Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Men's behavior after sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dysfunction_junction
Msg: 75
Men's behavior after sex Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
The amount of time is irrelevant. The key is communicating with your partner about sex and what it means to you and to your partner.

yeah man. i can't wait to see all the threads with the women pissing & moaning along the lines of something like this: "well i took your advice to heart about communicatin' 'n all so i went ahead and fvcked billy bob's eyes right the heck out on our very first date! he even said to me, 'i love you darlene you are the wimmen of my dreams.' and golly gee he promised me we'd go meet his momma next week after church but now he won't even pick up the phone! doesn't he love me anymore?? what should i do?!?"

karma1160
Msg: 76
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 6/24/2009 4:08:53 PM
In my opinion the guy has to go in his cave and have a talk with himself after this happens he will either call you or freak and run . Your calling him will not change this let him process.
 The 0nly 0ne
Msg: 77
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 6/24/2009 7:26:03 PM
From what it sounds like to me that is all he wanted. If that were me and I still wanted to see you I'd call you or text you to see how you were doing and try going out with you again.

Derek
 trustediva
Msg: 78
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 6/24/2009 8:48:30 PM
I don't get the drama of the 'should I call'. We're all mature and grown up. If I wanted to know, I'd call and put it straight to him. Further, if he had txt me, I'd txt back and thank him too, say I enjoyed our time together and looking forward to seeing him again soon. Why worry about who says what when, unless it's all about power and control. But what a waste of time those games are....
 Severin78
Msg: 79
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 6/25/2009 12:27:48 PM
The thank you is just that- "thanks for the evening". He may not have been the most articulate (of course how articulate can one be with a txt?), and he may not be a phone person (Lord knows I'm not- I'm not in my teens).

Did you get another date?
 athletic2fit
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 6/25/2009 12:34:42 PM

Can some of the guys please comment on what behavior women should expect after sex. I'm not talking here about the "cuddling time"

Cuddle Time? I usually fall asleep right after sex.
 Latinlover-2010
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 12/23/2011 11:32:12 AM
At least he text you the next day, some men forget or just don't care about thanking you the next day, if he doesn't call you within the next week you can say that he just wanted to have sex with you, but remember you guys are just dating you are not in a serious relationship yet, so he has the right to do that unless you talk about your relationship before the sex.
I guess you just need to wait to find out if it was just a fling.
 mjinict
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 12/24/2011 9:26:24 AM
Or you could view sex as a mutual sharing of pleasure and not as anyone "giving up" anything, which is a much healthier view
--------------------------------------
Therein lies most of the "problems" between men and women. She gets it!
Awesome.
--------------------------------------

She also said she hasn't had anyone leave her for having sex too soon. Others have, through no fault of their own, other than giving it up too soon.
 Jewnolikebeef
Msg: 83
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 12/25/2011 12:47:52 PM
Eh, it's usually the girl that I get that from...guess I'm always involved with the wrong kinda girl...couldn't tell ya why other than a lot of guys feel the more girls they're with, the more of a "man" they are...I assure you, we're not as strong and tough and cold as we'd like y'all to think we are. Of course I've felt that urge, it's natural, just like if you're not getting sex, you feel like less of a man, it's a sick joke God inflicted on the male species merely to f*ck with our heads and make women ask this very question. Nothing more.
 gunner4570
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 2/4/2012 2:13:21 AM
Indeed she does! Bravo!!

There are 3 levels of Sex
1. The "met in the bar, clicked and went somewhere and had a very good time". This may or may not grow into:
2. Sex with your friend(s). People you are comfortable with, who you enjoy spending time with. It may or may not grow into:
3: Making love with the person you simply have to have in your life..and they in yours. The ultimate love and devotion thingy. The person you will spend the rest of your life with.

But that only happens with the Right One. And they are not all the Right Ones. So enjoy what you can, and keep your eyes and your mind open. None of us are children any more. We have been there, done that and would or would not do it again. Sex at this stage in life is a normal part of life..but not all of life. So dont take it personally if there is no Click! when all is said and done. Keep looking. HE will turn up sooner or later. Sleep with the ones you like..dont sleep with the ones that you dont. Its hardly rocket science.

Shrug
 gunner4570
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 2/4/2012 2:21:55 AM

When a woman makes the first move I consider is a blesssing not a curse. I know too that women have "needs" as much as men do, and should NOT have to deal with the social stigmas that go with those needs. Somewhere, somehow, I just think the double standard needs to go away and we all need to grow up.

Very very well stated!!
I was married for 38 YRS...its not rocket science.
 Ashburnguy99
Msg: 86
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 2/4/2012 6:03:53 AM
So I'm just getting back into the whole dating thing after being divorced, but several people (men and women) have told me about the "3 date rule". Essentially, if you make it to the 3rd date, then there is an expectation (from both people) that there will be sex. What's that all about? Has anyone else heard this? Silly me, I thought that you had sex whenever it felt right and you were both ready.
 ixtlan09
Msg: 87
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 2/4/2012 11:10:33 AM
Expect a lot of belching, farting, sports watching, and hanging out with the guys.

Why did he thank you? Did you tell him you love him? Isn't that the only time a guy ever says thank you?

(Sorry, but I just couldn't resist.)

The truth is, as harsh as it might sound, it sounds like your guy accomplished his goal, which was simply to have sex with you.
 egboy
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 2/5/2012 10:46:41 AM
I have had women do the same thing to me. Date 3or 4 times have sex they said was reay great and want to contenue with the dateing. Then I cann't get them to return my calls or text or messages. I will leave 2 of each then it's up to them. I never hear from them again.
 Jazzplenty2012
Msg: 90
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 2/5/2012 10:55:21 AM
Why does her age have anything to do with her question!! She could be older but inexperiencd in this matters!! Don't put her down for asking for our advice!!!

To you OP hope all is well!!!
 Looking4Chat0000
Msg: 91
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 2/5/2012 11:24:12 AM
I have heard this many times coming from men and women, it may not be true but thought I would share this.

Some men want to see how good a woman is in bed before entering into a relationship or more with her or continue dating. Its sad if this is true and what they value most in a relationship. Its an instant world and sometimes it takes awhile to get to know someone well in bed...their likes and dislikes. These men will be searching a long time for instant perfection.
 Happy2Day
Msg: 92
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 2/5/2012 12:00:07 PM
After reading some of the replies I am beginning to think that I am the only person who thinks 4 dates to perfectly appropriate timing.

If after 4 dates he dashes, he would have done so after 20 dates.

In my humble opinion, in this day and age intimacy (sex) is appropriate somewhere between 3-6 dates, taking into account you have been talking nearly daily between dates and the dates were substance.

EVERY relationship I've had in my life (including my 10 year marriage) sex was consummated after 3-6 dates (which equals like 1-2 months). I quite honestly question the (lack of) sex drive in people who wait longer. I quite honestly do not want to be in a relationship with a man who is content with not having sex for more than 2 months!

This all being said, once you have sex with a man DO NOT THINK YOU ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP! Be ready for all outcomes. A budding relationship may fall flat after sex, but not because of sex.

In closing, I do not want a man who is so mentally un-evolved that he can't see a relationship with a woman after a few dates. To me, this reeks of a man who objectifies and sexualizes women (judges women by their sexuality). To these men, I'm actually happy they do not call me back, because we would never have lasted anyway. (I am way to sexually liberal to be with a man with a "Madonna" complex!)
 gunner4570
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Men's behavior after sex
Posted: 2/6/2012 12:27:03 AM
Kudos to the Coffee Lovin Lawyer! Well said! Bravo!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Men's behavior after sex