dallas but my Family is from Steubenville, Oh. 35 miles from "The Burgh" Yep, Ya see the commercials all the time... lol

To prove my Pen-fullness

93 Kevin Stevens gets his face smashed. I hate the Islanders with a HUGE hatred for Darius Kasparaitis for the rest of my life. Even when he was a pen. Yea, he did score a GREAT goal and slid down the ice like a penguin....

The 2nd 0-o tie in Dallas Stars History came when Eddie VS Barrasso. Talent on the ice for that game... Modano, Joe, Hull, Sydor, Lemieux, Jagr, Francis, man... The tallent on the ice was great.... I have great pictures from that game. Sat front row next to the Pens bench. Tickets were $110.00 back them.

Can you say I subscribe to the Waddler!

[bold]Does ANYONE here get it besides me? EVEN being in Dallas! [/bold]

Post Crosby... The penguins get calls against ALL the time for NOTHING! The NHL made sure they never made it to the playoffs!

I watch a lot of hockey. I follow players and teams like mad. Pens are my #1, Stars #2, Avs #3... Players.. Billy G, juicy jokinen (only player for Dallas Stars to score 4 goals in one game.), Johan Hedburg, Patrick Lalime, Scott Gomez (yea, I cheered the guy skating the cup around in Dallas on Visitor Ice. Even got a water bottle from him after the game and gave it to a kid who was a Devils fan next to me.)

Got hit in the mush by a Jeremy Roenick slapper that was blocked by a Richard Matvichuk stick. (Was totally blocked off by the body of Matty. Never seen it comin'. Gave the puck away to the guy that caught it off my face. I didn't catch it, why keep it!)

What can I say to sum this up!

"It's a GREAT DAY for Hockey!"
 sweetnsassy56
Msg: 71
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/14/2009 8:35:00 PM
I heard they were giving awayMarian Hossa's special blend coffee at Starbucks today. Only problem....it came WITHOUT a cup!!!!!!!
 Thatguy67
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/14/2009 10:34:05 PM

I heard they were giving awayMarian Hossa's special blend coffee at Starbucks today. Only problem....it came WITHOUT a cup!!!!!!!

Zing!

Congrats to the Penguins for a job well done!

SteelCity1981
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/14/2009 11:26:07 PM
Speaking of Hossa he won't be back next year for the Red Wings. They haven't came out and said it yet but I think his performance in the Stanley Cup Finals let a lot of people down. They don't need him anyhow, it's not like he did anything anyhow for them that's worth resignning and after the fans booed him in game 7 in Detriot, I think it's safe to say that the Red Wing fans aren't going to miss him.
 PSUnity
Msg: 74
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/15/2009 4:10:26 AM
Great season by the Pens. I immediately put my order in for the DVD. Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury played a great roll in the playoffs to get to this point. Well deserved. Glad they got one before the Igloo is no more.
 renoirs_dream
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Pittsburgh Penguins
Posted: 6/15/2009 10:55:17 PM
Hossa reminded me of Thorton.... Great magicians!@!!

They disappear during the playoffs!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Pittsburgh Penguins