Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > women want real love,affection,romance, when they get it they bail. w      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Angelfire045
Msg: 26
view profile
History
women want real love,affection,romance, when they get it they bail. whats the deal?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Do men really know what romance is? How often does a man look at a woman with admiring eyes and say something like "my charming princess", or "you're more beautiful than words can describe!". When a man shows me love and respect then sprinkles in some real romance it drives me crazy with desire!!!! It is so rare. Most guys I meet won't say these things because it isn't "macho". They never get past, "see my big fish?" or "check out my hot car!".
 miss_contemplative
Msg: 27
view profile
History
women want real love,affection,romance, when they get it they bail. whats the deal?
Posted: 5/24/2009 11:54:03 AM
Hey! You want to chase the hotties. Well guess what? Every other guy is chasing those same hotties , why? because they are hotties!

Lower your standards...maybe you'll find one that not every man wants to put his hands on.

These women take upgrades whenever there is a chance. It's called capitalism.

I know it sucks, but that's how it works when men chase the hotter females.
 singlemommyof3
Msg: 28
women want real love,affection,romance, when they get it they bail. whats the deal?
Posted: 5/24/2009 8:53:09 PM
I have guy friends that only fall for women who sh** on them.. It irritates me.. I want love.. someone for me.. someone I can laugh with.. who will hold me when I cry.. I know things will get tough.. they always do.. but why dont people want to work things out anymore instead of this is to hard and then run.. Nothing easy is ever worth it.. and nothing Worth it is ever easy.. Thats the way I see things.. .. But I am also just an average single girl looking for a piece of happiness in this world..

Maybe its just me.. and I still like the tent of these rose colored glasses..
 ffej971
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/25/2009 5:13:28 PM
I am sure that there are many others that feel the same way. Heck, I am one of them. The age old question of "What went wrong?" or "What am I doing wrong?". The simple answer is that you will never get that answer. Well, a truthful answer that is. You could get an number of answers like, "Its not you its me", "I am not into you (the commit word here)", "You are too 'perfect' and I am waiting for the 'dark' side of you to come out", "Your not the 'bad boy' I want", ect... You get the idea here.

So what happens here? Its not called the 'Dating Game' for nothing. Its kinda of like still being in high school if you think about it. The cycle of.....'He/she looks good gotta have 'em' (this is the trophy mentality) , 'Got the person so now its fun and new' (honeymoon period here), 'This is now dull and old and I want out' (sabotage period), 'This relationship is over for whatever reason' (out with the old in with the new period), and then the cycle starts over again. Does the truth come out as to why the relationship ended? Rarely will that happen. Again the reason why its called 'The Dating Game'. As for me, I am guilty of playing 'the game' as are the vast majority.

The down side is, when you figure out exactly what you want in a relationship it will scare the other person to the point of running. Now this is the 'weeding out' period. When the time is right you will find that special one that is will to accept you for you and you accept them for them. Nobody is perfect yet people want that 'perfect' relationship. Question here should really be, 'Will you accept me for who I am?'.

Apologize for rambling on here...just my 2 cents to this thread
 ixholla1
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 6:29:46 PM
lol: i can say one thing, at least when a good man like myself falls for someone, it's honest and innocent, and true. what is it that you women out there really want? want a challenge? then play board games or darts!!"

This is how you "Seal The Deal"

Next time you find yourself "Falling In Love" and you "Want it to Last" or have a good chance at it.....

When things are going really well and you think you just can't live without her!

Diseapear.....lol

Go to Vegas for the weekend.....lol

Be gone for 3 days and then ever time she starts to think she's "Got You" .....

Disapear again...

lol
 Big Daddy A
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 10:52:18 PM
Everytime I've ever fallen in love it's because I really felt a connection with the person, but once somebody wrongs me I completely forget that person exsists!

