Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do married men lie about being married??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ravager
Msg: 51
Why do married men lie about being married??Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
(Runs into the thread, yells..."WOMEN DO IT TOO!!!!!" then runs out again.)
 METALLlC BLUE
Msg: 52
Why do married men lie about being married??
Posted: 9/19/2006 7:31:34 AM
Because they lack integrity. [/Discussion]
 dartchew
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/20/2006 8:41:42 AM
I agree with you completely. Even though I am a male, I always believe in being upfront. I do not have any respect for men who lie about their marital situation. Be honest right from the beginning folks
 guzzik
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/20/2006 9:27:56 AM
If a guy poste din his profile that he was married but wnated a bit on the side from time to time or some stupid female to love him but put up with him being married etc...............How many answers or responsive females would he actually get do you think? NONE is the answer or at least very, very few indeed!! So, all those muppets who lie are just proving my point and thiers..............They are muppets.
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/21/2006 12:00:16 AM
bec they dont want to get caught & they just needed a quick fix... I fell inlove & still am inlove with a married man--- gysmnater. he is a remarkable man that we both relate well with each other....
 montana_sun
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/9/2006 5:13:46 PM
well i don't hold back that am married, so why do women put younger pics of them selfs...me i don't put pics..but when i get to know someone online then i will agree to show myself on cam,that way u see the real person,and i do not judge,for married men and women that lie well there just out to get one thing..and if someone goes for the lie without knowing more .hey ur both at fault
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/9/2006 5:28:24 PM
So they can get off the couch...so they can get off...just where do they get off! Grrr
 picker_grinner
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/9/2006 5:37:45 PM
So they don't have YamI crawling all over them.
 Serendipityone
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/9/2006 5:44:44 PM
It’s a huge character flaw. I also read where it’s considered a disease and there is even an organization something like AA to help them with this psychological and emotional disorder. I have also read where many of these types of men are homophobic I’ve been hit on several times by married men and it is a total turn off. But I find it amusing when they lie about it and they think you can’t see the obvious. Men can be sooo thick brained.
 Altered_Ego
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/11/2006 6:21:38 AM
I don't care for the way you worded your topic title.

All married men don't lie about being married.

I'm divorced, but never lied when I was married.
 sparticuss
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/11/2006 7:04:16 AM
Here's a question for all you brave married men to fess up and tell all.

I realize there are many married people, both male and female out there looking for intimate encounters on the side, okay, we're not here to judge that,
===================================]
Oh don't be a fool. Of course youre' here to judge that. And you do jusde that. Every time you go onto the boards.
=================================

but when you're married and just looking for that, why not advertise that??
===============================
Mostly because women avoid married men like the plague even when they are only after web pen pals.
======================================
I know I'm not the only lady out here that has had a married man, who advertises he's single, hit on her, and down the line the truth comes out.
==================================
He wasnt trying to hit on you. Can your fragile ego handle that. The idea that a man may have been chattering about sex but still not tyring to hit on you???
=============================

If you're just looking for that, why not just be honest and advertise that!!!!

Why would you lead a single lady on?

Okay, be brave, fess up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
========================
Oh I'm more than brave enough to fess up. But you???? Are you brave enough to face up to my fess up.??? Well??
 neurotique
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/19/2007 11:46:04 AM

So leave this old **stard out of this thinking that ALL married people are looking for anything other than the fun of the forum. I hate this type-casting shyt. I don't give a damned about anybody as far as getting into any relationship whatsoever.

Methinks doth dost protest too much. If it's no big deal, let it roll off ya like water off a duck's back. I'm married, I'm here. So what?

As for those that personally don't like the thought of married people looking for a romp, then just ignore them. If you don't wanna****around with married people, check it off on your profile. Easy as pie.

Now get off your high horse and go have some fun.
 Nautical Nan
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/20/2007 12:19:24 PM
why would you have to ask? The "OTHER WOMAN" might find out.......and of course they would not like to leave the "homelife" the other woman creates...............
 comanche1969
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/20/2007 12:48:11 PM
Because they lack character.
 orchid38
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/20/2007 12:57:57 PM
Simple answer is because lying works and they get laid without having to be committed to anyone..I mean anyone..not even the wife...
To each his own and frankly I will judge..It's wrong to sleep around when you are married to another. You can agree or not, but I would never want someone who thought otherwise in my life..I don't need that drama nor the pain and hurt of finding out the man I loved cheated on me..
 JustCallMeMike
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2007 1:46:02 PM
Here are a few reasons why a married woman or man would lie about their status:

1. They are cheating.
2. They are either separated or in the middle of a divorce.
3. It is a common law marriage.
4. The married couple are in an open or swinging relationship and they are concerned of how a perspective lover may preceive their relationship.

*Posts sign that reads: "STOP THE GENERALIZATIONS!"
 classydetective
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/20/2007 2:47:19 PM
-they are cheating and they think that admitting you are married is not a great way to meet other women.

-they may have perfectly innocent intentions like say, the forums, but this is a dating site, and in order to not draw so much attention to themselves they do not disclose they are married.
 GirlOnline
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/18/2007 2:44:56 PM
Coz they're lying, cheating, gutless, B A S T A R D S!
 This is Now
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/18/2007 2:54:55 PM
They lie to get laid. I don't see how there is much more to it.

It's a wonder more single guys who are looking for uncommitted sex and always seem to attract those of us who are looking for something monogamous don't start lying and saying they're married.

We could then direct all our angst toward this unfortunate circumstance -- always bearing in mind that it's being done for the benefit of the [actually non-existant] children.

That would get the heat off their a$s and provide a makeshift firewall for our latent Bridezilla qualities.
 ajtramp
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/18/2007 3:05:17 PM
In my opinion, it's because they don't want to be left alone. The thought of NOT having a woman to come home to, is worse then the challenges of being caught are.
If the "test drive" seems better then the ride he has now, he'll do a trade in. If it's only marginally better, he may try to "lease" the new ride with trinkets and such, untill a decision HAS to be made.
Fess up guys, going home to an empty house is no fun.
But if you get free and clear, it's not like your going to STAY alone.
And that's FAR better then living 2 lies!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do married men lie about being married??