Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HotCocoa87
Msg: 51
Do women cook anymore??Page 3 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
This thread is awfully general. But I agree with the fact that women and men are not equal. We women have known from the very beginning that men are beneath us and have said nothing - for the most part anyways. It's amusing when you guys sit around, ho-humming, talking of your superiority. LOL
 Touchdown Bundy
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:29:54 PM
My last gf claims she new how to cook, I probably made dinner for us at least a dozen times, she never did once. She did occasionally wash the dishes which I definitely appreciated. Of course, I always took out the trash, all the "fixing" around the house, etc.

I agree that there should be shared responsibilities, so why should I be the only one to cook? Do I want a woman who knows how to cook? Absolutely. Is that sexist? If the roles were reversed, and I expected my gf to cook, do my laundry, etc. I can assume that I would be crucified like the OP, but when a guy asks for it, it's caveman-like behavior?
 theforumfiend
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:34:27 PM
I'll cook if you do the dishes.
 eschec mat
Msg: 54
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:37:57 PM

They feed their kids fast food and they are getting diabetes! Way to go moms, you showed us!
This isn't the parents' thread. Not all women have children. But that is beside the point. You can cook, so what is your problem? I don't bash men because I have never known any that can work on cars, plumbing, electrical work, etc. I either do it myself or higher someone. That is the modern age. You learn how to do things or find someone that can.

Obesity is another thread and it isn't just the fact that a father doesn't know how to cook for his children and feeds them nothing but fast food, it is because he also doesn't teach them that exercise is necessary. Oh wait, my bad, did I say the father caused them to become obese? Yeah, bashing any sex isn't right! Stop the generalizations. Most children have two parents and if one of them is on here, they are usually a single parent, but they aren't necessarily or totally responsible for their children's eating habits or exercise lifestyle.
 lovetennis37
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:45:59 PM
I can cook somewhat, but I've never enjoyed it nor taken the time to be really creative with it. I can bake a little better than cook, but I don't do it often, as that would make me gain a lot of weight!

I think the main thing is we want someone who will help out around the house and not just say some chores are "women's work." If we work 40+ hours a week like a man does, then why are we supposed to come home and bust our butts while the man watches TV? And don't say that never happens. It so does.

I'll give you an example of something that happened last year to me...a man lived with me (at my home) briefly last year. Even though he got off work earlier than I did (by hours), he expected that I came home, fixed a nice meal, cleaned up and then was ready to go somewhere/play tennis by 7 p.m. Well, since I didn't get home until 6 p.m. from work, I just couldn't get it done. Now, this man wasn't mowing my yard or doing anything around my house. He was watching the news or sports while I was rushing to get dinner made. I thought he expected a little much. Some nights, I came home tired from work and really wanted to eat a sandwich or something quick and then go out and play sports . No...we had to have a good meal...it was my responsibility as a woman to do that for him.

Anyways, this type of attitude drives women like me to enjoy being single even more!!!
 Vannili
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:46:09 PM

Hell I can cook & don't mind &I'll even do dishes.....What I want is a woman who can do my laundry........Any takers?...

The offer is tempting, but no thanks I'll pass,,,,, For, I don't even know where to put the coins and operate the machine in these laundry Salon... I don't do laundry I throw away my dirty clothes and buy new ones..

But when it comes to Bed ,I am good and skilled...........

flowerforce
Msg: 57
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:48:07 PM
I know how to cook. I also know how to hire someone to change the oil in my car, fix the roof, mow the lawn etc. So those I have those so called manly jobs covered. I also run a business, clean my house, manage my finances and work in the garden. I have on occasion assembled Ikea furniture but I prefer the Bombay Company which also requires furniture assembly. So if you want a ham sandwich get it yourself and make me one while you are at it. I am too busy
Also let me point out many of the world class chefs are men. So I suggest you learn to cook and quit complaining about women who do not like to cook. Both my brothers are excellent cooks and do all the cooking at their house. By the way I love a man who can cook. It is a great asset for him to have.
 pirateheaven
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:01:27 PM

Most children have two parents and if one of them is on here, they are usually a single parent, but they aren't necessarily or totally responsible for their children's eating habits or exercise lifestyle.

To solve a problem you have to take responsibility and not pass the buck.

Kids deserve healthy cooked meals and not be forced to eat fast food in the name of political correctness or expediency. Women who "don't" cook are condemning their kids to ill health and shortened life spans unless their father cooks. If you can READ, you can cook. End of story.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 59
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:01:53 PM
Laundry Salon--that sounds so upscale!
What a *brilliant* idea!!
A place to take your laundry AND get your nails or hair done, ooh!! or a bikini wax! AND THEN, make the guy do all the cooking and dishes. I love it.
===========
Isn't it funny how, even in these modern times, men are said to "help" around the house? As if it isn't actually their RESPONSIBILITY as much as yours?
 lovetennis37
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:03:13 PM
^^^So what you are saying is that if there are two parents at home, and the woman doesn't cook, she alone is condemning her childred to ill health? The man isn't supposed to help out? It is the woman's fault alone?

I want to be with a man who will help out around the house. Maybe cook a few times a week while I cook the other nights.
 OutMind
Msg: 61
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:04:49 PM
Yeah women cook, but I preferred mine medium rare.
 HotCocoa87
Msg: 62
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:09:58 PM
Men are generally very lazy people. Which is why so many of them are complaining about having to cook. Eating is basic survival. You need to cook if you're going to eat. My brother knows how to cook and is the one doing most of the cooking in his relationship. Why? Because in my family if you can walk, you can help in the kitchen and when you help, you learn. That's the way I was taught ( I also love the food network) and that's the way he was taught as well. None of this male, female, domestication, nonsense. Even my twelve year old nephew can make things like scrambled eggs, mac and cheese . . . the basics. Why I taught him too.

