Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 276
LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE! Page 12 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I've noticed 3 profiles of guys who have their age listed as 18, when they look to be late 20s to early 30s.

Those b@st@rds! How dare they try to fool a 39 year old woman into dating an over the hill 20 something man.

My age is correct, but I can understand the temptation to lie online. It sucks to get older and look around to see a dating pool that hasn't made nearly the effort to stay in shape that you have... And for the few that have to eliminate you based on your age.
 amethystdancer14
Msg: 277
LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE!
Posted: 1/1/2012 3:53:24 AM
Its annoying isn't it that people think they can fool you. This one gent put up four photos on his profile. There is a very obvious difference in age between the first two and the last two that he is very much older than what his profile age says even to the point that his hair is very much greyer and thinner in the last two photos. His explanation was "Oh those photos were taken after a day out in the sun" Well if he ages that much from a day in the sun then I think he needs to buy stock in a sunscreen company!
 professora
Msg: 278
view profile
History
LYING & more....
Posted: 1/3/2012 3:55:21 PM
I had this happen recently with Sandy-- from another site. Since I am 65- i'm ok meeting someone 3-5 years my junior or senior BUT not more than that.

This fellow was 83! He kept insisting that "you would never know if I had not told you."

REALLY??

ALSO-- have Googled people. I learned that a dentist (imagine how many patients he overcharged or lied to?) I went out with one time was 11 yrs above what he stated.

ONE date...no more.

I still have fun :)
 faith_____
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 4:21:06 PM
OMG! i had the same thing happen to me about the guy being bald!!!! like really. It isn't a lie, it juse "well played" I saw his pic and he was not bad looking at all. But every photo he had a hat on. I didn't think anything of it until I went on a meet he had a hat on and he adjusted it took it off and I noticed he had receding hair line and basically bald at the top! then when i went home and looked at his profile it hit me. He always has a hat on and for this reason probably. He then posted a recent pic of himself and you know what.. the pic he had on originally, I must say were prob a younger him not far off, but if I saw the recent pic. I would have had second thought of even contacting him.

My height i have 5"5 but I'm not really sure how tall I am maybe 5"7 at the most. It isn't be trying to lie. I'm just guessing.
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 280
Posted: 1/3/2012 7:32:57 PM
I went on a date last summer with this gal who claimed to be 34, but it turns out she was 45.
 ponygt
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:12:16 PM
Interesting thing for me, is I VERY much prefer an older woman. In fact, I have my preferences set to be from 35-50....and I'm 33. I've pretty much always been into older women, but I have dated younger ones and when I have, it just reminds me why I prefer not too. I can't stand game playing, immaturity, drama, etc. And in my experience, the chances of dealing with that goes WAY down the higher in age they are.

The down side?...I don't doubt for a second if an older/mature woman checks out my profile they probably think I'm just looking for a sugar momma, or some good looking 'cougar' to show off. But hey, if they're going to assume and not take the time to find out what I'm like, that's their loss.
 OYSTER1000
Msg: 282
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:50:46 PM
There is a woman on here who says "47" at the top and after a 15 minute profile states that she posted her age wrong on purpose due to "ageism and age range preferences", she is actually 55 and looks like she is 55, she says she is not lying because she tells you inn the end, I strongly disagree, am I wrong?
 professora
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 6:31:02 PM
To oyster1000

You are not wrong. A lie is a lie. I steer clear of those people.

ITs numbers. Keep doing what you are doing and someone good will come along.

Beats being alone :)
 OYSTER1000
Msg: 284
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:16:26 PM
Thank you professora, can I post her screen name here without getting in trouble?
 MsBeave
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 10:33:26 PM
I find men lie about their height more than age. I lie about my age, I openly admit I only have a birthday every 5 years now.

If someone is going to get bent out of shape over me lying about my age, then they certainly won't be able to handle my other secrets.
 petya_mila
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 10:45:04 PM

Thank you professora, can I post her screen name here without getting in trouble?

Post her name in here and you will get banned from the site and rightfully so. You have no say in what people write in their profiles. If she chooses to be a liar and then say she isn't just because she tells the truth later, that's on her. Doubtless she'll find someone who doesn't mind or care that she is a liar.
 ponygt
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 11:01:50 PM
I personally dont' understand the point. The person is going to find out sooner or later. So why do it?

i mean, what do I gain by telling someone I'm taller than I am?.....Nothing. I will lose something though. And that's called trust. Why would I risk losing that over a few inches of height?
 ohenryx
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2012 6:58:33 AM
^^^ I understand the temptation, but I do not give in to it. I recently turned 61, and a lot of women whom I could contact last week will no longer allow my initial contact messages to get through. It is very tempting to lie about my age, but I won't. I have seen at least a dozen profiles over the last two years where the woman admits that she has lied about her age to get more interest, to get past email restrictions, to have her profile get more hits from searches. I'm sure many men do the same.
 onceagain57
Msg: 289
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:09:35 AM
Unfortunately telling stories on these sights are pretty common.....some have no life and some think its funny...Ive not told stories only because if theres someone I chat with who I might wanna meet...well....those dumb stories would come to light....can tell you some experiences that would have you rolling with laughter.....its funny now but then it wasnt....and as for body type....some are way off when they say extra pounds....I say football player in size which means...6-3....big framed...big shoulders....and yes I do have a stomach....which Ive been asked about...but....I carry my weight well....some woman who like to keep their little size a secret cant once you see them in a top trying to hide things....sounds picky but honesty is so much better...we all have our insecurities....
 browneyesboo
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:22:56 AM
I think it's obvious why people lie about their age, especially in here.
They want to be included (or excluded) from searches.

I think in real life it doesn't come up so much. I've never had anyone
in real life ask how old I am before they asked me out.

I think if you're going to lie about your age in here, you should just say
you lied because of the search engine. Can't believe people actually try
to blame it on the system...ie, I "accidently" put the wrong YEAR on my
profile and fishes won't let me change it. Yeah, who doesn't forget the year
they were born?

OYSTER1000
Msg: 291
Posted: 1/6/2012 2:56:14 PM
Where does it say that? I see no rules about posyting anyone's name here, that was a question for someone in charge, I am new to this, a Moderator maybe?
 OYSTER1000
Msg: 292
Posted: 1/6/2012 2:58:18 PM
In my experience as a Police Officer people who lie also steal, and if you have that much "stuff" hidden away that is really scary.
 amethystdancer14
Msg: 293
Posted: 1/6/2012 3:19:59 PM
Oyster1000 may I suggest you go and look at the Acceptable Posting Rules? Its just a good idea before you start being involved in the forums that you see what the rules are.

I appreciate that you are a police officer but have you thought by posting her details on a forum that you are violating her privacy rights? She has made a moral choice but she had not committed a crime. I agree that what she has done is distasteful and I applaud that you are basically trying to warn unsuspecting gents about her but at the end of the day, she will be found out, but on this website, its not your place to reveal her identity. If her behaviour warrants reporting, I'm sure enough people will complain about her and she come to the notice of the moderators but other than that, there is nothing else you can do at this point.
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 294
Posted: 1/7/2012 7:25:58 AM
Frankly, I have never met a man yet, who is really 58, 59, 60... he is always older!

Right now, any one of you could do a search for a man (I haven't tried the women's profiles), between age 58 and 59 within 35 miles of any fair-sized town or city and you will come up with dozens of profiles in that age group. It's amazing. Try it! I can't believe that they are all just 59 (most of them obviously not)! My guess is that they just don't want to admit that they have gotten into their 60s and that no younger woman will find them . Probably not.

Me, for instance, I AM NOT 87 as is on my profile! It's meant as a joke because so many do lie about their age... the other direction; yet, so often, men really do think I am that old but with much younger photos! Go figure!

Too many seem to lie about everything... and one really can't know until the face-to-face meet/date or whatever. I just write it up and keep it as comedy fodder for my stand-up routine.
 c_deacon
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2012 11:06:46 AM
Come on Charlie.....we know that you are in your 80's, just like so many of us.....

This just reinforces my belief that having the age requirement just baits to many for misinformation because they do not want to be screened out on either end of the dating spectrum.....

I relate this to filing taxes with the IRS. There could be an easy form that has no deductions or ways to lesson your taxes, and keep us all on the same playing level, but no, we just find ways to complicate things and force people into deception in order to not pay more and stay on the same playing level of everyone else. This it just the way the mandatory age requirement creates those that feel the need to find as many ways as possible to not be excluded or overlooked by others.

Would it not just be better to have it that you are either 21 and older, or under 21, for legal purposes, and make it mandatory that each profile have at least four pictures, of which one must be a full body shot, and then let the buyer beware? I have no problems deciding for myself, if I am attracted to another and want to meet them, and will let them decide if I am the same for them.............no matter my age........

Now, where did I put my walker???.............

cd..........
 BrianL77
Msg: 296
Posted: 1/7/2012 11:09:25 AM
Age may be a state of mind but gravity and time make you mileage show. And you can't roll back the
Odometer with a freash coat of paint and bondo
 Gertrude13
Msg: 297
Posted: 1/7/2012 1:32:56 PM
The very first guy I went out with on this site lied about his age. I only noticed because we had the exact same birthday. Made him show me his license, kind of as a joke, and then I saw the year was wrong. It was only a 2-year difference. He said it was because he'd had a rough time for two years, and wanted to pretend they had never happened, but in retrospect, it's more likely that he was married and wanted to make sure he was as untraceable as possible. Yikes!

Lying about age - always an ominous sign, no matter what the reason...
 VirtuallyLove
Msg: 298
Posted: 1/8/2012 10:53:01 AM
That's strange, Sweet jmb. I don't understand why he should be ashamed of being a professional golfer.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 299
Posted: 1/8/2012 3:59:16 PM

Frankly, I have never met a man yet, who is really 58, 59, 60... he is always older!

I know two men on a professional level who have/have had profiles on POF: one of them used to be older than I am, but on his new profile (since deleted), he suddenly became three years younger. The other man lists his age the same as mine, but he is at least five to seven years older. The amusing thing about the latter is that he was making fun of another man who also lied about his age.

I have also seen men who contacted me in the past show up in new profiles anywhere from three to five years younger. NONE of these men look younger than their ages and they aren't fooling anyone.

And, of course, this doesn't count the guys I have met who lied about their age.

For a long time, women were ridiculed for lying about their ages; now, we know that men are just as guilty.
 Mr__JJ
Msg: 300
Posted: 1/18/2012 12:02:49 PM
I recently met a lady who said she was 45 but when she showed up she must of been closer to 70.

I was not best pleased...

but the sex was great.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE!