Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > NBA Playoffs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mrty69
Msg: 101
NBA PlayoffsPage 5 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
I would say the Lakers are going to win it all agaist the MAGICS
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 102
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 4:56:53 PM
broncsbuff

Everyone I hear talks about the upside of Bynum... No one compares him to a Howard... or a Shaq... or Wilt or Kareem... He can play big for the Lakers... but he isn't great... Maybe he will be someday... He has a lot of years to go. He isn't even 3rd in the depth chart when you talk Lakers... Kobe... Gasol... Odom... and then you have a hand full of others Ariza & Bynum in the mix. I'm actually liking the play of Shannon Brown and Farmar has picked up.

If Gasol & Odom gets aggressive and control the boards and put backs... and Ariza, Brown & Farmar raise their shot percentage. along with Fish... They give Kobe enough help. The Lakers will win back Home Court. I know that sounds obvious, but the match-up with Kobe and Melo doesn't help the Lakers, Melo is to big and strong. Melo playing D on Kobe, is probably the best move Denver made.

Sure... J.R. didn't get off again... and Nene had a mediocre game... But Melo was huge... and Martin was left alone too much.

When games are won or lost by 2 or 3 points, it's only a bucket... only one play. So you can't go by much on what has happened so far. Both teams are close from being up 2-0. Lets see how the game goes in Denver... If the game is still close, the teams are still even... you can't say one is better than the other... It's when the first team gets 4 wins.

Same with tonight.... The Magic showed that Cleveland isn't invincible... but only won by a missed shot that almost went in. Lets not get carried away... But like I said earlier... Cleveland hadn't played anyone yet.
 climbsagain
Msg: 103
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 5:33:22 PM
Everyone I hear talks about the upside of Bynum... No one compares him to a Howard... or a Shaq... or Wilt or Kareem..the position of center has changed a great deal .

Hard to find a true center in this league. For this reason players like Bynum stand out for if anything else they are different from your protypical center playing in the NBA today.
 Andrew_2424
Msg: 104
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 7:26:12 PM
Jack you are really playing down J.R. Smith. The guy has two bad games and the Nuggets win 1 out of 2 in L.A. Watch what happens if he has a good game.
 spendyourtimewell
Msg: 105
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 7:46:23 PM
j.r smith is okay, melo is finally playing to his ability, chauncy is the difference between also-ran and contender, best move denver has made
regardless , la in 7, hopefully 6 though
as far as denver being the best team??? Garbage. Did you follow the NBA this year?
If denver is so grand they will have no problem dispatching LA.
La biggest opponent is themselves, they get complacent and stop playing.
Which is very disturbing as a fan, but when you wake the sleeping giant they drop a 40point bomb on you.
Kobe dropped 2 treys in melos goofy face, he should have had last shot and it would have gone to OT then another La win. oh well looks like La is gonna have to drop a bomb on Nugget fans in denver.
 Andrew_2424
Msg: 106
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 8:08:35 PM
Your right, Denver is weak and they have no shot at beating L.A. Did I watch the NBA this year? Guy, the question is are you even watching this series. You are aware that it is tied up now at 1-1 and they are heading to Denver, right? I wouldn't question if I watched the NBA this year, because I'm not even sure you are watching this series.
 spendyourtimewell
Msg: 107
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 8:26:40 PM
I never said Denver has no shot of beating LA or that they are weak, in fact if you use your literary skills you might be able to find the part where I paid them a compliment. They are in a series with LA, so there is always that chance, however astronomical it may be , that denver wins the series.
La is in it for a ring, denver is a sidenote, sorry. Truth hurts.
If your certain of your conviction as I am then you woudn't mind placing a friendly wager on the outcome of the series? Nothing monetary, but something of entertainment value? I'll let you chose the terms.
 climbsagain
Msg: 108
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 8:35:17 PM
The Cav's fans have to be hurting this sorry night. other than the play of Lebron James the rest of the Cav's were missing in action. Going south to play in Orlando the Cav's will not jump out to a 23 point lead. Someone on the Cav's coaching staff needs to find the way to get the entire team involved or the Cav's will be going down.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 109
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 9:05:54 PM
For starters. I would have thought that the Magic would have learnt from game 1 when they started out bad, but nope. You can't continue to play like that and expect to win games. But what really got me was their poor shooting precentage on the line. The Magic flat out stunk on the line tonight, which cost them the game in the end. To add further insult to injury, was the Cavs last play. I have no idea why the Magic let Cavs get a 3 point play off. I mean, they should have never gave the Cavs a 3 point play in the first place, especially to James of all people. That was a bad call. They should have forced them to shoot a two point play. The worst that could have happened then was the Cavs would have tied it and sent the game into overtime.

If the Magic wants to win this series they need to stop giving up soo many points in the first half and get and make a hell of a lot more shots on the line then they did tonight.
 tropicalfish09
Msg: 110
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 9:05:54 PM
^^^ Never mind that was an incredible shot by L- J with just 1 second left!!! wow! once again he proved why he is the best active player in basketball and he did get help from his teammates, did you see those 3 pointers by williams towards the end?
 Sleepless in Boston
Msg: 111
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 9:51:52 PM
yeah unfortunately the 2 quarters they lost were both 4th quarters....not exactly the quarter to lose.
 Andrew_2424
Msg: 112
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 10:44:25 PM
Spendyourtimewell, so you never said Denver didn't have a shot at beating the Lakers, yet you put their chances at "astronomical?" Ok, well I'm not an NBA expert, but I'm going to say that they are a little less than astronomical. But what do I know? Oh wait, I do know that NBA teams don't like to give away games at home when they get deep into the Playoffs, and that L.A. should be happy they aren't down 0-2. Yeah, try not to get too complimentary there will you??

I know LA is a good team, and I am not certain in my convictions that Denver will win the series. I do think the Nuggets will win, but I'm not going to put LA's chances at winning the series, as the same as me winning the lottery.

I got a bet for you. If Denver wins, you just admit Denver was the better team, with no qualifiers. I will do the the same if the Lakers win.
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 113
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 10:58:15 PM
Andrew, I don't think you understood what I was saying... I said J.R. didn't get off and Nene didn't play that well... That coming on a Denver win in LA.... understand? I'm not playing down J.R. I know he can go off and get 30.

But, the Lakers are going to pull together and pull this out. Their match ups on Denver are tough, except for in the paint. The Bigs need to play bigger. If Melo is going to guard Kobe... the other guys will need to make their shots. If they do... that will free up Kobe. Rebounds and put backs are important in this series for the Lakers.

I'm sure Jackson is working on ways to pick Melo and free up Kobe when he guards him. They can't leave Martin roaming the baseline without a body on him either. And yes... the second unit... Farmar and Brown can't let J.R. get into a hot streak.

But LA can gain back home court, maybe this will wake them up... as if enough this season (playing Houston) didn't already do that.

They only need to win, Sat or Mon... don't need to win both. personally, I would like to see them win both... but especially win tomorrow... and take a little wind out of Denver's sails.
 brendantime
Msg: 114
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 11:43:54 PM
Ernie Johnson said LeBron's shot was one of the best moments in NBA history. I don't know about that but it was an unreal shot. One of the best clutch buzzer beaters I've witnessed.
 Andrew_2424
Msg: 115
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 11:46:06 PM
Look, I know what you are saying Jack. And what I'm saying is that I expect Carmelo to keep putting up big numbers, just like I expect Kobe to keep putting up big numbers.

My point is, that I think J.R. Smith is the X-Factor in this entire series. If he starts playing well, I don't see the Lakers winning it. If he continues to to struggle, I give the edge to the Lakers. I just think you aren't giving Carmelo enough credit, or understanding what Smith means to the Nuggets. I wouldn't count on Anthony to not continue to score at a high pace if I were you.

Smith on the other hand, I have no idea what he is going to do. He seems pretty immature, but has got a ton of talent. My thinking goes, is that if he can have two awful games and the Nuggets win 1 out of 2 In L.A, what happens if he gets hot and Carmelo keeps scoring like he is?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 116
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/22/2009 11:53:55 PM

Ernie Johnson said LeBron's shot was one of the best moments in NBA history.

