Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How important is money?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wild heart
Msg: 76
How important is money?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

What does my head in is when the first question out of a womans mouth is 'what do you do?'

As I've said a million times before, it's pretty easy NOT to ask this question and still be that type of woman. They just aren't being sneaky enough. :D

Seriously though, this is an example of ME learning from men about not doing certain things on dates. I no longer asked this question after I learned why men don't like it.

It's too bad, men can't learn how to use this medium properly after all the suggestions that are floating around on this forum......

Pffft.
 TitusBreast
Msg: 77
How important is money?
Posted: 7/6/2009 6:09:28 AM
I'm shocked that you need to ask that question at your age and level of life experience. Money makes the world spin; not enough causes severe nervous problems. It's tough saying which sex takes it harder. I've heard it's worse for men. Then again, I've known some real cheap and lazy b@stards who have their hands out instead of haulin' ass to make some loot. It's a man's world, afterall, and unless there's something awfully wrong with that person, to think someone else should pay their way indefinitely (chronic pimp syndrome) is insane. I don't have much use for 'love' these days. Money guarantees a much better time...be it stag or with a temporary companion. Love, Titus
 eyez-ofa-angel
Msg: 78
How important is money?
Posted: 7/6/2009 11:36:32 AM
Money is not everything to me! but I do have to say this...Its nice to have a man who can take you out too. I want a man who is on the same level as me, and what I mean by that is..I want a man who can and does take care of himself. I dont have alot of money..so its not that importante to me, but it does matter that he can take me out. and NO i dont mean spoil me wiht things, thats not me..I just mean someone who can treat me that same way i would him
 juno-first
Msg: 79
How important is money?
Posted: 7/6/2009 12:18:52 PM
I think believing a man should be on lots more money than a woman is old fashioned & would severely limit your number of potential partners. After all, in the modern world with the bloke being on an average wage is usually enough to take care of the woman when she needs to be taken care of.

What happens if you're attractive with no money?
I think a non decent woman would take her pick & find a rich bloke whilst a poor non decent attractive bloke would find an attractive woman.
I think looks are as important to a man as money is to a woman but having a long term partner based on these ideals would be shallow depending on the disparity.

My experience is my last 2 girlfriends were on 30% more money than me (I have a regular office job) & money was never an issue plus 1 girl was v-pretty with a great personality but she lost points for having a child.
 Jd_25
Msg: 80
How important is money?
Posted: 7/6/2009 12:38:54 PM
as long as she has enough money to keep hot water in her house, clean clothes, a bottle of shampoo and body wash.. it's all good!
 Sweet Sensations
Msg: 81
How important is money?
Posted: 7/6/2009 12:52:12 PM
^^^^That's so true ... I would respect anyone that is trying to rebuild their life on their own. It proves there is potential for growth and drive for self sufficiency.
 Catinka2008
Msg: 82
How important is money?
Posted: 7/6/2009 1:18:41 PM
Well. the gas and electric company think it's pretty important, and my mortgage holder thinks it's REALLY important LOL.
 Vannili
Msg: 83
view profile
History
How important is money?
Posted: 7/7/2009 8:38:30 AM

as long as she have enough money to keep hot water in her house, clean clothes, a bottle of shampoo and body wash..it's all good !

What about rent, electric, water,phone,car payment, food ??? It cost money to live ,so me say that money is important.

If a woman laying down on the street nekkid and farther on her side there is some cash 25,000.00 , I bet those men who said that money is not important will grab the cash and run instead of having sex with that woman... Sheesh, these hypocrite men!!!!!!!!!
 CookieLady66
Msg: 84
How important is money?
Posted: 7/7/2009 8:47:56 AM
Speaking as a single mom who has supported herself, her kids and nearly every dead-beat loser I'd ever dated...the financial security of anyone I date has to be secure!!! I'm not willing to get into debt yet again because some jerk is too lazy to get a job!
 professorL
Msg: 85
view profile
History
How important is money?
Posted: 7/7/2009 12:27:32 PM
After a certain age a man or woman should be somewhat financially responsible. Not necessarly rich,just handle money responsibly. But if one is not sincerely trying to get back on track,that can be a red flag for the future. It's not falling down financially it's getting back up.
 varinia
Msg: 86
How important is money?
Posted: 7/7/2009 12:43:33 PM
''what do you do?'

I had no idea that that questions is being perceived as being so loaded. I've asked it many times, but not because I'm trying to find out their financial situation, but because most people spend +40 hours per week doing their job and the choice of business says a lot about them. It also can create some very interesting food for conversation, possibly some common ground or experiences. I want to know whether they're doing something that they really love, possibly a dream that they realized, or whether it's just a job that pays the bill and that they hate. Something they fell into and then realized they liked it? Something they want to continue doing or do they have a dream that is in a different direction and that would rather follow?

