Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profi      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
LOL! I've read enough of your forum contributions to know that most women over 50 would not be attracted to an old geezer who brags about the young 'uns he reels in. Why all the sudden interest in us over 50 yr olds?
 FrozenAssets
Msg: 27
What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?
Posted: 6/4/2009 6:13:17 PM
By the look of your profile, you aren't looking for anyone over the age of 54, so why bother with what we think?
 the SoldierByte
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/4/2009 6:24:00 PM
And I really thought they liked me...!!!

a few of the ladies on the forums,
including myself have actually emailed other lady posters and told them to look up your profile, just to laugh at the level of arrogance and ridiculousness of it. Just being honest.

Oh my my my...
Ms Desert WildFlower...
I been here a while...
And honestly...
I had no idea.........
The youngest woman (first wife) I was ever married to was seven years (7) older then me..
The oldest woman (third wife) was sixteen years older..!! After being married
she confessed that she had lied (I was lead to believe she was only 14 years difference.
She stated she was afriad I'd not like/stay with her if I knew how much older..)
My point.... we males NOT the only ones to "stretch" the truth..
As for me...
I try NEVER to lie unless I have to in order to make someone believe
something that is not true...
Other then that...
I'm a real keeper....
I just can't find anyone to convince...
More later...
Time for my meds...
(if I don't take em on times.. it gets spooky when ever the
carpet starts to tell me that
the aliens will be here in the morning to pick me up...
---SoldierByte---
 Phoebe48
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2009 8:07:51 PM
I bet 'ol boy felt his penis shriveling up by the end of Desert's post

I'll bet it was shriveled up long before then.............Welcome to Disneyland.

Now, Mr. Flye, most women who have reached the illustrious age of 50 and beyond are intelligent creatures. We can smell a man on the prowl a mile away. So, I actually appreciate it when a man states in his profile that he's looking for a size 4 to size 6 blonde Barbie for kissing, hugging, more kissing, cuddling and more deeper kissing. I actually read that in a man's profile today, in his "Interests" section. So, he's someone I would avoid, like the swine flu.
If I read one more man's profile that says he likes "romantic walks on the beach, under a star-lit sky", I'm going to barf. Cuddling in front of a fireplace with a glass of wine is running a close second. I'm beginning to wonder if guys are basically lazy. Either that or they're into copying and pasting from other guy's profiles. Or, writing what they think a woman wants to hear.

BTW.........Ms. Desert.........RIGHT ON!!!!!
 MissingMinx
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/5/2009 2:22:15 AM
This is a man who obviously views himself as a "catch" (although interestingly he doesn't post a picture and who can say whether what he states about himself/his dates is true??) - I have my suspicions whenever I see men "brag" as this man tends to do ..... Apparently he holds a Doctorate, therefore one would assume he has a certain level of intelligence .... I suspect that if he does have one, his Doctorate is based in the logical sciences and not in the arts, although I have also seen him make certain posts with staggeringly ineducated content.

This "intelligence" clearly does not extend to the emotional arena, and I suspect he attempts to date much younger women because he would find them less of a challenge to his view of himself, and that he would be unable to hold down a relationship with a woman he felt less able to control or manipulate, either emotionally or financially. (an equal in other words). This is the impression I have gained of Gaddflye after reading several of his posts/responses and his profile, and I can see that a number of women feel the same way.

Yes there is something terribly sad about a 66 year old chasing much younger women and feeling the need to "brag" - one wonders if the poor man has gone through life with such a deeply ingrained inferiority complex that he feels the need to do this.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/5/2009 3:11:39 AM

