Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > NBA Playoffs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StraightedgeStyle
Msg: 351
NBA PlayoffsPage 15 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
If only. Even though Bynum is getting tutored by Kareem, he's pretty much been nothing more than a quick 5 or 6 fouls for most of the postseason.

As much talk as there is about Kobe and him chasing a ring sans-Shaq, this series will be won or lost in the paint.
 ShabbiKid
Msg: 352
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/11/2009 9:01:55 AM
The Lakers cannot outshoot the Magic. Defense was the key the two games won by the Lakers. Odom has to stay out of foul trouble because Bynum will get in foul trouble early and will sit most of the game. Ariza has to give the Lakers the defense he gave the first two games or it's over for the Lakers. I believe Odom and Ariza are the two players that can win a championship for the Lakers.
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 353
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:43:05 AM
Everyone talks about how it will be won in the paint, or how Odom and Ariza is key... or Howard, or the shooting of the Magic beyond the arc.... all true enough. It just boils down to intensity, and who wants it most.

I have heard all the excuses about Lee's miss at the end of regulation in game two, and how the series would be different... well, look, He might have been grabbed, he may have missed the shot, Gasol may have touched the net... a lot of may have's...

What about at the beginning of the game when one of Gasols dunks was blocked by Howard... oh ya.. I mean a non-call of Howard going up through the net and rim to block the shot... There's two points... and the ball out of bounds off Kobe in the end... when it was clearly not off his leg... Lakers ball, and probably two points.... So... all I'm saying is things happen, the game went over time... and Lakers wanted it more.

Even if Kobe made half his free throws that he missed in game three, Laker win.... And this in a game where Orlando shot lights out... and the Lakers played poorly.

Don't look for the Lakers to sleep on D tonight... and I think the Ball will fall a lot more evenly tonight...

It is going to take Bynum to play hard tuff Bball on Howard, and Ariza to play his best D, and for Lamar to have an impact like he is capable... But also Kobe and Gasol need to play their best ball... as well as Farmar and Walton and the rest of the bench... They need a team effort to beat Orlando at home.

Same with Orlando.... Hedo, and Lewis... need to be hot... Howard needs to dominate under the basket and the rest of the team needs to play their parts the best they can....

This is game 4 of the finals... very important for both teams... a must win. Lakers win... they crush the hopes of Orlando... Magic win... It puts pressure on the Lakers to steal game game 5, with Orlando gaining more momentum.

If both teams play the best ball they are both capable, it will be a great game... but LA has the edge. The key is LA defense.
 just alittle crazy II
Msg: 354
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/11/2009 7:22:49 PM
37 Lakers 49 Magic at the half game 4
 fab14
Msg: 355
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/11/2009 9:53:24 PM
Sleepless, Don`t quit your day job. I have called this series 2 a tee...Lakers 1,2,4,6 Sleepless you called a sweep by the magic at home....What ever your smoking can i have some. Money, Money, I love money...Don`t hate da playa...Hate the game MVP>MVP>KOPE Heart wins championships...The magic don`t have any heart...:rolleyes Peace out!
 spendyourtimewell
Msg: 356
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:09:01 PM
3 down 1 to go
enjoy laker haters.

The ghost of brick anderson lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm callin game 5 for LA.
I think it will be close, with La pullin away late in the 3rd
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 357
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/11/2009 10:12:08 PM
Yep... fab 14... thats the same as me... 1,2,4,6 (I actually have a huge bet with a friend) But I don't think LA will let Orlando run away with game 5... But I think the Lakers will have more fun in Orlando thru Sunday than if they had lost tonight.

I almost thought LA was going to spoil it in game three and pull that out in the end and lose my bet for me... Besides 3-0.. would have ruined the series. But LA will win at home in Game 6.... crossing my fingers.

One thing I'll say.... It's so funny how Howard can push and shove guys around... and than Fisher barely puts his elbow on Howard's back and gives him a little shove as Howard is shoving Gasol over and Fish gets called.... It seems ridiculous.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 358
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/11/2009 11:03:14 PM
Oh you mean similiar to how Kobe gets every damn foul called for him in L.A.? I don't even want to hear Jacksons crap about bogus BS calls.