To me it's a basic question to find about the other person
 tbuddha
Msg: 87
How important is money?
Posted: 7/7/2009 12:58:53 PM
^^^I agree. I think a man is defined by what he does. I've told female friends of mine that the first things they should know about a guy are what he does, and what his long and short term goals are. If the guy can't answer, that should be the last date.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 88
view profile
History
How important is money?
Posted: 7/7/2009 1:15:18 PM
How important is money? As important as people make it, or not.
 2Irish1
Msg: 89
How important is money?
Posted: 7/7/2009 1:19:41 PM
Hmmmm....I've been a financial planner for the past 22 years.....and now I'm thinking of turning into mr. mom....some things are more important than position or title.
 *~MisskriS~*
Msg: 90
view profile
History
How important is money?
Posted: 7/7/2009 1:28:35 PM
I would wait and see if going through a very rough time financially is a pattern for them or if really is a rough time financially. Going through a rough time time financially is understandable its when they show a pattern of going through "a very rough time financially" That would raise a red flag for me. Times are tough and there are all too many freeloaders walking around looking for a hand out these days.
 kpooks
Msg: 91
view profile
History
How important is money?
Posted: 7/7/2009 1:33:35 PM
It's not important that she's financially loaded, just that she's financially responsible, doesn't go on idiotic spending sprees using credit cards, and have other debt-related liabilities, which will become my liabilities.

But, these days, jobs are scarce, people are in dire straits, so I'm willing to offer a free place to stay (if we've hit it off in the sex and emotional department) or help out in some way if she's going through a rough time. Just doling out money tho is a big no-no.
 eastendwoman
Msg: 92
How important is money?
Posted: 7/7/2009 1:36:14 PM
Well I was married to a man who was totally irresponsible with money, so I would weigh his financial record in my decision date him exclusively. Sorry, but, I've been burned really bad and it is a serious subject.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 93
view profile
History
How important is money?
Posted: 7/7/2009 1:40:26 PM
The money I make is important to me. Beyond that, I could care less unless someone else threatens to cost me money.
 funksoulbrutha
Msg: 94
view profile
History
How important is money?
Posted: 7/7/2009 1:42:18 PM
Hookers find it to be a top priority.
 girlygirl555
Msg: 95
view profile
History
How important is money?
Posted: 7/8/2009 7:20:02 AM
Money is REALLY,REALLY,REALLY important.....I went to renew my mortgage and guess what...they would only accept money. Went to the grocery store...and here we go again...they wanted money!! Needed gas for my car....you guessed it MONEY!! In May I went to New York for a week, money....money....money...whoever says money isn't important is living in la la land!!!
 smellsealsthedeal
Msg: 96
How important is money?
Posted: 7/8/2009 7:42:28 AM
actually his integrity is important to me.. if he can't ah.. cough up... and says he is paying his way, my way .. later .. he better do it with .. interest and enthusiasm.. or money will breakah your lil leggah..
Money is nowhere near as important as brains.. brains make money... money is just the offshoot of great brains.. and skills is the .. gold mine of sexy.. oh yah... evolved people don't need money .. they can make it .. with or without money.. some will get this others don't.. if you don't you will need ... some good lipstick and a toned body and money.. cause yo'noodle can't go past schnoodle.. don't worry depth is only six inches beyond a nose job....
 cookie22222
Msg: 97
view profile
History
How important is money?
Posted: 7/8/2009 9:37:34 AM
When I met my deceased fiancee - he was sleeping on a friends couch, had no job, no car - and when he moved in he had a trash bag full of clothes. He pointed that out to me 6 months later and asked why on earth I'd given him the time of day...I laughed and laughed and said - it hadn't even occurred to me...

So - I guess money is not important at ALL to me.
 kazzmere
Msg: 98
How important is money?
Posted: 7/8/2009 1:10:51 PM
It's not totally important, it's only second to air.
 elaine666
Msg: 99
How important is money?
Posted: 7/8/2009 1:32:32 PM
it isnt ......it's as simple as that ....I dont have any and it wouldnt bother me in the least if the fella i was seeing had none either .........of course , to be sat in an expensive restaurant eating oysters would be nice , but so would skimming stones together by the river be equally as nice .........
 justwant2no
Msg: 100
How important is money?
Posted: 7/8/2009 1:43:53 PM

What does my head in is when the first question out of a womans mouth is 'what do you do?' ie i'll only date you if you have a good job & will take care of me.

Really? You equate 'What do you do?' with 'I'll only date you if you have a good job & will take care of me.' ? That is so cynical! Did it ever occur to you that when you first meet someone, general questions like 'What do you do?' are a primary way of starting conversation? Sheesh!
As for how important money is - I'd have to say, as with all things, it's relevant. My ex was unemployed for 2 years and expected me to not only pay all the bills, but support his 'habits' as well. He was content to watch our family sink further and further into debt - debt that was in MY name! That got old real quick!
My current SO lives a cash existance. He is self-admittedly not good with money, so he limits himself to what he makes. It works for him, and doesn't impact my finances whatsoever, so it's fine by me. I already have all the debt and credit I'll ever want or need, so 'scores' aren't important.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How important is money?