Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 iajude
Msg: 451
view profile
History
Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?Page 19 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
I have been on this site for a year now, off and on. I have had no contacts with any man in my age group which would be 60+. I am currently on vacation from here as I do when I get "whats the use attitude" then when away a while I'll think maybe a new man has joined, but not as yet. I waited long time for them to contact me first, when none did, I then contacted several of them, no replies. I have had several emails from men in their 40's and 50's who wanted contact with me. I just can't bring my self (yet) to date someone my son's age, he is 50. I keep wondering and ask several people what is going on here. I get "because you are older they think you are needy, easy lay"
"they can't find any women in their age group" "more women than men in 60+ age"
"they want someone to paid thir way" "they want a mama figure" I just don't know, maybe it could be one of the above to different men in their 40's and 50's. But what is wrong with the men in my age group? plenty have looked at my profile and some several times, and thats just it they look and thats all. I have been told by most that I am a lot younger looking than my age, could that be it? but no there is men in my age group that date younger women. I am just confused
 Selima
Msg: 452
Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?
Posted: 11/21/2009 7:07:21 AM
I have been on this site for a year now, off and on. I have had no contacts with any man in my age group which would be 60+.... waited long time for them to contact me first, when none did, I then contacted several of them, no replies. I have had several emails from men in their 40's and 50's who wanted contact with me. I just can't bring my self (yet) to date someone my son's age, he is 50. I keep wondering and ask several people what is going on here. I get "because you are older they think you are needy, easy lay""they can't find any women in their age group" "more women than men in 60+ age""they want someone to paid thir way" "they want a mama figure" I just don't know, maybe it could be one of the above to different men in their 40's and 50's. But what is wrong with the men in my age group? plenty have looked at my profile and some several times, and thats just it they look and thats all. I have been told by most that I am a lot younger looking than my age, could that be it? but no there is men in my age group that date younger women. I am just confused
It's hard to believe men in their 50's are looking for a mama figure. Also, they don't really need to go after women 10 or more years older for sex, I wouldn't think.
It is probably true there are more women than men in the 60+ category. Also, you are attractive and if you seem vibrant and youthful, you might, indeed, intimidate men your own age. I would say, if there is a man in his late 50's who contacts you, see what happens. He would be older than your son, and he may just be interested in you. It can't hurt anything to meet and get to know someone; you should be able to get an impression of whether he is interested in you, as a person, or looking for something less honorable.
 Elgalawaat
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2009 8:00:07 AM
[/I have often felt that older men are slow to respond because they think they are not still sexy and desirable.]

Really that is funny. I really don't think much about how old is she. I thought only women who are concerned about that. From reading profiles only woman profiles put requirement for age. Very rare to find age requirement on a man's profile. I dated 20 years younger than me and ten years older than me. It depends on the woman how sexy and how hot she is and how compatible with me she is. I found one thing the younger woman is more agressive with sex and generally easy to please. The older ones tend to be more conservative. I enjoy both. Don't take this to the bank. It is my own personal experience.
 CoolOldBroad
Msg: 454
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2009 6:15:17 PM
Definitely, yes, in my experience.
 LW1953
Msg: 455
Posted: 11/21/2009 9:39:58 PM
I feel the same way and it is frustrating for sure
 LW1953
Msg: 456
Posted: 11/21/2009 9:53:45 PM
I have been single for over a year and have found that men in the late 50's, early 60's have some serious physical issues. I am physically fit, very active and take good care of myself. I take a lot of pride in my appearance and behavior. The male behavior does not change. They all have the same mental attitudes that they developed in the the teens. Sex, and the conquest is the most important thing to them. After the conquest you will probably never hear from them again. And, this is a big one, Male menopause is really serious because the men who are not comfortable with who they are get stupid and crazy and ruin lots of lives and break lots of hearts while going thru this. There are only a few true guys out there that value a a relationship and respect you as a person. One thing I would suggest, noting in your profile that sex is not a big issue would get a lot more response.

I have dated some a lot younger and some my age and some a little older. There are big differences in all areas.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 457
Posted: 11/22/2009 5:09:37 AM
I know I'm older and I think I'm sexy but no-one seems intimidated by me so I would have to say not that I'm aware of.................but hey what would I know?
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 458
Posted: 11/22/2009 6:22:43 AM

What did he do on the way to the bedroom, hail a taxi lmfao

He might have but when he got in his car to follow me on one of my urban hikes I told him to keep driving..

thecatsmeoww
 LdyofIndy
Msg: 459
Posted: 11/22/2009 6:55:16 AM
thecatsmeoww: I've been told basically the same thing and have had more than once, a man following me on my morning walks. I smile at them when they slow down beside me, and keep on walking. (Too many crazies out there!) However, I did meet one of my LTR's that way. (I saw how fine he was, so didn't brush him off the usual way. Lucky me!)He was younger and had thought I was around his age. After getting up closer and getting a good look at me, I'm sure he saw that I was much older than him, but that didn't matter.

