Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 photoman001
Msg: 30
Skinny jeans....yes or no?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
See now as a guy I like a bit of room in my jeans. A bit of freedom to let the 'tackle' as Hilly put it 'breath'.

I see the stretchy pants have increased in popularity AGAIN after fading for a while. Do women realise that if you're short and overweight that three quarter pants make you look SHORTER and MORE overweight. I'm guessing that many of these women I see wearing these either don't own a mirror and don't have friends. I mean I couldn't see a bloke going out that badly dressed bacause his mates would tell him right off!

A mate looking at some woman about this time last year commented "You know, they shouldn't make those stretchy pants in sizes bigger than a 14." I told him, they don't!
 Beachippy
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Skinny jeans....yes or no?
Posted: 7/11/2009 7:38:07 AM
Hilly, I'm sure you'd rather have a guy rocking up with some fashion sense... or an eye to what's the go now... game to try something "new"..etc..

than someone rocking up in baggy cords, a flanno, cardigan, and slippers....

though I could be wrong.... and forever hopeful...
 photoman001
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/11/2009 7:40:31 AM
It's an intellectual thing Suzie, a meeting of minds. You wouldn't get it ......

You're here because ???????
 Naamah
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/11/2009 7:43:51 AM

Oh I get it now.. there is a 'clique' of women on these forums.....
Geez its just like being back in high school again.. the group of girls who presume to be oh so better then everyone else.. and theres the group of guys that follow every word..

And YET.. those very girls and guy s are here now... still alone.. awwwwwwww so sad..
Nah, it's just a thread about jeans, and we're just playing around. You called people snooty because they happen to like different jeans than you...and then when they had a laugh about it you called them a clique. And now you're going on about people being alone and doing an awwww voice. It's a bit odd. There are better issues to get serious about than styles of jeans, surely.
 julianx
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/11/2009 7:47:29 AM
^^^Yes there most certainly are more interesting things to get serious about ...http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts12718948.aspx
 photoman001
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/11/2009 7:49:51 AM
No Naamah, her name is not Surely, it's Suzie! (Those Flying High movies were dumb, but very funny)

Hell.. gawd .. thankyou for pointing that out to me.. dumb lil me just dint understand ..

and you still don't. I saw the post you made on the WTF thread about people whinging about clothing. You obviously don't have a sense of humour. Is that why you want a guy with one? Good luck with that.

~luvUlongtime~
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/11/2009 7:54:20 AM
I never went to high school. And I'm alone coz I really am better than everyone else. I also believe that discussing jeans is very important intellectually, historically, economically, spiritually and fashionably.
 Naamah
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/11/2009 7:57:13 AM
^^^ Had I said I wouldn't associate with people who wear skinny jeans then I'd see where you were coming from. I merely said I didn't like the look. You embellished the significance of it all, and the rest of us tried to deflect with humour, which seemed to upset you more. I think you might be the only one who is hung up about any of it really.
 Naamah
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/11/2009 8:05:24 AM
^^^ Seems you arrived here with an agenda. Hope it goes well for you.
 photoman001
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/11/2009 8:16:53 AM
I feel sorry for sad, miserable people. Must be a biatch to go around all trying to find something to whine about, being negative the whole time. What a waste of time. Must be the plight of an 'artist'. I've known many during my life, mostly performers, and they draw on their misery for 'inspiration'. Then we are surprised that so many of them finish up dying in tragic circumstances and before their time.

Makes me kinda happy that the only thing I can draw are the curtains and I used to play the organ but my monkey ran away.
 ~luvUlongtime~
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/11/2009 8:22:09 AM
Yes... artists are a funny lot. But, if you were to wear skinny jeans more often you'd find yourself drawing on misery for inspiration too... and you might even find that you end up dying in a tragic loss-of-blood-supply circumstance.

Cool!
 bucky140
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/11/2009 8:28:55 AM
^^ Guess it wasn't humour Naamah...cos she doesn't have any.

I'm still a NO!!! for guys in skinny jeans...unless it's me of cos.But then my agenda could be to be display my package.Hmmmmm nope i don't have one of them.

Hate when a bit of fun thread gets taken seriously by people.Really have one thing to say to people like that...vote 1 to no!! to skinny jeans.

Peace with you all.

Damn you people are quick to repond.Going to have to improve my fast typing skills.
 Naamah
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/11/2009 8:35:34 AM
^^^ Stop it you three...got a brother who is an artist and he's always smiling and he's not allowed to have tragic accidents of any kind...although there is the consideration of the value of his work rising ...hmmm......

I think everyone should have a pair of skinny jeans in their medicine cabinet in case there is a need to apply a double leg tourniquet after a snake bite, or as replacement for plaster in the event of a broken leg. Fashion schmashion, these things are a first aid godsend.
 Beachippy
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2009 8:38:58 AM
what gets me is looking at new jeans... and find them pre worn and old looking... daggy and faded.... however new..... like some "hobo" lived in them, smeared paint in them.... the store recovered them from the bin.. washed and ironed them.... and put $100 on them on the rack....
huh?...

what happened to buying jeans that actually looked new?... that you wore in over time...

I'm missing something here....

so you can buy "been there" now?... off the rack... and not from an opp shop.....and spend a hundred or so..

sounds like fun.... . ... skinny legged or not...
 photoman001
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/11/2009 8:40:15 AM
I think I have that First Aid book Naamah.
BURNS:
Place patient into deep freezer, treat for frostbite (Page 17)

BLOOD NOSE:
Apply tourniquet around the neck for ten minutes. See Chapter 4 on "Choking"
 Faux Pa
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/11/2009 8:41:22 AM
Now hang on a minute . . you guys are straying off topic with your artistic soul searching and I still need more info. about these damn skinny jeans. I've just found out these jeans are a kind of 'cling on' type and tight right down to the ankle, yeah?

I really need to know if they wear these duds on Star Treck? . . and secondly, for a guy, would a cricketers . . ummm . . 'protector' be advisable or even desirable?
 julianx
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/11/2009 8:43:03 AM
I hear they are a good alternative for a boob job, if they are tight enough they'll force the fat in your @ss up to your chest....dunno what they do for a bloke...force his d!ck up to his head perhaps?
 bucky140
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/11/2009 8:44:07 AM
There you go...being all sensible.Phew!!! least i know why i keep my skinnies around...first aid...what a brillant excuse to have skinny jeans.

Memo to self...next time i go hiking,wear skinny jeans,there a first aid godsend.

See Suzi...problem solved.
 bucky140
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/11/2009 8:57:29 AM
Who me Fauk!!! no way...you know me,i always keep on topic

Oh Suzie...hang on,Photoman,what are you doing.couldn't help but have a peek...ummmmm.

Oh crap...i'm drunk...where were we.It's all Hilly honey's fault,she brings out the worst in me.

I'm still a no for guys in skinny jeans.............. 3
 greynomad43
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/11/2009 3:03:46 PM
When I go out dancin' I wear my 'ballroom' jeans,
cuts out the 'moose knuckle' look.
 possibilitarian
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/11/2009 3:18:21 PM
Seems like you lot have been up all night debating this very important issue!! nothing like passionate people committed to making a difference ... My observations count more in favor of 'men' NOT wearing skinnies ..... looks like you are winning so far Hilly .... However, I have observed that many of the males voting are all around the 40ish mark .... sooo I wonder what the younger guys (who aren't quite so set in their ways, fashion wise) might think .... Personally I think it is pretty brave and admirable of any man or woman to step out of their comfort zone in any area including "new" fashions ... But, I still vote NO to the men's skinnies.
 nevaagin
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/11/2009 3:58:06 PM
I go to bed and log on and you lot are frothing at the mouth about ********ing JEANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????? WTF ... oh , hell , after much deeeep thought , I agree with who ever it was said ''I always have a pair in my wardrobe ' [ or some such words ] and that's where they're staying . I don't like jeans that get caught in .. places on one's body . I'm a tights and long top person . Let em guess is my philosophy on this and other issues .
 Naamah
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/11/2009 6:02:09 PM
Seems like you lot have been up all night debating this very important issue!! nothing like passionate people committed to making a difference
In my naivety I would have voted this thread the 'least likely to result in flaming', but you live and learn.

I think this is a jeans advert... it will delight Hilly no end...but will also answer FauxPa's questions about skinny jeans methinks...
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/508308/moose_knuckle/

Also, saw this on the urban dictionary and it made me giggle...

Fukc dude, reunite your nuts. your pants are like the berlin wall of nutsacks. Tear down the wall! tear down the wall! tear down the wall!
 louisespencer
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/11/2009 6:21:22 PM
I think it all boils down to HOW skinny the jeans are for me.
 Prakticle
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/11/2009 10:01:51 PM
lol

http://www.getoutdoors.com/goblog/uploads/too-skinny-jeans.jpg
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >