Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How can I get my ex back?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bgrumling
Msg: 48
How can I get my ex back?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
well answer to the last question first. no one knows why really anyone acts the way anyone else does and thats not for us to even ponder. Trying to figure out why anyone acts a speific way actually will drive you crazy. then the next thing is let her go. i know its hard. I AM 3000 MILES away from my soon to be ex wife. there is nothing i can do to save the realtionship. You live, you learn you get hurt and then you heal. the fact is simple move on, and yes i like absolute answers too. the hows and whys but thats not for us to know.
 Tinklesheepsheep
Msg: 49
How can I get my ex back?
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:34:16 PM
I agree with Sirenbliss. You're too good for her, that's why you can't get her back. She's really an imbecil who not only has communications problems, but her troubles are deeper than that, she can't even think straight and her entire value system is waaaay out of kilter.

We all, on PoF, are still in shock why she doesn't want to come back to you. After all, your divorce or separation was not a sign that your togetherness failed, it was a sign that your togetherness (holy matrimony?) was a complete and thundering success.
 FULLFIGMAAM
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/23/2009 12:25:17 AM
Do not try to get her back, because she is not in love with you, or does not feel the same way that you do.
Find someone who is available, and doesn't run off when you tell her you love her... Preferably, she'll be equally into you.
Good luck, and am sorry as you are obviously hurt from this, and grasping at straws. M
 sprsthrn
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 8:02:39 AM
im in the same boat, having her back would just be like the old days but then wouldn't you always be worried she could do this again?

you could just be setting your self up to be hurt again!

just play cod! lol

if its ment to be its ment to be you have to let her contact you dont act cold, she'll just get the fact your over her play it cool never know what can happen

if your going to send gifts and stuff just make sure its a item i sent my x now bestfriend a mix cd and 2 books in the space of a month,

didn't want her back exactly because im level headed but i do miss the moments we had.
 Cathysaint
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 9:01:18 AM
Oh, what can you do? maybe leave it for now but text her if she wants a relationship with you in the future( even if that next week) you will want that also
 lulujski5
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 1:38:32 PM
This is very hard, and I've been there before myself and here's my advice which you can take or leave..

Remember the main rule is "the person who cares least, controls the situation"
Dont initiate contact for atleast 3 -4 weeks no matter how much you would like to. You had a life before you met her, and it's important that you continue with your own life .

When you do finally call her say something like “ ya know, you were right, the break-up was definitely for the best. It'd be a shame to throw away our friendship though. How about we go out for a bite to eat or a coffee or something? We can work on being friends again, no hard feelings.”

(reverse osychology)

play the friend card....and take it from there ..Work on getting back to what attracted her to you in the first place and lastly, know when to walk away. If she isn't receptive at that point chances are she will never be :) and that's when it's time to pick up the pieces and move on...

Good luck....
 MsWinter
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 1:39:02 PM
You ain't it.Leave her alone.She is gone!
 4x4fan
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/6/2011 4:34:53 PM
She had a momentary scratch, and you itched it for her. That's it. Nothing more.
It's rough, but those are the facts.
Move on. She already has.
 goldaglet
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/6/2011 6:34:25 PM
It appears that she sent you the wrong signal by having sex. Forget this situation and save intimacy for a genuine relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How can I get my ex back?