For a moment, when I read the thread I thought I wasn't living in 2009. Now people are blaming childhood obesity on hard working mothers. Where are the fathers when the children are eating the burgers and fries? I thought they were the head of the house, or at least superior? I would assume they have the power to dictate what their children are being fed by these "responsible" mothers.
 HotCocoa87
Msg: 63
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:12:26 PM
*"irresponsible*
 OutMind
Msg: 64
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:15:45 PM

Now people are blaming childhood obesity on hard working mothers.

It is really laziness. And not only are the parents guilty, so are the schools.
 pirateheaven
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:18:52 PM
Message 64

Read a little more carefully. I said

Women who "don't" cook are condemning their kids to ill health and shortened life spans unless their father cooks.

You can email me your apology.
 curiosity_27
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:20:24 PM
Yes woman cook, some of us even do it on a daily basis. That is like asking do men stay faithful anymore lol
 outdoorgirlsunshine
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:27:09 PM
I can cook and did for 40 years, plus worked, cleaned house, did laundry and even mowed, so yes I can cook, if I want to. I would prefer a helper, where conversation can be had during preparation. However, don't have that so.........I DO WHAT I WANT!
 Savona
Msg: 68
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:27:49 PM
Wow ... I am a great cook and love to cook, and it`s not just me who says it.

I didn`t think men actually cared about that anymore. Seem every man`s profile I read says he is a great cook and doesn`t need/want or care if anyone ever cooks for them.

Savona
 big pacific
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:28:24 PM
Men are generally very lazy people. Which is why so many of them are complaining about having to cook.

LOL.

No ROFLMAO.

You woke up this morning and put on clothes from a company owned most likely by men, probably designed by gay men,put makeup on(and manufactured by mostly men) , got in your car (invented, designed, built and mantained by mostly men) on a road (built by mostly men) to work (in a building constructed by mostly men), wasting time at work on a computer (again, invented by men) on the internet (again, invented by men, wires ran mostly by men) with electricity (again, harnessed by men and the dam or powerplant most likely constructed by mostly men) so that you can buy stuff at a grocery store (built by mostly men), a mall (again, constructed by men, most companies IN said mall owned by men). Oh yeah, your house was built by a man too.

I COULD go on for ages.
Men are a great many things, but lazy in general? I think not.
 breath~
Msg: 70
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:32:44 PM
I spent 17 years cooking on a wood cookstove.. splitting and stacking the wood, too.
My choice, loved it.
GOOD food came off that woodstove!

Now, I cook still.. but it's just not as much fun.
If a man wants to cook.. I say fantastic, and let him go at it.

True, though, that many of the now-days young women just weren't taught to cook much.

How about I assemble the table and eat the sandwich and while you're washing my sucks.. :)
"washing my sucks" ?? LOL!
 tbuddha
Msg: 71
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:37:59 PM
First of all, I can cook my own food just fine. That said, I would NEVER hook up for the long term with a non-cooking, non-cleaning feminist type.

For those women who think we're the same - we're not. We all need to appreciate our differences. Saying crap like you can do whatever we can is NOT being appreciative or at all intelligent. Like countless other men on here have tried to explain - there are tons of things that you're gonna want us to do because you can't or won't (working on the car, fixing the house, etc.), you need to pull your weight too.

This feminist crap is why so many families fail, because people don't want to act like a family and cherish our gender roles. Go back through the threads and the only real women are in their 40s and up, the new generation of women are happy being mindless, walking vaginas.
 Kennedy3
Msg: 72
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:38:11 PM
there hasnt been any cooking in my kitchen for 6 years. im hoping my date will pick up a pizza on his way over or were both going hungry. well split the cost of course.
 dardika
Msg: 73
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:44:05 PM
"Grits A Ya-Ya" is a dish made with shrimp, bacon and gouda cheese grits. If you make it at home the you will spend about 4 dollars a serving. Go out to eat it...20 bucks per person.

I know what I am putting into my food. I know my kitchen is clean and my hands are clean. That is why I prefer to eat at home.

I have yet to taste a pound cake as good as my grandmothers and I know the recipe so my own pound cake is awesome! Why should I eat a piece of pound cake for 5 dollars when I can make a whole cake for under ten dollars and dole out slices to my neighbors and friends?

It really isn't always about the money, mostly it is about the fact that I like cooking.

Do I mess up sometimes...you betcha! I have thrown away several dishes that were not salvagable and told me SO..."we are going out to eat tonight"...lol
 lovetennis37
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:45:34 PM
I don't think we're exactly the same (and I keep a really clean house, btw), but I don't like the thought that just because I'm a woman, I can do certain things really well/enjoy certain things.

I don't enjoy cooking, but I do it sometimes because I want to eat healthy food and eating out all the time is expensive. I don't know how to work on a car, but I can take care of my lawn. I can do some home repairs but leave some things to the professionals. I don't like shopping very much, and I hate weddings and baby showers. I love decorating, though.

My point is that we are all unique. While men and women are different in some ways, I don't think all of that is genetic. Much of what is considered to be "gender roles" is socially engineered, not genetic. Now, I'm not a non-cooking, non-cleaning feminist type. But I don't like coming home and it's expected that I cook every night because I'm a woman. If we want to go back to specific gender roles, I'll cook while you work the man works all day.
 tbuddha
Msg: 75
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:45:59 PM
^^^(up 2 posts) See what I mean about over 40?! I was born 15 years too late to snag a good one!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??