Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 junkyard dawg
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??Page 4 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
If both Partners are working, house work and cooking should be 50/50.You are not doing your partner a favor Guys by helping.Its your duty to help.
I can cook, I also bake my own bread and rolls.Cooking nutritious meals is more pleasurable to me and I hate fast food.Both myself and my brother are qualified chefs, I worked in that job for 4 years until I changed to my current career.
My brothers can all cook, iron, do laundry, clean etc.They were taught as kids.If you have two hands ,you can cook and clean.I would have no objection to changing the oil or fixing the roof either.I do gardening, outdoor work no problem.
There is all this guff about women feeling entitled and paying etc, yet we have threads like this.I am beginning to feel, men only want equality, when it saves their wallet.
 lovemesomemen
Msg: 77
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:51:37 PM
Can I get that pound cake receipe?
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 78
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:52:18 PM
That said, I would NEVER hook up for the long term with a non-cooking, non-cleaning feminist type.

I defy you to find a link between cleanliness and feminist leanings. I swear, some people are just so embittered they make these fantasy connections.

the only real women are in their 40s and up

oooh, I see someone has a crush on me!
=========

For a FAMILY to work, each person needs to put in. Not 50/50 on everything, but according to their abilities.

Do you know you just made a feminist statement?! Welcome to the dark side...
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 79
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:56:32 PM
I'm anal about my kitchen, it's my domain and things need to be done a certain way...on the rare occassion that I can bring myself to give it up or share it with someone...I often end up taking over completely....I'm not sure where it came from, but I have taken complete ownership and have absolute control in my kitchen...could be some kind of deeply seeded control issues but that's the way I like it...

So yeah, I cook but.....When the cooking becomes expected instead of appreciated....my kitchen closes it's doors....
 tbuddha
Msg: 80
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:00:41 PM
oooh, I see someone has a crush on me!

No, I wasn't referring to you, but you knew that.

I'm not bitter except maybe about all the feminist propaganda I was fed growing up via my mom's TV shows. I ended up dating a lot of the wrong kinds of women. Ones that thought they didn't need me because they can do it all themselves and don't need men for anything. That's why we have so many single moms on here. For a FAMILY to work, each person needs to put in. Not 50/50 on everything, but according to their abilities.

I'm anal about my kitchen, it's my domain and things need to be done a certain way...

Again, a woman from the last generation. Won't see a 20something making the same remark on here!
 SwtSarai
Msg: 81
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:05:42 PM
I dont know What your Talking about..LOL I cook and I love it..I think a Man should know how to cook too, I need a break from Time to Time so having a man cook would be nice as well.
 lovetennis37
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:07:41 PM
Tbuddha....just because you've dated a lot of the wrong type of women doesn't mean everyone below 40 is a lazy, senseless woman. I'm sure you know that. Many women think men are great. I like when a man helps me do things. I think that people should help out according to their abilities. I think the main complaint a lot of women have is that we are expected to have abilities in certain areas because we are women. I would think that men would not like being expected to have certain abilities because they are men. People are unique.

With that said, definitely everyone should help out in a family. I know some 20something and 30something women who are great with their families and certainly not lazy in any way. Since most the women I know work, their husbands help out, too. The women I know who are struggling are the ones who work all day, come home, cook and clean all evening, take care of the kids and never get any help from their husbands. They are worn out all the time and often unhappy.
 WindRoper
Msg: 83
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:09:30 PM
Ya know, all a man has to do is treat me well (and I ain't talking about financial support, holidays or sparklies) and not only will I COOK for him, I'll fix his plate and BRING it to him... in bed, in the recliner, on the patio. I don't care. Not because it is EXPECTED of me but because I have a desire to treat him well too.
 tbuddha
Msg: 84
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:11:43 PM

The women I know who are struggling are the ones who work all day, come home, cook and clean all evening, take care of the kids and never get any help from their husbands. They are worn out all the time and often unhappy.

I know some younger woman like that - I can count them on one hand. I won't shy from bashing feminist men either, they're just as bad and maybe worse. If a guy can't take care of his woman when she is taking care of the home and kids all day, she should leave him or stop putting out.
 curiosity_27
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:33:40 PM

First of all, I can cook my own food just fine. That said, I would NEVER hook up for the long term with a non-cooking, non-cleaning feminist type.

For those women who think we're the same - we're not. We all need to appreciate our differences. Saying crap like you can do whatever we can is NOT being appreciative or at all intelligent. Like countless other men on here have tried to explain - there are tons of things that you're gonna want us to do because you can't or won't (working on the car, fixing the house, etc.), you need to pull your weight too.

This feminist crap is why so many families fail, because people don't want to act like a family and cherish our gender roles. Go back through the threads and the only real women are in their 40s and up, the new generation of women are happy being mindless, walking vaginas.