It was great but not spectacular. I mean when someone is talking one of the best moments in NBA history it better be spectacular. Shooting it from half court and making it for the win would have been spectacular, but considering buzzer beater shots like that aren't uncommon, I wouldn't put it as one of the best moments in NBA history either seeing as plays like that from the 3 point line have been done quite a few times before in the NBA to win a game.
 Gev-tastic
Msg: 117
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/23/2009 12:16:37 AM
It annoys me that the Lakers lost game 2 by making bad plays down the stretch and missing critical free throws. My stomach cringes every time I see Pau Gasol miss free throws during crunch time. Gasol is definitely better than the average 7 footer at free throws, but he still needs to step it up. Points off free throws add up and missing too many free throws sometimes make or break a game. That was a big problem for Denver in game 1. Oh well, let's see how the Lakers bounce back in game 3 after the game 2 loss.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 118
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/23/2009 1:05:56 AM
La biggest opponent is themselves, they get complacent and stop playing.

yes, the reason the nuggets won last night is because the lakers were not playing, hell once the lakers "start playing" I guess the nuggets will be done for right?...

oh you laker fans are something else....

but when you wake the sleeping giant they drop a 40point bomb on you.

you dropped 40 on a team you SHOULD have dropped 40 on ...you beat a team with no Yao, no Tracy, and no Mutombo...you deserve no credit for that, you should have beat teh rockets in 5..gimmie a break...

Kobe dropped 2 treys in melos goofy face,

Kobe is gonna get his, but tell me laker fan...who is gonna guard Melo?...NOBODY...there is nobody on the lakers right now who can stay with melo at any point...

as far as denver being the best team???

still waiting for an answer to my question...

besides Kobe, name me one player on the lakers who is better than any nuggets player we have..(position by position)

and to be honest...Melo is playing just as good as Kobe through 2 games...

oh please "zen master"...keep letting Fischer gaurd Billups...what a dream matchup that is if your a nuggets fan...doesnt really matter..anybody they put out there billups is making him his bitch anyway....
 climbsagain
Msg: 119
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/23/2009 7:53:57 AM
The Nuggets have a few injuries? How this impacts the game is yet to be aeen? However it will be close and in the end the last 25 seconds will matter. Does not matter if the Nuggets win three of the 4 quarters if they lose the game at the end.
 spendyourtimewell
Msg: 120
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/23/2009 11:02:12 AM
andrew: i agree to those terms , thanks for keeping it civil.
Let the best team win.

bronco fan: you don't know the NBA , and you look like you've never hit a shot with someones hand in your face from 27 feet out, so I'll take your opinions with a bucket of salt.

You don't need to stop melo in order to beat denver, just outrebound and outrun them.
Thats what the Lakers need to do to beat denver and they will.

Gasol>Kmart , by a country mile
Bynum = Nene, right now, if he gets back to how he was playing pre-injury, diff story
KoBE > everyone in the league
Fisher < billups
lamar<Melo , lamar needs to step up and play as he is capable
brown>your 2nd stringer
farmer>same as above

cavs are better,and LBJ can shut down melo
magic are better
hell, even garnett-less celtics are better

Lakers are a better team and will prevail, you up for a wager, bronco fan?
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 121
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/23/2009 12:51:41 PM
Thats a pretty good assesment.....SYTW

But Ariza on Melo. with more help under the basket... LA can live with Melo's 20 odd points.

The Big's play bigger... (Gasol, Bynum and Odom) and LA wins.
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 122
view profile
History
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/23/2009 9:01:22 PM
That was an odd game.... but as a Laker fan... It's a win.... gotta love that part.

Taking back home court.
 Andrew_2424
Msg: 123
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/23/2009 9:12:20 PM
One thing I didn't realise about the Lakers was just how good Trevor Ariza is. He is coming up with just as many big plays as Kobe, and he is definitely impressing me. He plays real good D, hits open threes, and is more than just a guy out their watching Kobe.

I know he didnt start out with the Lakers, so I'm not sure what the team that let him go was thinking.
 JakeVincent
Msg: 124
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/23/2009 9:48:05 PM
That was a great game 3 between the Lakers and Nuggets.

Ariza made some clutch 3's towards the end along with another in-bounds steal...then Kobe sealed the deal with clutch shots of his own.

I'm not a Lakers fan by any stretch (actually a Rockets fan living near Houston), but Lakers were able to squeak one out late. Wow.
 Gev-tastic
Msg: 125
NBA Playoffs
Posted: 5/23/2009 10:25:08 PM
And to think Ariza went to the locker room during the second half. That had me very worried. I think Lakers fans everywhere were glad once he came back into the game. I'm also glad Gasol hit some big shots down the stretch in the fourth quarter. Regardless, though, the Lakers still need to step up the defense in the next game. Their defense just isn't consistent, which of course has been characteristic of the Lakers all season long.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > NBA Playoffs