seeing that you asked...................
I see that you took out the lines about most your exes being models, and that many of them were referred to as Barbies. This is good. Those particular sentences (for me) put you on the top of the list for having the absolutely most arrogant, self absorbed, superficial, letcherous profile on all of POF for all of time. I do give you however that you are from OC and that is kind of a niche for arrogant obnoxious sexist self serving pigs, and considered acceptable in that market. To be honest, once in a while I would pull up your particular profile, just for sh*ts and giggles after a night of being out, and meeting one of your fellow good ole boys from your club.
Ther other issue that you will only consider dating women 12 to 31 years younger than yourself also kind of puts you in this same category as a looking for a trophy arm candy jerk guy. Again, consider the region, pretty normal.
So , if you do have all of these physical demands, I sure hope that you can meet a similar standard to that, being an average of 20 years older than who you prefer.
More typically, guys that I have met in this age range, with those requirements, I refer to as the pregnant Tommy Bahama boyz, Having to tilt the steering wheel in their Porche all the way up, in order to fit his steak and martini filled distended abdomen under it. Oooooooo, baby, that`s hot! Maybe they have a few bucks but that certainly doesn`t make them attractive in my book.
: At 66, you are cutting off at 54. Why do you ask what over 50 women want? I doubt if you want them. Having probs getting the hot 30 year olds in your stabile? Well, in closing, you are who you are. I think you should put the Barbie and model remark back in there so women know what they would be getting into if they accepted a date from you. Be Real. If you want to be a Hugh Hefner, go for it. I`m sure if you spend enough you`ll get a few takers, especially in Southern California. Women here have seemed to develop a pretty strong stomach for arrogant horney old viagara dogs.
There is sure enough of them around.
You asked. Best wishes finding that trophy to dangle.
Edit: FYI------a few of the ladies on the forums, including myself have actually emailed other lady posters and told them to look up your profile, just to laugh at the level of arrogance and ridiculousness of it. Just being honest.

Do you get the feeling desert wildflower's been waiting a lonngggg time to to say this?
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/5/2009 3:59:06 AM
I have to say, Gaddflye's outrageous posts lost their annoyance value a while ago. To me, they reached an apex when he was leaving his Danube cruise, filled with large-busted blonde women aged 30-45 who were lusting after him, together with the old 50 and 60-year-old desparado b1tches on heat, to post here and boast about it. Remember? It was when he posted they were having a "rack war" over him that he became a bit of a legend, I think..lol..
Unlike Desert, I'm not surrounded by his "type". So, for me, he's quite a rare and amusing specimen. It could be worse, we could be married to him...
 strawberi50
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/5/2009 4:21:46 AM
Desirable: Honesty...Not a list of do's and don'ts...or fabrications...Have you ever met someone that you thought was not "all that" but the more you talked to them the better they became....etc...Honesty about yourself without the list. I think we get the idea when you look but don't respond....Honesty.

Undesirable: Bed shots, partially naked shots, more than one person in pic shots, shots with other women ( unless you want to be known as a player then by all means keep it ) etc... Now don't get me wrong...I like the male phy. like any other woman, but like some men, I prefer to discover it on my own...!
 mis~fit
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/5/2009 4:52:58 AM
What do women over 50 look for in a man's profile?

seriously???

some word .... some hint ..... that you are able to still "rise up"....... to the "occasion" ...

buwaaahaaahaaa!!!

ENOUGH! of the over-done walks & talks, ALREADY! ... sooooo tired of hearing it.

thecatsmeoww
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/5/2009 5:54:49 AM
First a photo
Then I head right to the age range he has listed. The reason for that is I do not wish to read any further if his age range tells me he is looking for anything that walks. Also let's me know if he wants to date someone as young as some of his children maybe????

If he passes the above 2 things I like to read about his hobbies and interests.

thecatsmeoww
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/5/2009 6:17:58 AM
We like to see men who are NOT delusional in thinking they're entitled to a woman 20+ years younger than them,who's slim,gorgeous,bla bla bla........(yawn)

Kudos to Phoebe,Desert,Ffs,and Ms.Moonie........funny that we all think so similarly about certain Topics.......

Phoebe48
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 6:30:53 AM
It would be great to get some guidance from the ladies on how a man can put his best foot forward when writing his profile

And not in his mouth or up his A**???

I steer clear of men who write......

*not looking for a gold digger*........Name-calling is a turn-off. This man needs to get over thinking he's going to get stung financially by women, ya' think? Geez, some have been taken to the cleaners by their stock brokers recently. They're not belly aching and calling them gold diggers in their profiles.