Hey take that back, there are some woman, yes I am in my 20's who are old-fashioned and like to keep the kitchen to themselves, and cook and bake masterpieces, because it is something they love to do. I loved cooking for my family, and I loved being a wife and still love taking care of my children. My marriage still failed, and I am no mindless walking vagina, how gross
 PeggyI
Msg: 86
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:43:06 PM
Can I cook? I'm a great cook. I am fabulous at Italian, pretty good Cordon Bleu, do well with Chinese and Japanese, and enjoy trying new fusion recipes. I can bake pastries, cakes, cinnamon buns and make bread and make homemade chocolate and candy. For more than 20 years I put meat potatoes and gravy on the table every night, french toast or waffles and omelets on sunday mornings.

I'm sick of it. Make your own dammed sammich....
 867love
Msg: 87
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:44:24 PM
Forget the cooking -whats with her sink piled full of dirty dishes?
how hard is it to put them in the dishwasher two feet from the sink?

probibly her way of saying "why dont we just go out for dinner"
(smart girl)

HotCocoa87
Msg: 88
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:44:47 PM
got in your car: I don't drive
to work (in a building constructed by mostly men), wasting time at work on a computer (again, invented by men) on the internet (again, invented : I don't work for any man since I own my own film company.

Men are lazy. You talk of inventions? Did I say that men have not invented? It's a redundant response, yet, I've been nibbling at it. Anyway, these same inventions have been made so that lazy men can do less work. Inventions mean nothing, my dear, when we are discussing the fact that men are lazy. Man turned leisure into tradition. I could go on as well, detailing the history of man's laziness, but I have better things to do.
 barbee1970
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:47:41 PM
I've been cookin' since I was 10. But sashimiboy, this isn't McDonald's, honey. Make your own ham sammich.

I assembled my own table the other day.
 CancerCrab7677
Msg: 90
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:48:46 PM
I can cook my butt off!!! I work full time and I go home and cook almost every night!!! YOU show me a man who brings home the bacon w/out crying about doing so and I can show you a woman who can stay in the kitchen.. NUFF SAID!
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 91
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:51:35 PM

Hey take that back, there are some woman, yes I am in my 20's who are old-fashioned and like to keep the kitchen to themselves, and cook and bake masterpieces, because it is something they love to do. I loved cooking for my family, and I loved being a wife and still love taking care of my children.

This is true...women do not need be of a certain age to enjoy the many rewarding joys of the kitchen....although I am taking a lil bit of offense of the "old-fashioned" choice of wording...makes me feel, well...old......lol

The kitchen wasn't always MY domain...it happend over many years of spending time in it....took me a very long time to become anal and govern it without absolution...
 wolftxus
Msg: 92
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:25:47 PM
I can cook every day of the week and on the weekends. Let's see how long you can eat pasta or scrambled eggs before you drop the idea of 50-50, because that's all I can make. But I got good about microwaving. I can tell the food and manufacturer by sniffing the carton.

Now if the computer freezes or a loudspeaker cable comes off, do we still take turns? 50-50 is BS. Does it mean you stir ten rounds then I do? No, and that is the reason I don't cook. In a partnership you specialize and focus in most areas so that one does this and the other that. I don't mind laundry and dishes, but I dread cooking. and feminist reasoning makes me run.
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:28:07 PM
Yes!
I love to cook and I love my cooking. I'm 59. I have two daughters in their mid-twenties, both amazing cooks in very different ways. Here's the kicker, though - oldest daughter's LT BF was a sous chef in Banff and he is AMAZING in the kitchen!
My question to you - Do you cook at all?
 jsphn11
Msg: 94
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:28:12 PM
Yes, they do. The ones that enjoy the process, or the ones, who have to in order to feed their children or to keep a strict diet. Otherwise, why bother? If men nowadays expect women to work full time and provide financially, pay on dates, invite men out, etc…in other words, deviate from traditional gender roles, why would women be forcing themselves to slave in the kitchen if they don’t enjoy it? Double standards? Do some men welcome equality only when it saves them money and efforts?

I know a lot of women that would do all that domestic stuff if the men were providing financially.
 sdbySassyGal
Msg: 95
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:41:09 PM
I really don't get all the hostility on this thread. BOTH sexes are really ticked off... It should boil down to people sharing in responsibilites, and WANTING to make each other's lives better in doing so..