Miss shots on the line killed the Magic tonight. That game would have been over midway through the 4th if they would have made just half of those miss shots from the line. Magic won't lose game 5. If they are going to lose this series it will be game 6 back in L.A. and not in Orlando.
 kow626
Msg: 359
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/12/2009 12:31:38 AM
nelson letting fisher shoot dat 3 nstead of fouling him is wut cost da magic da game. along wit da turnovers n not hitting free throws. but mostly da nelson/fisher thing. if nelson woulda fouled fisher, let him shoot his 2 points, magic woulda had possession n still b up 1 point. they woulda jus held da ball, la fouled em, they make their free throws (hopefully) and da magic woulda won. da game was a wrap. nelson ****ed up big time!!

but da magic can hang wit n beat da lakers. stupid mistakes is wut costs us.
 Andrew_2424
Msg: 360
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/12/2009 12:33:32 AM
Yeah, with the amount of calls Kobe gets I don't see how any Laker fan could complain about any team getting away with pushing and shoving. It's a superstar driven league, and the only people who don't see this are usually people who are fans of the team that has a superstar.

But Orlando has failed to execute in the late stages of yet another game. This is why they are losing the series. The Lakers are not the most athletic team, or maybe even the most talented, but they have Kobe Bryant and they are just a much smarter team that executes and doesn't make the silly mistakes so many other NBA teams do.
 climbsagain
Msg: 361
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:18:45 AM
The magic are hot when the shots fall. However the shots don't always fall.

Yes it is a star driven game. If there were no stars the owners could not charge the large crazy sums people pay to sit and watch the game, or pay their cable bill for that matter.

Laker's in the drivers seat. Shaq has to be pissed off. Too bad big man............now its Kobe's turn!
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 362
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/12/2009 10:17:19 AM
Andrew... I'm not complaining about any team fouling more or less than the other... It is nothing about teams or being a fan... I simply said it is funny how much Howard gets away with shoving people around.... He did it even when I was routing for Orlando over Boston & Cleveland..... It just is hard to watch sometimes when guys get called on nit picky little calls, and others spend all game shoving guys.... That was a good one to point out... because in that one play Howard is shoving Gasol to the floor and Fisher doesn't even move Howard... It just cracks me up what the officials see, to call a foul on Fish on that play.

I agree, some players have the benefit of the doubt... But I honestly don't get what the NBA officials are looking at when they call some of the stuff they call, and I'm not complaining about the calls... I just think it's funny...

By the way... I know just as baskets are going to either go your way, or not... foul calls are going to as well, It's part of the game.

on another note....

Just like someone can point at the Magic losing this game by missing free throws... Lakers lost game 3 by missing free throws. Every game has a play or two where you can point your finger at someone and say he was the reason they lost... But it takes the whole game, not just one play.

And as far as peaking early.... for Orlando going in at half time 12 up.... I believe this is true in a way... But I don't think it is something you can control, You make baskets all game, any and all you can at any point.... I'm sure Orlando was thinking something like doubling that lead by the end of the third quarter... and wasn't thinking they had a big lead and was sitting on it pleased with themselves. I know that the mindset does come into play... and that you do see some guys not play as hard when they are up by 10 points as they do when they are down 10.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 363
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/12/2009 10:26:09 AM
This series is a layup and a derek fischer three pointer away from the magic being up 3-1....

the difference is that lakers KNOW how to win. Fish has been getting blasted for not guarding anybody, missing shots, and looking just plain old. He comes up and knocks down a three pointer to tie it...clutch...

I see Orlando winning a lot of games in the next few years, But lets face it Howard is young, and missed the free throws to seal it...not blaming everything on howard, he played great, but he has never been there before..plain and simple....

I hate the lakers, but I give them credit for last night...I will say it over and over...they know how to win...I will go to my grave saying that the nuggets are a better overall TEAM than the lakers, but the lakers KNOW how to win...thats what got the nuggets beat, and its whats gonna get orlando beat....
 luvthe916
Msg: 364
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/12/2009 11:05:42 AM
yea, they do the little things it takes to win, like Gasol hustling to get the loose ball and scoring. and wow, howard and hedo were horrible from the line!
 Andrew_2424
Msg: 365
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/12/2009 1:26:03 PM
What the Lakers have done is surround Kobe with a bunch of solid players who don't make mistakes and have high basketball IQ's. Gasol and Odom would be good, but not great players on any team in the league. But with a guy like Kobe it's probably more important to have players who know their roll, than guys who are more athletic but might make more mistakes during the course of a game.

Walton, Fisher, Ariza, and Farmer are guys who know their roll and don't make stupid plays. They hit open shots, play solid D, and play within themselves. You always see these guys with a lot of athletic talent, but the reason they didn't make it was because they thought they were a Kobe or a Lebron, but were more of a Trevor Ariza in term of talent.

