Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do successful men want higher maintenance women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _Icon_
Msg: 126
Do successful men want higher maintenance women?Page 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Success just can't be measured in dollars. Definition is too narrow.
 rustygetsit
Msg: 127
Do successful men want higher maintenance women?
Posted: 4/7/2009 8:57:44 AM
Well, it depends on what he considers high maintenance. To some men, that may equate to a trophy chick or eye candy; to others, it may be the management of her personal issues. I think all men would appreciate a woman who took care of herself, groomed herself, and had some element of style - especially if it enhances him from time to time. That's not saying she should shed who she really is, or not being comfortable and abandoning her own style, etc. I've had guys say they don't like makeup; they like a woman who's plain and natural - I'm none of that. Yet, they still call ... why's that?
 Brainsandbrauny
Msg: 128
Posted: 4/7/2009 8:58:11 AM
The way a men and women care for their selves says alot about there personal discipline. Certianly there are individuals who have medical problems and therefore some things cannot be helped. Outside that issue, I like high maintenance is very important when evaluating a mate.
 trustediva
Msg: 129
Posted: 4/16/2009 8:16:27 AM
brains.. how do you define high maintenance. I have lots of discipline. Workout 3X week, hike on weekends, run my dog every day- sometimes twice. Very disciplined- just not always a girly girl. Not my style. Putting on makeup and doing my hair takes me 5 mins. Not into all that fussing- no interest in that.
 cfb62
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 1:45:19 PM
Men care about appearances.
Period.
Unless they're losers looking for a woman to financially support them.
 redarcangel
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 1:54:58 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^......................................

^^^So.. does that mean women either have to be drop dead gorgeous.. or rich.. in order for the men that dates them.. to not be a loser?

I'm not sure I get that one.

Then.. does that mean men have to either be drop dead gorgeous.. or rich.. in order for the women dating them.. not to be a loser?

Hmmmm.... ? Beauty "is" in the eye of the beholder.

I would think "mutual respect" and "mutual compatability" would be higher on my list of maintenance practices.JMO
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 2:05:33 PM
I have to agree, Twisted Sister.....I am the Hygiene Nazi.....
 big22blue
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2009 6:33:05 PM
different strokes trustediva, everyone is different. all in what you want and what you're looking for at that time. women that are decked out aren't always high maintenance. It is all in how you deal with how you look. A lady can look decked out in jeans or in a little black dress. the details and accessories often give it that push. don't worry about makeup, focus on how you want to look when you walk into that room to see your guy and what you want him to see. that is all any of us have.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/24/2011 8:22:18 PM
an interesting enough thread that deserves to be revived....
 Synectics
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/25/2011 7:37:24 AM
"High maintenance" can mean:
1. Needs lots of time
2. Needs lots of effort
3. Are very fussy and particular
4. Are difficult and troublesome
5. Are annoying
6. Have high expectations of her partner or date
7. Will be quick to reject a person if those expectations are not met
8. Hard to please, not easily impressed
9. Takes forever to get ready
10. Something all but the most patient and tolerant men should avoid like the plague.

What I think is wrong is when a woman demands these things from someone when she isn’t capable of providing them for herself. Or when she forces a man to go into debt just to maintain a facade, which isn’t affordable for either of them. A man complying with such demands need to reassess his involvement with this type of woman and bid her farewell.
 abelian
Msg: 136
Posted: 12/25/2011 8:53:04 AM
I like high self-maintenance women.
 313ezlivin
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2011 10:37:10 AM
Noooo some of us really dont want high maintenance. Humble and natural I'd want. Why?? Cus how are you gonna go mud bogging or just jump in a lake on a hottt summer day if your worried your eye lashes are gonn a fall off or your 500$ weave will be ruined..... natural beaty is for me, makes for adventures and not a trophy... peace
 TryAgan
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2011 4:47:08 AM

I like high self-maintenance women

Even better would be a high-performance, maintenance-free kind.
 Seakyttten
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2011 6:42:48 AM
I was told today by a matchmaker that successful, intelligent executives want women who are on the medium-higher maintenance side. ie. they do their hair, wear makeup, heels, sexy clothes. They aren't interested in more 'earthy' women- I guess like me. The men she set me up with said I didn't seem to spend much time getting ready to meet them. I didn't wear makeup (once I didn't- I met him for a coffee while I was running my son's birthday party at the pool). She told me it wasn't that they were looking for a woman 20 yrs younger, just one more 'done'

So what is it that men look for. One man looked at me and immediately decided I didn't look good for him. So, I've met 4 men and I'm zero for 4. comments?

Based on my experience when dating successful men in the past op, I found they wanted more of a 'trophy girlfriend' more than anything and I base my definition of 'successful' men in the legal, medical or investment field. I was supposed to just 'appear' at functions wearing make-up, high heels and dressed to the nines when in essence I couldn't WAIT to get home, wash all that crap off my face and lounge around my place in my sweats.

Who cares what men are looking for nowadays? What matters is what you're looking for and how comfortable you are around someone. I don't take any comfort in getting into a man's $40,000 sports car and having him take me to a jewelry store that you have to hit a buzzer in order to enter..then him whining to the sales clerk about his rolex not working properly. (This actually happened to me last year..I couldn't wait to leave the store..and him.)

If dating a successful man means me having to be someone I'm clearly not then I'll take a blue-collar worker any day of the week! :) Since I wear no make-up at all anymore and barely wear shoes unless they're flip-flops (I live in Florida), then I don't suspect many 'lawyer types' are going to want me accompanying them to the opera anytime soon.

Seakytten
 CptJohnSheridan
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/26/2011 9:00:04 AM
If you seek people for whom their appearance as judged by others is of high importance to them, then you should also expect that shallowness to be projected upon you.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 141
Posted: 12/26/2011 8:48:22 PM
Successful men see an attractive wife as a reflection of their success. You are their "trophy" and they think you should shine like a jewel. You will be trotted out at company functions and judged like a prize mare. The more compliments he gets on having such a beautiful, smart, put-together wife, the more deeply he will love you...as he would any possession of great value

If that is what you want, get thee to a spa for highlights, a mani-pedi and some designer heels. But if you want down to earth, look for a guy who is a middle class schmoe who will love you for who you are inside. You'll be less wealthy, but you will be happpier.
 aremeself
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2011 9:54:51 PM
these guys seem to GET those kinds of women too.
not a shortage of them types.

they probably get recycled too.
 FloridaLady46
Msg: 143
Posted: 12/27/2011 2:34:48 PM
I think the OP should have asked the matchmaker exactly what the men didn't like about her. Unlike POF where you might have no follow up after an unsuccessful meet and greet, this matchmaker could have questioned the men. Maybe it was not her appearance, but something else that turned them off.

In my opinion, I do believe that most people want someone who places as much effort in their appearance as they do, or better.
 letzgo4it
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2011 9:53:39 PM
I agree, and will take it one step forward. Men who are high profile (and/or who think they are) feel that they are personally judged by OTHER MEN with regard to the woman on their arm, and the sad truth of the matter is that they ARE.
 aremeself
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2011 10:11:11 PM

not necessarily, but they look good.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 146
Posted: 12/11/2012 7:43:09 AM
I agree, whenever I have been at pricier venues, or nice venues, I notied that the women looked more put together & the men had the $$

I enjoy successful men, therefore, I try to appear higher maintenance, while I consider myself medium, LOL

Some successful men don't care 4 higher maintenance as long as the woman is naturally attractive...
 timeforall
Msg: 147
Posted: 12/11/2012 8:14:02 AM
Haven't read most of the posts here, but I get the drift. It is a bash the successful guy thread, because after all, successful guys are merely shallow human beings who care only about money and appearance . . . . sure thing. The facts are different of course. Most successful men generally are intelligent, confident,know how to talk to and motivate people, have high emotional iqs, etc. Of course they want women similar to themselves. Has nothing to do with wanting a trophy wife, but wanting a wife who is attractive, has class, is intelligent, etc. If you define higher maintenance women to mean shallow or baitchy women, what successful guy would feel he needed to put up with that? Successful guys have options after all. They don't have to settle for women who are too fat to fit in a door, too dumb to hold a conversation, so low class that you can't hide all of their tattoos, etc.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 8:24:23 AM

I was told today by a matchmaker that successful, intelligent executives want women who are on the medium-higher maintenance side. ie. they do their hair, wear makeup, heels, sexy clothes. They aren't interested in more 'earthy' women- I guess like me. The men she set me up with said I didn't seem to spend much time getting ready to meet them. I didn't wear makeup (once I didn't- I met him for a coffee while I was running my son's birthday party at the pool). She told me it wasn't that they were looking for a woman 20 yrs younger, just one more 'done'

So what is it that men look for. One man looked at me and immediately decided I didn't look good for him. So, I've met 4 men and I'm zero for 4. comments?

It surprises me that a woman would be matched up with men that would repeatedly reject her. A good matchmaker would be familiar with the concept of leagues. In other words, she wouldn't normally set up a person who's an 8 or 9 on the attractiveness scale with a 6. The one exception are the very wealthy clients. Those people can pretty much afford to buy whatever they want---and they will take advantage of that.

Some successful men don't care 4 higher maintenance as long as the woman is naturally attractive...

"Successful" and "naturally attractive" can be subjective.
 CaptainAmericaOO7
Msg: 149
Posted: 12/11/2012 8:54:17 AM
By high-maintainance, i think of gold-diggers. I most certainly don't want one of those. They take your money then move to the next victim. Hookers are cheaper and abetter prospect thanthat kind of woman!
As far as cosmetics are concerned i am a minimalist - not into women who paint themselves up like cheap hookers.
 tulipsforme474
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/11/2012 9:59:52 AM
"I enjoy successful men, therefore, I try to appear higher maintenance, while I consider myself medium, LOL"

Some women will whore themselves out to the highest bidder. I would rather be who I am, why pretend or "appear" to be something you're not. Sounds disengenous and juvenile.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do successful men want higher maintenance women?