Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DefinitivR
Msg: 26
Do women cook anymore??Page 2 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
Dude theyve got tits and arse but thats where the femininity stops these days.

The good old days you could slap a **** for less.
 sweetest
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:21:39 AM
I cook. Self-taught at age 12 or so out of necessity. My mom hated cooking. My dad encouraged my early interest and it grew in enjoyment as I became more competent. While I still cook, though for not so many of us anymore, the emphasis has changed and is more about being able to know and control what goes into my body. I miss cooking for someone special. It would be great to meet a match for the long haul that shares this similar focus on healthy eating who has an interest in learning if not some outright outrageous talent in the kitchen.
 jakeya99
Msg: 28
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:39:47 AM
This makes me mental too!!! I thought it was me.

To me that says one or more of the following:

A. They equate not cooking with being "modern" or "liberated".
B. They are dumb/Lazy.
C. They cannot read. All it takes is the ability to read and a cook book.

I would one time like to say to a woman "I can't take out the garbage, I just cannot grip the plastic" or "I can't mow the lawn... I just cannot go in straight lines, I ruin everything"!

See how that goes for me.

Men do men things, women do women things. Somewhere it became un-womanly to cook well.
 wolftxus
Msg: 29
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:51:29 AM
OP: While your reasoning is more sexist than traditional, I would second that fewer women know how to cook these days. And those who do likely learned it before women stormed the workforce. I told my former stepdaughter who learned from her grandma that she will have an advantage later on in the dating world. Why somebody would advise against learning it is beyond me...
 ItsMargo
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:51:35 AM
I cooked because we needed to eat; I could never get it as creative self expression tho' and I always got a little panicky about getting everything to time-out correctly. ESPECIALLY those first few meals I cooked for my sweetie - I got completely stressed out and thoroughly distracted by his presence and totally screwed up things I would normally have cooked just fine. My sweetie knew how to cook and, like many men, really discovered the joy of cooking after his divorce. I thought one of the advantages in having him move in was I would be well fed... yeah right, didn't think that one through cuz with his work schedule, I'm still cooking. LOL.

My 16 year old daughter is - for some absolutely inexplicable reason - a foodie. She thinks about food; what makes a dish wow or so-so, how it is plated, how it photographs, and, as she is a jock, she's recently become very interested in nutrition. The two of them have had many conversations about food - they've kind of bonded in the kitchen - and I've, well, I've been dragged along into it. I've become interested in spite of myself.... or maybe it's just cuz the dinner table critiques are inspiring. We all tease without mercy and congratulate each other when our efforts work out well. At any rate, cooking has become fun for me and consequently I'm getting much better at it.
 Bablynbrook
Msg: 31
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:58:16 AM
You know what I really love? I love it when I am in the kitchen with my man and we make dinner together. There is something about experimenting and creating something delicious over a glass of wine that is a real aphrodisiac.
 ladylookingagain
Msg: 32
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:59:23 AM
This forum makes me laugh. It just goes to show you how different people are; some men are still stuck in the early 20th century mentality while some have moved forward and changed with the times.

In today's time, my guess would be that almost all of the males and females in a relationship are out working in the job force so why should it be the sole responsibility of the female to prepare all the meals? I work 40 hours a week, have two teenagers and an Alzheimer's ridden mother that I have to care for. I put a hot meal on the table every single night with the exception of a dinner out maybe once every few weeks or so. So, yes, I cook. With it being summertime, I expect my two teens who are sitting at home doing nothing to cook dinner or at least have it started by the time I get there. Anybody who sits around waiting to be served like some member of royalty will starve at my house.

For the OP; if you want to have a job where you provide for all of our financial needs and I can sit at home on my a** then I'll cook you a gourmet freaking meal every single night and serve it with a smile.
 Sacharissa
Msg: 33
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:02:46 AM
I can cook; I’m a damn good cook. I cook every day and cook most meals from scratch. I can also build the table myself, and have done, thank you very much. You want a ham sandwich? Make it yourself…
Msg: 34
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:11:10 AM
Knowing how to cook is a basic survival skill and why you wouldn't teach a son or daughter how to is a bit silly. I have heard some women proudly proclaim they don't cook , almost as if they are proclaiming they are high maintenance/lazy but that may be my own personal spin on it since I love to cook whether on my own or with someone.
 lovemesomemen
Msg: 35
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:12:21 AM
I can cook. I can also assemble the table I bought at ikea. So get yourself out of my kitchen and go some place else

[quote0I can't take out the garbage, I just cannot grip the plastic" or "I can't mow the lawn... I just cannot go in straight lines, I ruin everything

Yeah....I also take out the trash and mow my own lawn.

What exactly is it I need a man to do? Oh....nothing.
 sweetest
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:13:01 AM

You know what I really love? I love it when I am in the kitchen with my man and we make dinner together. There is something about experimenting and creating something delicious over a glass of wine that is a real aphrodisiac.

^^^I'm with ya on this. Cooking can be very sensual...well, when it involves something more than a ham sammich anyway ;)
 Bikeman_
Msg: 37
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:15:54 AM

Who would cook for someone who buys their furniture from Ikea?
A Swedish girl?

it bothers me when I see women almost proudly proclaiming that they can't cook like its a good thing.
I sort of agree; it's like a guy bragging that he never cleans his toilet. This is an unfortunate result of the "I am woman hear me ROAR" women's lib bullshit that some insecure women embrace.

Personally, I don't really care if my lady can cook or proudly proclaims something like this; I can cook pretty well for myself and don't need nor require my romantic partner to possess those skills.
 hollyfilly
Msg: 38
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:18:08 AM
Dear OP,

I would rather go out to eat. It is just easier, but I can grill a great steak and fix a baked potatoe and a fine garden salad to go with it. I also do not like leftovers so that goes along with cooking huge meals for a family. But yes, I know how to cook I would just rather be doing something else.
 Nina1000
Msg: 39
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:18:50 AM
Only when they are inspired.
 PrimeWoman
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:26:08 AM
By the time my son was 12, his father and I had taught him how to cook simple dishes and how to launder his clothes. He was taught, later, how to shop, balance a checkbook and other household management skills. Good things to be self-sufficient and bring to a relationship in my mind. How to work out the division of labor was modeled behavior. We all contribute to the smooth running of a household as members of it.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:26:37 AM

I sort of agree; it's like a guy bragging that he never cleans his toilet.
Actually it might be more like the guy bragging that he doesn't do any of that traditional male stuff men used to do way back in the 1950's, like earn a living.
 pirateheaven
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:34:54 AM

To me that says one or more of the following:

A. They equate not cooking with being "modern" or "liberated".
B. They are dumb/Lazy.
C. They cannot read. All it takes is the ability to read and a cook book.

AMEN. Fortunately I can cook. Now all I have to do is to find a gal who can rebuild an engine and I'll make her meals while she is cranking those wrenches.
 eschec mat
Msg: 43
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:51:34 AM
Hmmm my bf is butcher and can cook. Gordon Ramsay is a cook/chef. Ummm don't get your point. Many men cook very well. There is no sexual gene that makes one sex better than the other. My daughter is learning, did tacos for lunch today. My older son does a great job at cooking. You want to eat? Learn how to cook and sandwiches aren't cooked, so what is your lazy azz excuse?
 chameleonf
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:53:36 AM

Now all I have to do is to find a gal who can rebuild an engine and I'll make her meals while she is cranking those wrenches.

Snickers. You make it sound as though the majority of men know what they're doing around vehicles and tools - soooooo not true, even with men my age. The last time my daughter took her vehicle in for a repair, it was a woman at the shop who did the work. Apparently, a lot of male only abilities have gone the way of the women's lack of interest in cooking. A lot of these different "gender" things were done out of necessity or because of interest or "expected" interest because of gender, as well as a sheeple attitude. Now, if you're not interested and if you have the money to pay someone to do that which you neither have the interest or experience, that's what you do. I so hate "gender roles". There's a lot to be said for being self-sufficient, no matter your gender and no matter the task.
 pirateheaven
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:06:24 PM

Snickers. You make it sound as though the majority of men know what they're doing around vehicles and tools - soooooo not true, even with men my age. The last time my daughter took her vehicle in for a repair, it was a woman at the shop who did the work. Apparently, a lot of male only abilities have gone the way of the women's lack of interest in cooking. A lot of these different "gender" things were done out of necessity or because of interest or "expected" interest because of gender, as well as a sheeple attitude. Now, if you're not interested and if you have the money to pay someone to do that which you neither have the interest or experience, that's what you do. I so hate "gender roles". There's a lot to be said for being self-sufficient, no matter your gender and no matter the task.

I can cook and rebuild an engine so I am one of those self sufficient people you speak of.
Women don't cook today because they think it is beneath them. They feed their kids fast food and they are getting diabetes! Way to go moms, you showed us!

If a woman doesn't cook in the kitchen, she probably doesn't cook anywhere else either.
 sashimiboy
Msg: 46
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:22:59 PM
Im glad to see im not alone on this topic. Its not so much women don't know how to cook, its the fact that they refuse to learn for whatever reasons. Sure men are good cooks as well, but we can't do everything around the house.

Who do you call when you can't reach something in the cupboard? Need the lawn mowed? Car leaking oil? Plumbing? TV/Entertainment hookups? Cant open that jar of pasta sauce? Need help lifting a heavy box?

On top of that you want us to cook, clean, AND do laundry while you sit on your ass and eat bon bons and watch oprah and the view. That's not sharing responsibilities in my book.
 Foozhan
Msg: 47
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:25:50 PM
How about I assemble the table and eat the sandwich and while you're washing my sucks.. :)
 sweetness-one
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:27:32 PM

On top of that you want us to cook, clean, AND do laundry while you sit on your ass and eat bon bons and watch oprah and the view. That's not sharing responsibilities in my book.

Who you been dating, OP, Peg Bundy?!

I do agree with you though, fewer and fewer women (people, actually, not just women) are cooking at home these days, for whatever reason. Frankly, I couldn't afford to eat out every (or most) nights, so I've always cooked dinner each night ever since I moved out of my parents' house 19 years ago.

I'd say probably 3/4 of my female friends, though, can cook, and most are very good at it.
 hwsoa
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:28:44 PM
Hell I can cook & don't mind & I'll even do dishes.....What I want is a woman who can do my laundry......Any takers????...
 justwant2no
Msg: 50
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:28:55 PM
I believe anyone who eats, should cook - at least sometimes! And anyone who claims different is not being entirely honest.
I also believe in a division of labor, or sorts. We all have our fortes - I happen to be a great cook. My SO likes to do yardwork - as long as nobody feels opresses, it's all good!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??