Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I am getting tired of meeting women with low self-esteem!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Navygirl1x
Msg: 101
I am getting tired of meeting women with low self-esteem!!!Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I totally agree with you about men wanting us to look like barbie dolls. Maybe we should only guys that look like the Ken barbie doll.
 kiev95
Msg: 102
I am getting tired of meeting women with low self-esteem!!!
Posted: 1/23/2010 4:56:52 PM
how do you feel if you current girlfriend would show a picture of her ex who was a total stud? would it make you feel good? why don't you stop showing pictures of pretty exes to current girlfriends and you will avoid the situation.
 sweetness-one
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2010 5:19:28 PM

so why do girls always have to ruin things with their low self esteem??

Not all women are that way, OP. Lack of ego has never been a problem for me, whether deserved or not.

Seriously, though, if most or every woman you are dating seems to have this 'problem'? Then I'm wondering what it is that you're communicating to them, that has them feeling that self-conscious. Showing pictures of an ex...what were you thinking??

Hard to say what was bothering this woman, exactly. For all you know, perhaps she was completely misrepresenting herself and her appearance during your online communications, and was just using the 'self-esteem' thing to pre-warn you for when you met her. Did you ever go meet her in the end?
 curlytop2
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2010 5:49:03 PM
Assuming that you have only chatted onlin and on aim...you haven't seen her except her photo. So many men on POF complain that women don't look as good as their photos. She may have had bad experiences in the past where some jerk met her in person and insulted her. We all take chances when we meet someone in person we've been chatting with online...she doesn't want to risk a replay.

Why does it ruin it for you when she asks for reassurance? Just let her know you want to meet her because she seems like an interesting person first. In the end, you may not be HER type.
 voshie
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/23/2010 9:28:14 PM
OP...you need to learn the lingo..and its not gender specific..

her decline of any future meeting wasnt about self esteem...jeesh...its was a very polite way of saying she didnt think you and she were a mesh. ..she said it that way instead of taking parting shots at you about how you share your ex's pics and information and your juvenile use of the word "hangout"...yeah thats right..a grown man using the word "hangout" for anything reeks of someone who has some emotional growth to do..a grown woman is gonna see that forwhat it means as it relates to "dating"..its means nsa sex...that woman didnt have esteem issues at all..she used her brains to steer clear of a disaster zone...as i would have...as she prolly realized over chatting tones that you werent looking for anything serious...
 cmdrfunk
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2010 10:00:32 PM

I totally agree with you about men wanting us to look like barbie dolls

No, we don't, and there are even studies that demonstrate this. It's more in women's head that men want them to be anywhere near as thin as is said.

Stop reading magazines written by women and gay men who haven't a clue what men consider sexy.

Just don't be fat and get some muscle. It's not hard. Most of you just choose not to do it. Nobody says be impossibly skinny or of unrealistic proportions (barbie)
 Arabianangel
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/23/2010 10:10:35 PM

Stop reading magazines written by women and gay men who haven't a clue what men consider sexy.

I totally agree with this. Look at the catwalk models for instance most look like skinny boys body's exactly what the gay designers want.
 Island home
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2010 10:18:10 PM

Look at the catwalk models for instance most look like skinny boys body's exactly what the gay designers want.

Thank you Arabianangel
You have just explained one of the mysteries of life to me
 Revisitit
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/23/2010 10:34:30 PM

I totally agree with this. Look at the catwalk models for instance most look like skinny boys body's exactly what the gay designers want.

Ya. They're pretty but they don't really get me going. Lacking another example, you are a lot more my type. I feel safe saying that since you have to assume I'm not asking for a date. You're in freaking Australia;-)
 mjones4iv
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2010 2:09:39 AM
yep...never answer questions about the ex or avoid them with "Hey...I really would like to put that period of my life behind me and not dredge up the past. She is in the past and that's where she belongs and I really just want to focus on us right now."
The ex questions will have to be answered eventually but they can wait until later when you two are more comfortable with each other
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 111
Posted: 1/24/2010 3:22:56 AM

Could it have been her way of politely saying that you are not her type? or she changed her mind because you have pictures of your ex and could possibly be still hung up on her? I don't get in the statement that you posted anywhere that would indicate her having low self-esteem.

Well the questions she asked about his ex tend to indicate SOMETHING.

she was asking all these questions about my ex, like how old was she, how tall, etc etc.

so i showed her some pics of my ex, who is a very petite girl.

Not something I would do or be interested in seeing.

What has your ex being short have to do with this woman?

The fact you indulged her says SOMETHING also.
 barbee1970
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2010 3:26:56 AM
Because men make us that way!! Everywhere we look men want the hot bods and the Barbie doll image!
 scorpiomover
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2010 3:36:28 AM
If you date, not everyone will be your cup of tea. You're bound to meet some women with low self-esteem. If there are a lot of women with low self-esteem, that's an indictment of our society. Mind you, with the massive amounts of complaints that so many women have, it's obvious to me that there are just as many men with low self-esteem. So I don't think it's a problem of society not caring enough about women, but about society not caring enough about all types of people, men just as much as women.
 Navygirl1x
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/24/2010 8:47:14 AM
quote: No, we don't, and there are even studies that demonstrate this. It's more in women's head that men want them to be anywhere near as thin as is said.

Just don't be fat and get some muscle. It's not hard. Most of you just choose not to do it. Nobody says be impossibly skinny or of unrealistic proportions (barbie)
quote:

Well, I do workout and have muslce and guess what the guys I meet say I am too fat. So don't tell me these guys don't want barbie doll gals. I have lived here for 14 years and every single man I met is looking for a barbie doll type of gal. I don't give a frack what studies say, I am going from my own personal experience . Men in my age category are looking for that even though they are extremely overweight.
 walking the pooch
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/24/2010 9:11:25 AM
Actually the lower the self esteem the easier to nail! Don't complain. Use it to your advantage.
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/24/2010 9:13:56 AM
^^^ That's what I call advice!
 carolann0308
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2010 9:16:11 AM
Showing a woman pictures of your Ex is a huge turn off. It may have had more to do with her feeling that she would be constantly compared to the Ex, than her own self esteem.
 Pondering the Circle.....
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/24/2010 9:25:34 AM

Everywhere we look men want the hot bods and the Barbie doll image!

If what you say here were true...ONLY 'hot bod' and 'Barbie doll image' women would have partners.

Because men make us that way!!

Men make you a certain way? This sounds more like low self esteem than what the OP was dealing with.
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/24/2010 9:31:20 AM

I totally agree with you about men wanting us to look like barbie dolls.

Complete BS...walk through a grocery store, visit a library, go to a school function, look around at a mall, attend an Air Force Academy graduation ceremony...there's too much evidence to dispute this claim by seeing 'actual' couples in 'real' life. There's just as many non-Ken guys with Barbies as there are non-Barbie gals with Kens and all various types of couples in between.
 Navygirl1x
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/24/2010 11:16:21 AM

Complete BS...walk through a grocery store, visit a library, go to a school function, look around at a mall, attend an Air Force Academy graduation ceremony...there's too much evidence to dispute this claim by seeing 'actual' couples in 'real' life. There's just as many non-Ken guys with Barbies as there are non-Barbie gals with Kens and all various types of couples in between.

Maybe where you live but not here in oil company. Men with money want only younger slim models and hell even men without money want the same. Its the mentality. I am not overweight according to my doctor but men think in nonetheless. Its a fact that women have to be thin and men can be anyway they want. This has been our society and it may take another 50 years to think otherwise. I have traveled all over the world and found this to be true. Not fair but who said life is fair.
 Navygirl1x
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/24/2010 11:28:12 AM
quote Complete BS...walk through a grocery store, visit a library, go to a school function, look around at a mall, attend an Air Force Academy graduation ceremony...there's too much evidence to dispute this claim by seeing 'actual' couples in 'real' life. There's just as many non-Ken guys with Barbies as there are non-Barbie gals with Kens and all various types of couples in between. quote

Lets try my response again. I messed up with this damn quote thing. Maybe where you live but not here in oil country. Men with money want only younger slim models and hell even men without money want the same. Its the mentality. I am not overweight according to my doctor but men think in nonetheless. Its a fact that women have to be thin and men can be anyway they want. This has been our society and it may take another 50 years to think otherwise. I have traveled all over the world and found this to be true. Not fair but who said life is fair.
 karma1160
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/24/2010 11:48:21 AM
In your profile you are very clear about what you want in a women. for instance you want people to know that you desire to have a woman who needs you not one who doesn't, you are not really looking for a ubber feminist. These two thinks could lead to assumptions that you want to be with someone more passive.
I am not critisizing you for your needs and wants, but if a woman has a nature that is more feministic and independent she may decide that you two are not compatible.
That's okay, there are all kinds of people in this world.
If someone tells you that you are not compatible, believe them!
Keep fishing
 Fifi47
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/24/2010 12:27:43 PM
^^^ So you would date a fat woman who had a great, positive upbeat personality and who excercised and was average looking? Online no real personalities are seen until one communicates with another person after initial contact, so saying that a large woman spews sludge for words is a bit presumtuous until you have proof of said spewing.
 Navygirl1x
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/24/2010 2:38:32 PM
No this is not in my head, the men actually say this to me. As you don't live here, you really have no idea. Maybe its different where you live but this is fact whether you choose to beleive it or not I really don't give a damn. I am dealing with guys going through their mid life crisis so of course they want a younger woman. I say to each his own.
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/24/2010 2:44:45 PM

No this is not in my head, the men actually say this to me. As you don't live here, you really have no idea. Maybe its different where you live but this is fact whether you choose to beleive it or not I really don't give a damn.

Sounds like you're lumping all men into one group, that's a YOU problem not a MEN problem.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I am getting tired of meeting women with low self-esteem!!!