Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > ladies and asian men???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 poker_fan_in_nyc
Msg: 26
ladies and asian men???Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
My best boyfriend was Japanese straight from Japan (not American)...he was an international student at my university when I was in school...we dated for over 3 years...His personality is what won me over
 purrtypurr
Msg: 27
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/25/2009 8:44:06 AM
My best friend's daughter is living with an Asian man, and she swears he is a Stud.....
 HazelRose
Msg: 28
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/25/2009 8:58:15 AM
I have dated Asian men in the past, and even met one's parents too. LOL It depends on the guy as it always has, and not the race. They can be fun.
 cuban delite
Msg: 29
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:06:43 AM
I personally have met some sexy asian men.....though some do seem abit shy.I would date one if he was the right one ...couldnt care what ethnic background , if hes a good guy!
 TishyFishy
Msg: 30
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/25/2009 11:01:52 AM
some of them are drop dead gorgeous!
 tall_tigress
Msg: 31
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/25/2009 11:09:38 AM
I think helping your friend to be a little more confident in himself is the best thing you could do. There are plenty of women out there that would date an asian man, including myself - if he was my height (5'10) or taller and if he asked me out.
I am sure that a woman will come along that will bring him out of his shell, dont worry. He is lucky to have a friend that cares about his happiness.
 BeforeSheSaidhi
Msg: 32
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:36:06 PM
Yea confidence is the key!, no matter what race you are most girls don't want a shy guy.
 roseyn
Msg: 33
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:52:10 PM
I've known many Asian men due to different classes I've taken and the things I'm into. I had ONE Asian boyfriend. I've had crushes on a few mixed Asians. *DROOLING* As far as my 1 boyfriend. Started out really sweet, very romantic, but turns out he was real racist in a strange way. He openly put down other races and truly felt the Asian race is supreme. He was verbally abusive and threatened to kill me on more than one occassion. Stalked me. Didn't wanna take no as an answer. He was in the military. Anyway after I broke up with him I thought "never again"

Well anyway based on my friendships, the only negative thing I feel is that a lot of them are completely racist and will not mingle outside the race. For those who are open minded and not that way, kudos
 BeforeSheSaidhi
Msg: 34
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:59:45 PM
Not all asian men are like that. The funny thing is I've always dated out of my race mostly Caucasion girls. I'm sorry to hear what happen in your case, but not all asian men are racist and think asian culture is supreme lol.
 jacintos
Msg: 35
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/26/2009 9:15:38 PM
I'm equal opportunity when it comes to race. I've thought plenty of Asian guys were attractive. Of course, the personality has to be there, but I would never discount a guy just cuz he's Asian.
 Tequila_Slim
Msg: 36
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/27/2009 6:26:43 PM

would date an asian man, including myself - if he was my height (5'10) or taller and if he asked me out.

Won't you do the opposite and ask him out? So why does he have to be taller than you? Is there something wrong with dating someone that isn't as tall or taller than you? Are you planning on playing some hoop on the first date?
 Tequila_Slim
Msg: 37
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/27/2009 6:30:30 PM

the only negative thing I feel is that a lot of them are completely racist and will not mingle outside the race.

That's because the majority of asians, even asian americans, still have a FOBBY mentality. I agree most will not mingle with non-asians as a result of little exposure to other races or they're just unwilling to move beyond their comfort zone.
 Yamo3386
Msg: 38
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/29/2009 11:47:24 AM

That's because the majority of asians, even asian americans, still have a FOBBY mentality. I agree most will not mingle with non-asians as a result of little exposure to other races or they're just unwilling to move beyond their comfort zone.

I am the complete opposite. I rarely hang out with other asians. NOT on purpose though
 Tequila_Slim
Msg: 39
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 7/29/2009 6:14:40 PM

I am the complete opposite. I rarely hang out with other asians. NOT on purpose though

Same here Yamo....I rarely do myself....And also not by any concious choice, just whoever I feel at ease with I gravitate toward them.
 Adesia
Msg: 40
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 12/22/2009 2:46:34 PM
Yes agreed every man needs a bit of edge to him . Lots of women , including myself like a man that can be a man but thats not to say I want a jerk .. just someone that will make decisions and such.

