Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 144
Skinny jeans....yes or no?Page 6 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
A thread that made it to 7 pages all about jeans.........................amazing

I will admit that until recently I had no idea what "skinny jeans" were. I saw a girl wearing some today and although she had great legs they did look really bad. Very unflattering.
 nevaagin
Msg: 145
Skinny jeans....yes or no?
Posted: 7/23/2009 1:01:29 AM
And women wore 'patches' on their faces .. rather like that idea .. and just you tell me WHY a woman in her right mind would wear a smelly layer cake dress when she could ASAP [as she did] wear skinny leggins or later skinny jeans . This thread is PROFOUND as it touches on the emergence of women as getting the idea of equality ! Oh you peacocks of men , our 'business' suits outdo your dull pin stripe any day ... the only poetic licence is in your choice of tie and I won't go into what THAT represents . Still it's great to be spouting poetry again [and I daresay , Byron was a model for Heathcliffe , and don't we love him [women I mean] > Read Wuthering Heights if you haven't and fall in love with that romantic **stard like Kathy did [immortalised in Kate Bush's song] . Do you wear a cravat with your skinny jeans Peter4444 or beachippy ?
 Beachippy
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2009 1:55:47 AM
my skinny jeans?.
I've never had the long skinny legs that they require...

though I'd defend anothers right to wear them,,, (hillys friend in the OP)...

I always saw skinny black jeans and suits and ties as city uniforms....night wear. dark wear... something to escape from.. not embrace...

we surfies wore anything and everything that wasn't "black" or new even..... the more colour and bagginess the better......
suits are particularly stupid wear I reckon..... in this climate up here...

...is a cravat like a canteen bandana?only silky.... I've always got a few of them around....
 Beachippy
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2009 2:00:29 AM
Byron??,, Sand... sticks, shrews and lambs..... not the NSW coastal Byron bay?.... with it's diminishing sand.... and eclectic crowd.... ?

cowabunga!!!!.... funny how they all go together,,,,
 PETER4444
Msg: 148
Posted: 7/23/2009 2:35:09 AM
nevaagin on 7/23/2009 7:01:29 PM

Hi nevaagin:

(Oh you peacocks of men , our 'business' suits outdo your dull pin stripe any day) ... (Still it's great to be spouting poetry again [and I daresay , Byron was a model for Heathcliffe , and don't we love him [women I mean] > Read Wuthering Heights if you haven't and fall in love with that romantic **stard like Kathy did [immortalised in Kate Bush's song] . Do you wear a cravat with your skinny jeans Peter4444 only poetic licence is in your choice of tie and I won't go into what THAT represents . )

You have place a dagger in my heart;comparing or even referring to Bront'e work
in the same breath...........................

A suit is a 'bag of fruit' without the proper cut and Hardy Amies is well cut;
the waisted separation of the torso centred around the waist and the silk tie
with contrasting handkerchief in the coat pocket.

As for cravats I assure you that David Niven will never pollute my wardrobe;
the image of a "crap"playboy coming to mind reminding me of the dress
mentality of a 'retarded ant".

I apologise for the strength of my comments but in truth
I will need time to recover from the trauma of this day..............s'long
but only for now!

So the struck eagle, stretch’d upon the plain,
No more through rolling clouds to soar again,
View’d his own feather on the fatal dart,
And wing’d the shaft that quiver’d in his heart.

(Lord Byron)
 aphrodite000
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2009 3:01:01 PM
I was in England in the early 60s and they called their jeans stovepipes, even suit pants were an anatomy class, they were called teddy boys because it was an Edwardian look, so yes, Byron is right up there as a fashion icon. BTW the hair style was called a ducks arSe and needed at least a gallon of oil
 soulmate08
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2009 4:18:55 PM

BTW the hair style was called a ducks arSe and needed at least a gallon of oil

I don't know what that is....
but its ''conjoured'''' up the scene in..'' there's something about mary'''
classic....
just a dab will do ya..
peace
 greynomad43
Msg: 151
Posted: 7/23/2009 8:17:31 PM
When I was a young oat sewin stud, we used to buy a pair
of trousers and get the tailor to 'peg' the legs. Which
involved narrowing the cuff to approximately half the
size, used to put grease on my heel's to make em easier to
slide on. 60's version of skinny jeans i guess. Pretty smik
with a pair of 707 Julius Marlow pointy toed shoes.
And the hair was combed into a dove tail at the back
with a James Dean curl at the front, Brylcream was the
hair lotion of choice at the time. Honestly it was Brylcream!
:172:
 aphrodite000
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2009 8:39:57 PM
Your dove tail was our ducks arSe or da for short, a rose by any other name :)
 GADZEE80
Msg: 153
Posted: 7/31/2009 6:26:51 AM
god no if ya wanna have no kids yeah for girls its cool kinda hot. but guys my god i rather flares and phatties i wanna b comfy not damaged goods
 Prakticle
Msg: 154
Posted: 7/31/2009 6:56:13 AM
went to cloudlands, all the bar staff.....skinny jeans???
 GADZEE80
Msg: 155
Posted: 7/31/2009 7:58:42 AM
yeah i went to lala land all i saw was phat pants
 PETER4444
Msg: 156
Posted: 7/31/2009 6:36:22 PM
gadzee80 on 8/1/2009 1251 AM

(god no if ya wanna have no kids)

But.....But......But...........What if your waist is very slim with skinny thighs and
your pants sit reasonably firm but not tight to the point of 'excruciating pain'
and you can move comfortably around without splitting your pants;there is 'stretch'
in the garment if it is a quality garment!Also there is retraction of the garment
if it has quality behind it and thus creases are not visible!

The fact is that it sits well on SOME and with the appropriate shirt and
matching jacket it is sensational!!!!!!!!!!