*not looking for someone high maintenance*...........This man can't cook his own dinner, fetch his own beer or do his own laundry? Or, if he does........... he doesn't want to have to do it for a lady?

*if you want to know anything about me, just ask*..............This man is too lazy to write anything about himself, so I'm too lazy to ask.
 Gaddflye
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/5/2009 6:48:41 AM
Thank you to those of you who have supplied serious and thoughtful posts. I appreciate them very much.

Judging from many of the posts so far as well as in other over 45 threads very few women over 50 appear to be happy with their lives, like men and positive and upbeat in their outlook on life. Indeed many are seething and hostile and want to tell the world. Wow! It is so very sad. So many are down on men from past hurts, changes in body chemistry or whatever. I see some of this in the real world but not nearly to the extent it turns up in these forums. I do know some women over 50 who are happy and enjoy being around men. Most in their forties I know are. The 47 year old I am seeing tonight is a very happy person and a lot of fun to be around.

Is it OK to put "I want a woman of cheerful disposition, happy and content with herself and her life who likes and enjoys men." in a man's profile? That is certainly very, very important to me.
 RockDrummer_2010
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 7:43:23 AM
Excuse me if I misinterpreted, but did 'ol boy just tell all of you that you're sad, lonely, angry, hostile, & basically got no life? (after asking for your help)

This could reflect why his profile is still the way it is, since your meaningless bantering seemed of no importance to him...ya think?

Ya'll can still DO ME, if you like - I don't have all the sexist, looking for young girls & bragging on myself in mine...so I Ain't Skeered - well, maybe a little skeered...lol
 desert wildflower
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/5/2009 8:40:52 AM
Gadd,

Excuse me, but just because there are several women here that find your profile
arrogant, obnoxious, entitled and distasteful, has nothing to do with our happiness level. It has more to do with the vibes you are putting out. You ARE a turn off to a whole lot of women when you write things like that.

So I guess in your mind, anyone who finds you not all of that, or does find your communication style annoying, must be wrong and have issues. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you have an issue? Just maybe? I doubt it.

I have been reading your posts for several months. As far as I am concerned, the c*cky, self ingratiating way you post is just ridiculous, and I would feel very sorry for any woman who would have to even sit through 5 minutes of listening to such self absorbed drivvel. I have met people like that in real life and I am gone.

I am sure there are women out there that view you as being confidant and living life with gusto to the fullest. I am not one of them. Silicon bimbos are often impressed easily, so you best stick to those, who can adore and admire the superior being that you are.

As far as my happiness level, don`t worry hun, it`s handled, and I got what I need right now. My happiness or lack of it has nothing to do with your over the top crappy attitude.

Rockdrummer,
You are fine, more than fine. Women only go on the attack mode when they run into something like the OP.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/5/2009 2:48:45 PM
I can see how us laughing at the old goat makes us look like total b1tches to new posters. But this man's posts have left no doubt in my mind as to how much he despises women.
For months, we've been treated here to post after post from Gaddflye about how women over 50 are too old, too ugly, too worn-out, too disgusting. He has never tried to hide his repugnance and in fact has practically spat in our virtual faces.
So when this old man asks us what is "undesirable" about his profile, who can be blamed for pointing out the obvious? What's undesirable about your profile is your sexist, belittling attitude. You don't like us? Whatever. But don't expect some women to thank you for insulting them.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/5/2009 3:18:11 PM
Friendly said:I can see how us laughing at the old goat makes us look like total b1tches to new posters.

Friendly not at all you in fact gave me a few good chuckles.. I have to wonder what this man was thinking when he asked a group of women over 50 what they find desirable or undesirable in a man's profile?

He opens the door to a group he dissed? Now how intelligent is that I ask?

thecatsmeoww
 Phoebe48
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 3:43:28 PM
He opens the door to a group he dissed? Now how intelligent is that I ask?

Well, common sense or intelligence, whatever you want to call it, is something that would definitely be desirable to see in a guy's profile. And, is definitely reflected in forum posts.