Alot of Asian men seem shy which for me isn't the greatest I can be shy also , Then what? lol

But there also has to be a attraction and for me its someone around the 5'8" or taller .. mark. Not to say I haven't found some Asian men this tall of course I have and I do date Asian guys.

Seems thats all i'm interested in latley are Asain men or Spanish men. So not all us women are against dating outside our race at all . Its just to find the right person you are attracted to physically and mentally no matter what color they are.

But this being said Asian men i've hung out with or dated will normally treat you very decently big plus.
 whereismrdarcy
Msg: 41
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 12/22/2009 7:24:22 PM
I know I have seen some drop dead gorgeous Asian men. I have date a Chinese man and a Korean man. I thought both of them were awesome. The problem was that I was mostly interested in them because I like the way they look, but we didn't have things in common. You also get the insecurity that they normally date Asian women who are TINY in a lot of cases and most American Caucasian women are just not that small.
 goshilovey0u
Msg: 42
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 12/22/2009 8:21:09 PM
I love asian men.
The stereotype, from what I've encountered, is not true.

Attractive and sweet dudes.

Plus I'm asian and that typically helps.
 ManicMelanie
Msg: 43
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 12/22/2009 8:42:05 PM
I dated one Asian man.

He was an ass, a jerk, arrogant, selfish, self-centered, etc. etc.

I would still go out with another Asian guy. He just wasn't a very good one. It was apart from his nationality/race.

Cat*Eyes
Msg: 44
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 12/23/2009 1:26:53 AM
I was married to a Japanese man who was from Japan, for 10 years. I have dated
a Chinese and a Korean. Are you also including men from Iran, men from Pakastan and India, Asian men? I have dated men from each of those countries too. None of these experiences were the same, because they were all individual men. My expereince with all these men was all very pleasant. They were all decent men and they all treated me as the lady I am, and they all were very respectful. I could not see that their race or even religion had any affect on me and my experience with Asian men. But now that I think about it, they were all much more decent and respectful than American men or European men.
The title of my summary, is "People are People" a Depeche Mode song.
In summary, based on my expience, I would recomend women who want to be treated with respect and like a lady date Asian men. I would again.
 ECEC
Msg: 45
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 12/28/2009 8:20:17 PM
Asians also have great family value as well
 winteragain
Msg: 46
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 12/28/2009 8:35:44 PM
Come on dudes, people from India/Pakistan/Azerbaijan are not asians. They're only classified as such because we have no idea what the heck they are. They're asians by virtue of being next to China. News flash: Russia is on top of China and we don't call those guys asian. India actually broke off from Africa some tens of thousands of years back and crashed into Asia forming the Himalayan mountains.

To answer the OP, my 80% german 20% french gf likes the fact that I'm good with math, have great family values, believe in monogamy, and I'm well educated. She's glad I'm not the shy type of asian otherwise I wouldn't have her as a gf. I'm in total agreement with her. Shy guys need a lot of work, and the passive aggressiveness makes their future rather dim.
 leanco
Msg: 47
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 12/28/2009 8:45:05 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you Cat*Eyes for sharing your positive experience regarding Asian men.

There are some ugly myths going around that caricaturize the Asian male, one of which is that they treat women poorly. Fortunately, those who have real experience like yourself know better.

Two thumbs up to you for telling the truth!
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 48
view profile
History
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 12/29/2009 6:23:00 AM
I'm a mixed mutt of asian/european decent.
No-one ever complained about me being an arrogant, pompous jerk with a small...

Stereotypes are a racist minds' version of an opinion...just like no two snowflikes are alike, we're all different in our own way.
 sammylg
Msg: 49
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 1/5/2010 8:01:32 AM
"Come on dudes, people from India/Pakistan/Azerbaijan are not asians"

Well, I don't know about Azerbaijan, but India and Pakistan? Are you serious? Asian are people from the continent of ASIA. What continent do you think India and Pakistan are apart of?

Indo/Pakistan/Sri Lankans/Bangladesh and others from that area are called South Asians.

smileforgzus
Msg: 50
ladies and asian men???
Posted: 1/5/2010 9:53:47 AM
I'm going to be honest and say I have never saw an Asian man who I'd consider attractive
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > ladies and asian men???