SKINNYS ALSO EXCELLED IN THE SWIMMING........SOME 27 RECORDS!
 GADZEE80
Msg: 157
Posted: 7/31/2009 8:43:29 PM
yeah i was going to say i went to the athletics skinny jeans.
jeans dont break records people do doesnt that sound like tony robbins.
Why are pants like a code, why do we need to associate pants with some kinda group of the time. I saw these tights jeans 4 girls in a sportgirl window i think, they were really tight but heavily ripped hip to ankle and stonewashed they just looked stupid. fashion can be bad sometimes. its like buying a pair of tarten punk pants with the safety pins attached. The original idea was probably a mistake that was seen as coool and hip.
I got an idea of a line of jeans that are styled with ripps and stains from peoples jobs. like the mechanic: oil stained they stink like i dunno u dont wanna know no 1 does. baggy worn with no belt to show the arse crack and food stains like tomato/pie sauce and wat have ya. um the farmer: dirt stains grass muudd maybe straw sewn into the rough weave. just think they havnt even started yet.

wat about those lazer burnt jeans mo mo. lazers, wat next space pants bleched by the pure sun, ripped by particles traveling across the universe at the speed of light, to make a microscopic stylin tear.

but tight jeans legends bon scott, zepplin, morrison god morrison we know why he died. all these guys wore super tight pants and how many have kids or are living.
 BiggShoulders
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 5:22:32 PM

No Posting of any Images

Read the Posted Rules

Posting Guidelines
Acceptable Use and Posting Rules
Terms of Service/User Agreement.

Acceptable HTML Codes Allowed in Forum Postings

PETER4444
Msg: 159
Posted: 8/1/2009 5:53:59 PM
BiggShoulders on 8/2/2009 1132 AM
(she had great legs they did look really bad. Very unflattering. )

Let's be really frank here;This is one cool way of wearing skinny jeans and exactly
WHAT IS UNFLATTERING about the models used?Add combinations that match
the upper body with attendance to a shapely body figure and you will turn eyes!

Personally speaking (of course!)the attraction is sensational!Don't see undeveloped hips in these models........................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wear them myself often and love 'em!With more prominent creases between hips and knees!
 BiggShoulders
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 6:17:09 PM
Peter4444, I never said anything about 'unflattering', that was me quoting spicynicegirl's comment, in particular to what skinny jeans looked like and so I then posted a pic.

Anyways, almost anything can look 'hot' when you put it on the packaged 'ideal' models; I even remember a time when tracksuit pants, ugg boots and flannel shirts were trendy (seperately, not all at the same time !)
 Prakticle
Msg: 161
Posted: 8/1/2009 6:27:04 PM
tracksuit pants, ugg boots and flannel shirts were trendy

Still are in most working class shopping malls...lol
 PETER4444
Msg: 162
Posted: 8/1/2009 6:36:27 PM
BiggShoulders on 8/2/2009 1209 PM

BiggShoulders:

Sorry!Thought it was your personal opinion........
spicynicegirl's comment perhaps (wistfully!) laments the passing of the years......and a body shape unlike that of the models.

But from a Man's point of view you thus agree they are 'hot' or 'cool or whatever.............if you get my drift..........

Man.........Skinny's for ever!

'Eat your heart' out hilly!Told ya!ha ha they ARE COOL;NO,I MEAN HOT,NO I MEAN..........YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN........

(fau pas has been 'deafeningly' silent........and after ALL that research he did..........)
 PETER4444
Msg: 163
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:18:26 PM
Prakticle on 8/2/2009 1204 PM ( tracksuit pants, ugg boots and flannel shirts were trendy )(Still are in most working class shopping malls...lol)

Formless, shapeless and bland ;depicts (unconsciously)the sad state of disrepair
that we may inflict on our psyche' if we allow our mood to coalesce with our class
structure...........find such clothing sad.......except for gardening;each to their own.....
 missfee1
Msg: 164
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:44:26 PM
I love my skinny jeans ...........so what if I turn 50 in March............they suit my body - they are comfortable and my bum looks good in them...........
 PETER4444
Msg: 165
Posted: 8/2/2009 10:18:03 PM
missfee1 on 8/2/2009 326 PM

It has been sooooooooooooooo lonely on this thread up 'till now!

I mean,Skinny's are cool!And a few 'torn' patches adds to the zaa zaa zoo!
 GemKitten
Msg: 166
Posted: 8/3/2009 8:52:25 PM
no no no no no no no! skinny jeans look awful! whose idea was this? someone smack em a bit. if i went on a date and the guy rocked up wearin skinny jeans i would laugh in his face and leave. if my mates turned up wearing them i would laugh at them for the intire night. or i might even ask them to go home and get changed lol! honestly just NO!
 nevaagin
Msg: 167
Posted: 8/4/2009 1:14:50 AM
Skinny tights are OK tho' aren't they ... ??? Shakespeare decked Hamlet out in skinny tights , so they are classically politically correct . Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it .
 PETER4444
Msg: 168
Posted: 8/4/2009 1:25:15 AM
GemKitten on 8/4/2009 225 PM

OKAY!OKAY!OKAY!OKAY!OKAY!You have made your point;put your foot down
with a 'firm hand'!But do you have to repeat the 'no'bit so many times?
you have no IDEA how bravely I have attempted to inculcate good taste
here and you have spoilt it all!You You You party pooper!

I wore my skinnies (with creased crotch to waist) today and I am going to do so
because They provide enrapture and class!You may laugh and laugh but I will,Iwill,I will,Iwill!

Honestly I will!Yes!
PS:lOOK AT THE IMAGES ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE!THEY ARE COOL!

By Heaven! it is a splendid sight to see
For one who hath no friend, no brother there.
(Byron)
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >