Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Best Pro Wrestler of all time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paparazzi Puncher
Msg: 201
Best Pro Wrestler of all timePage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Best Character and intensity= Steve Austin

Best Heart = Mick Foley

Best Wrestler = 3 way tie....bret hart,chris benoit,chris jerico

Best Gimmick and Icon = Hulk Hogan

Senor Spode
Msg: 202
Best Pro Wrestler of all time
Posted: 9/6/2006 10:37:57 PM
The travesty is that unlike most sports, the history is almost non-existent pre-80's. Most people don't know that there was ever a Strangler Lewis, Frank Gotch, Killer Kowalski, Edourd Carpentier, or Argentina Rocca. These were very 'powerful' men who more than likely would match with any of todays stars. McMahon completely ignores the fact that wrestling existed prior to the Hulkamania/Rock'n'Wrestling/Wrestlemania era. Fortunately videos and DVD's exist that bring back some of the classic era, but because of 'TM' rights, McMahon won't allow any of the old WWWF footage to be sold. And unfortunately, he pretends it never extisted.
 drtywhtboy
Msg: 203
Posted: 9/7/2006 7:23:59 AM
fact is senor, those guys you mentioned and some you haven't would kick these "modern" guys asses from here to tuesday.
 Senor Spode
Msg: 204
Posted: 9/7/2006 8:36:35 AM
Yes dwb, you're right! I was being a bit diplomatic. You've hit the nail on the head!
 Stand alone
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2006 12:14:00 AM
The Best Pro Wrestler? Man, that's a tough one to call. If you're draw and charisma, Hulk Hogan and Rick Flair. Tough SOBs? definitely Terry Funk and Mick Foley. Originals? Gorgeous George and Great Gama. Technicals? Bret Hart, Dean Malenko, and Stu Hart. Heels? The Sheik and Triple H. Ladies? Great Moolah and Malia Hosaka.

It's all about what you think makes a great wrestler.
 tballin
Msg: 206
Posted: 9/8/2006 7:57:17 AM
for me, it has to be the believability of the performer. Whether you buy the fact of that is who they are. If you cheer for the stupidest thing they do even tho u know it had no offencive value. (the worm, peoples elbow). It is all about how you percieve it.

My favorite are/were: The hurricane, mick foley, christian, edge, chris jericho, disco inferno, and buff bagwell. for me jericho and disco made wcw watchable for the whole nwo travesty.
I also have to give hbk and HHH mention as well, the early dx stuff was priceless.
 Piranha
Msg: 207
Posted: 9/8/2006 10:13:59 AM
I have to agree about the old NWA/AWA. I started to watch them heavily after the WWE (WWF at the time) came out and admitted their bouts were all set up as a act.

My favorite wrestler had to been Lex Lugar (didn't take c*ap from anyone)!

I'm not too much into the wrestling anymore though.
 smoothburner
Msg: 208
Posted: 9/8/2006 2:39:41 PM
triple H, HBK, British Bulldog, Paul Orndorff or Benoit
 NameOfUser
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2006 6:37:26 PM
I think one of the funniest things i've ever seen was an original quake 1 screenshot where the player in question set his name to "Owen Heart"

He then jumped off a building with low health and hit the ground.

The death message in console then read:

"owen heart fell to his death"

Too funny =)

Derek
 Ezzee
Msg: 210
Posted: 9/8/2006 7:25:37 PM
That's just pathetic.
 steveinnh
Msg: 211
Posted: 9/9/2006 4:51:32 AM
Hey,
I agree with you on one point. Flair, in his day was an awesome wrestler, but in this day and age, even though he's semi retired, Steve Austin is the best ever. His in ring skills are great, his persona is awesome and his mic skills are unparalled, cept fro maybe the Rock. I could say the Rock was the best, but he only had ONE move. Austin had many more and In my opinion could wrestle, fight, and entertain all at the same time....so my vote would be for Stone Cold Steve Austin.....WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

I have nt gotten the Flair book yet, but I have heard great things about it.

Steve
 vrb1955
Msg: 212
Posted: 9/10/2006 6:06:30 AM
A Wrestling thread and I didn't know about it !!!! (Thud)

Best Technical Wrestler Hands Down

Chris Beniot

Second Runner -up

The Undertaker
Kurt Angle

Wrestler with Heart

Mick Foley
Ric Flair
Steve Austin
Hulk Hogan

Most Welcome Come Back

DX

Best Reason For Me To Be On Blood Pressure Medicine

John Cena

Randy Orton

Most Missed

Eddie Guerrero
 Trafftech
Msg: 213
Posted: 12/3/2006 5:50:39 AM
You want to talk legends. How about Verne Gagne, Bruno Sammartino, Buddy Rodgers, thats how far back i go. Thats wrestling baby.
 rde62
Msg: 214
Posted: 12/3/2006 6:42:44 AM
Growing up in Knoxville in the late '60s and early '70s, I got to see many big names along with the local stars. You couln't help but get hooked on wrestling back then. Faces such as Ron and Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, Bob Armstong, and Ricky Gibson. The most memorable ones,though, were the heels: Don Carson,Great Mephisto, Von Steiger brothers, Bob Roop,and Bob Orton,Jr. By far, the two MOST memorable ones had to be Ron Wright(billed as the "King of Kinsport") and the one,the only,the original Mongolian Stomper. I remember going to see them all many times while growing up. Nothing against today's wrestling,but everyone has their favorite periods of enjoyment,and mine was the wrestling I grew up on.
 jp666420
Msg: 215
Posted: 12/4/2006 8:11:59 PM
Bastion Booger hands down greates ever no matter what anyone says
 88Styles
Msg: 216
Posted: 12/4/2006 11:36:57 PM
Forget that....The Goon. Greatest. Gimick. Evar.
 Abalisha
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2006 12:44:19 AM
Piper.....

now i would have to say angle
 questluv
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2006 4:00:02 AM
Bret Hart, he had charisma, talent and class.
 jo~
Msg: 219
Posted: 12/18/2006 2:53:21 AM
BEST Tag Team of the 1960's and 70's era...........

My Daddy of course!!!!!! THE LOVE BROTHER'S!!!!!!!!

What other tag team do you know of................. would get into the ring and when it was time for one of them to tag the other............. they would turn their backs on each other!!?????Hahahahaha

Now that was BAD!!!!!They had alot of charisma and knew their game.......

Male fans wanted to either be like them or hurt them while the female fans wanted to bed them!!!!!!

Those were the days when a wrestler got into the ring and actually had to wrestle for at least 30 minutes!!!!!
 Bored2hell
Msg: 220
Posted: 12/18/2006 9:34:01 AM
Admittingly never a big wrestling fan, however my mom was and had invited most to our home after their matches for coffee (ya back in the day people actually made coffee at home)
Aundrey "The Giant" a great guy
Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka & his dad
Rowdy Roddy Piper
 CheapFatBastard
Msg: 221
Posted: 1/4/2007 11:32:43 AM
Jake the Snake Roberts was my Fave! No one delivered a Promo like that guy. When WWE was in GA and they brought him out with Randy Orton, That was awesome. He looked terrible, but it was great to see the Crowd still lovin' him.

Undertaker is another guy I loved. Jake & Taker often blurred the lines between Good & Evil back then when everything was so "Black & White".

Bret Hart is another guy I really admire. WCW really dropped the ball with Bret.

Re: Senor Spode
I have to agree, Its sad to see these one time greats fall into Obscurity. Watching the Dusty Rhodes DVD goes to show no matter how Huge you "Were" they all fall by the wayside eventually. So Many Wrestlers that were as Big as Hogan or as Big as The Rock or Triple H have been reduced to meerly a footnote.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Best Pro Wrestler of all time