I just get tired of these guys who think because they have a lot of talent they should have played in the NBA. There is something to be said about being able to hit open shots, play solid D everynight, and not turn the ball over that is missed on these guys.
 ShabbiKid
Msg: 366
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/12/2009 1:50:00 PM
I bet Orlando wishes they had Ariza back. ----- The Lakers know talent and know how to win close games. Two things that caused the Magic to be down 3-1 and most here have give good reasons why but it was Ariza's three pointer with 2:37 left in regulation and him scoring 13 in the 3rd ,and the fact the Magic had 17 more free throw attempts but shot a lousy 59 percent.
 rickxyz
Msg: 367
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/12/2009 2:11:43 PM
Maybe next year Orlando, you now have something to be pissed/motivated about, just Like L.A.......If you're lucky Larry Brown will leave Charlotte for "Personal reasons" and then miraculously become Magic coach, then its on, Orlando is a new killer team leapfrogging over Cleveland.

Its funny, I read all the posts here and nobody mentioned Phil Jackson, the guy who just sits there, and collects rings.....look out Red, your done.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 368
NBA Playoffs...Laker Fan
Posted: 6/12/2009 2:16:21 PM
Laker Fan cause a Mini-riot...Get ready for the melt down

Laker Fan youre No.1...........................................
 StraightedgeStyle
Msg: 369
NBA Playoffs...Laker Fan
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:46:47 PM
Kobe's finally going to get a ring without Shaq. That ought to vindicate him quite a bit.
 StraightedgeStyle
Msg: 370
NBA Playoffs...Laker Fan
Posted: 6/13/2009 8:51:12 PM
Dwight's promised the series will go to at least game six. So let's see if he can make good on his word and win game five for the Magic.
 BringingYouBliss
Msg: 371
NBA Playoffs...Laker Fan
Posted: 6/14/2009 5:47:26 AM
Well Alazoneia, I'm rooting for the Lakers, but if the refs weren't making one sided calls this series, it could very easily be Orlando up 3-1 in this series. Like I told my brother before the series started, there's no way the refs are going to allow a franchise like Orlando to beat a franchise with the prestige and tradition of the Lakers. The only way Orlando could have won this series is by blowing LA out in at least 2 of the 1st 3 games.
 Huntington24
Msg: 372
NBA Playoffs...Laker Fan
Posted: 6/14/2009 2:01:09 PM
Yeah one sided calls, your crazy. If lee made that lay up then we wouldnt be talkin about that. The magic fall apart in the 3rd and 4th quarter..lakers win
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 373
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs...Laker Fan
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:10:47 PM
BYB... What you told your brother before the series is just fairy-tale junk you made up in your head.

Sure, the NBA has a lot to gain in ratings... Just like Nike bet on Cleveland and LA in the finals with their puppets... It would have been a rating gold mine for the NBA.

But the NBA and their refs have no control over who will be in the finals or who will win them. And actually, it is in the best interest of the NBA after Cleveland went down for an under dog like Orlando to win it all, more-so then the Lakers doing it again.

We all dislike some of the calls that are made by the officials, I have mentioned I think Howard gets away with a lot of pushing, but so did Shaq... It seems the refs see something different... It's the NBA and they are paid to call it the way the NBA rules are made.

But I don't see it as if any team is favored over another by any officials, and definitely in a consistent way. Now, just like Howard, or Kobe or any other player, they may play the game in a way that they may not get called on as much. not because of anything other than knowing what is called and what's not. Who knows.

My only point is, that the NBA officials are not winning this for LA.. I just think people that don't like LA want to find a reason other than them just playing the best for them to be winning.

It would be a great story if Orlando won, even a greater story if Denver and Orlando would have been playing in the finals... Other than the big money that LA and Cleveland could have drawn, because of Kobe and Lebron.

By the way, tonight will be a fun game... LA will play loose... hopefully not too loose that they win... so that they can come back to LA and win Game 6
 camio54
Msg: 374
NBA Playoffs...Laker Fan
Posted: 6/14/2009 7:16:11 PM
They are planning the parade in LA already!
 climbsagain
Msg: 375
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 6/14/2009 7:21:53 PM
how about that michel peitrius guy? the X factor.

The what factor? How about the Magic loosing the Finals at home in Orlando? Great run..too little against the Laker's. Don't choke Shaq!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > NBA Playoffs