Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I only see my boyfriend once a week      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *Sassy Redhead*
Msg: 49
I only see my boyfriend once a weekPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This is a problem ...Why? What are your expectations for contact and seeing each other? And most importatntly.....have you communicated your expectations to him (especially if your not happy)? Answer these questions and your on the road to problem solving with him....good luck lil

Commonsens
Msg: 50
I only see my boyfriend once a week
Posted: 8/28/2009 6:41:21 AM
patience is a virtue....
 Motto_Bella
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/28/2009 6:49:39 AM
If you're feeling this way and not comfortable communicating your concern ~ why be in this relationship at all? Perhaps he's a man of routine or his job takes him out of area or other obligations require personal time.. who knows! Lots of speculation but no real substance to go by. Be directing when you speak otherwise you're left guessing .. blah. If he's coy or aloof when you address the issue.. bolt. He's wasting your time. Good luck!
 definitelybratty
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/28/2009 6:52:48 AM
Be thankful for the time you do share and enjoy the time without him to confirm your identity and spend time with others in your life.

It is actually a great thing to be able to have separate lives while getting to know each other. Three months is not so long overall so it sounds like maybe he is trying to slowly build a steady foundation.

Good luck.
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 7:39:47 AM
There is a difference between dating and being in a relationship. If the two of you decided to be exclusive, then it seems you are in a relationship. Of course that has a different definition for everybody, and people have different needs for closeness, etc.
I agree with message 28/Colors. I wouldn't be happy with your situation either. If you're looking for a relationship you want to share your life, your experience, your time...you don't want to come after all the other people he has to see, work he has to do, activities he enjoys, friends he wants to get together with, space he may need.
A person like that should date, casually, not be in a relationship.
Talk every other day? To your boyfriend? Girlfriend? What is that? If there is so little to say, so little to hold eachother's interest, then there's...so little!
It's one thing to pace yourself or not crowd/smother another person; but being seemingly low on the list of priorities or "must-haves" doesn't like there's any momentum building. If there's a close bond as you say, for me, there should be more.
 eastendwoman
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/28/2009 7:49:00 AM
The schedule you have with him is perfect. Don't touch it. Don't ask for more. He's leaving you enough time so that you have enough time for 'you'. Enough time to do things that you can tell him about when you talk or see him. If he was with you more, then conversations would become hum drum. This is a blessing in disguise.
 LUSTING IMPRESSIONS
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/28/2009 7:50:12 AM
Familiarity breeds contempt. As someone far wiser than me has said, he gives you the gift of missing him, be thankful about it. Unless you want to risk sacrificing quality for quantity, appreciate the moments you spend together and find other ways to fill the rest.
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 8:00:20 AM
The OP closed her account...maybe she's spending more time with her boyfriend!
 kpooks
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 9:16:21 AM
You obviously want more than he wants.

Personally, once to twice a week get-togethers would be my ideal relationship-!
 ~GoneSailing~
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/28/2009 9:34:04 AM
Ask him out. If he's not asking you to do things more often then perhaps you should be asking him to do something.
 starfish342
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 5:14:19 PM
If I was in an exclusive relationship I would never tolerate once per week. That's nowhere near enough time for me to be with a person I care about and am very attracted to.

3-4x is about my comfort level.

If you need more time with him, then it doesn't matter that others are ok with once a week and still others want to see a person daily.

If you're not satisfied, then something has to change.
 adventurousme57
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/28/2009 5:29:54 PM
Funny how we seem to always want what we don't have. This sounds like the PERFECT relationship to me. I get to see him, think about him, want him and have my own life at the same time!

And that 'one day' when I actually see him?...watch out, Baby!
 LakeCountyGal
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/28/2009 8:20:30 PM
Sounds fine to me. I'm currently dating someone I only see once a week, but that's mostly because our schedules just work out that way. I wouldn't have a problem seeing him more often if he wanted that and requested it, but so far, once a week seems to work fine. We email each other pretty regularly, but I don't "expect" him to email me every single day.

I think girls expect a little too much contact sometimes. Guys are just not phone people. They don't need to talk on the phone for hours or every day like some women enjoy doing. I wouldn't take it personally. He's staying in touch with you and making the effort to keep things going. I don't think there's anything to fret about. If he suddenly stops contacting you or is busy weekend after weekend, then I'd be worried. But if things are going well, and he's continuing to keep you in the loop, don't worry about it.

Just enjoy your dates.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I only see my boyfriend once a week