Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > It's not POF--it's the phonies!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LifesSimplicity
Msg: 60
It's not POF--it's the phonies!Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I can attest to this...
The first decent person I was to meet off of here, up and poofed on me...
Is it the age, where people now all the sudden ask for a meeting, agree to it, then disappear....
A lot of men and women on dating sites are just not ready for the commitment of actually meeting/ talking its more alluring for some to just email chat....

It is irritating!!
 LifesSimplicity
Msg: 61
It's not POF--it's the phonies!
Posted: 1/12/2010 11:42:50 AM

You're crazy then. I mean seriously to even stoop that low. I am nasty looking and I don't enjoy or appreciate having people like you lie to me.

Hun, you aren't nasty. And to have such low self esteem, I want to just grab you and hug you. Someone didn't treat you right growing up, and I apologize, but whatever you consider good looking must be so far from it.
You are a nice looking woman. So what if you think you have something in you, on you, or about you that makes you nasty.. Others don't see it, but I feel you should try and see the good in yourself, it is definately not good on your mental or physical self to think this way. I can not imagine what you must go through daily to think like this.

;(
 petedc1987
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 3:24:06 AM
kudos to that one buddy as for the guy that did the two prfile experiment ive done the same thing one i was my honest self with pictures the other i was a complete slimeball totally not me the one ware i was nasty talkin bout sex an crap, and had no picture got way more results. unbeleiveable how shallow women are ive been out of the dating game for 4 years i met a girl 5 years ago in high school went out with her for 3 and married her didnt work out though. my point is 90 percent of the profiles i look at say looking for honest, non cheating, nice, romantic, guy with a good heart. somthing that includes those and i only look at the chemitry result which are a joke to the women. they are so shallow they look at the profile and delete dont read em or nothing. now there are a few nice ladies on here but they end up being not my type or do drugs or have like 3 kids or somthing. im 22 not really ready for kids. anyways. i hope my incite has added to the fuss lol i love the lil smiley dudes.
 spottyjackson
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2010 1:54:15 PM
seriously, what did you expect to receive?? everyone makes a first "judgement" via looking at a picture, just like they would if they were in a bar, restaurant, beach, etc. not that i don't agree that alot of both men & women will message someone without even reading their profile - which is usually obvious when they message you (if you pay attention). but, i do believe that the majority of people don't just reply to the typical 'beauty' of a person.....it's all about what interests THAT particular person and what we each perceive as nce looking to us. i, personally, stay away from those 'pretty boys' whose profiles state they are so very down-to-earth and looking for that special woman, & on & on as i have messaged a few (just to see) & got back messages that essentially were looking for sex. Why?? POF does have a sex personals site, so just go on there if that's what you're looking for, yes?? i have generally had good experiences with those i've chatted with, and/or met, so i have no complaints on that end.
 Cow_Girl_Up
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/19/2010 1:03:30 PM
I wanted to reply to your post because I feel that honest is still the best policy....If you are an average joe, then there is nothing wrong with posting that....if you work out and are muscular then post that....if you have a few extra pounds then post that....I beleive that a person should post the obvious.....there are always things you dont post until you atleast talk to the person....
I have been on here for almost almost 2 months....and let me tell you....I have been lied to, stood up, played, etc....I know it is not me, so I get very frustrated....I skim through the profiles, and yes looking at the photos first. If I see one I like, then I read the profile, and if I think that it might be a match then I send them a message.....if someone has lied on their profile, then they will not have a chance with me, even if they are drop dead gorgeous.....
I can't speak for other ladies, but honesty is the most important thing, then there has to be an attraction, lets face it, would you want to kiss a woman who had facial hair or was in your opinion, not attractive to you....men are just as dishonest and shallow as those women who are.
 Cow_Girl_Up
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/19/2010 1:22:06 PM
To continue from the other post I just posted.....
I know I am not tall, and I know I am not big breasted, not to mention a few flaws on my body that are not perfect....however I worked very hard to lose the weight I gained after having 4 kids and worked out so as not to fall apart by the time I am my age now....I take pride in the way I look but an not shallow or superficial....I take pride in not being a high maintenance gal - I dont get my hair done, dont go to the salon and get my nails done - I dont buy designer jeans or clothes....I am happy with who I am and the way I look, but know their is room for improvement....
However, I dont think it is fair that guys let themselves go and dont seem to care about what goes in their bodies, or how they look, whether their belly hangs over their jeans and they can't see their feet....What I think and what I am looking for is nothing more then an equal to myself....and maybe there are guys who feel the same....but I have not met any of them yet....What I have gotten so far is as follows:
1. A convicted sex offender. 2. A guy who has done drugs all of his life but has been clean for 8 months, and by the way he kisses like a fish. 3. Two guys stood me up, one because he says he fell asleep, and the other because he lent his car out and did not have any mode of transportion. 4. A guy sho had a physical handicap with his legs, which makes it had for him to walk, or stand for long periods of time....and on my profile it specifically states that I am looking for some one to ride horses with, go for walks with and just plain do things together. This guy did not tell me prior to meeting that he had this handicap and on top of that, he smoked pot at night for the pain. 5. I had one guy who did not call when he said he would or show up when he would and had a female room mate and could not seem to answer his phone when he was at home....hmmm room mate, my foot.
I have gotten hit up on by guys looking for a physical relationship and guys who could pass as the hunch back of notre dame. And yes guys who could stand to put down the burger and fries....not to mention the guys who live with their parents because they are between jobs.....One guy wanted me to marry him and move to Roseburg because he is looking for a wife.....
I have yet to find a normal guy who matches me yet.....So maybe you could tell me were to find one of those.....you know, some one that matches my self.....
 smileforgzus
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/20/2010 7:39:53 AM
You know what at one time I'd say look at the success stories but now I think they are all a crock. I sent in my success story like a year ago and I went through all 200 pages a week or so ago and my story was not put up. Perhaps all those success stories really are fakes, I mean if they weren't why after a year would mine not be put up?
 smileforgzus
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/20/2010 11:35:14 AM
I guess I was just hoping that at least some of the stories under the success story link were real...