To the poster above... I can build a computer.. I can wire complete sound systems, including installation in vehicles... I also made a nice roast beef dinner today while I was installing my new kitchen floor... It's not about feminism.. it's about doing things that have to be done. I love nothing more than making a beautiful dinner for someone special, but I also have no qualms about mowing my own lawn or doing renovations around the house. If people nickle-and-dime EVERY aspect of life, it's no wonder there are so many bitter and lonely people out there. Reading all these posts makes me think men and women hate each other more every day... It's incredibly disheartening.
 Touchdown Bundy
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:50:47 PM

My brother knows how to cook and is the one doing most of the cooking in his relationship. Why? Because in my family if you can walk, you can help in the kitchen and when you help, you learn.

.... I'm confused. All the women in your brother's family can't walk, so that's why he does most of the cooking? This thread wasn't really about men wanting servants, I thought it was about at least sharing the duties.

Women, would you like to find a man that can do his share of the laundry? So, why is it so awful to want a woman that can cook?
 DeepLuv09
Msg: 97
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:52:35 PM
I cook twice a week. Anything more than that is a waste of time that I rather spend on POF
 eschec mat
Msg: 98
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:55:19 PM
Kids deserve healthy cooked meals and not be forced to eat fast food in the name of political correctness or expediency. Women who "don't" cook are condemning their kids to ill health and shortened life spans unless their father cooks. If you can READ, you can cook. End of story.
Women that have children that don't cook could be vegans or have a SO that does. A father that has them should also. Never knew a kid to be forced to eat fast food, seems like they love to do that every once in a while. Ok, I love the fruit parfaits at McDonald's and the broiled chicken at Burger King. I am a meatatarian. Not the healthiest eating style, so I do try to get the veggies and fruits in. Fruits and veggies are best uncooked. Veggis can be nuked aka microwaved or steamed to keep the vitamins in. How you eat today is reflected in your health tomorrow. No rocket science there.

I really teach my kids equally. They have to know how to clean, cook, take care of the yard, maintain the cars, and if something happens in the house, I make sure if someone has to come in, they watch them.

Now if the computer freezes or a loudspeaker cable comes off, do we still take turns?
Absolutely not. I have yet to date any man that knows crap about the inner workings of computers! My ex didn't even know how to turn a computer on let alone the difference between the C drive or the hard drive. I have updated hardware in computers. I not only trained people on how to use them, but was also the person in charge of the computers for the Bureau of Construction.

I have rewired lamps. Fixed my shower ie replaced the hot and cold water valves. Oh heck, if you can read, you can figure out how to do it.

If you can read you can also pick up a cook book and figure out how to cook healthy foods, but again, raw foods are better for you. Yeah, I buy fruit for my kids to snack on, rarely do we do chips etc. because I have hereditary high cholesterol. I won't post pictures of my kids on here but I do have private pics on myspace and facebook that I share with my friends and family.

I'm no feminist. I love to wear dresses and paint my nails, but that doesn't make me brain dead. I see no reason why men and women can't cook. I see it as men wanting to be lazy if they are looking for a woman to cook. I honestly have only dated my current bf that likes to and cooks well, but if you are hungry, you sure can learn. Again, as far as plumbing, electrical work, cars, etc. have NEVER been with a man that could do that stuff! I sure as heck never dissed them. I have always brought home bacon, fried it up in a pan, and he never let me forget he was a lazy azz man...ok, I don't do bacon. I wish the men I was with knew things. I wish my dad could have taught me, but I lived 11 hours about from him from 14 to adulthood, so the time for learning from him was lost. For whatever reason, there are many men that never learn how to do any of those supposedly male things. I don't hold it against a man! I accept people for the abilities, not their inabilities.
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 99
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:58:33 PM

Women, would you like to find a man that can do his share of the laundry

Yes....but only if he does it right...

So, why is it so awful to want a woman that can cook?

It's really quite simple...the old "women belong in the kitchen" mentality brings about the problem....makes it sound like we don't belong anywhere else...yanno?...the differnce between appreciating and demanding clears that up for me personally...

I cook twice a week. Anything more than that is a waste of time that I rather spend on POF

^^^ Sooooooooooo true........Frozen lasagna on tonights menu....bon appitito! hahahaha
 *topchef*
Msg: 100
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:59:57 PM
OH Wow!!!

Next it will be....dont women darn socks anymore? or... I only like my woman to wear dresses with stockings and high heels. Or why did we ever let them vote? Such BS!!! Get a grip OP and get into the new mellenium.

I love to cook, but I also work 50+ hours a week, so if I dont have the time or energy to cook some nights, it wont happen. I will be content to microwave a dish of something hearty I made from scratch, stored in single servings, from the freezer, pick up some take out or go out for dinner. If my guy wants to cook, go for it....hopefully he has some talent and passion for it and the food will taste great. One of my ex's thought he was a champ in the kitchen, but the food was utterly inedible.

But anyone who EXPECTS it or DEMANDS a meal on the table, will likely be sipping his next one, through a straw.....alone.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??