We all pay a price because of previous relationships...except if you married your HS sweetheart. But other than that we're all part of the same game eventhough we don't want to. I sometimes relate it to when we're kids in a playground and have to choose who we want on our team. Some people want you and some don't that's life. What I think is worst is when someone doesn't want you and then starts toying with you to feel better, that's no game that's just being greedy and mean. I'm going through some tough times myself and have yet to do anything to get out of it.

If you're asking were all the Good Guys are, they're here, just make sure to appreciate them when they come knocking on your door.
 CAPFrenchy
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/25/2009 11:53:35 PM
That sounds like me... I say I want a relationship which I do and after I make the guy believe we'll be together forever... for some reason i get scared and dump them... I dont know why maybe its because im scared of commitment after seeing my parents 20 something years of marriage go to shits for a mid- life crisis im scared thats going to happen to me and i dont want it so i always end a relationship before he gets too serious...
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/27/2009 9:18:45 PM
i had gotten involved with a man who really wanted to be with me and my children. would be there forever. was not going to cut out. really really really really really wanted me.
told me that he loved me. he has disappeared. yeah, i am hurt. he cut, and run.
he told me that he was scared.
i know if a man has issues, i am not going to make those issues better.
that is something he has to do on his own.
if he wants my family and wants me, he will have to come to me and look at his own issues.
who knows who he is fuchking down where he lives.
and yeah, i am hurt.
but i can't make HIS PROBLEMS >>>>>HIS PROBLEMS & HIS ISSUES
and I have to live my life for and with my family
that is Mommy and the Children :)
 Nick615
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/28/2009 6:00:43 PM
Damn, Ken.. TELL 'EM WHY YOU MAD! lol I kind of feel for you though. I've been there. A lot of people are like this though; guys and girls. Men and women. I'm sure that only a real minority of women actually like breaking hearts, and maybe a lot of others just don't care. At least some girls I've known though actually are really torn up about breaking someone's heart, especially if they're a decent guy.

I admit, I've done a woman wrong who really cared about me. I didn't mean to, but it was ... complicated, long story lol We both made mistakes. I stayed with her out of guilt and tried (hard) to make it work because (1) she would absolutely freak and go crazy if I bounced, which she did, and (2) I thought that maybe she was the best I could do (terrible, I know). So I'm guilty of confusing women, too. Sometimes, we (people in general) honestly don't mean it. In our inexperience, we just foul things up because we don't know how to handle stuff.

As far as women wanting a challenge... Unless a man THROWS himself at a woman, I don't see what the big deal is. That's how I would handle it. I mean, if a girl was ALL OVER ME I might be like, "Okay, this girl must be a slut, or I'm just THAT irresistible???" Otherwise, what's the problem with someone seeming a little eager to meet you and get to know you? Fellas, I think the key here is just not to turn into a wet mop, otherwise you'll look like a b****... and no woman wants a little b****.

But some girls are just a pain in the a$$. lol
 Nick615
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/28/2009 6:14:48 PM
LOL miss_contemplative and ixholla had some of the best sh** to say in this thread lol. "Lower your standards" I know what you mean, miss, but it just sounded funny at first. And yes, because certain women are exceptionally beautiful, they can afford to be absolutely as picky and flakey as they want because men will ALWAYS be interested in them. That's why I don't understand why beautiful young women complain about men. Oh, I'm sure it would be HORRIBLE if I had so many women messaging me, calling me and banging down my door that I had NO idea what to do with them lol. At worst, it's what? Annoying? lol Face it fellas, this is how it goes.
 87_Joshua
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/28/2009 9:39:41 PM
Hey,
I read through all this. I know how most of you feel. Its lately no matter how hard I try I end up dumped or get told different things. I am an honest person as it is. Thats my downfall. My standards are not set high at all. Other than my lady cant be my size in weight and thick. (for explanation ask me)
I agree with Nick in what he said women that look nice always have a man looking for them. Rather than being actual men they are boys usually trying to be men.
Now too many women would be bad :P lol I agree on that. Just today's time too many do not mean anything. Most do not care for you anyways.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > women want real love,affection,romance, when they get it they bail. whats the deal?