As cybury mentioned my story is real even if Markus doesn't post it. This site does work but don't expect to ever see your success story on the success story link. I've been with my husband since 2006 and my story still wasn't posted.
 Geord_Man
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/22/2010 1:42:04 PM
I'm putting a challenge out to all the women out there:

TELL US WHAT YOU WANT.

I get the feeling that what you all do want is some supermodel hunk with no flaws. My profile isn't perfect and I don't look like Brad Pitt, but it's honest and straight to the point. I'm the best I can be. No more, no less. The women who don't bother with me seem to want the perfect guy, and the women that do contact me tell me they have psychic powers. I'm not trying to assess blame for not finding anyone, because I'm happy with or without someone, but it just seems like there's not even a chance for the normal guys like me. Maybe, just maybe, if some of the women on here actually talked to the guys who message them rather than judging them on their looks, they'd find something worthwhile.
 JRob33
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2010 2:54:26 PM
When I posted an ad saying how I was good looking, well-to-do, professional...I got responses.
When I posted the truth of being an "average joe"--I got squat.

? Doesn't that make you one of those "Phonies".....I know I know you did it as an experiment...IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE right?
 Cow_Girl_Up
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/24/2010 2:04:24 AM
I see your challenge and I am not affraid to tell you what it is that I want.....

First of all I have been married twice....and put up with alot from them....

Ok here it is, I am looking for some one who is more my equal.....which means.....he should be honest, caring, loving and passionate......He should be pleasing to the eye, because I have been told that I am not bad looking for some one my age.....I have been able to keep my body looking pretty good and care about how I look.....I dont just sit on the couch and veg out, as a couch potato.....and had to work very hard to get the weight off after having 4 kids....I would like to see a man carry a baby, let alone 4 and gain all that weight, then work as hard as i did, working out, cutting out the fat in their food and some of that stuff is bland. Not to mention cutting down the portions....Hell some men have a belly bigger then I ever did when i was pregnant with my 9 lb baby......It is only fair that I ask for a guy who can actually see his feet when he stands up and does not groes me out when he is naked, because after all, I like to get turned on in the sack just as much as a guy does when they see a woman who gives them a hard on because they look that good.....If that is shallow, then oh well.....maybe guys should take a good look in the mirror and ask themselves if they would sleep with them if they were a woman.....

I want a man who has a job, because I am not going to support a man.....he must have a car, because I am not a chaufeur.....I dont want a man who is a convict, has duii's, does drugs, or smokes.....I also want a man who likes horses and maybe owns one himself, because I have a few and like to ride.....I have children so he must be respectfull of that and maybe even participate in family outings, eventually.

I also do not take kindly if a man is married, living with his parents, or living in a trailer in a trailer park....I dont want a man who is on disability because that means he is disabled and I dont want that.....I dont want some one who has mental illness issues.....Because I work in the phsyc field and dont want to come home to that.....

So i guess it is better to say what I dont want some times rather then what I do want.

Oh and one more thing.....if a man has told me he wants to date, then that means call when you say you are going to call, not two hours later and show up when you say, not 4 hours later and dont stand me up and make up some lame excuse, i dont have time for that.....

Sincerily a Cowgirl
 bigben1731
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/25/2010 2:33:51 AM
thats why alot of guys wont date single mums period thought to let you know cow girl
 sexywenchforever
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2010 9:29:51 PM
I signed on here a few days ago and I've emailed some people I'm interested in, with and without picures (based on what they wrote on their profile), and what I discovered is that some of the "women" are really men just posing, and begging for me to send pictures or asking me to tell them what I want to do to them, etc., etc., etc. It's frustrating because you really are trying to make a connection, but have to deal with all the BS from the phoney baloney. Some have not responded at all, at least have the courtesy to say "no thank you".

About profiles with pics, if I get a bad vibe of a picture, I pass the person over. Sometimes I read their profile as well, but once I get that feeling in my stomach nothing is going to change it. I think there are some good looking women and men on the site, but for me it's the vibe I get off the picture, plus their profile info. Hope that doesn't sound nutty, that's just how I feel. I would also post several different pics - sometimes we look good in one but not the other.

About the "balding" men comment - my husband has a bit of a dome chrome, but that didn't detter me from wanting to get to know him and marry him. Looks are important, but how you are treated and loved is more important.

sexywenchforever
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2010 12:07:07 PM
Cybury, I told my husband a long time ago, I wanted to find a "friend" and he was OK with that. Like I stated in my post, I'm not interested in 3-somes with my husband or anyone else's husband, and if I find that elusive friend, then I will put on my big girl panties and tell him what I did. Will he be angry, yes, but he will understand when I explain why I took this route. Will we continue to be happily married, yes. I love him and only him.

Please don't assume that I'm here playing games. I've stated what I'm looking for and how I'm going about finding it so that it's every is clear. Quite frankly, what I do and how I do it is no one's business. Good luck with your search.
 CaliFenix84
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/7/2010 5:36:46 PM
I'm pretty sure they are "phonies" in the name POF but they exist everywhere in this entire planet. You can meet phonies as well when you go to your favorite spot, bar, club, cafe, anywhere and this site is just one of many. Why do people do it, I have no clue but I'm pretty sure there are numerous reasons. Now for you to go and being a phony yourself to see what the fuss is about and go back to your actually profile, I would say that was an act of karma on that part. However why alot of girls don't message the "average joes"? Well women can ask why a lot of guys don't message girls with kids or they have a touch of baby fat. People have preferences here and you didn't meet their expectations. You can go different routes like the badboy and smart mouth but if you can't back it up on the first date, a woman can smell BS a mile away.
 kscribe
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/26/2010 4:58:06 AM
It is hard to sort out who is really genuine. I think friendship should be considered first and then see what happens, but unfortunately there are guys out there that won't give friendship a chance (0bviously you excluded). You can never have enough friends whether it be male or female. There are guys out there that just want to lead you down the garden path and to prove what. Lets get real. I am a professional with a career and very independent (that is genuine). As for the women who are posing with their cleavage showing, they obvious are teasers, but we don't all fall into that category. I don't have a picture posted, but my profile says it all. I know most guys won't even look at your profile without a picture. Lets get real. We are on this site because obviously our previous relationship/relationships failed for whatever reason. We are not in our twenties and I would hope that men or women in our age category would have the self esteem and self confidence to move forward and be true to themselves. Isn't honesty the best policy. I think I have rambled enough. I hope everyone who reads this takes a good look at themselves and reconsider why they are really on this site.
 kscribe
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/26/2010 5:10:01 AM
I couldn't agree more with your last statement, but from my point of view I find that guys are exactly the same as what you are describing about women. It is very disappointmenting as this is my first experience using one of these sites. By the way, why are you on this site, you are young and I am sure there is a nice girl out there for you. I think you are looking in the wrong place. From the few success stories that you do hear about on sites like this, they must be few and far between. They should rename the site plenty of players .... (LOL). Get off this site and get involved at some activities at UBC.... sorry I must sound like your mother. These are the best years of your life.
 jaysoiree
Msg: 77
Posted: 2/26/2010 11:00:11 AM
pic in bath room a simple profile not intent geek pretend fantasy then you will find your match
 downforit2007
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2010 4:27:38 PM

Hey guys many men in here are phonies too...

Yeah, I suppose many of those "phony men" are gold diggers too, only interested if the person on the profile seems to make over $50k a year and drives a nice car! Geez, you're a jerk! What's wrong? You latch onto guys because their profile sounded like they were rich and successful but you then find out that they barely make $25k a year and you ditch them for someone else? In my book, anyone who can make the rent with money to spare is successful. That makes ME successful.

Go latch onto another site with your "men are phony" crap. At least I get to read about some women who are leaving this site because they found a wonderful guy to be with in no regards to his financial assets. Maybe I'll be one of those guys too.
 logicalempire
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:34:33 AM
This is kinda getting old now.

downforit though, hit the nail on the head brilliantly.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > It's not POF--it's the phonies!