Afterall, if they don't have anything upstairs, then I have NO reason to check out the basement. No matter what the square footage is.............. if ya' know what I mean?
 Lambro59
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/5/2009 3:57:51 PM
Interesting, a lot of the things women say they don't want to see in a mans profile is the same things I see in women's profiles. I just wrote an honest self assessment, some women will like it, some won't, no matter what you put in your profile. That's life
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 4:34:41 PM
the sad part is that writing is a skill like any other. some have it, some don't. there are scads of smart, terrific catches out there, male and female, who come off as dull because writing is not part of their skill set. kudos to the site for making suggestions on what to write, but i really don't care who your favorite bands are. i wanna know the things that are most important to you and what you really feel.

strip away the personalities and bad blood in this thread, and you find the op is asking a legitimate question about writing.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 5:07:53 PM
Want to thank all you ladies who insist on a photo; it *really* assisted my fella in finding me, lol!

On topic: I always really appreciated a guy who could get enough of his world view down on "paper" so that I had an idea with whom I was dealing. Didn't matter so much whether he was appealing to me, or the reverse -- simply gives everyone all the way around the opportunity to make an informed choice, early.

lbiker
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/5/2009 5:13:46 PM
Gaddflye

Why do you ask a question, setting yourself up for positive information, and you get nasty and negative. Haven't you commented several times how females "group" opinions for 1 man onto all men. Isn't that what you just did?

Where is your picture? I looked at your profile, it doesn't really tell me much about you. Other than your fantasy russian faced, oriental bodied, female servant. What about you? To be so specific, show us what you have to offer. Isn't that fair? My concept of a good lookin man is any or all of 300. (The movie, Spartans) Oh, that leads me to another question, what happened to you guys,,you used to look sooooooo good..Is it age, just like the female population???? Ohhhh you get wrinkles, loose skin, droops instead of smooth????? So where is the pictures?
All of us have ideas, fantasies, dreams, but unless we look that good ourselves, why do we expect others to? And at out age, how many times are you going to have a face lift, body repair, to get that look???
Me I would rather be real, just me, wrinkles and all. And some male, that looked at all of me, not just my size, face, and that other fake crap.
OH yeah,,size 7. FYI!!!!!
So best of luck to you and your fantasy. Don't ask the ladies for help, if you can't take the honesty.

LBiker
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 5:21:50 PM
Just read the thread, yikes! Mr Flye may not be "all that" but he IS at least a "bag of chips," so give credit where credit is due, eh?

findingnirvana
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 6:02:31 PM
thanks folks--i've never laughed so hard in my life!!!!!!!!!!
 desert wildflower
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/5/2009 6:06:14 PM
I do have to comment, in Mr. Gaddflye`s defense, that I feel he is only a lost sheep following blindly the accepted attitude of older single males in upscale Southern California communities.

Spending much of my time in a similar setting in So Cal, I run into these Mr. Flyes on a regular basis. He is only a product of a superificial box mentality , sexist, materialistic,
and shallow to a fault. If he has either been born into this culture or has adopted it , I have to tell you, it is accepted in his home town.
The good ole country club boys trade women the same way they would trade a car or a
piece of real estate. Women are considered an "object" for pleasure, and not much other thought is put into it. The women, in turn accept this philosophy, as long as there is enough financial value in it for them to tolerate this ego driven dance of power, property and sex. It is "normal" here. As long as the next designer purse can be procured, maybe if she is lucky, a car or a great island getaway, many women are willing to sell themselves out to the highest bidder, be it wrinked, nasty a$$ sagging old man ,that could well be her grandfather. This is also considered normal here.

I have seen scenarios and values accepted here that would make most normal folk from other regions cringe. Speaking to one of these fine gentlemen one evening, he mentioned to me "well, you are going to pay for it one way or another, so you may as well buy what you can afford. Prostitute, girlfriend, it`s all the same to me."

So you see, these men have no souls or feeling. They only have ego and needs to be met. Good food, prestigious golf membership, great car, and hot babe. They really wouldn`t understand the concept of actually interacting with a woman like a human being. They are living breathing Barbie dolls-------in Gadd`s own words, considered no more than expensive toys to be played with. This mindset is what the profile reveals.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do women over 50 find desirable and undesirable in a man's profile?