Msg 457: I have never stated that sex was not important to me. Don't know where you got that from! Just the opposite! And I hope I didn't sound like I was complaining about a lack of responses. Just making an observation.
 Elgalawaat
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2009 1:29:24 PM
My feeling is that older woman come with heavy packages. They tend to be argumental and smart asses. This takes all the attraction away. Also Women live longer than men. In age group over 60 the percentage is not 1 to 1, may be it is 1 to 3. So older women can go for younger men. They call you Cougar.
 Strings6
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2009 3:11:01 PM
Oh my yes...men never stop being intimidated by women...so grandma thinks she's sexy..ohhh that's scary
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 462
Posted: 11/22/2009 3:59:20 PM
this is a classic example of people deceiving themselves. people are *not* intimidated. it's an excuse for lack of attraction! anyway, ladies, never fear, the older guys will ultimately have to "settle" for someone their age! (seems both genders are delusional!!)
 Strings6
Msg: 463
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2009 4:04:58 PM
The older guys without the cash....yes
 Im4Retro
Msg: 464
Posted: 11/22/2009 6:59:47 PM
Heck no!

What makes me want to "Effing" puke is when I see these older women who think they are sexy by getting tramp stamps and tattoos and compete against 20 something year olds.

I have said this since '86. Just because the package is appealing, doesn't mean the product is going to measure up to your standards. Being an attention whore is very unsexy.
 Demon1Wolf
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2009 1:30:50 PM
WTF, Ok I've read this trend from the original post all the way to the end and OMG some of the answers I saw lmfao..! but like it or not I now have to throw my 2-cents in as well.

Sexy is Sexy & Beautiful is Beautiful no matter the age/person/or place for that matter. Some have it some don't... And as we all know, what is to one may not be to another.

So why in the world should that intimidate anyone?
Maybe it is exactly what some here have already stated, a lack of attraction in the eye of the beholder for what ever reason and they're just trying to be nice about it. Maybe some really are intimidated. But (and now here comes my take on the matter) did you ever think maybe just maybe when an older man sees an older sexy or beautiful woman that he is thinking to himself, a woman that attractive surly has to have been snapped up already, which is closely followed by..., What a lucky M_____F___er...

So there you have my 2-cents... well maybe it's worth 2-cents maybe not lol
 outofthedesert
Msg: 466
Posted: 11/26/2009 2:04:42 PM

My feeling is that older woman come with heavy packages. They tend to be argumental and smart asses. This takes all the attraction away. Also Women live longer than men. In age group over 60 the percentage is not 1 to 1, may be it is 1 to 3. So older women can go for younger men. They call you Cougar.
Older women don't come with anymore 'heavy packages' than the man the same age and experiences. Argumentive and smart asses---only if I am dealing with an idiot/jerk. Married men live longer than single men. Single woman live longer than married women. Hmmmm? Older woman and younger man gets her grief, but a man with a 10-15 year younger woman when he is in his 60s does not appear to be an issue. Why the double standard?

Oh my yes...men never stop being intimidated by women...so grandma thinks she's sexy..ohhh that's scary
At 49, you realize of course you could be a grandpa. There are lots of women in their 50-60s who are darn sexy/good looking. They also have confidence. Just because you don't think grandma is sexy, doesn't mean she isn't. I am sure there are lots of 20 year old gals who thinks 49 year old men are creepy and over the hill and certainly not sexy while some 40-60 year old women think that he is one hot stud.
 clockwork lime
Msg: 467
Posted: 11/26/2009 3:47:29 PM

Older woman and younger man gets her grief

By whom?
 Juste moi Danielle
Msg: 468
Posted: 11/26/2009 4:01:46 PM
...so grandma thinks she's sexy..ohhh that's scary

Think? Nah. I know I'm sexy;).

BOO!

\/ You're pretty dang hot yourself...hey...wanna hook up for some NSA with one of 'em independent wimmin? We go dutch K?

;)

FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 469
Posted: 11/26/2009 4:04:35 PM

so grandma thinks she's sexy..ohhh that's scary

Think? Nah. I know I'm sexy;).

You're so hot you sizzle, Danielle..
 outofthedesert
Msg: 470
Posted: 11/26/2009 4:23:00 PM

Older woman and younger man gets her grief

By whom?

Not everyone but by those who choose to label her a cougar..............

We are all determined to be sexy by someone but not by the masses. It keeps it interesting.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 471
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2009 5:13:57 PM
There are plenty of smart, gorgeous, sexy older women in this room. Rather than being intimidated... I am drawn to them.

The only men who would be intimidated would be ones who might only see females as objects to be controlled. Men who only require women for decoration and sex are emotionally immature and pretty boring to be around. They tend to engage the world on a superficial level in my experience.

Give me a deep,earthy relationship with a woman with some runs on the board any day.
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 472
Posted: 11/26/2009 7:17:17 PM
The sad thing is I fit the older part.....sexy? How sexy is a pair of old blue jeans and a blue jean shirt? That is what I am comfortable in along with a beat up pair of old boots.......I live in them. So I fit the old to a T....the sexy I may have to work on.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2009 11:57:47 PM
No I don't think men are intimitdated by older sexy women. I think they are drawn to them.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think the same can be said for sexy.

According to my emails, turtlenecks are sexy. Who knew??
 DaringGreatly
Msg: 474
Posted: 11/27/2009 7:06:58 PM

There are plenty of smart, gorgeous, sexy older women in this room. Rather than being intimidated... I am drawn to them.

The only men who would be intimidated would be ones who might only see females as objects to be controlled. Men who only require women for decoration and sex are emotionally immature and pretty boring to be around. They tend to engage the world on a superficial level in my experience.

I agree. Smart, grounded ladies that don't take crap are extremely attractive.
 TryAgan
Msg: 475
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2009 7:26:55 PM
Not so much intimidated, as inundated.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?